Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread 21:41 - Mar 20 with 142127 views442Dale

We have 87 days for people to get their £50 deposits in to determine the price of the 2017/18 Season Tickets.

Average amount of daily sales required by 21st June to hit the targets:
2000 (£250): 23
2500 (£200): 29
3000 (£150): 35
4000 (£110): 46

Keeping a track of this really helped ramp up the interest when Hartlepool fans did it, so hopefully it'll have a similar effect. Debate the numbers here over the next week, then we can add the figures once sales commence.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:09 - Mar 31 with 3407 viewsisitme

The quality of these emails is excellent.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:28 - Mar 31 with 3336 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:55 - Mar 31 by boromat

Just had this confirmed by the club through a mammoth email. Hidden in all the info about everything that's going on it says over 300 adult tickets and over 50 juniors have been sold.

Season Ticket Update

Following the launch of our 2017/18 Season Ticket Deposit scheme on Monday, over 300 Adult and 50 Junior Season Ticket Deposits have now been sold. Thank you to everybody who has purchased so far and please help us to keep spreading the word.

Fans coming to Saturday's game v Northampton Town will be able to purchase a Season Ticket deposit up until 1pm.

After this time, we apologise that we are unable to process Season Ticket Deposits until after the game in order to sell matchday tickets. The Ticket Office will re-open from 5pm until 6pm on Saturday to allow fans to purchase Season Ticket Deposits after the match.

Supporters are encouraged to collect and complete an Application Form prior to purchasing your Season Ticket Deposit to ease queuing times. You can also download a copy of the Application Form HERE.

But don't forget, you can also purchase your Season Ticket Deposit Online at www.rafctickets.co.uk Please note: You must LOG IN before you CHECK OUT to process your online purchase. Or alternatively you can call our Ticket Office on 0844 826 1907 (option 8).

The Ticket Office will also be open until 6pm tonight (Friday 31 March) and from 10am - 4pm on Saturday 29th April.

Supporters have until 21st June to purchase a deposit, after this date prices will be locked. Here’s a reminder of the Season Ticket Deposit pricing scheme:

Over 2,000 season ticket sales - £250
Over 2,500 season ticket sales - £200
Over 3,000 season ticket sales - £150
Over 4,000 season ticket sales - £110

If we fail to hit the 2,000 target — prices will remain the same as the 2016/17 season.The

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:47 - Mar 31 with 3164 viewsShun

I've just driven past one of the advertisements on a bus shelter. It's good but I still think more could be done to advertise the uniqueness of this initiative and the possibility of a crazily low price. The main thing that grabs your attention as you're driving past is the 'we stand together' headline (or something along those lines, I can't remember the exact wording), rather than the bit at the bottom in relatively small writing that states the possible £110 price.

As I said earlier, I think more needs to be made of the fact that we could be watching football next season for £4.80 a match! That figure should be the main headline of advertisements, and the details should be further down in smaller print.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:33 - Mar 31 with 3076 viewsWill_RAFC

@officiallydale: UPDATE: We've sold just short of 400 season ticket deposits in total, with almost 350 sales going towards the countable amount #RAFC
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:09 - Mar 31 with 3003 viewsoff2div1

What are the countable amounts and what are clased as not?
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:11 - Mar 31 with 2991 viewsisitme

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:09 - Mar 31 by off2div1

What are the countable amounts and what are clased as not?

Season tickets for under 11s are not countable towards the target figure. Junior and adult tickets are.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:15 - Mar 31 with 2982 viewsboromat

I wonder what the comparison is to last year.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:29 - Mar 31 with 2944 viewsdalebolt

Just for comparison Hartlepool had sold 559 by day five! So we aren't that far behind! We can do this!
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:56 - Mar 31 with 2880 viewsoff2div1

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:11 - Mar 31 by isitme

Season tickets for under 11s are not countable towards the target figure. Junior and adult tickets are.

2 adult 3 juniors will count as 5 then.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:04 - Mar 31 with 2858 viewsnordenblue

Did the club come up with a plan for the £50 deposits if the targets aren't reached for fans not wanted to spend in excess of £250 for a ST,as mentioned by R17 a bit back as an idea?
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:19 - Mar 31 with 2804 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:04 - Mar 31 by nordenblue

Did the club come up with a plan for the £50 deposits if the targets aren't reached for fans not wanted to spend in excess of £250 for a ST,as mentioned by R17 a bit back as an idea?

Best not going there. The targets have to be reached - and even if they weren't the club would be daft to announce that they hadn't and it had been a failure. Whatever happens they have to be £110 in my opinion - Hartlepool showed when they announced they'd achieved the 4000 and the price would be £100 they sold over 500 more in one day! And a further 1000 after that! The club have money in the bank to take that gamble.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:33 - Mar 31 with 2776 viewsisitme

I suspect that even if 2000 qualifying season tickets are not sold then the club will honour the £250 price as a goodwill gesture as although there is a reference to last season's prices these are not stated on any current article for new season ticket holders.

