Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game off :-( 17:14 - Feb 28 with 11483 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Game off :-( on 19:22 - Feb 28 with 2504 viewsjohnn

Reason off,used soil based turf instead of sand based turf this has now puddled on the surface,water can' t get through and can't put holes in or would ruin the pitch all together
Game off :-( on 19:24 - Feb 28 with 2475 views442Dale

Game off :-( on 19:22 - Feb 28 by johnn

Reason off,used soil based turf instead of sand based turf this has now puddled on the surface,water can' t get through and can't put holes in or would ruin the pitch all together

Is that a guess or what has happened? If so, what can we do to prevent further postponements?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Game off :-( on 19:25 - Feb 28 with 2455 viewsboromat

I set off at 5 after checking it was still on. Luckily got a phonecall to warn me when I was halfway there just before joining the M60. Slot of Vale fans won't have been so fortunate. In terms of the business side of the club a terrible game to have called off and surely the travel time of the away fans should have been taken into account when the match was first in doubt. All I can think is the club thought the pitch was ok and then had to wait for the ref and vale to turn up for an official decision that went against them.

From a footballing perspective this game being off isn't a bad thing with the illness, injuries, suspensions etc.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Game off :-( on 19:28 - Feb 28 with 2434 viewsdalelee

Game off :-( on 17:59 - Feb 28 by 1907

It's absolutely inexcusable this, not one other game has been postponed due to weather related conditions? Bemused!

Walsall & Tranmere Rovers games both off due to waterlogged pitches.
Game off :-( on 19:34 - Feb 28 with 2372 viewsShun

Game off :-( on 17:24 - Feb 28 by ColDale

Shouldn't cause too many issues. Can't see them changing anything now. The only problem would be that they needed to test the water before fixing season ticket prices for next season, and that might need to be decided before the game is rearranged.

I'm not so sure. I think a lot of people who've bought a ticket might not come to the rearranged fixture. If I'd bought, on a whim, a £1 ticket to a sporting event that I'd never been to before and it was called off with just a few hours notice, I'd in all honesty probably just forget about it. I certainly wouldn't be bothered to look up when it's rearranged for.

I think it makes a difference that a lot taking up the offer might be more used to United or City, or simply only watching EPL games on TV where postponements are near enough non-existent. Those fans might just see this as a further stick to beat us with, one more reason why lower league football isn't worth it. Certainly a far cry from the professional, improving club we're becoming on and off the pitch.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 19:35]
Game off :-( on 19:35 - Feb 28 with 2361 views1907

Game off :-( on 19:28 - Feb 28 by dalelee

Walsall & Tranmere Rovers games both off due to waterlogged pitches.

At the time of my post no other games had been postponed. There are plenty of games on being played at a far lower level than ours tonight also.
Game off :-( on 19:58 - Feb 28 with 2210 viewsdalelee

Tranmere was called off at midday, their first postponement due to weather since season 2012-13.
I understand the frustration but I don't think our postponement is inexcusable. It's not as if the club aren't trying to rectify the problem. Hopefully they will get it right sooner rather than later.
Game off :-( on 20:04 - Feb 28 with 2184 viewspioneer

Were tickets for the Sheff U game on sale tonight? This could have further financial ramifications - it was a great opportunity for the folks coming tonight to pick up a ticket for Saturday. Opportunity missed?
Login to get fewer ads

Game off :-( on 20:05 - Feb 28 with 2172 views442Dale

Game off :-( on 19:58 - Feb 28 by dalelee

Tranmere was called off at midday, their first postponement due to weather since season 2012-13.
I understand the frustration but I don't think our postponement is inexcusable. It's not as if the club aren't trying to rectify the problem. Hopefully they will get it right sooner rather than later.

The game being off is one thing, but it's been handled very poorly.

Game off :-( on 20:06 - Feb 28 with 2155 viewsShun

We're going to have some serious games in hand after tonight. We're already playing every Tuesday in March barring next week as it is.
Game off :-( on 20:08 - Feb 28 with 2134 viewsTVOS1907

Game off :-( on 20:06 - Feb 28 by Shun

We're going to have some serious games in hand after tonight. We're already playing every Tuesday in March barring next week as it is.

Aye and looking at the calendar, we've only got three more Tuesday nights available before the end of the season.

Tuesday 7th March
Tuesday 4th April
Tuesday 25th April

Tuesday 11th April is two days before the bury game, so that's not been included, and the following Tuesday is the day after Easter Monday.

Let's hope there are no more postponements...

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Game off :-( on 20:10 - Feb 28 with 2120 views442Dale

Game off :-( on 20:08 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

Aye and looking at the calendar, we've only got three more Tuesday nights available before the end of the season.

Tuesday 7th March
Tuesday 4th April
Tuesday 25th April

Tuesday 11th April is two days before the bury game, so that's not been included, and the following Tuesday is the day after Easter Monday.

