Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread 21:41 - Mar 20 with 141736 views442Dale

We have 87 days for people to get their £50 deposits in to determine the price of the 2017/18 Season Tickets.

Average amount of daily sales required by 21st June to hit the targets:
2000 (£250): 23
2500 (£200): 29
3000 (£150): 35
4000 (£110): 46

Keeping a track of this really helped ramp up the interest when Hartlepool fans did it, so hopefully it'll have a similar effect. Debate the numbers here over the next week, then we can add the figures once sales commence.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:04 - May 16 with 2701 viewsDaleiLama

My initial thought was that this should have been a flat £110 offer and sell 'em like hot cakes. After hearing the arguments for/against, I was persuaded by the notion that the momentum of numbers swelling throughout the sale period and the buzz created would be the best free publicity the club could get.

The flip side of that is where we appear to be at now - as much buzz as a dying bee and the prospect of the initiative falling flat on its face. The underwhelming response to date suggests that a serious boost to sales is needed and the goal posts are surely ready for their second relocation?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:04 - May 16 with 2701 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:11 - May 16 by southealingdale

the club need to give regular updates on sales
if we don't get to 2500 (£200) I can see people letting their deposits go.
minimum target has to be 2500.
momentum ebbing away - just over a month left

It's baffling why there isn't a more regular update. Even if it's a bad day, it could spur people to push it further.

Totally understand the need to focus on targets/milestones and promote those, but when we aren't actually reaching them straight away there is a need to illustrate how things are going.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:10 - May 16 with 2626 viewsnordenblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:04 - May 16 by DaleiLama

My initial thought was that this should have been a flat £110 offer and sell 'em like hot cakes. After hearing the arguments for/against, I was persuaded by the notion that the momentum of numbers swelling throughout the sale period and the buzz created would be the best free publicity the club could get.

The flip side of that is where we appear to be at now - as much buzz as a dying bee and the prospect of the initiative falling flat on its face. The underwhelming response to date suggests that a serious boost to sales is needed and the goal posts are surely ready for their second relocation?

It was always destined to fall flat on its face tbf,as said previously personally I attend quite a few games anyway but still don't fancy stumping up till I know how much a products going to cost,someone less bothered will certainly be less prepared to gamble.

Had the club reduced the gamble from the start to the potential fan like the idea by R17 suggested and offered your deposit as maybe free tickets if the price went to high for you personally,that's another way to push sales on.

It was a brilliant idea put forward woefully,now the goal posts will no doubt have to move yet again due to poor sales
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:14 - May 16 with 2623 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:04 - May 16 by 442Dale

It's baffling why there isn't a more regular update. Even if it's a bad day, it could spur people to push it further.

Totally understand the need to focus on targets/milestones and promote those, but when we aren't actually reaching them straight away there is a need to illustrate how things are going.

The two things should, of course, remain entirely unconnected but I can't help wondering if there's a kind of bunker mentality within the club following the recent employment gaffe

It really won't have gone down well with the board that wrong decisions were overturned only after pressure from the fanbase, and the personnel involved may well wish to 'lie low' for a while

Or, they could just be on holiday * and have a plan in place to redouble their efforts once we're into June

* on a lilo
[Post edited 16 May 2017 14:17]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:24 - May 16 with 2555 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:10 - May 16 by nordenblue

It was always destined to fall flat on its face tbf,as said previously personally I attend quite a few games anyway but still don't fancy stumping up till I know how much a products going to cost,someone less bothered will certainly be less prepared to gamble.

Had the club reduced the gamble from the start to the potential fan like the idea by R17 suggested and offered your deposit as maybe free tickets if the price went to high for you personally,that's another way to push sales on.

It was a brilliant idea put forward woefully,now the goal posts will no doubt have to move yet again due to poor sales

I get what you are saying. I'm in the same position as you, but I took the gamble. The most disappointing thing for me in all this is the take-up last time Russ did this (with a similar sized ST base regardless of location) versus the apparent take-up so far here.

Time to release the Kraken!

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:04 - May 16 with 2516 viewssouthealingdale

I agree disappointing take up compared to what Russ did with Hartlepool.
Still time to sell more but the club need to get on the case and inspire potential purchasers.
Maybe a few signed up at the Birthday do on Monday.
Can't help but feel that what should have been a positive will in the end turn into a negative if the promotion of the offer isn't managed well in the remaining time.

How many businesses have come on board I wonder.