I first target should be achievable. Current season ticket holders have until the end of April to keep their seats and those making new bookings don't have to do so until 21st June. Many people will have been at work this week and may sign up tomorrow or on Tuesday.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:44 - Mar 31 with 2761 viewsnordenblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:33 - Mar 31 by isitme

I suspect that even if 2000 qualifying season tickets are not sold then the club will honour the £250 price as a goodwill gesture as although there is a reference to last season's prices these are not stated on any current article for new season ticket holders.

I first target should be achievable. Current season ticket holders have until the end of April to keep their seats and those making new bookings don't have to do so until 21st June. Many people will have been at work this week and may sign up tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Whilst I agree with you,many myself included would def buy 1 at £110, as it stands I'm not going to gamble for the very fact I may well then have to pay more than double that amount,another 2 of my mates said the other day "are they only 110 quid a season ticket for next year" after me explaining the pricing structure they both said "I'll leave it then"

Even at 250 each you'd have to attend over half the games for value for money,a lot who aren't currently regulars won't commit to that as a possible outcome....
[Post edited 31 Mar 2017 22:45]
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:47 - Mar 31 with 2754 viewsnordenblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:19 - Mar 31 by dingdangblue

Best not going there. The targets have to be reached - and even if they weren't the club would be daft to announce that they hadn't and it had been a failure. Whatever happens they have to be £110 in my opinion - Hartlepool showed when they announced they'd achieved the 4000 and the price would be £100 they sold over 500 more in one day! And a further 1000 after that! The club have money in the bank to take that gamble.

They perhaps should have just from the start made them a set price and plastered it everywhere to advertise,any element of doubt/risk can only put potential fans off the idea..
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:37 - Mar 31 with 2687 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:47 - Mar 31 by nordenblue

They perhaps should have just from the start made them a set price and plastered it everywhere to advertise,any element of doubt/risk can only put potential fans off the idea..

The way they have done it is clever ( as long as they keep announcing targets reached - even if they have to fib a little!) . As each target is announced the publicity will grow and it will generate far more interest than if it was just £110 from the start.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:41 - Mar 31 with 2680 viewscrazyhorse

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:44 - Mar 31 by nordenblue

Whilst I agree with you,many myself included would def buy 1 at £110, as it stands I'm not going to gamble for the very fact I may well then have to pay more than double that amount,another 2 of my mates said the other day "are they only 110 quid a season ticket for next year" after me explaining the pricing structure they both said "I'll leave it then"

Even at 250 each you'd have to attend over half the games for value for money,a lot who aren't currently regulars won't commit to that as a possible outcome....
[Post edited 31 Mar 2017 22:45]

I thought differently,I bought into this scheme and took a punt at getting a discount ticket for what could be a one off opportunity for a unique season. Sitting on the fence I wasn't going to, and bought with positivity. This is a new marketing technique to get a massive attendance and as a long time fan who is happy to try something different, I am going to roll with it. If its a disaster and I can't afford the final outlay then, its a 50 quid loss. I'm not rich but big deal. I'm sure the rest of the loyal fans will help push this fantastic opportunity through friends and family i'm sure we'll reach a great target and it will be a packed Spotland next season.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2017 15:40]
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 06:28 - Apr 1 with 2579 viewsnordenblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:41 - Mar 31 by crazyhorse

I thought differently,I bought into this scheme and took a punt at getting a discount ticket for what could be a one off opportunity for a unique season. Sitting on the fence I wasn't going to, and bought with positivity. This is a new marketing technique to get a massive attendance and as a long time fan who is happy to try something different, I am going to roll with it. If its a disaster and I can't afford the final outlay then, its a 50 quid loss. I'm not rich but big deal. I'm sure the rest of the loyal fans will help push this fantastic opportunity through friends and family i'm sure we'll reach a great target and it will be a packed Spotland next season.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2017 15:40]

I hope you're right,I just think while there's an element of doubt and a distinct possibility of paying more than they want to people will be put off. From a personal point of view I've quite easily got into a habit were I can take it or leave going to home games when once over I wouldn't miss a single home match and plenty of away days,at a certain £110 a ST I would have bought one,while at potentially £250 it's not worth it.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:26 - Apr 1 with 2442 views442Dale

A re-post of something from the day the scheme was launched:

Of course for those who can't afford to part with £50 it's very hard to justify, but for those who can and they're a Dale fan/semi regular/have an interest in local football, it's hard to justify NOT paying the deposit.

Yes, there's a chance a target might not be hit and in that situation they can either pay an amount they don't want to or lose the £50, but it's about looking at the bigger picture. By paying the £50 now you're doing it for your club and your fellow fans who are doing the same, you're also doing it for the people considering parting with the deposit themselves. They want you to help make their decision and you want them to decide to do the same.

