Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread 21:41 - Mar 20 with 142251 views442Dale

We have 87 days for people to get their £50 deposits in to determine the price of the 2017/18 Season Tickets.

Average amount of daily sales required by 21st June to hit the targets:
2000 (£250): 23
2500 (£200): 29
3000 (£150): 35
4000 (£110): 46

Keeping a track of this really helped ramp up the interest when Hartlepool fans did it, so hopefully it'll have a similar effect. Debate the numbers here over the next week, then we can add the figures once sales commence.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:18 - Apr 1 with 2769 viewsAtThePeake

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:12 - Apr 1 by D_Alien

"...you are the omnibenevolent (hey, I can use big words too!) man you portray yourself to be - although we both know that isn't the case, don't we?"

You might think you know summat, but I'll dare you to be more specific. Never mind the cheap little hints, spell it out or stfu

And if omnibenevolent were something I'd be interested in portraying myself as, it'd be something you wouldn't have the experience or knowledge to dispute - but I don't, so stfu about that

Come on, we're all waiting to hear from you...

[Post edited 1 Apr 2017 23:14]

I'm not hinting at anything. I'm really not sure what you're referring to. I simply don't think you have the right to think your opinion carries more weight than other people's on this forum, nor do I think you have the right to dig out other people for having a different opinion to your own.

Tangled up in blue.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:20 - Apr 1 with 2762 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:18 - Apr 1 by AtThePeake

I'm not hinting at anything. I'm really not sure what you're referring to. I simply don't think you have the right to think your opinion carries more weight than other people's on this forum, nor do I think you have the right to dig out other people for having a different opinion to your own.

Bottled it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:20 - Apr 1 with 2756 viewsAtThePeake

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:20 - Apr 1 by D_Alien

Bottled it

I literally don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Tangled up in blue.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:24 - Apr 1 with 2739 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:20 - Apr 1 by AtThePeake

I literally don't have a clue what you're talking about.

OK, we both know that's not true, don't we

But leave it at that, for good, instead of snidy little hints

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 00:39 - Apr 2 with 2635 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:15 - Apr 1 by DaleiLama

Imho, there is no right or wrong to this discussion - just 2 different points of view.

It's very much like the discussion D_Alien was having on form vs results. KH even said in a recent radio interview that the team was in good form but weren't getting the results. Look at the form table and our form was then poor. Both are valid.

I must say that I have softened my stance on the issue a little after reading DDB's well argued point that this "countdown" process should create extra buzz and publicity versus a straight £110 offer. I do still think it is a massive ask for a casual or new fan (which is who we are trying to attract) to take a £50 punt regardless of how wealthy the individual may be.

You bleed blue blood 442, so it's a no-brainer for you. I'm sure a lot of others are wondering and a lot of others will stay on the fence until a milestone has been reached.

I also think DDB is bang on with his guess that Dale will make sure we get there somehow. If they don't, I think a massive loss of goodwill ensues and a massive opportunity is wasted.

'Pool more than quadrupled their STs from 1300 to the best part of 6k. Surely starting from a higher baseline we ought to be looking to exceed this. If the club let's the numbers fall short I will be so disappointed and I have no doubt I won't be alone.

I put my £50 down. Not sure how many games I'll even be able to get to next year. If a ST isn't cost effective though, I will walk away from the deposit as will a lot of others. They may become fans that never come back then. I pray this doesn't turn into an own goal. These are not "negative comments", just possible outcomes and thoughts. I believe we will get to 3k and then to 4k. It will take more than just fans to buy into this, but Russ has form and we have to believe he knows what he is doing and will make it happen. Today's result didn't help though (haven't read the match thread yet).

This post has been edited by an administrator

That's a disgraceful comment about the Chairman and should be retracted forthwith.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 00:47 - Apr 2 with 2625 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:47 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

There's certainly a difference between being critical and encouraging people to think. At the end of the day everyone does what they think is best in any given situation. Like most things, it's all about opinions.

Wonder how many we sold today?