@upthedale on Twitter

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:32 - May 16 with 2471 viewspioneer

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:10 - May 16 by nordenblue

I agree - does anyone know what the plan was at Hartlepool for deposits paid if the target wasnt reached. I realise in their case the target was reached but they must have said something about deposits in the event they didnt reach the target and folks didnt want to stump up the higher price.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:39 - May 16 with 2463 viewsleedsdale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:14 - May 16 by D_Alien

The two things should, of course, remain entirely unconnected but I can't help wondering if there's a kind of bunker mentality within the club following the recent employment gaffe

It really won't have gone down well with the board that wrong decisions were overturned only after pressure from the fanbase, and the personnel involved may well wish to 'lie low' for a while

Or, they could just be on holiday * and have a plan in place to redouble their efforts once we're into June

* on a lilo
[Post edited 16 May 2017 14:17]

They've been so busy pushing the fundraising for the big screen they must have taken their eye off the season ticket promotion.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:55 - May 16 with 2437 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:32 - May 16 by pioneer

I agree - does anyone know what the plan was at Hartlepool for deposits paid if the target wasnt reached. I realise in their case the target was reached but they must have said something about deposits in the event they didnt reach the target and folks didnt want to stump up the higher price.

I have a feeling it wasn't reached, but it wasn't too far away from the lowest band and when they lifted the restriction they sold 1500 tickets quite quickly. But that's from memory.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:51 - May 16 with 2277 viewsboromat

Where are the 17,000 that went to Wembley? We only need 4,000! Haha

I think it's a real shame if it continues as it is it'll be an I told you so from the directors. There isn't the potential out there for a club like ours. And this is why we have the model of developing and selling players. Think we need to come up with some more alternative ways of making money maybe we could sell some car parking spaces?

On a serious note I still like the idea of increasing the size of the Sandy. It's the cheapest match day ticket we have and that's obviously a big factor so let's double the size of it and take a couple of quid of the match day price.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:53 - May 16 with 2271 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:55 - May 16 by DaleiLama

I have a feeling it wasn't reached, but it wasn't too far away from the lowest band and when they lifted the restriction they sold 1500 tickets quite quickly. But that's from memory.

Here's the Hartlepool totaliser thread again.

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9969&

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:55 - May 16 with 2269 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:32 - May 16 by pioneer

The deposits are non-refundable, whatever the price. This was made clear from the outset.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:54 - May 16 with 2192 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:53 - May 16 by dingdangblue

Here's the Hartlepool totaliser thread again.

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9969&

Thanks DDB. Went through the last 10 pages and sales went from 170ish towards the end to 500+/day.

Seems like the key trigger to get over the tipping point was to announce a £150/cap and to have a well publicised cut-off date.

Oh, and fetish bob too. Every club should have a fetish bob.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:26 - May 16 with 2116 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:54 - May 16 by DaleiLama

Thanks DDB. Went through the last 10 pages and sales went from 170ish towards the end to 500+/day.

Seems like the key trigger to get over the tipping point was to announce a £150/cap and to have a well publicised cut-off date.

Oh, and fetish bob too. Every club should have a fetish bob.

They'd sold 1500 by day 17!!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 05:44 - May 17 with 2014 viewssouthealingdale

Looks like Hartlepool ran their campaign over 56 days rather than the 87 days that we are doing.
Easier to maintain momentum over a shorter period and easier to increase sales when momentum is rolling.

Surely the club is on the case and working out their next tactic as stagnation is worst case scenario.

@upthedale on Twitter

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 08:39 - May 17 with 1944 viewsdawlishdale

Quite worrying that things appear to be suffering from the good old Rochdale AFC lack of effort following a good idea and start.

Initially, this was a brilliant idea and was well recieved by fans. However, its becoming quite clear that not enough resource has so far been given to pushing the scheme to non regular attendees.

Surely the Board must have a workable budget available to encourage new fans to buy a ticket? The take up from regular supporters has been good...its new fans we have to work harder for.

I too would love to know how many of the businesses who support us/advertise in the ground or programme have been approached by Frances and her department. Why not report on any business incentives via the OS?

Few updates regarding the kids uptake either. Its lazy. There should be picture updates from schools every week...even a league table of which schools are doing the best in terms of ticket sales, with meet the players and other incentives.

I hope we can push on and increase numbers in the last month, because i fear that those who cocked last years price increase up from the club will be quietly pleased if it fails, and that;in a nutshell, will be a disaster.

Apart from the initial poster campaign, which ran for about 2 weeks, but was difficult to read much detail on from a moving car, and the RRG offer, what other things gave been done to attract new fans?
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:34 - May 17 with 1890 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 08:39 - May 17 by dawlishdale

Quite worrying that things appear to be suffering from the good old Rochdale AFC lack of effort following a good idea and start.

Initially, this was a brilliant idea and was well recieved by fans. However, its becoming quite clear that not enough resource has so far been given to pushing the scheme to non regular attendees.

Surely the Board must have a workable budget available to encourage new fans to buy a ticket? The take up from regular supporters has been good...its new fans we have to work harder for.

I too would love to know how many of the businesses who support us/advertise in the ground or programme have been approached by Frances and her department. Why not report on any business incentives via the OS?

Few updates regarding the kids uptake either. Its lazy. There should be picture updates from schools every week...even a league table of which schools are doing the best in terms of ticket sales, with meet the players and other incentives.

I hope we can push on and increase numbers in the last month, because i fear that those who cocked last years price increase up from the club will be quietly pleased if it fails, and that;in a nutshell, will be a disaster.