Again, this is SPECIFIC to those who CAN afford £50, some of whom will be hoping those who maybe can't will also take up what is a great initiative. It's not a case of "this is a good deal for me" or "I'll wait and see because I don't think it'll work but if it does I'll get one", it's about putting our own preferences to one side for the greater good. The word "I" needs to be shelved for a couple of months.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:48 - Apr 1 with 2407 viewsnordenblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:26 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

A re-post of something from the day the scheme was launched:

Of course for those who can't afford to part with £50 it's very hard to justify, but for those who can and they're a Dale fan/semi regular/have an interest in local football, it's hard to justify NOT paying the deposit.

Yes, there's a chance a target might not be hit and in that situation they can either pay an amount they don't want to or lose the £50, but it's about looking at the bigger picture. By paying the £50 now you're doing it for your club and your fellow fans who are doing the same, you're also doing it for the people considering parting with the deposit themselves. They want you to help make their decision and you want them to decide to do the same.

Again, this is SPECIFIC to those who CAN afford £50, some of whom will be hoping those who maybe can't will also take up what is a great initiative. It's not a case of "this is a good deal for me" or "I'll wait and see because I don't think it'll work but if it does I'll get one", it's about putting our own preferences to one side for the greater good. The word "I" needs to be shelved for a couple of months.

A very good post tbf 442,though people make financial decisions based on their own position and personal risk to them not how it may benefit others.

I just think there would have been less risk and ultimately more attraction if the club instead said maybe the first 3/4k fans get the ST at £110 so don't miss out as once the targets hit the price increases in stages etc etc...
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:00 - Apr 1 with 2386 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:48 - Apr 1 by nordenblue

A very good post tbf 442,though people make financial decisions based on their own position and personal risk to them not how it may benefit others.

I just think there would have been less risk and ultimately more attraction if the club instead said maybe the first 3/4k fans get the ST at £110 so don't miss out as once the targets hit the price increases in stages etc etc...

Maybe, but this is what we have and as Dale fans we have to start to think differently.

Some people make decisions based on their own position, yes. Hopefully they will see the bigger picture and change that stance on this occasion.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2017 10:00]

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:10 - Apr 1 with 2359 viewsnordenblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:00 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

Maybe, but this is what we have and as Dale fans we have to start to think differently.

Some people make decisions based on their own position, yes. Hopefully they will see the bigger picture and change that stance on this occasion.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2017 10:00]

I sincerely hope it's a massive success and hats off to the powers that be for implementing it,I just feel like a lot of things coming out of the club,it's a brilliant idea just not executed as well as it could have been
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:15 - Apr 1 with 2347 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:10 - Apr 1 by nordenblue

I sincerely hope it's a massive success and hats off to the powers that be for implementing it,I just feel like a lot of things coming out of the club,it's a brilliant idea just not executed as well as it could have been

And that's where we play a part: by ensuring a brilliant idea is capitalised on and paying our £50 if we can.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:05 - Apr 1 with 2273 viewsdaledaft

I am a Goldbond Agent so I get a hugely discounted S/T as it is, but i am going to put £50 down for another one then after the cut off date make a decision to pay the rest or not.
I'm not rich by a long way but feel like I want to be part of this scheme.
At £110 it's a bargain and would definitely pay the rest.
At £150 will possibly pay the remainder.
Any more and I am fairly sure i will lose my deposit !
The club haven't pots of money, but are listening to fans and trying new things so I for one am willing to help.
This scheme needs momentum so regular updates are essential from the club and us fans need to talk about it to anyone who is remotely interested.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:36 - Apr 1 with 2215 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:15 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

And that's where we play a part: by ensuring a brilliant idea is capitalised on and paying our £50 if we can.

I have to agree with nb on this one. Appealing to fans altruism isn't going to work. The only reason the vast majority would put down £50 is in the hope - or expectation - that it'll save them money. That's a decent enough basis for this to work though, and as I've said before I expect - or hope! - it's the first of a sequence of full ST initiatives which can be refined as we go along. In a way, changing the goalposts during an initiative e.g. by making it a £110/£150 ticket whatever the numbers sold, might be counterproductive to fans putting deposits down

If we're looking to expand the ST community from around 1800 to 3000+ it should be remembered that we're moving well into 'uncommitted' territory and altruism towatds Dale & fellow Daleys wouldn't be on the radar

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:37 - Apr 1 with 2212 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:10 - Apr 1 by nordenblue

I can understand totally your viewpoint - and yes the club could have just had it £110 from the start but this way does set targets and make it interesting for onlookers. It will also urge others to buy - when the sales figure gets nearer to the 1st target of 2000 I'm sure sales will increase because of it - people will want to put their deposit down to get beyond each target - as 442 says it's down to the supporters to show some faith for the greater good. Everyone just has to have the mindset that the end price WILL BE £110.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024