Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread 21:41 - Mar 20 with 141751 views442Dale

We have 87 days for people to get their £50 deposits in to determine the price of the 2017/18 Season Tickets.

Average amount of daily sales required by 21st June to hit the targets:
2000 (£250): 23
2500 (£200): 29
3000 (£150): 35
4000 (£110): 46

Keeping a track of this really helped ramp up the interest when Hartlepool fans did it, so hopefully it'll have a similar effect. Debate the numbers here over the next week, then we can add the figures once sales commence.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:27 - Apr 2 with 2915 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:10 - Apr 2 by D_Alien

I hope you had t' other half of that bottle! I'd hate to see it wasted, although if it was, at least it wouldn't have been wasted on the young

I most certainly did. It's a nice drop even though not bottle conditioned. When Morrisons had them at a quid a bottle I got three dozen.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:36 - Apr 2 with 2896 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:27 - Apr 2 by DaleiLama

I most certainly did. It's a nice drop even though not bottle conditioned. When Morrisons had them at a quid a bottle I got three dozen.

Very apt for a totaliser thread!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:50 - Apr 2 with 2857 views49thseason

Are there 100 businesses in Rochdale that will buy 10 season tickets at £110 each? If there are, then Russ only needs to be selling to 1 or 2 companies a day to get another 1000 STs sold. Who knows, Crown Oil might buy them as an incentive to their local customers? Then take a look at all the advertisers in the programme and around the ground and add on places like JD sports on Kingsway and the whole thing becomes much more possible.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 08:54 - Apr 3 with 2652 viewsDaleiLama

Found the ownership reference I alluded to previously.

The club’s annual return made up to the 14th June 2016 and submitted to Companies House declared that Rochdale Association Football Club Limited had 337 shareholders registered.

A.S.A Kilpatrick holds 22.5 of the shares. There are no other individuals holding more than 10%.

Read more at http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/ownership/index.aspx#Lj2EBT7QLWXaqap4.99

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:12 - Apr 3 with 2634 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:50 - Apr 2 by 49thseason

Are there 100 businesses in Rochdale that will buy 10 season tickets at £110 each? If there are, then Russ only needs to be selling to 1 or 2 companies a day to get another 1000 STs sold. Who knows, Crown Oil might buy them as an incentive to their local customers? Then take a look at all the advertisers in the programme and around the ground and add on places like JD sports on Kingsway and the whole thing becomes much more possible.

This season ticket initiative is the best thing to come out of the Club in years. At last we have a guy in Russ Green who realises the importance of trying to make football at Spotland affordable for everybody. No longer can supporters (I've been one of the loudest) trot out the line ' the club just pay the problem lip service and are not pro-active'. Maybe those inside the boardroom didn't think the Club was financially stable enough to take a gamble in the past regarding slashing season ticket prices so they can be cut some slack in that respect.

Anyway, one thing that immediately jumped out at me when I saw the new ST initiative and the need to invest a 50 pound deposit was a realisation that irrespective of how many Season Tickets are sold nobody will be paying last seasons prices, i think that's a pretty obvious conclusion. There is a plan behind this which in all probability will already have a worst case scenario 'final price' already set in stone, maybe 200 pounds for an adult but that's just a guess. Why would anybody at the Club want to take 50 pounds off fans and give them nothing back in return because they can't afford the final price? It's just not going to happen,it would scupper any other promotion down the line and cause too much bad feeling.

This isn't even a financial gamble, your 50 quid will just make your final payment easier, it's a win, win for the loyal fans. Like Col suggested , there will be tweaks and sweeteners regarding the initiative over the next couple of months but the bottom line is next season will be affordable for everybody so there really is no excuse to not pay your 50 quid at the earliest opportunity and do your bit in helping Russ keep the ball rolling. Anybody holding on to their deposit to see how the sales pan out isn't really buying into the plan, slap your money down now.

I also have no inside information about all of this but is seems pretty obvious to me, there's a plan behind the plan, and one which as loyal fans we will be happy with!!
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:44 - Apr 3 with 2577 viewsLS27Rdale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:12 - Apr 3 by TalkingSutty

This season ticket initiative is the best thing to come out of the Club in years. At last we have a guy in Russ Green who realises the importance of trying to make football at Spotland affordable for everybody. No longer can supporters (I've been one of the loudest) trot out the line ' the club just pay the problem lip service and are not pro-active'. Maybe those inside the boardroom didn't think the Club was financially stable enough to take a gamble in the past regarding slashing season ticket prices so they can be cut some slack in that respect.

