Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday 13:33 - Feb 26 with 4874 viewsColDale

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 17:52 - Feb 26 with 4472 viewsShun

What a shame our form is currently so poor, as I can't see this offer having much benefit at all. In fact, due to poor results I can see the attendance being even lower than the last Tuesday night match's.
£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 17:57 - Feb 26 with 4464 viewsmacro

Port Vale despite poor form seem to be bringing a few. If we can’t get close to 5000 on this offer then there’s no hope.
Oldham whose form was worse got almost 7500 for their offer
£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:04 - Feb 26 with 4446 viewsD_Alien

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 17:52 - Feb 26 by Shun

What a shame our form is currently so poor, as I can't see this offer having much benefit at all. In fact, due to poor results I can see the attendance being even lower than the last Tuesday night match's.

It does raise the question (not a trivial one, i hope) of what size crowd might be considered a success, given all the circumstances. 5000 might've been a possibility (alluding to another post) if we'd not been on a run of poor results

As it stands, I'd consider 3000 a success

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:10 - Feb 26 with 4423 viewsmacro

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:04 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

It does raise the question (not a trivial one, i hope) of what size crowd might be considered a success, given all the circumstances. 5000 might've been a possibility (alluding to another post) if we'd not been on a run of poor results

As it stands, I'd consider 3000 a success

3000 would be a disaster.
£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:14 - Feb 26 with 4403 viewsD_Alien

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:10 - Feb 26 by macro

3000 would be approx 1000 more than might otherwise be expected

It's been pointed out elsewhere btw that the Latics fanbase is much greater than ours, from their days in the top divisions

Let's be a bit more realistic

3000 and a victory, with most of them back next Saturday against the league leaders, would be progress

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:24 - Feb 26 with 4360 viewsChaffRAFC

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:10 - Feb 26 by macro

With the run we're on, the fact it's a night game and the fact we very rarely attract new fans means I would not be expecting much over 3000.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:35 - Feb 26 with 4324 views442Dale

Would yesterday's result put off the floaters?

Yes, us bunch of obsessives are analysing it to death, but how many of those who saw '£1 to get in at Dale' and thought "I'll go to that" will then change their minds because we lost after playing two of our highest scorers at full back?

Yes, it may have an effect but some won't even have checked the result let alone the circumstances behind it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:36 - Feb 26 with 4321 viewsShun

I'm certainly expecting not many more than 3000.
Login to get fewer ads

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:39 - Feb 26 with 4312 viewsscarrow

it's how many home fans which matters - hopefully 3000 plus
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 18:41]

Poll: Final position

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 21:26 - Feb 26 with 4043 viewsBobbyjoe

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:39 - Feb 26 by scarrow

it's how many home fans which matters - hopefully 3000 plus
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 18:41]

Actually, we're considering going in the Willbutt's, so you might have to add a couple!
£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 21:51 - Feb 26 with 3994 viewssince58

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 18:35 - Feb 26 by 442Dale

Would yesterday's result put off the floaters?

Yes, us bunch of obsessives are analysing it to death, but how many of those who saw '£1 to get in at Dale' and thought "I'll go to that" will then change their minds because we lost after playing two of our highest scorers at full back?

Yes, it may have an effect but some won't even have checked the result let alone the circumstances behind it.

you can lead a horse to water .but .
£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 16:21 - Feb 27 with 3366 viewsRAFC_1990

Does anyone know how many tickets we have sold? I know most people will probably just pay on the gate, but Ive had a quick look on the online ticket system.

It would seem the Main stand is all but sold out, The family stand block of the Pearl Street is quite full, now I imagine the club has reserved a huge chunk of that block to sell at the Wheatsheef etc, but the rest of the stand is red/orange, It seems maybe we are looking to open up a block of the Willbutts for home fans? With the greyed out block Vale fans? The sandy is difficult to work out but is showing orange.

Having studied the online ticketing for the Huddersfield game it would seem the home ends are similar if not a bit less, So I would hazard a guess there are 3,500 tickets accounted for. However I imagine the club has reserved a number of these for club guests (Main stand block near the Pearl St), Family stand tickets etc which may not actually be in the hands of people.

I could hazard a guess at maybe 3,000 tickets including ST holders being in the hands of people atm, couple with that an extra 1,000 paying on the gate and a larger than normal following from Vale, is 4,500/5000 a potentially realistic gate?

I am generally really intrigued in this offer, Ive never seen anything like since I've been going to the Dale (15 years) Im just really hopeful it attracts the numbers we would like.

What is a success? As Russ said, this game would normally attract about 2/2200, so if 4,000 are there thats your gate doubled

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 17:21 - Feb 27 with 3282 viewsdingdangblue

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 16:21 - Feb 27 by RAFC_1990

Does anyone know how many tickets we have sold? I know most people will probably just pay on the gate, but Ive had a quick look on the online ticket system.

