Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale 12:07 - Mar 1 with 2281 viewsdingdangblue

Tuesday 4th April or
Tuesday 25th April (last week of the season)
The only Tuesday's available we aren't playing (or interfering with Monday/Thursday games) - assuming it can't/won't be arranged for next Tuesday (more chance of players being fit in April ).
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 12:21]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Port Vale on 12:36 - Mar 1 with 2219 viewsBarryStrange

Pretty sure you have to arrange it for the next mutually available Tuesday. If Port Vale are also available next week, you may have to do it next Tuesday.

Whenever it is, I sincerely hope you win it.
Port Vale on 12:54 - Mar 1 with 2163 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale on 12:36 - Mar 1 by BarryStrange

Pretty sure you have to arrange it for the next mutually available Tuesday. If Port Vale are also available next week, you may have to do it next Tuesday.

Whenever it is, I sincerely hope you win it.

You don't, else our Millwall and AFC Wimbledon games would have been played by now.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Port Vale on 13:16 - Mar 1 with 2114 viewsBendy

The League One season being a week shorter than the Champ/L2 (in order to get the play-offs in before the end of May as the FA cup final is on the same weekend as the traditional playoff weekend so they had to move one - the L1 final - a week earlier) could backfire on us.

As DDB says we only have two free midweeks left, one of which will be used by the Port Vale game. If the weather doesn't get better and the game on Saturday is called off as well, that presumably uses the other one. Theoretically the date of the Millwall game is in the firing line as that is currently scheduled on the midweek of an FA Cup relay should they draw at Spurs.

In any case, we are only two more postponements from trouble, although we could shoehorn a game into the midweek after Easter, especially at home, although that would be on the Wed (or Thur) to make sense. Then we would be playing in that case Thur, Mon, Wed, Sat
Port Vale on 20:28 - Mar 1 with 1838 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale on 13:16 - Mar 1 by Bendy

The League One season being a week shorter than the Champ/L2 (in order to get the play-offs in before the end of May as the FA cup final is on the same weekend as the traditional playoff weekend so they had to move one - the L1 final - a week earlier) could backfire on us.

As DDB says we only have two free midweeks left, one of which will be used by the Port Vale game. If the weather doesn't get better and the game on Saturday is called off as well, that presumably uses the other one. Theoretically the date of the Millwall game is in the firing line as that is currently scheduled on the midweek of an FA Cup relay should they draw at Spurs.

In any case, we are only two more postponements from trouble, although we could shoehorn a game into the midweek after Easter, especially at home, although that would be on the Wed (or Thur) to make sense. Then we would be playing in that case Thur, Mon, Wed, Sat

There aren't any FA Cup quarter final replays from this season.

Port Vale on 20:48 - Mar 1 with 1809 viewsPDIDDY

Have you got a game April 1st?

Gissa job

Port Vale on 21:02 - Mar 1 with 1773 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale on 20:48 - Mar 1 by PDIDDY

Have you got a game April 1st?

Depends on the weather.

Port Vale on 21:28 - Mar 1 with 1720 viewsColDale

25th April would be very problematic - especially if we are stick to our guarantee £1 entry. It is very much conceivable that this could be a game Port Vale need to win to stay up, and as such, buoyed by the £1 admission, could they bring 2-3000 for the game? Think we need to get it played as early as possible for that reason.
Port Vale on 21:33 - Mar 1 with 1709 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale on 21:28 - Mar 1 by ColDale

25th April would be very problematic - especially if we are stick to our guarantee £1 entry. It is very much conceivable that this could be a game Port Vale need to win to stay up, and as such, buoyed by the £1 admission, could they bring 2-3000 for the game? Think we need to get it played as early as possible for that reason.

They'll have to go for 4th April, thereby saving 25th April for further postponements.

The Wednesday after Easter Monday could also be used in severe circumstances, such as in 91/92.

Login to get fewer ads

Port Vale on 22:23 - Mar 1 with 1643 viewsrochdaleriddler

Port Vale on 21:28 - Mar 1 by ColDale

Why would them bringing a lot be a problem?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Port Vale on 22:53 - Mar 1 with 1604 viewsdingdangblue

Port Vale on 22:23 - Mar 1 by rochdaleriddler

Why would them bringing a lot be a problem?

