Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread 21:41 - Mar 20 with 142281 views442Dale

We have 87 days for people to get their £50 deposits in to determine the price of the 2017/18 Season Tickets.

Average amount of daily sales required by 21st June to hit the targets:
2000 (£250): 23
2500 (£200): 29
3000 (£150): 35
4000 (£110): 46

Keeping a track of this really helped ramp up the interest when Hartlepool fans did it, so hopefully it'll have a similar effect. Debate the numbers here over the next week, then we can add the figures once sales commence.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:52 - Mar 28 with 3447 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:25 - Mar 28 by Knowlesy

Just ordered mine over the phone as still can't get the website to work (even with KenBoon's input, thanks anyway!) and it was very straightforward.

I've had season tickets in the past a few years ago and got a 1/2 one this season so I just told them my name, told them I wanted the same seat, handed over my card details and said cheers bye.

That sounds much less painful than SL's experience, but did you have to hand over £2.50 for the privelege?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:06 - Mar 28 with 3398 viewsSuddenLad

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:52 - Mar 28 by DaleiLama

That sounds much less painful than SL's experience, but did you have to hand over £2.50 for the privelege?

On the other hand, his was a single, adult transaction, done remotely.

Mine involved 'age groups', and all other attendees seemed to be filling in the same form, regardless of the classification of applicant.

Perhaps applying on-line is the best way of applying/renewing, but the £2.50, if applicable could be a bugbear.

Potentially, per application, that would have set me back an extra total of £10.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:14 - Mar 28 with 3364 viewsKnowlesy

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:06 - Mar 28 by SuddenLad

On the other hand, his was a single, adult transaction, done remotely.

Mine involved 'age groups', and all other attendees seemed to be filling in the same form, regardless of the classification of applicant.

Perhaps applying on-line is the best way of applying/renewing, but the £2.50, if applicable could be a bugbear.

Potentially, per application, that would have set me back an extra total of £10.

Sounds to me like it's easier doing it over the phone or online.

Yes I had to pay £2.50 but, to be honest, call me a prima donna but I'd rather ring up and pay £2.50 than go well out of my way to the club to pay in person. Obviously on a matchday I'm there anyway so it's not out of my way, but also on a matchday the queues tend to be obscene.

I prefer to pay £2.50 for the convenience, not that big an issue personally to be honest, and in context you're shelling out potentially £250 on a season ticket - it's only 1%. It's the same when I go to a supermarket, I'm not one of these people who will struggle carrying everything in my arms, bananas sticking out of my pockets, I'll just pay 5p for a carrier bag.

Edit: I understand that if you're getting 4 tickets that's £10 which is a lot of more of an issue.. but alternatively.. take that bit out of their pocket money!!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 12:17]
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:29 - Mar 28 with 3307 viewsSuddenLad

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:14 - Mar 28 by Knowlesy

Sounds to me like it's easier doing it over the phone or online.

Yes I had to pay £2.50 but, to be honest, call me a prima donna but I'd rather ring up and pay £2.50 than go well out of my way to the club to pay in person. Obviously on a matchday I'm there anyway so it's not out of my way, but also on a matchday the queues tend to be obscene.

I prefer to pay £2.50 for the convenience, not that big an issue personally to be honest, and in context you're shelling out potentially £250 on a season ticket - it's only 1%. It's the same when I go to a supermarket, I'm not one of these people who will struggle carrying everything in my arms, bananas sticking out of my pockets, I'll just pay 5p for a carrier bag.

Edit: I understand that if you're getting 4 tickets that's £10 which is a lot of more of an issue.. but alternatively.. take that bit out of their pocket money!!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 12:17]

Ha ha ha. Big Bad Grandad, nicking my pocket money As if I'd get away with that !!

In your situation, it makes perfect sense to buy on-line and for many that will understandably be the preferred option. Personally, it needed a visit to the office to buy, to show relevant paperwork, which is perfectly OK by me.

In the case of a single renewal, on-line is the obvious choice. If people aren't bothered by the £2.50 charge, that's fine. Can't say I'm bothered by it, but for multiple transactions it isn't so favourable.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:40 - Mar 28 with 3255 viewscrazyhorse

I just got ordered a season ticket online for the first time in 15 years.

Ordering online, I'm going to be sat in the main stand and there's only a few seats at the bottom near in the 2 central blocks now. They must be selling well.

Now games are affordable I'm glad to be back and.... online you can bang it on the cards too which is even more of a bonus for me.

