Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread 21:41 - Mar 20 with 141786 views442Dale

We have 87 days for people to get their £50 deposits in to determine the price of the 2017/18 Season Tickets.

Average amount of daily sales required by 21st June to hit the targets:
2000 (£250): 23
2500 (£200): 29
3000 (£150): 35
4000 (£110): 46

Keeping a track of this really helped ramp up the interest when Hartlepool fans did it, so hopefully it'll have a similar effect. Debate the numbers here over the next week, then we can add the figures once sales commence.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:30 - May 3 with 7181 viewsJimlidale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:43 - May 2 by TVOS1907

Until the season starts, I imagine.

By my reckoning if price stays at £250 the £200 balance works out at around £2 a day to put by between now and the start of the season, less than a pint, coffee packet of death sticks etc etc.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:43 - May 3 with 7073 viewsDaley_Lama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:12 - May 2 by CanaDale

Isn't that what Hartlepool did, offer a maximum price of £150, and sales skyrocketed afterwards.

Yep, but i think they did that at around the 2.5K mark.

Think an interim push will be needed to get to that mark myself.

It's like price drop tv

Poll: DF in or out

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:49 - May 4 with 6547 viewssouthealingdale

Feels like momentum is dropping. Hope the club have something up their sleeve. Bought 3 today.

@upthedale on Twitter

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:44 - May 6 with 6068 viewszacharybvintage

Paid my deposit today.

Zac Bearshaw
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:28 - May 6 with 5834 views442Dale

The updates have become a bit sporadic again and it's been illustrated that hitting the next 100 or 50 mark has helped maintain interest. Even letting us know 1500 has almost been reached will help create momentum, however small/large that momentum may be.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:23 - May 7 with 5490 viewsDannyG_RAFC

How well are Sales Actually Going ?
It Was 1350 Last week So Where Are We Now
1500 ? More ? Less ?
As We're Now 6 Week in With 6 Week Left I Thought Sales Would be Around 2000. Hoping to Shift 3000 But Not Sure We'll Get There.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:56 - May 8 with 5132 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:23 - May 7 by DannyG_RAFC

How well are Sales Actually Going ?
It Was 1350 Last week So Where Are We Now
1500 ? More ? Less ?
As We're Now 6 Week in With 6 Week Left I Thought Sales Would be Around 2000. Hoping to Shift 3000 But Not Sure We'll Get There.

Less ............ and underwhelming under the circs?

Seat reservations have been lifted and even including u11s in the deposit total for this year, we are well short of last years half ST + ST total.

Seems like folk are either waiting for the second movement of the pricing goal posts or the last minute to part with their cash?

Process seems more like glaciation than the snowball effect at present.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:52 - May 8 with 5081 viewsdawlishdale

At the awards event, I overheard someone from the club saying that several hundred Season tickets were "freebies" last year.

They hinted that the "real" number of full price season tickets sold was nearer to 1000 than the numbers reported by the Board. Add to this the £100 1/2 season tickets and the freebies, and you are around the figure reported by the Board.

This does make some sense... we appear to have stalled somewhat at around 1300 or so.

Those who didn't pay anything will not be keen on forking out anything next season. Some of the £100 tickets were given as gifts etc, and won't all be renewed.

On the flip side, I spoke to quite a few who would not buy last year due to the price rise (myself included) who have put down a deposit.

I'm hoping that the Kids ticket sales will start to pick up from now on which should boost numbers, if not revenue for the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:15 - May 8 with 4937 viewsKenBoon

Clubs like Hartlepool and Bratfut have very high gate prices. So if the club announce an pay-at-the-gate price of £25 i'd expect more people to buy... but not at £250.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:59 - May 10 with 4300 viewsDaley_Lama

1500 landmark reached

Poll: DF in or out

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:19 - May 10 with 4292 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:59 - May 10 by Daley_Lama

1500 landmark reached

Well done folks! Nearly halfway!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:34 - May 10 with 4268 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:19 - May 10 by dingdangblue

Well done folks! Nearly halfway!!

1500 in 45 days, still a decent average of 33 a day.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:06 - May 10 with 4151 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:34 - May 10 by 442Dale

1500 in 45 days, still a decent average of 33 a day.

I suppose if you want to be a bit more precise and gauge sales since 2nd May (1350) and now (1500) it's working out at 18 per day. 41 more days at a similar rate will see us sell another 738 and will take us up near the 2500 mark. Hopefully the club will announce a price drop at 2000 instead of the original figure? Obviously there's no chance of the 4000 being done at the current rate.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:47 - May 10 with 3989 viewsMoonyDale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:06 - May 10 by dingdangblue

I suppose if you want to be a bit more precise and gauge sales since 2nd May (1350) and now (1500) it's working out at 18 per day. 41 more days at a similar rate will see us sell another 738 and will take us up near the 2500 mark. Hopefully the club will announce a price drop at 2000 instead of the original figure? Obviously there's no chance of the 4000 being done at the current rate.