Let's hope there are no more postponements...

#2000/01

Game off :-( on 20:13 - Feb 28 with 2107 viewsfitzochris

Game off :-( on 19:22 - Feb 28 by johnn

Sounds like you know what you're talking about.

Is this a deliberate decision with regards to the soil? If so, what are the benefits against the obvious negatives tonight?

Also, will this be an ongoing issue for the remainder of the season every time it rains?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Game off :-( on 20:13 - Feb 28 with 2102 viewsNorthYorksDale

Checked around 4:15, no mention of pitch inspection, set off from work early then over for the game.
Thought I was doing well parking quite close.
P1ssed off doesn't quite cover it !!!!
Game off :-( on 20:27 - Feb 28 with 2019 viewsfitzochris

Game off :-( on 20:05 - Feb 28 by 442Dale

The game being off is one thing, but it's been handled very poorly.

Talking of poor communication, we were told today that the ticket office would be closed until 12.30pm tomorrow and to come along for the Sheff Utd tickets from that point onward.

I've now just noticed on the website a note saying the office will be closed between 11.15am and 2pm. Three wasted trips to the ground already today and potentially another one tomorrow FFS.

The club has done a lot right recently, but today is one to forget.

Game off :-( on 20:34 - Feb 28 with 1980 viewsD_Alien

Game off :-( on 20:27 - Feb 28 by fitzochris

Talking of poor communication, we were told today that the ticket office would be closed until 12.30pm tomorrow and to come along for the Sheff Utd tickets from that point onward.

I've now just noticed on the website a note saying the office will be closed between 11.15am and 2pm. Three wasted trips to the ground already today and potentially another one tomorrow FFS.

On that same subject, I wonder just how much of an effect the internet problems had on the overall "approach" to the game being called off, i.e. if there hadn't been an internet problem, mightn't the club have put in a greater effort to get the water out of the pitch using their water-sopping gear?

[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 20:35]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Game off :-( on 20:34 - Feb 28 with 1978 viewsShun

Game off :-( on 20:10 - Feb 28 by 442Dale

#2000/01

What happened then?
Game off :-( on 20:34 - Feb 28 with 1980 views442Dale

Game off :-( on 20:27 - Feb 28 by fitzochris

There's a definite argument for analysing the processes around communication.

The club have illustrated in recent times that they're willing to do this (they responded excellently to concerns around the open sale of Barrow tickets) and established that when everyone is aware of a process it's easier for all concerned.

Around today's events they'll obviously look at whether there should be a consistency around updating supporters during a prolonged spell of bad weather that has been forecast.

Game off :-( on 20:37 - Feb 28 with 1946 viewsfitzochris

Game off :-( on 20:34 - Feb 28 by 442Dale

There's a definite argument for analysing the processes around communication.

The club have illustrated in recent times that they're willing to do this (they responded excellently to concerns around the open sale of Barrow tickets) and established that when everyone is aware of a process it's easier for all concerned.

Around today's events they'll obviously look at whether there should be a consistency around updating supporters during a prolonged spell of bad weather that has been forecast.

They might also want to look at their internal comms, too.

Game off :-( on 20:37 - Feb 28 with 1936 viewsTVOS1907

Game off :-( on 20:34 - Feb 28 by Shun

What happened then?

We had a load of postponements and subsequent fixture backlog.

http://www.11v11.com/teams/rochdale/tab/matches/season/2001/
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 20:38]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Game off :-( on 20:38 - Feb 28 with 1931 viewsfitzochris

What happened then?

Plymouth and Blackpool

Game off :-( on 20:39 - Feb 28 with 1912 viewsClivert

What happened then?

There was a ten day stretch in the April where we played Saturday, Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Tuesday.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 20:44]
Game off :-( on 20:42 - Feb 28 with 1870 views442Dale

Game off :-( on 20:37 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

We had a load of postponements and subsequent fixture backlog.

http://www.11v11.com/teams/rochdale/tab/matches/season/2001/
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 20:38]

10 games in 33 days It's really bizarre how we didn't play a Saturday game from mid-March until mid-April!

What were the postponements around then? Plymouth presumably?

Game off :-( on 20:47 - Feb 28 with 1824 viewsfitzochris

Game off :-( on 20:42 - Feb 28 by 442Dale

10 games in 33 days It's really bizarre how we didn't play a Saturday game from mid-March until mid-April!

And the Blackpool one, which was a Thursday, I think.

Game off :-( on 20:57 - Feb 28 with 1765 viewsTVOS1907

Game off :-( on 20:42 - Feb 28 by 442Dale

Plymouth (h) was originally postponed on Saturday 25th November.

Carlisle (h) was postponed on Saturday 10th February.

Lincoln (h) was postponed on Saturday 31st March.

Blackpool (a) was postponed on Saturday 7th April.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024