Upthedale and roll on next season!
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:40 - Mar 28 with 3253 views442Dale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/season-ticket-deposits-tic

Late opening on Friday until 6pm.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:43 - Mar 28 with 3240 viewsboromat

Are we certain it's £2.50 charge per ticket and not per transaction?

I only ever buy the single ticket but I presumed it was a fixed £2.50 no matter how many tickets you purchased at once. That's how most ticket sites work. Occasionally there is a £1 fee per ticket and then a £2.50 charge per transaction but £2.50 per ticket seems excessive.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:53 - Mar 28 with 3193 viewsSuddenLad

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:43 - Mar 28 by boromat

Are we certain it's £2.50 charge per ticket and not per transaction?

I only ever buy the single ticket but I presumed it was a fixed £2.50 no matter how many tickets you purchased at once. That's how most ticket sites work. Occasionally there is a £1 fee per ticket and then a £2.50 charge per transaction but £2.50 per ticket seems excessive.

Have to confess boromat, I'm not sure. From my experience, theatre tickets are usually levied 'per ticket' but I haven't used the Dale site.

No doubt someone will advise you/us in due course....

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:57 - Mar 28 with 3164 views1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:40 - Mar 28 by 442Dale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/season-ticket-deposits-tic

Late opening on Friday until 6pm.

Please can everyone be aware that you can only buy season ticket deposits until 1PM on Saturday according to this article.

I don't want to come on here and read people complaining because they haven't read this prior to arriving at the game.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:59 - Mar 28 with 3159 viewsKenBoon

It is a £2.50 booking fee, so it's per ticket.
It shouldn't exist on season ticket purchases, regardless of if the online ticketing provider take 5%. The club should be encouraging online sales rather than making them less attractive.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:33 - Mar 28 with 3045 viewsD_Alien

Just a couple of points regarding the discussion so far:

With SL having to redo several application forms, if this info is stored electronically why can't they just bring it up on screen and ask if any details have been changed? And why are those who apply online/via phone not required to do the same? Or to rephrase, why was SL asked for this info when others weren't? New applicants are obviously a different matter, but it doesn't look like "joined up thinking"

On the number of adult tickets sold - supposing the figure was 3500. Comments have been made about "having a bigger crowd" for home games and I'm sure that'd be true but the figure won't always be at that level since many will be buying and only attending a certain number of games. Obviously, the hope is that they'd attend more anyway since each additional match above the standard cost of entry would in effect be free, but there will be lots of other factors coming into play. Also, the figures being monitored are for adult STs and I suppose the numbers of junior tickets will also be a significant factor in overall attendance figures. I hope the club don't simply add the number of pay-at-the-gate customers on top of the ST sales figure and give out false attendance figures like some clubs appear to do!

[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 13:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:52 - Mar 28 with 2977 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:05 - Mar 27 by D_Alien

The results between now and the end of the season will, imo, have a massive impact on ST sales

That's why the current focus should be trying to maximise each result. I wasn't at Chesterfield but having them on the ropes at half time but failing to take advantage (for whatever reason) is, again imo, wrong-headed

The impact of the 2-7 win at Stockport 10 years ago was transformational. People started to believe. Turning 0-3 into 0-5 or 1-6 would really make people sit up and take notice

Chances are, we'll probably miss out on the playoffs* but making the biggest possible impact in games, particularly the Northampton/Port Vale fixtures is paramount, hence my Momentum thread

* would hate to do so on goal difference

[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 21:07]

i can see us missing out v narrowly, which makes the silly team selections, and avoidable gaffes so very frustrating! im keeping the faith though

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:57 - Mar 28 with 2950 viewsSuddenLad

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:33 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

With SL having to redo several application forms, if this info is stored electronically why can't they just bring it up on screen and ask if any details have been changed? And why are those who apply online/via phone not required to do the same? Or to rephrase, why was SL asked for this info when others weren't? New applicants are obviously a different matter, but it doesn't look like "joined up thinking"

On the number of adult tickets sold - supposing the figure was 3500. Comments have been made about "having a bigger crowd" for home games and I'm sure that'd be true but the figure won't always be at that level since many will be buying and only attending a certain number of games. Obviously, the hope is that they'd attend more anyway since each additional match above the standard cost of entry would in effect be free, but there will be lots of other factors coming into play. Also, the figures being monitored are for adult STs and I suppose the numbers of junior tickets will also be a significant factor in overall attendance figures. I hope the club don't simply add the number of pay-at-the-gate customers on top of the ST sales figure and give out false attendance figures like some clubs appear to do!