It would seem the Main stand is all but sold out, The family stand block of the Pearl Street is quite full, now I imagine the club has reserved a huge chunk of that block to sell at the Wheatsheef etc, but the rest of the stand is red/orange, It seems maybe we are looking to open up a block of the Willbutts for home fans? With the greyed out block Vale fans? The sandy is difficult to work out but is showing orange.

Having studied the online ticketing for the Huddersfield game it would seem the home ends are similar if not a bit less, So I would hazard a guess there are 3,500 tickets accounted for. However I imagine the club has reserved a number of these for club guests (Main stand block near the Pearl St), Family stand tickets etc which may not actually be in the hands of people.

I could hazard a guess at maybe 3,000 tickets including ST holders being in the hands of people atm, couple with that an extra 1,000 paying on the gate and a larger than normal following from Vale, is 4,500/5000 a potentially realistic gate?

I am generally really intrigued in this offer, Ive never seen anything like since I've been going to the Dale (15 years) Im just really hopeful it attracts the numbers we would like.

What is a success? As Russ said, this game would normally attract about 2/2200, so if 4,000 are there thats your gate doubled

There's a fella I work with who's never been to Dale before and he told me today that he was going! If that's the case with other people then it will be a success. I know when Oldham and bury have done similar offers they get quite a few other teams fans going - although there's quite a few games tomorrow night which may not help. Anything over 5000 would be a massive success - that includes Port Vale fans who must surely be taking up the offer also.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 19:27 - Feb 27 with 3107 views100569

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 17:21 - Feb 27 by dingdangblue

There's a fella I work with who's never been to Dale before and he told me today that he was going! If that's the case with other people then it will be a success. I know when Oldham and bury have done similar offers they get quite a few other teams fans going - although there's quite a few games tomorrow night which may not help. Anything over 5000 would be a massive success - that includes Port Vale fans who must surely be taking up the offer also.

There are a lot going from our place that dont go to Dale normally as well
£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 20:46 - Feb 27 with 2992 viewsrochedale

I think we may be pleasantly surprised. Was speaking to a City fan this eve who wouldn't normally dream of attending, he and 5 mates are going, they saw the promotion on social media.

I'm gunna go for a crowd of just over 5000, which would be awesome.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 22:01 - Feb 27 with 2880 viewsdingdangblue

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 20:46 - Feb 27 by rochedale

I think we may be pleasantly surprised. Was speaking to a City fan this eve who wouldn't normally dream of attending, he and 5 mates are going, they saw the promotion on social media.

I'm gunna go for a crowd of just over 5000, which would be awesome.

2 x 5000 home crowds in one week! (if it happens) That can't have happened many times for us although we did it v Darlington and Northampton the week we were promoted for the 1st time under Hill.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 22:36 - Feb 27 with 2814 viewsD_Alien

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/first-time-visitor-guide-35979

More evidence of joined-up thinking by the club

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 07:32 - Feb 28 with 2610 viewsPDIDDY

You lot seem more interested in a big crowd than 3 points towards your promotion push. It's only a game I suppose

Gissa job

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 08:41 - Feb 28 with 2497 viewsregjenkins

Interested in paying our bills i expect.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 09:00 - Feb 28 with 2456 viewsTVOS1907

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 07:32 - Feb 28 by PDIDDY

You lot seem more interested in a big crowd than 3 points towards your promotion push. It's only a game I suppose

There's a bit of a clue in the thread title.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 09:12 - Feb 28 with 2421 viewsDaleiLama

What's the weather like up there chaps? Chance this might be called off?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 09:43 - Feb 28 with 2366 viewsdingdangblue

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 09:12 - Feb 28 by DaleiLama

What's the weather like up there chaps? Chance this might be called off?

Sleet and rain. Should be ok but might put a few off coming for a quid.

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 09:58 - Feb 28 with 2335 viewsDaleiLama

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 09:43 - Feb 28 by dingdangblue

Sleet and rain. Should be ok but might put a few off coming for a quid.

Still snowing in Cheshire but glad things are better up there. Expect you are right though about putting some off.

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 10:23 - Feb 28 with 2268 viewsDaleiLama

Russ interview on GMR just after 1:50 mark promoting tonight and hinting at next years ST initiative. Nothing new really but good to get the extra publicity especially in view of this cr@p weather.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04st6r5

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 10:54 - Feb 28 with 2195 viewsPDIDDY

£1 admission v Port Vale on Tuesday on 10:23 - Feb 28 by DaleiLama

Russ interview on GMR just after 1:50 mark promoting tonight and hinting at next years ST initiative. Nothing new really but good to get the extra publicity especially in view of this cr@p weather.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04st6r5

Crowds will not increase long term, simple as that, you're either a Dale fan or not, clubs our size are wasting time thinking it will happen, anyhow get vale stuffed tonight

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024