Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread 21:41 - Mar 20 with 140731 views442Dale

We have 87 days for people to get their £50 deposits in to determine the price of the 2017/18 Season Tickets.

Average amount of daily sales required by 21st June to hit the targets:
2000 (£250): 23
2500 (£200): 29
3000 (£150): 35
4000 (£110): 46

Keeping a track of this really helped ramp up the interest when Hartlepool fans did it, so hopefully it'll have a similar effect. Debate the numbers here over the next week, then we can add the figures once sales commence.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:32 - Apr 3 with 3526 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:17 - Apr 3 by 442Dale

Why the face? We'd sold 350 that contributed under the old rules at the end of last week so the u11s helps a bit more but we were doing pretty well anyway.

500 after 8 days means we are at an average of 63 a day. Well above the required at the moment, and if a supporter who was thinking twice about paying £50 before now knows they can count as double by sticking down an extra tenner for a child, it'll reinvigorate sales further.

Out of curiosity only, is there anything to stop a wealthy benefactor putting £35k down for u-ll tickets to put us over the 4k mark, then just giving them away at junior schools? Do they have to be allocated to individuals at p-o-s? It rather goes against the spirit and aim of the incentive, i.e. to pack the COA to the rafters and to boost other sales to offset a potentially lower revenue from gate-money, but it could also trigger the avalanche. Anyone got £35k in their sock drawer doing nothing?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:37 - Apr 3 with 3506 viewsLS27Rdale

"agenda"---- Have the b&lls to call me out if you are not "happy", and dont hide behind snide remarks.....Some of you are like a set of 2 years olds....

Just to clarify, the agenda" remark was actually a compliment to the poster. The post didnt have the "im right-you are wrong tone"

Think a few of you need to look at yourselves, when you hide behind your keyboard,

Less of the bullying, because someone has a different view,

No wonder ive called it a "click" for years....
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:43 - Apr 3 with 3474 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:32 - Apr 3 by DaleiLama

Out of curiosity only, is there anything to stop a wealthy benefactor putting £35k down for u-ll tickets to put us over the 4k mark, then just giving them away at junior schools? Do they have to be allocated to individuals at p-o-s? It rather goes against the spirit and aim of the incentive, i.e. to pack the COA to the rafters and to boost other sales to offset a potentially lower revenue from gate-money, but it could also trigger the avalanche. Anyone got £35k in their sock drawer doing nothing?

Birth certificate required for an u11 ticket.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:45 - Apr 3 with 3461 views1907

Does this mean I could buy an under 11s ticket to donate to a local primary school for them to use as they wish, hopefully for less privileged kids?
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:48 - Apr 3 with 3455 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:45 - Apr 3 by 1907

Does this mean I could buy an under 11s ticket to donate to a local primary school for them to use as they wish, hopefully for less privileged kids?

See above! But you could buy one for a son/daughter/nephew/niece/family friend as long as there's a birth certificate.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:51 - Apr 3 with 3430 views1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:48 - Apr 3 by 442Dale

See above! But you could buy one for a son/daughter/nephew/niece/family friend as long as there's a birth certificate.

None of the above.

Might borrow my mates daughters birth certificate then.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:52 - Apr 3 with 3427 viewssouthealingdale

anyone else have problems with the rafctickets.co.uk site
i keep getting an "update Flash" message despite having latest version and trying different browsers
even get it on my mobile!

@upthedale on Twitter

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:59 - Apr 3 with 3382 viewsKenBoon

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:52 - Apr 3 by southealingdale

anyone else have problems with the rafctickets.co.uk site
i keep getting an "update Flash" message despite having latest version and trying different browsers
even get it on my mobile!

Ignore the message and it'll eventually load. It's probably because a lot of seat data is being sent back and the developers have put a flash error message to show up if it doesn't get a response in 20 seconds or so.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:07 - Apr 3 with 3339 viewssouthealingdale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:59 - Apr 3 by KenBoon

Ignore the message and it'll eventually load. It's probably because a lot of seat data is being sent back and the developers have put a flash error message to show up if it doesn't get a response in 20 seconds or so.

hopefully it means the site is busy.
will not load the seats no matter how long I wait
will have to ring up

@upthedale on Twitter

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:43 - Apr 3 with 3228 views1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:48 - Apr 3 by 442Dale

Do you have to provide the original birth certificate or is a copy sufficient? Also can you put any address on the ticket?
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:45 - Apr 3 with 3060 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:37 - Apr 3 by fermin

The comments on this thread suggest to me that Russ, Frances et al have got a hard task on their hands getting anywhere near 4000 let alone emulating Hartlepool unless they do have something up their sleeve.

If people (either those on here or known to people on here) who are interested enough in Dale to come to games occasionally do not want to or do not feel able to put down a deposit in the hope that others follow their example, then getting the even less committed will be almost impossible. Essential to get forms and information out to those attending tomorrow. A good performance and result from the team might also help persuade the waverers.

I hesitate to mention it given the stick Tonyroch got on here from some quarters, but I am also in the fortunate enough position to be able to buy more than one (2 at £200 for example would not be much more than I paid for one this season). It would not help boost attendances but it is something I would consider if we were struggling to meet one of the milestones.

I think 2500 would not be a bad result, but fingers crossed that my pessimism is misplaced and we get more.