Anyway, one thing that immediately jumped out at me when I saw the new ST initiative and the need to invest a 50 pound deposit was a realisation that irrespective of how many Season Tickets are sold nobody will be paying last seasons prices, i think that's a pretty obvious conclusion. There is a plan behind this which in all probability will already have a worst case scenario 'final price' already set in stone, maybe 200 pounds for an adult but that's just a guess. Why would anybody at the Club want to take 50 pounds off fans and give them nothing back in return because they can't afford the final price? It's just not going to happen,it would scupper any other promotion down the line and cause too much bad feeling.

This isn't even a financial gamble, your 50 quid will just make your final payment easier, it's a win, win for the loyal fans. Like Col suggested , there will be tweaks and sweeteners regarding the initiative over the next couple of months but the bottom line is next season will be affordable for everybody so there really is no excuse to not pay your 50 quid at the earliest opportunity and do your bit in helping Russ keep the ball rolling. Anybody holding on to their deposit to see how the sales pan out isn't really buying into the plan, slap your money down now.

I also have no inside information about all of this but is seems pretty obvious to me, there's a plan behind the plan, and one which as loyal fans we will be happy with!!

Best post ever IMHO......At least someone who is talking sense , with no agenda..

Take a bow
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:02 - Apr 3 with 2544 viewsDaleiLama

I was thinking about this, amongst other things, when I was driving home yesterday TS. The bottom threshold has to be hit by 21/6 - the club has stated that "If we fail to reach the 2,000 target, prices will remain the same as 2016/17 season ticket prices". It could happen but it shouldn't.

I was also pondering that we have fallen behind the pace vs 'Pool after we started from ST sales of 1800+ (this year) but in fact this number was inflated by the ~500 "test" half STs sold for the second half of this season. I guess (or wildly assume ) RG didn't do a half ST prior to the scheme at 'Pool, so we are actually coming from a very similar baseline of ~1300 ST holders who will pay to come regardless of the price.

The bottom line of this offer, as it stands now, is it should cost £110 - £250 to watch up to 23 games next year. If you live within easy travelling distance to the ground, can attend the majority of games and have any interest whatsoever in RAFC, you'd have to be daft not to buy into it. What this offer currently excludes is people who don't fit into that category. If (or more likely when) take-up stalls, the goalposts will surely be moved. If we want to catch all, we have to encompass all.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 10:17]

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:34 - Apr 3 with 2432 viewsD_Alien

As someone with no agenda other than to see the club I've supported for more than 50 years succeed both on the pitch, in the stands and anywhere else you could mention, that's a welcome post TS which emphasises what most of us have been saying

The ways and means are all-important, and it's good that you're able to add your well-known sense of realism to the debate. I'm sure you'd agree that whilst those fans who're going the extra mile by buying more than one ticket and distributing extras to others to help the cause are to be applauded, that won't bring the 4000 target within view

What's needed is serious and consistent marketing, and I agree with ATP when he posted that some people he knows in Heywood not having heard of the initiative means there's lots more to be done

Having the capacity to cast a critical eye over all things Dale and speak without fear or favour - whilst always having the best interests of the club at heart - sometimes requires a bit of bottle, or as DL might put it, to be bottle-conditioned

[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 11:37]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:43 - Apr 3 with 2194 views1mark1

Some on here are assuming that everyone who would want to, would be able to afford paying up to another £200 after their £50 non returnable deposit has been paid. Some of those might be able to justify losing £50, but others wouldn't.

I accept that £250 for up to 23 games would be brilliant value, if it could be afforded. However, not everyone can attend football matches, for various reasons including, work, family, health, etc.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:30 - Apr 3 with 2014 views1907

Club confirming now 500 have been sold
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:35 - Apr 3 with 1993 viewsTVOS1907

Good post, TS, which mirrors what the vast majority of fans on here and in person are saying.

Quite how that equates to people having an agenda, I'm not sure.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:37 - Apr 3 with 1992 viewsfermin

The comments on this thread suggest to me that Russ, Frances et al have got a hard task on their hands getting anywhere near 4000 let alone emulating Hartlepool unless they do have something up their sleeve.

If people (either those on here or known to people on here) who are interested enough in Dale to come to games occasionally do not want to or do not feel able to put down a deposit in the hope that others follow their example, then getting the even less committed will be almost impossible. Essential to get forms and information out to those attending tomorrow. A good performance and result from the team might also help persuade the waverers.