I agree, and I certainly wasn't alluding to any criticism on your part

And... not as many as we might've done if there'd been one minute less added time

So, we move on to the Port Vale £1 entry game, and we can only hope that those who were planning to attend and possibly put a deposit down aren't put off by today - if indeed the finer detail is on their radar

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 01:03 - Apr 2 with 2605 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 00:47 - Apr 2 by D_Alien

I agree, and I certainly wasn't alluding to any criticism on your part

And... not as many as we might've done if there'd been one minute less added time

So, we move on to the Port Vale £1 entry game, and we can only hope that those who were planning to attend and possibly put a deposit down aren't put off by today - if indeed the finer detail is on their radar

Yesterday's result and the way it happened is a disaster where Tuesday night is concerned - even Goal Rush commented on our highlights that it put an end to our play off chances

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 02:00 - Apr 2 with 2580 views1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 00:39 - Apr 2 by TVOS1907

That's a disgraceful comment about the Chairman and should be retracted forthwith.

Double post
[Post edited 2 Apr 2017 2:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 02:04 - Apr 2 with 2576 views1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:15 - Apr 1 by DaleiLama

Imho, there is no right or wrong to this discussion - just 2 different points of view.

It's very much like the discussion D_Alien was having on form vs results. KH even said in a recent radio interview that the team was in good form but weren't getting the results. Look at the form table and our form was then poor. Both are valid.

I must say that I have softened my stance on the issue a little after reading DDB's well argued point that this "countdown" process should create extra buzz and publicity versus a straight £110 offer. I do still think it is a massive ask for a casual or new fan (which is who we are trying to attract) to take a £50 punt regardless of how wealthy the individual may be.

You bleed blue blood 442, so it's a no-brainer for you. I'm sure a lot of others are wondering and a lot of others will stay on the fence until a milestone has been reached.

I also think DDB is bang on with his guess that Dale will make sure we get there somehow. If they don't, I think a massive loss of goodwill ensues and a massive opportunity is wasted.

'Pool more than quadrupled their STs from 1300 to the best part of 6k. Surely starting from a higher baseline we ought to be looking to exceed this. If the club let's the numbers fall short I will be so disappointed and I have no doubt I won't be alone.

I put my £50 down. Not sure how many games I'll even be able to get to next year. If a ST isn't cost effective though, I will walk away from the deposit as will a lot of others. They may become fans that never come back then. I pray this doesn't turn into an own goal. These are not "negative comments", just possible outcomes and thoughts. I believe we will get to 3k and then to 4k. It will take more than just fans to buy into this, but Russ has form and we have to believe he knows what he is doing and will make it happen. Today's result didn't help though (haven't read the match thread yet).

This post has been edited by an administrator

"And CD just uses this to line his own pocket"

Really? REALLY?

What a diabolical comment. Don't know where to start with that one.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 06:33 - Apr 2 with 2539 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 23:00 - Apr 1 by DaleiLama

Tbf R17, you missed the most important word out of that sentence. The word if (in the context of not getting to a cost-effective target). Either you have not understood my point, I haven't explained it v well or you just plain disagree. The scenario I was referring to was we sell 2-3k deposits and the price is not cost effective for many. In this case we almost certainly exceed the 1800 we sold this year but there will also be a lot of £50 deposits that will be lost and end up in the clubs coffers. After all this buzz, it would be madness for the club to take a short-sighted view, but in pure cashflow terms it would be a nice earner vs this year. Not saying it will happen - in fact praying it won't!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2017 23:04]

I think we all get where you're coming from regarding abandoned deposits, and the ensuing resentment that might create, and it's a point worth making at this stage

As you've also said, it'd be crazy for that to be allowed to happen - for what should be a hugely positive initiative to be allowed to turn sour

What wouldn't be happening under any circumstances is the chairman gaining any personal financial benefit, and I'm sure you'll be anxious to further clarify that?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 08:00 - Apr 2 with 2483 viewsroccydaleian

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 00:39 - Apr 2 by TVOS1907

Totally agree.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:56 - Apr 2 with 2377 viewsDaleiLama

Blimey - firstly, I feel my comment has been taken in isolation and totally out of context, but such is life. I don't intend to retract it, as I think there's a snowball's chance in heaven of the eventuality happening and I was speaking hypothetically, but I will try to qualify what I meant by it.