The 'stick' tonyroch got from some quarters (that'd be me) was due to his completely erroneous assumption that I was denigrating altruism - and chose to use that mistake to compose a semi-politicised rant

My point was quite clear, that altruism alone won't get us to the 4000, and the club shouldn't rely on it, but rather continue with further marketing - great to see today's announcement btw

Is that clear enough for everyone? I think most people got it the first time I corrected it

[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 20:48]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:39 - Apr 3 with 2954 viewsMoonyDale

Does anyone know if there is a lower age limit for the under 11s season tickets? The newest member of the Dale family was sprogged at 3:15 this afternoon when my Daughter parted with a little lad.....As soon as he's registered later this week I shall grab him a season ticket if allowed.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:55 - Apr 3 with 2907 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:39 - Apr 3 by MoonyDale

Does anyone know if there is a lower age limit for the under 11s season tickets? The newest member of the Dale family was sprogged at 3:15 this afternoon when my Daughter parted with a little lad.....As soon as he's registered later this week I shall grab him a season ticket if allowed.......

It's not inconceivable he may get a game in defence before the season's over MD!

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:04 - Apr 3 with 2801 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:32 - Apr 3 by DaleiLama

I know you are joking but could this become a problem now? There may be people who buy extra kids tickets just to try and get over the 4000 mark but never intend taking that child to the games - we could just end up with lots of empty seats and everyone having paid £110. I have a few friends with young girls who they don't take to the football because they are just not interested. They could easily buy 2 under 11 tickets for £20 and those seats are empty all season. It's a tricky one. Obviously it's been announced with good intentions but we want seats still available for genuine adults purchasing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:20 - Apr 3 with 2772 views100notout

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:04 - Apr 3 by dingdangblue

I know you are joking but could this become a problem now? There may be people who buy extra kids tickets just to try and get over the 4000 mark but never intend taking that child to the games - we could just end up with lots of empty seats and everyone having paid £110. I have a few friends with young girls who they don't take to the football because they are just not interested. They could easily buy 2 under 11 tickets for £20 and those seats are empty all season. It's a tricky one. Obviously it's been announced with good intentions but we want seats still available for genuine adults purchasing.

U11 season tickets do not count towards the 4000 target

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:30 - Apr 3 with 2760 views_dezzy

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:20 - Apr 3 by 100notout

Yes they do. Look on the previous page

KHBA

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:30 - Apr 3 with 2760 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:20 - Apr 3 by 100notout

They do now!

SEASON TICKETS: There have been a lot of Qs around the countable & the non-countable totals. To avoid confusion, 11&Us will now count .
[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 23:32]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:44 - Apr 3 with 2736 viewsShun

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:30 - Apr 3 by southealingdale

Great initiative and the marketing on social media is great but that is preaching to the converted. The club needs to market this offer offline to get to the target.

Get businesses on board. Get down to the Wheatsheaf every week etc. etc.

Let's be clear. This will not fail. It will not be allowed to. The club need it to succeed and have the funds (post Hogan sell on) to bankroll it.

I do not think they will have to.

The lessons Russ learned at Hartlepool will be put into play.

I fully expect 4000 + sales.

I live in London and have supported Dale for 40 years and have never had a season ticket.
I will be getting 3 - 1 adult and 2 under 11s.

I don't promise to be at every game but I will be there more next season.

The evolvement of the club in then last 10 years or so has been nothing short of sensational. They deserve all the support they can get.

Amazing stuff going on at the club - http://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/7742/how-rochdales-academy-is-upstaging-t

Sorry to detract from the main topic of this thread, but that's a really intriguing article. Particularly this segment:

'Which begs an obvious question. If Hill is lured away, as he was in 2011, will the production line simply grind to a halt?

On this point, the club is united. If Hill does pack his bags, even a CV from Pep Guardiola will be fed through the shredder. The next Rochdale manager will come from within, a fact already discussed with the club’s coaching staff.'
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 00:30 - Apr 4 with 2697 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:04 - Apr 3 by dingdangblue

There'll be more than enough capacity in the ground for this eventuality, but if "prime" seats are taken up it could be a problem. You'd like to think that if someone is buying a "spare" it would be a bottom row or corner flag seat. But if a fella goes and buys an adult seat where he normally sits and a child seat in another part of the ground, it will look a little odd?
I get the reason for the sliding scale and I can see the benefits, but as this process evolves, there are also potential drawbacks rearing their ugly heads.
Maybe this "threat" might smoke a few more sales out? It's turning out to be nearly as involved as Brexit this!

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 08:53 - Apr 4 with 2583 views100notout

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:30 - Apr 3 by dingdangblue

They do now!

SEASON TICKETS: There have been a lot of Qs around the countable & the non-countable totals. To avoid confusion, 11&Us will now count .
[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 23:32]

Thanks DDB - hadn't seen that.

In that case I think we will easily pass the 3000 ticket mark and that should provide assurance to anyone understandably nervous about paying a (currently) non-refundable £50 deposit that the most you will pay is £150 which really is a bargain. If we can get to 4000 and reduce it further to £110 then even better.

Come on folks - download the form today and bring it with you tonight with £50.

Up the Dale.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:01 - Apr 4 with 2512 viewsAtThePeake

Congrats Moony - love that. Dale from the very start!

Tangled up in blue.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:43 - Apr 4 with 2202 viewsDorislove

No there isnt ,my 5 week old grandson has a seat in the mainstand as of today.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:46 - Apr 4 with 2090 viewsMoonyDale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:01 - Apr 4 by AtThePeake

Congrats Moony - love that. Dale from the very start!

Cheers ATP, season ticket by weekend methinks....

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:47 - Apr 4 with 2080 viewsMoonyDale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:43 - Apr 4 by Dorislove

No there isnt ,my 5 week old grandson has a seat in the mainstand as of today.

Brilliant news, more Dale young uns for the future....

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:57 - Apr 5 with 1726 viewsDaleiLama

So, 3536 Daleys + neutrals out of a crowd of 4387.

It was midweek.
Utd were on the telly.
But it was also a pound. That's a pro-rata price of £23/season.
Some of those who went for a look-see won't come back either.

We're going to have to sell plenty of STs to businesses and u-11s to make 4k based on those numbers?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2017 10:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024