3000 x £1 or 3000 x £12/£22 ?

Not sure they would bring 3000 on a Tuesday night though - even if it was to stay up.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Port Vale on 21:33 - Mar 2 with 1190 viewsrochdaleriddler

Port Vale on 22:53 - Mar 1 by dingdangblue

Not sure they would bring 3000 on a Tuesday night though - even if it was to stay up.

So if we play it early and 500 turn up we get £500. If we play later and 3000 turn up we get £3000.the club have said the game will be £1, so if we play it later, and more turn up we make more money. It won't be at full price whenever it's played, I don't understand your point
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 22:02]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Port Vale on 21:53 - Mar 2 with 1153 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Port Vale on 22:53 - Mar 1 by dingdangblue

Remember Plymouth a few seasons back.......20 odd coach loads?

Good atmosphere too.
Port Vale on 22:37 - Mar 2 with 1093 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale on 21:33 - Mar 2 by rochdaleriddler

So if we play it early and 500 turn up we get £500. If we play later and 3000 turn up we get £3000.the club have said the game will be £1, so if we play it later, and more turn up we make more money. It won't be at full price whenever it's played, I don't understand your point
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 22:02]

I would also contend that if it is played at the later date, Vale would probably be down by then, certainly going off the views of their fans.

Port Vale on 22:49 - Mar 2 with 1075 viewsdingdangblue

Port Vale on 21:53 - Mar 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Remember Plymouth a few seasons back.......20 odd coach loads?

Good atmosphere too.

They were promoted/champions and winning every week - losing every week isn't a big crowd puller usually.

Port Vale on 23:05 - Mar 2 with 1052 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale on 22:49 - Mar 2 by dingdangblue

They were promoted/champions and winning every week - losing every week isn't a big crowd puller usually.

They were battling against relegation to non-league football in the game YD is referring to.

Joe Bunney scored the winner from Scott Tanser's cross.

Port Vale on 00:52 - Mar 3 with 980 viewsdingdangblue

Port Vale on 23:05 - Mar 2 by TVOS1907

They were battling against relegation to non-league football in the game YD is referring to.

Joe Bunney scored the winner from Scott Tanser's cross.

On a Tuesday night?
I presumed he meant the game Simmo made his debut and scored that wonder goal - but we lost 1-3.
http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/graham-coughlan-remembers-rochdale-promotion/story
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 1:06]

Port Vale on 04:35 - Mar 3 with 947 viewsShun

Plymouth did indeed bring a lot. It wasn't so long ago. I'm sure it was a Saturday though.

If I remember rightly Carlisle were crowned League Two champions at Spotland on a Tuesday night and filled the away end about twelve or so years ago. However, as ddb mentions, that kind of event would attract a different level of support to a relegation battle.
Port Vale on 07:20 - Mar 3 with 896 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale on 00:52 - Mar 3 by dingdangblue

On a Tuesday night?
I presumed he meant the game Simmo made his debut and scored that wonder goal - but we lost 1-3.
http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/graham-coughlan-remembers-rochdale-promotion/story
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 1:06]

Yeah, but they didn't bring around 20 coaches that night (their following was 724), whereas they did four years ago, which is the game YD is referring to. I think he overlooked the 'Tuesday night' part.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 7:27]

Port Vale on 08:14 - Mar 3 with 844 viewsdingdangblue

Port Vale on 07:20 - Mar 3 by TVOS1907

Yeah, but they didn't bring around 20 coaches that night (their following was 724), whereas they did four years ago, which is the game YD is referring to. I think he overlooked the 'Tuesday night' part.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 7:27]

Not like a player to exaggerate

"We had filled most of the stand. There must have been 1,500 there, which for a Tuesday night in Rochdale was quite amazing.

Port Vale on 09:23 - Mar 3 with 802 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale on 08:14 - Mar 3 by dingdangblue

Not like a player to exaggerate

"We had filled most of the stand. There must have been 1,500 there, which for a Tuesday night in Rochdale was quite amazing.

He was probably getting his Plymouth games mixed up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024