By way of clarification, if anyone cares to check back through my posts I have gone on record as saying that I am proud to be a fan of a well run, fiscally prudent club and have praised the Chairman in the past. I applaud how he runs the club. I applaud him bringing Keith Hill back - we wouldn't be where we are now in the league and we probably wouldn't have a prayer of making this ST initiative work without Keith in charge. I applaud CD appointing Russ - a forward looking move which I have also gone on the record as saying is like a breath of fresh air versus how things were previously. I applaud him selling Done. We were nowhere near going up at the time. We still aren't this season and we have a much stronger squad now. I applaud him for the sell-on clauses that brought the Hogan windfall etc. I applaud his patience in finally securing the rights to the stadium and managing the process of putting the club in the best shape it's ever been in, on and off the field.

In terms of the very specific scenario I mentioned, I must admit I hoped we might have sold more STs by now. Starting with a higher ST base than 'Pool and falling behind the pace sold at up there is perhaps a warning light going off. It made me think that if this thing loses momentum between the 2k and 3k mark close to the deadline, we would be at a critical fork in the road towards the future. 442 has rightly been a cheerleader for fans putting their money in and taking a punt. If (and only if) we get to the above level, interest stalls and we can't get over the hump, in my humble opinion, the club then has to put their chips in and take a punt with their money on this initiative succeeding (as DDB suggested and as I agree has to be the way forward). The flipside is reverting to the bunker mentality of doing what we've always done and settling for what we've got (which will probably generate more revenue next year than this year, but won't blow the lid off this offer)

As for him benefiting personally, if this is what has caused offence, then I concede I do not know the make-up of the shareholders of RAFC, but I assumed CD is a shareholder at some level as part of his position and would therefore receive a dividend each year based on profit. I also assume that he is on at least some sort of profit related pay. I also was not trying to imply he is a greedy fella - I don't know him at all, but my comments above should clarify what I think of him, what he has achieved and that I am a supporter of him.

So to sum up, I don't think the scenario will arise as I have to believe we will exceed 3k tickets sold. I also believe, at this point, the club will go "all in" and make sure we get over the hump if needed. In the worst case scenario, though, if the folk of Rochdale just say no, RG can't push it through as he did in the past and the club has to make a decision, I hope for once the club doesn't put short-term financial prudence (and profit) before long-term advancement.

On a personal note, it's dad's 90th today so I'm going to bring him home for lunch so I won't be replying to any posts for a while.

Up the Dale (and for God's sake win on Tuesday)!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:16 - Apr 2 with 2284 viewsmacro

"but I assumed CD is a shareholder at some level as part of his position and would therefore receive a dividend each year based on profit.”

The club budget to run on a loss and I’m fairly sure that CD and other directors have put in far more money than they have ever taken out.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:46 - Apr 2 with 2243 viewsR17ALE

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:56 - Apr 2 by DaleiLama

Blimey - firstly, I feel my comment has been taken in isolation and totally out of context, but such is life. I don't intend to retract it, as I think there's a snowball's chance in heaven of the eventuality happening and I was speaking hypothetically, but I will try to qualify what I meant by it.

By way of clarification, if anyone cares to check back through my posts I have gone on record as saying that I am proud to be a fan of a well run, fiscally prudent club and have praised the Chairman in the past. I applaud how he runs the club. I applaud him bringing Keith Hill back - we wouldn't be where we are now in the league and we probably wouldn't have a prayer of making this ST initiative work without Keith in charge. I applaud CD appointing Russ - a forward looking move which I have also gone on the record as saying is like a breath of fresh air versus how things were previously. I applaud him selling Done. We were nowhere near going up at the time. We still aren't this season and we have a much stronger squad now. I applaud him for the sell-on clauses that brought the Hogan windfall etc. I applaud his patience in finally securing the rights to the stadium and managing the process of putting the club in the best shape it's ever been in, on and off the field.