What puzzled me yesterday, was that everyoe entering the waiting area was asked to fill in the forms. It seemed to be the default position for the office staff. We were all handed a clipboard to complete the forms before approaching the window. Full applicant details, e-mail address, payment card details, seat/location of ticket required etc, etc.

The thing is, I already had the current season tickets in my possession and all the relevant details could have been gleaned from them (except new applicant)

Additionally, the payment details for one were identical for all, but each form was completed as if it were a 'stand alone' application. A bit time consuming to be honest and largely unnecessary in respect of three of the four ticket applications.

Maybe they could eliminate the paperwork, except for new applicants. Seems more sensible and prevents waste and duplication. Just a thought....

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:02 - Mar 28 with 2934 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:57 - Mar 28 by SuddenLad

What puzzled me yesterday, was that everyoe entering the waiting area was asked to fill in the forms. It seemed to be the default position for the office staff. We were all handed a clipboard to complete the forms before approaching the window. Full applicant details, e-mail address, payment card details, seat/location of ticket required etc, etc.

The thing is, I already had the current season tickets in my possession and all the relevant details could have been gleaned from them (except new applicant)

Additionally, the payment details for one were identical for all, but each form was completed as if it were a 'stand alone' application. A bit time consuming to be honest and largely unnecessary in respect of three of the four ticket applications.

Maybe they could eliminate the paperwork, except for new applicants. Seems more sensible and prevents waste and duplication. Just a thought....

And especially so when STs are being sold immediately before or after home fixtures. Who the hell would want to stand around in a queue with huge delays due to people messing around with clipboards?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:44 - Mar 28 with 2830 viewsKnowlesy

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:33 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

Surely if you normally come to 8 games or so a season and you bought a season ticket, I'd like to think that they'd attend most games. If we're quoting money and a lack of disposable income as one of the main factors that prevents people from attending, then the fact that they're effectively getting in for free / having already paid will mean that people turn out whenever they can in order to get best value for money?

I can't see someone buying a season ticket and then still only turning up to 8 games, it just doesn't make sense.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:54 - Mar 28 with 2805 viewsLS27Rdale

FFS here we go again.......

Set of moaning bastard$

If everyone ordered the same seat/stand/amount/same email address/never got older/ never changed address/phone number/extra kids ticket/extra adult ticket then i understand there would be no need to for "paperwork"

So in that case reorder online.

Believe or not when you pay your deposit, the club has to make sure its you. Hence the need for name address email etc etc etc....The point of the paperwork is so they dont go through any updates while you are stood there, wasting 20 minutes instead of 5 minutes. The other office staff will be the ones in putting into the computer confirming any changes to the details they have held from the last 12 months

BTW, deposits are being accepted until 1300 on saturday, and then between full time and 1800.....As has been said on the Website. Print the form off, fill it in before saturday ..SIMPES

And if you havent got a printer, get to the library. ask next door, use schools/work/college/university
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:02 - Mar 28 with 2762 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:54 - Mar 28 by LS27Rdale

Set of moaning bastard$

If everyone ordered the same seat/stand/amount/same email address/never got older/ never changed address/phone number/extra kids ticket/extra adult ticket then i understand there would be no need to for "paperwork"

Believe or not when you pay your deposit, the club has to make sure its you. Hence the need for name address email etc etc etc....The point of the paperwork is so they dont go through any updates while you are stood there, wasting 20 minutes instead of 5 minutes. The other office staff will be the ones in putting into the computer confirming any changes to the details they have held from the last 12 months

BTW, deposits are being accepted until 1300 on saturday, and then between full time and 1800.....As has been said on the Website. Print the form off, fill it in before saturday ..SIMPES

And if you havent got a printer, get to the library. ask next door, use schools/work/college/university

Is there really any need for this? The only moaning I can see on this thread is coming from YOU

What previous posts have been about are thoughts on how the club might best deal with the influx of ST applications, but the attitude you espouse is one that needs to be left behind - you're the one in the dark ages

RG seems to have taken on board many of the thoughts expressed on here by "moaning bastards" - including the one about 'admin fees' for "free" tickets, so before you spout off again just remember that the club are now listening to ideas which help facilitate fans spending money on the Dale
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 15:04]

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:02 - Mar 28 with 2760 viewsStourdale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:44 - Mar 28 by Knowlesy

Surely if you normally come to 8 games or so a season and you bought a season ticket, I'd like to think that they'd attend most games. If we're quoting money and a lack of disposable income as one of the main factors that prevents people from attending, then the fact that they're effectively getting in for free / having already paid will mean that people turn out whenever they can in order to get best value for money?