Do we know yet what the pay on the gate prices are going to be next season? Will the club hike them up in the hope some more jump on the season ticket bandwagon?.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:20 - May 10 with 3874 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:47 - May 10 by MoonyDale

Do we know yet what the pay on the gate prices are going to be next season? Will the club hike them up in the hope some more jump on the season ticket bandwagon?.....

£22 and £20 to sit and have a decent view of the game is steep enough - putting the prices up isn't a good idea - in my opinion anyway. Even if the season ticket price stayed at £250 (which I don't think it will) it's roughly half the price of pay on the day - which is a fantastic saving.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:16 - May 11 with 3621 viewsKenBoon

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:20 - May 10 by dingdangblue

£22 and £20 to sit and have a decent view of the game is steep enough - putting the prices up isn't a good idea - in my opinion anyway. Even if the season ticket price stayed at £250 (which I don't think it will) it's roughly half the price of pay on the day - which is a fantastic saving.

History shows these clubs that do cheap deals do hike individual ticket prices. I remember being pissed off at paying £25 to get into Hartlepool. I suppose the thinking is ripping off the away fans and trying to push season ticket sales.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:44 - May 11 with 3399 viewsCanaDale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:20 - May 10 by dingdangblue

I wouldn't be shocked to see it increase, to cover some of the season ticket "losses" even if we get up to 2000 st and above
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:10 - May 11 with 3367 viewspioneer

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:44 - May 11 by CanaDale

I wouldn't be shocked to see it increase, to cover some of the season ticket "losses" even if we get up to 2000 st and above

I agree with DDB - it would be a mistake to increase prices at the gate on the basis of expecting casual fans to further subsidise season ticket holders. The last thing we want to do is alienate any casual fans - they are still contributing important funds and are potential future season ticket holders.

Its supposed to be Team Rochdale, not season ticket holder rochdale
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:15 - May 11 with 3361 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:10 - May 11 by pioneer

I agree with DDB - it would be a mistake to increase prices at the gate on the basis of expecting casual fans to further subsidise season ticket holders. The last thing we want to do is alienate any casual fans - they are still contributing important funds and are potential future season ticket holders.

Its supposed to be Team Rochdale, not season ticket holder rochdale

Agree with both of you, it'd be another completely avoidable blunder to raise pay-at-the-gate prices

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:30 - May 12 with 2868 viewsboromat

Also agree but if they do put them up the bigger mistake would be not announcing them now while the season ticket offer is in 'full' swing.

Also if they put up pay on the day tickets hopefully they'll at least introduce family tickets and the like.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:09 - May 13 with 2614 viewskiwidale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:15 - May 11 by D_Alien

Agree with both of you, it'd be another completely avoidable blunder to raise pay-at-the-gate prices

I think the reason match day prices will increase to say 25 pound is so that away fans can be charged accordingly ie the club cant price away fans more than home fans. Its unfortunate for the floating home fan but makes sound business sense.

This is not the time for bickering.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:39 - May 13 with 2590 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:09 - May 13 by kiwidale

I think the reason match day prices will increase to say 25 pound is so that away fans can be charged accordingly ie the club cant price away fans more than home fans. Its unfortunate for the floating home fan but makes sound business sense.

Away fans are football fans. We charge £22 at present, there is no reason to raise this, new initiative or not.

A lot of the excellent publicity and well deserved plaudits for this have mentioned how Dale are trying to make football more affordable for supporters. This can't then be contradicted by making it less affordable for those who travel to support the away team.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 17:58]

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:07 - May 13 with 2553 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:39 - May 13 by 442Dale

Away fans are football fans. We charge £22 at present, there is no reason to raise this, new initiative or not.

A lot of the excellent publicity and well deserved plaudits for this have mentioned how Dale are trying to make football more affordable for supporters. This can't then be contradicted by making it less affordable for those who travel to support the away team.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 17:58]

Precisely. It doesn't make good business sense and would result in a loss of income from both away fans and floating home fans; but more importantly, a loss of goodwill that the club simply can't afford

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:10 - May 13 with 2444 viewsrochedale

I just hope we sell more than Bury! 😀

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:11 - May 16 with 1734 viewssouthealingdale

the club need to give regular updates on sales
if we don't get to 2500 (£200) I can see people letting their deposits go.
minimum target has to be 2500.
momentum ebbing away - just over a month left

@upthedale on Twitter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024