In terms of the very specific scenario I mentioned, I must admit I hoped we might have sold more STs by now. Starting with a higher ST base than 'Pool and falling behind the pace sold at up there is perhaps a warning light going off. It made me think that if this thing loses momentum between the 2k and 3k mark close to the deadline, we would be at a critical fork in the road towards the future. 442 has rightly been a cheerleader for fans putting their money in and taking a punt. If (and only if) we get to the above level, interest stalls and we can't get over the hump, in my humble opinion, the club then has to put their chips in and take a punt with their money on this initiative succeeding (as DDB suggested and as I agree has to be the way forward). The flipside is reverting to the bunker mentality of doing what we've always done and settling for what we've got (which will probably generate more revenue next year than this year, but won't blow the lid off this offer)

As for him benefiting personally, if this is what has caused offence, then I concede I do not know the make-up of the shareholders of RAFC, but I assumed CD is a shareholder at some level as part of his position and would therefore receive a dividend each year based on profit. I also assume that he is on at least some sort of profit related pay. I also was not trying to imply he is a greedy fella - I don't know him at all, but my comments above should clarify what I think of him, what he has achieved and that I am a supporter of him.

So to sum up, I don't think the scenario will arise as I have to believe we will exceed 3k tickets sold. I also believe, at this point, the club will go "all in" and make sure we get over the hump if needed. In the worst case scenario, though, if the folk of Rochdale just say no, RG can't push it through as he did in the past and the club has to make a decision, I hope for once the club doesn't put short-term financial prudence (and profit) before long-term advancement.

On a personal note, it's dad's 90th today so I'm going to bring him home for lunch so I won't be replying to any posts for a while.

Up the Dale (and for God's sake win on Tuesday)!

"I concede I do not know the make-up of the shareholders of RAFC, but I assumed CD is a shareholder at some level as part of his position and would therefore receive a dividend each year based on profit. I also assume that he is on at least some sort of profit related pay."

For someone as articulate as you clearly are, who openly concedes not knowing the business model at the club, you don't half make some wild assumptions.

I'll clear a few things up for you!

1. CD is, I think, the largest shareholder in the club.
2. Shareholders in Dale never get a dividend. This includes me by the way.
3. The Directors do not get profit related pay. In fact, they have to pay a joining fee of £25,000 for the privilege of working for the club for free.

Your comment wasn't taken out of context. It was taken on face value and rejected. Your surprise at how myself and others have reacted, demonstrates your lack of understanding of the affection our fanbase has for CD, the admiration for him, our gratefulness to him, and a sense of fooking relief we've got him when football clubs elsewhere are peppered with dishonest shysters.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:47 - Apr 2 with 2239 viewsColDale

The subject of the season tickets was the hot topic in the pub after the game.

As it stands, I don't think we've got a hope in hell of selling 4000 tickets through the deposit scheme. We've probably got around 1400 qualifying season ticket holders at this moment and around 2,700 Dale fans at the game yesterday. We aren't going to triple our season ticket sales on a chance and sell 1300 season tickets to people who weren't there yesterday. Just not going to happen. That will only happen once it is known that season tickets are £110.

I write this not being ITK whatsoever, but I very much doubt that we've launched the scheme and it will stay exactly as was first announced. There is the need for this to maintain momentum over the Summer. We managed to shift close to 500 this week but it will be less next week and less the week after without any additional input.

One thing the club cannot afford to do is to have sales miss the targets, charge the existing rates and have supporters having £50 deposits go to waste. It just will not happen. As we said last night, that would be the biggest own goal by the club since Lance Key thought he could given Jason Peake's backpass a huge boot upfield, and whilst there's cash in the bank, that can't happen.

In launching this, we have budgeted for 4000 paying £110 for season tickets. Should we reach the stage where we feel the need to announce it as £110 no matter what, then its budgeted for, But for all the rights and wrongs, we've adopted a scheme designed to build momentum throughout the Summer, and I'm convinced there'll be little sweeteners along the way to maintain that.