I can't see someone buying a season ticket and then still only turning up to 8 games, it just doesn't make sense.

Surely it depends on the reason for only being able to attend those 8 games. Yes if it's purely financial then you would expect the person to attend more games.
It's also likely though that people can only manage those games due to family/work commitments, it will still be beneficial to get the ST but doesn't allow them to attend anymore.

Out of interest what is the official home fan capacity at the COA? if we are to sell 4000+ adult tickets, we could also be looking at 1000+ junior tickets which aren't included in the figure (maybe even more). Could we actually be seeing the COA at full capacity for some of the bigger games next year?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 15:10]
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:16 - Mar 28 with 2590 viewsClivert

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:02 - Mar 28 by Stourdale

Surely it depends on the reason for only being able to attend those 8 games. Yes if it's purely financial then you would expect the person to attend more games.
It's also likely though that people can only manage those games due to family/work commitments, it will still be beneficial to get the ST but doesn't allow them to attend anymore.

Out of interest what is the official home fan capacity at the COA? if we are to sell 4000+ adult tickets, we could also be looking at 1000+ junior tickets which aren't included in the figure (maybe even more). Could we actually be seeing the COA at full capacity for some of the bigger games next year?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 15:10]

Just had a quick Google and it would seem that less the Willbutts Lane Stand TCOA has a capacity of 6599, if we do sell 4000 adult season tickets I'd imagine that there would be a significant number of new kids season tickets sold to boot! At what stage would the club start selling season tickets in The Willbutts Lane Stand?

Getting ahead of ourselves here a bit though I know!
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:55 - Mar 28 with 2482 viewsSuddenLad

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:54 - Mar 28 by LS27Rdale

Set of moaning bastard$

For the record, I wasn't moaning. If I had wanted a moan, I would have expressed myself at the time.

I understand the need for the customer details/database to be kept up to date. I also understand that it's easy to ask the applicant in person at the time a deposit is paid, whether their details/requirements have changed.

If the process can be streamlined, it might reduce queues and thus waiting time.

Surely, offering suggestions, benefits everyone in the process ?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:34 - Mar 28 with 2383 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:55 - Mar 28 by SuddenLad

For the record, I wasn't moaning. If I had wanted a moan, I would have expressed myself at the time.

I understand the need for the customer details/database to be kept up to date. I also understand that it's easy to ask the applicant in person at the time a deposit is paid, whether their details/requirements have changed.

If the process can be streamlined, it might reduce queues and thus waiting time.

Surely, offering suggestions, benefits everyone in the process ?

It does indeed and as DAlien mentioned, this messageboard has played its part in helping to provide feedback to the club.

I'm sure all supporters are grateful to have such a forum, somewhere where opinions and ideas can be read so that even those who don't post regularly end up benefitting.

Edit: actually, thinking about the 1pm cut-off on Saturday, couldn't there be an amendment to the plan which will help: promote the fact fans can pick up forms before kick off to be completed and returned after the game.

This would kill two birds with one stone in giving fans who enquire more than a "you'll have to come back after the match", whilst helping out the ticket office as those fans will then have a completed form to hand in. This will save time after the game, allowing applications to be processed quicker.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 18:15]

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:45 - Mar 28 with 2224 views442Dale

201 after day 2. Great start.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:55 - Mar 28 with 2170 viewsboromat

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:45 - Mar 28 by 442Dale

201 after day 2. Great start.

Very good start and my target of 2000 by then end of play on the day of the Vale game is still looking possible.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:58 - Mar 28 with 2157 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:55 - Mar 28 by boromat

Very good start and my target of 2000 by then end of play on the day of the Vale game is still looking possible.

While we'd all be over the moon if that happened, it's not very likely as even those who turn up to take advantage of the £1 offer are unlikely to bring an extra £50 as well. Hope I'm wrong!

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:03 - Mar 28 with 2132 viewsboromat

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:58 - Mar 28 by 442Dale

While we'd all be over the moon if that happened, it's not very likely as even those who turn up to take advantage of the £1 offer are unlikely to bring an extra £50 as well. Hope I'm wrong!

Best to aim high, I think it's achievable but yes it is a challenging aim. I can see Saturday and Tuesday being our biggest selling days so far.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024