Apart from the initial poster campaign, which ran for about 2 weeks, but was difficult to read much detail on from a moving car, and the RRG offer, what other things gave been done to attract new fans?

They could have also made a big poster and added a totaliser on the outside wall of the Sandy end - cricket scoreboard style numbers updated everyday - so everyone who drives past knows exactly where we're at. Maybe even take 5 random pictures/day of ST purchasers and have their mugshots up each day on the website and the Sandy. It would create a talking point to raise awareness and keep momentum positive.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 9:38]

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:43 - May 17 with 1875 viewssouthealingdale

why not do a day a week where players are in the ticket office and fans who buy can get autographs etc...
also they should sort out the shoddy tickets website that doesn't work in some browsers.

momentum was there at the start - either they have lost sight of the objective and the need for regular promotion to new fans or they have some plans up their sleeve.

Time will tell.

I am convinced that there are enough interested people to spend £110 each to hit the 4000 mark. They need to be marketed to consistently.

Great product, great value. Promote, promote, promote and promote again.

It is all about the marketing.

@upthedale on Twitter

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:55 - May 17 with 1808 viewspioneer

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:55 - May 16 by TVOS1907

The deposits are non-refundable, whatever the price. This was made clear from the outset.

I realise that and wonder if that is a major barrier to greater sales...so I was interested in whether Hartlepools had the same punitve approach to deposits should their target not have been reached and those who had paid deposits not wanted to pay the higher price.

Anyway, as I said previously I expect that will have put folks off having to lay out 50 quid upfront and well ahead of time not knowing what the final price will be and knowing that the deposit will be lost if they choose not to take up the ticket once the final price is known. I suspect the legality of effectively confiscating the deposit for anyone who doesnt agree to pay the final price is in question. That would not be the case if they had simply said in the event the 110 quid target is not reached the purchaser has the option of either using it against the higher priced season ticket or converting the deposit into 50 quids worth of vouchers for purchases of game tickets.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:20 - May 17 with 1771 viewsKenBoon

The collapse in sales is depressing but hardly surprising. When we offered entry to a game for £1 we got about 1000 extra fans through the gate.

The damage isn't being done now. It was done about 10 years ago when "no fear" was in full swing, we were good and playing entertaining football and most importantly, social media was taking off. It was a chance to bury the old Rochdale stereotype of being shit, but it was ignored in favour of a Spotty the Dalematian (Anyone seen him btw?) and other rubbish. The little old shitty underachieving Rochdale AFC tag remains - despite us being anything but for about 20 years - and fan numbers haven't increased. Perhaps they have even gone down?
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:03 - May 17 with 1717 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:20 - May 17 by KenBoon

The collapse in sales is depressing but hardly surprising. When we offered entry to a game for £1 we got about 1000 extra fans through the gate.

The damage isn't being done now. It was done about 10 years ago when "no fear" was in full swing, we were good and playing entertaining football and most importantly, social media was taking off. It was a chance to bury the old Rochdale stereotype of being shit, but it was ignored in favour of a Spotty the Dalematian (Anyone seen him btw?) and other rubbish. The little old shitty underachieving Rochdale AFC tag remains - despite us being anything but for about 20 years - and fan numbers haven't increased. Perhaps they have even gone down?

Your point about what should've happened ten years ago will have a lot of heads nodding in sad agreement

It's the "replacement factor" - where dads taking kids led to a constantly renewed fanbase for those shuffling off the mortal coil - that's been lost with so many alternatives to football on a Saturday afternoon

With free junior tickets, the point has been made in another post about competitive marketing to schools. What is strange is how the same person responsible for the Hartlepool initiative seems to be struggling with the oxygen of publicity this time around

I really hate to say this, but the point I've made previously about other recent events must, imo, be having some effect - and it shouldn't be

[Post edited 17 May 2017 12:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:11 - May 17 with 1702 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:20 - May 17 by KenBoon

Tbf, the £1 was a Tuesday night and a school night.

My gut feeling is that at £110, we really ought to sell 4k at least. The break even at 5 games in the Main, 6 in the TD and 7 in the Sandy ought to appeal to anyone even remotely interested in football and living in the town.

Out of curiosity, I went back to check on the Stoke crowd. 7443. I suppose on that basis, my optimism may be unfounded?

Edit. Also tbf, the Stoke game was a Monday night.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 12:22]

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:13 - May 17 with 1629 viewsDaleiLama

Tbf to the club, they do keep drip-feeding info on business sign-ups by Twitter.

It would also be great to have a list of those businesses that do so, on the basis that Dale fans could reciprocate if they need any of the services offered by supporting businesses in the future. Make it all joined up. One team, one town wasn't it?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:46 - May 17 with 1529 viewsShun

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 08:39 - May 17 by dawlishdale

A league table of which schools have taken up the offer most is a great idea.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:50 - May 17 with 1522 views442Dale

There's a reply to a fan asking how many have been sold on Twitter. Nothing specific ("over 1500") and then mention is made that the next target is 2500.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024