If we are going to sell 4,000, I don't believe that will be done by picking up new supporters. Will those paying £1 on Tuesday coming to Spotland for the first time be convinced enough to stump up £50 for a deposit? No chance.

For me it's about convincing those supporters who might attend 5 or 6 games a season upwards that they'll save money buying a season ticket and it doesn't matter if they don't see every game, because there'll already saving cash.

I renewed mine yesterday and when giving my details, they brought up my Dad's details by mistake. Now my Dad had a second half season ticket during 2009-10 and that's the only time he's ever had one which suggests to me that we've got the details of pretty much everyone who has purchased a season ticket in the past 10 years. This should be our first priority. If someone was prepared to pay full price at one stage, then in my book, they are the ones who will be the easiest to convince to step up rather than someone attracted by a poster.

So I think there's a lot more to come in this over the next few weeks, and I don't believe there's a cat in hell's chance of them going full price when the fixture's come out. Russ had made these schemes work in the past and I'm sure there's a lot of hard work still to be done.

And as the DJ pointed out last night, if we don't have every person entering the home areas of the ground on Tuesday being given a flyer / application form, then we don't deserve this to be a success.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:47 - Apr 2 with 2097 viewspioneer

the most sensible post I Have read on this item.

To an uncommitted fan what is the point of risking 50 quid that you wont get back if your hoped for price isnt reached? wait until the day before the deadline and see what the numbers are.

The uncommitted fan wont feel any loss if the price he wants to pay isnt achieved so keep the 50 quid in his pocket and do what he has been doing on a Saturday afternoon for the last 30 years.

I know these schemes have been used prviously at other clubs but I do wonder about the legality of not providing any sort of refund if the targets arent reached. The club is taking money and if targets not reached providing nothing in return.

Didnt Oldham have a slightly different take on it last year.....you pay your deposit for a season ticket priced at say 250 quid and depending on the numbers that price will come down. I dont think our sheme has been promoted in that way....all about getting a season ticket for 110 quid.

So in the case of the Oldham scheme, if i remeber it accurately, you were always seen as paying a deposit for a regularly priced ST. Variations on a theme I realise but perhaps a bit more transparent or meaningful. If my memory is corect about the scheme does anybody know what the outcome was...what was the final price and how many were bought
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:58 - Apr 2 with 2074 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:47 - Apr 2 by pioneer

the most sensible post I Have read on this item.

To an uncommitted fan what is the point of risking 50 quid that you wont get back if your hoped for price isnt reached? wait until the day before the deadline and see what the numbers are.

The uncommitted fan wont feel any loss if the price he wants to pay isnt achieved so keep the 50 quid in his pocket and do what he has been doing on a Saturday afternoon for the last 30 years.

I know these schemes have been used prviously at other clubs but I do wonder about the legality of not providing any sort of refund if the targets arent reached. The club is taking money and if targets not reached providing nothing in return.

Didnt Oldham have a slightly different take on it last year.....you pay your deposit for a season ticket priced at say 250 quid and depending on the numbers that price will come down. I dont think our sheme has been promoted in that way....all about getting a season ticket for 110 quid.

So in the case of the Oldham scheme, if i remeber it accurately, you were always seen as paying a deposit for a regularly priced ST. Variations on a theme I realise but perhaps a bit more transparent or meaningful. If my memory is corect about the scheme does anybody know what the outcome was...what was the final price and how many were bought

As long as all the committed supporters are doing their very best to promote the positivity of this idea, we can all say we've done our bit.

Yes, there might be ways to improve it, as there would be for any scheme, but we have to see how it plays out and contribute where we can along the way.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:40 - Apr 2 with 2010 viewsfrequency

Hows the season ticket sales going

Hate city

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:59 - Apr 2 with 1976 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:46 - Apr 2 by R17ALE

"I concede I do not know the make-up of the shareholders of RAFC, but I assumed CD is a shareholder at some level as part of his position and would therefore receive a dividend each year based on profit. I also assume that he is on at least some sort of profit related pay."

For someone as articulate as you clearly are, who openly concedes not knowing the business model at the club, you don't half make some wild assumptions.

I'll clear a few things up for you!

1. CD is, I think, the largest shareholder in the club.
2. Shareholders in Dale never get a dividend. This includes me by the way.
3. The Directors do not get profit related pay. In fact, they have to pay a joining fee of £25,000 for the privilege of working for the club for free.

Your comment wasn't taken out of context. It was taken on face value and rejected. Your surprise at how myself and others have reacted, demonstrates your lack of understanding of the affection our fanbase has for CD, the admiration for him, our gratefulness to him, and a sense of fooking relief we've got him when football clubs elsewhere are peppered with dishonest shysters.

So, thanks for clearing up a few of my "wild assumptions" R17. I had it in the back of my mind that I'd read somewhere that there were over 300 shareholders of RAFC and CD wasn't the largest shareholder. The largest had a holding >20% and no other shareholder had > 10%. But that could have been old info and I can't even remember where I read it now. I also didn't underestimate the affection for CD, which I share, despite my offensive comment, as I have tried to illustrate previously.

Anyway, in view of the other info you posted, I now wish to fully retract the offending part of my statement (which has been edited out anyway) and can now see why it was inappropriate and caused offence. I am also not above apologising to anyone to whom it may have caused offence. As I said, it was never meant to be a personal slight. It was a "what if" situation, but I can now see that CD would not have benefited personally from taking the path to the "dark side", rather the club might have made a short term "gain", but in my view, a long term loss in that circumstance.

As Col suggests, however, we surely aren't going to build a bonfire, invite all the kids in the area to come then hose it down with water so it won't light.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2017 16:02]

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:19 - Apr 2 with 1949 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:59 - Apr 2 by DaleiLama

So, thanks for clearing up a few of my "wild assumptions" R17. I had it in the back of my mind that I'd read somewhere that there were over 300 shareholders of RAFC and CD wasn't the largest shareholder. The largest had a holding >20% and no other shareholder had > 10%. But that could have been old info and I can't even remember where I read it now. I also didn't underestimate the affection for CD, which I share, despite my offensive comment, as I have tried to illustrate previously.

Anyway, in view of the other info you posted, I now wish to fully retract the offending part of my statement (which has been edited out anyway) and can now see why it was inappropriate and caused offence. I am also not above apologising to anyone to whom it may have caused offence. As I said, it was never meant to be a personal slight. It was a "what if" situation, but I can now see that CD would not have benefited personally from taking the path to the "dark side", rather the club might have made a short term "gain", but in my view, a long term loss in that circumstance.

As Col suggests, however, we surely aren't going to build a bonfire, invite all the kids in the area to come then hose it down with water so it won't light.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2017 16:02]

Clarification achieved

Hope your dad was well enough to enjoy his birthday?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:20 - Apr 2 with 1856 views1mark1

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:47 - Apr 2 by ColDale

The subject of the season tickets was the hot topic in the pub after the game.

As it stands, I don't think we've got a hope in hell of selling 4000 tickets through the deposit scheme. We've probably got around 1400 qualifying season ticket holders at this moment and around 2,700 Dale fans at the game yesterday. We aren't going to triple our season ticket sales on a chance and sell 1300 season tickets to people who weren't there yesterday. Just not going to happen. That will only happen once it is known that season tickets are £110.

I write this not being ITK whatsoever, but I very much doubt that we've launched the scheme and it will stay exactly as was first announced. There is the need for this to maintain momentum over the Summer. We managed to shift close to 500 this week but it will be less next week and less the week after without any additional input.

One thing the club cannot afford to do is to have sales miss the targets, charge the existing rates and have supporters having £50 deposits go to waste. It just will not happen. As we said last night, that would be the biggest own goal by the club since Lance Key thought he could given Jason Peake's backpass a huge boot upfield, and whilst there's cash in the bank, that can't happen.

In launching this, we have budgeted for 4000 paying £110 for season tickets. Should we reach the stage where we feel the need to announce it as £110 no matter what, then its budgeted for, But for all the rights and wrongs, we've adopted a scheme designed to build momentum throughout the Summer, and I'm convinced there'll be little sweeteners along the way to maintain that.

If we are going to sell 4,000, I don't believe that will be done by picking up new supporters. Will those paying £1 on Tuesday coming to Spotland for the first time be convinced enough to stump up £50 for a deposit? No chance.

For me it's about convincing those supporters who might attend 5 or 6 games a season upwards that they'll save money buying a season ticket and it doesn't matter if they don't see every game, because there'll already saving cash.

I renewed mine yesterday and when giving my details, they brought up my Dad's details by mistake. Now my Dad had a second half season ticket during 2009-10 and that's the only time he's ever had one which suggests to me that we've got the details of pretty much everyone who has purchased a season ticket in the past 10 years. This should be our first priority. If someone was prepared to pay full price at one stage, then in my book, they are the ones who will be the easiest to convince to step up rather than someone attracted by a poster.

So I think there's a lot more to come in this over the next few weeks, and I don't believe there's a cat in hell's chance of them going full price when the fixture's come out. Russ had made these schemes work in the past and I'm sure there's a lot of hard work still to be done.

And as the DJ pointed out last night, if we don't have every person entering the home areas of the ground on Tuesday being given a flyer / application form, then we don't deserve this to be a success.

This would my way of doing it, as far as problem of someone paying out £50 and getting nothing in return, if unable to afford the rest required to pay for a ST.

£50 buys you a book of say 6 adult priced games, OR a deposit for a full or half ST depending on price of ST. I for one would pay the £50 as a deposit, knowing it would not go to waste, if I couldn't afford the extra to pay for a full priced ST.

Personally speaking If Dale had said there would be a price of £110 no matter what, I believe we would have achieved the 4000, but as it stands unfortunately I don't think we will.

I also think we should sell books of 10 games for say £80 , and £50 for six games.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:20 - Apr 2 with 1800 viewsMoonyDale

In it's present format and after a single week of selling I would say we will just about get to 2.500 ticket sales. Yesterday won't have helped and Tuesday is a must win and in some style imo, unless the club have something up it's sleeve to add at a later stage 4k looks a long way off.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:04 - Apr 2 with 1728 viewsnordenblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:20 - Apr 2 by MoonyDale

In it's present format and after a single week of selling I would say we will just about get to 2.500 ticket sales. Yesterday won't have helped and Tuesday is a must win and in some style imo, unless the club have something up it's sleeve to add at a later stage 4k looks a long way off.......

Totally agree,make the ST £110 for everyone and hey presto...... the gamble is then taken off any potential fans willing to buy a ST
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:50 - Apr 2 with 1666 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:19 - Apr 2 by D_Alien

Clarification achieved

Hope your dad was well enough to enjoy his birthday?

Yep and it stayed fine too tvm. Trundled him down the prom back to mum's in his wheelchair and cooked them lunch and he had half a bottle of Hobgoblin Gold then slept for the best part of an hour. Can't believe 18 months ago though they were saying prepare yourselves for the end. Very much taking the David Baddiel approach with his dementia, which is a moving target. Mum just rang and he told her he hasn't been out today! You gotta laugh.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:10 - Apr 2 with 1590 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:50 - Apr 2 by DaleiLama

Yep and it stayed fine too tvm. Trundled him down the prom back to mum's in his wheelchair and cooked them lunch and he had half a bottle of Hobgoblin Gold then slept for the best part of an hour. Can't believe 18 months ago though they were saying prepare yourselves for the end. Very much taking the David Baddiel approach with his dementia, which is a moving target. Mum just rang and he told her he hasn't been out today! You gotta laugh.

I hope you had t' other half of that bottle! I'd hate to see it wasted, although if it was, at least it wouldn't have been wasted on the young

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024