I hesitate to mention it given the stick Tonyroch got on here from some quarters, but I am also in the fortunate enough position to be able to buy more than one (2 at £200 for example would not be much more than I paid for one this season). It would not help boost attendances but it is something I would consider if we were struggling to meet one of the milestones.

I think 2500 would not be a bad result, but fingers crossed that my pessimism is misplaced and we get more.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:44 - Apr 3 with 1970 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:37 - Apr 3 by fermin

The comments on this thread suggest to me that Russ, Frances et al have got a hard task on their hands getting anywhere near 4000 let alone emulating Hartlepool unless they do have something up their sleeve.

If people (either those on here or known to people on here) who are interested enough in Dale to come to games occasionally do not want to or do not feel able to put down a deposit in the hope that others follow their example, then getting the even less committed will be almost impossible. Essential to get forms and information out to those attending tomorrow. A good performance and result from the team might also help persuade the waverers.

I hesitate to mention it given the stick Tonyroch got on here from some quarters, but I am also in the fortunate enough position to be able to buy more than one (2 at £200 for example would not be much more than I paid for one this season). It would not help boost attendances but it is something I would consider if we were struggling to meet one of the milestones.

I think 2500 would not be a bad result, but fingers crossed that my pessimism is misplaced and we get more.

And 11s & under tickets are now going to count towards the overall total, which will help.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:47 - Apr 3 with 1952 viewsdawlishdale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:44 - Apr 3 by TVOS1907

And 11s & under tickets are now going to count towards the overall total, which will help.

Where does it say that TVOS?
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:53 - Apr 3 with 1936 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:44 - Apr 3 by TVOS1907

First move of the goalposts and a welcome one.

As for agendas, has anyone got any other than to shift as many as possible? Folk may disagree on the best method, but surely everyone has the same goal in mind? Or that comment whooshed me?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:53 - Apr 3 with 1932 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:47 - Apr 3 by dawlishdale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:54 - Apr 3 with 1928 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:47 - Apr 3 by dawlishdale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:05 - Apr 3 with 1891 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:53 - Apr 3 by DaleiLama

First move of the goalposts and a welcome one.

As for agendas, has anyone got any other than to shift as many as possible? Folk may disagree on the best method, but surely everyone has the same goal in mind? Or that comment whooshed me?

Think it's whooshed everyone. This messageboard and the loyal supporters posting are fully behind the scheme and have a vital part to play. Something TS's post sums up perfectly.

The changed to the u11s now counting really does give this a major chance of succeeding. Fans can now pay £60 and all of a sudden double their contribution to hitting 4000. Great work by the club.

[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 18:08]

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:08 - Apr 3 with 1881 viewsboromat

I'm guessing the fact we're now counting u11s is how we've broken the 500 mark?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:16 - Apr 3 with 1836 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:08 - Apr 3 by boromat

This was tweeted around close of play on Friday. So another 100+ sold over the weekend some of which would also have been ulls

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:17 - Apr 3 with 1825 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:08 - Apr 3 by boromat

Why the face? We'd sold 350 that contributed under the old rules at the end of last week so the u11s helps a bit more but we were doing pretty well anyway.

500 after 8 days means we are at an average of 63 a day. Well above the required at the moment, and if a supporter who was thinking twice about paying £50 before now knows they can count as double by sticking down an extra tenner for a child, it'll reinvigorate sales further.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:26 - Apr 3 with 1796 viewsDorislove

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:17 - Apr 3 by 442Dale

Why the face? We'd sold 350 that contributed under the old rules at the end of last week so the u11s helps a bit more but we were doing pretty well anyway.

500 after 8 days means we are at an average of 63 a day. Well above the required at the moment, and if a supporter who was thinking twice about paying £50 before now knows they can count as double by sticking down an extra tenner for a child, it'll reinvigorate sales further.

Correct 442 just printed another out for my grandson.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:27 - Apr 3 with 1789 viewsColDale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:17 - Apr 3 by 442Dale

If all 500 went down and purchased seven kids tickets each, would we save money?
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:30 - Apr 3 with 1776 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:27 - Apr 3 by ColDale

If all 500 went down and purchased seven kids tickets each, would we save money?

What we really need right now is a maths teacher or two.

Think that 4000 barrier could be smashed on the back of this.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:30 - Apr 3 with 1776 viewssouthealingdale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:05 - Apr 3 by 442Dale

Think it's whooshed everyone. This messageboard and the loyal supporters posting are fully behind the scheme and have a vital part to play. Something TS's post sums up perfectly.

The changed to the u11s now counting really does give this a major chance of succeeding. Fans can now pay £60 and all of a sudden double their contribution to hitting 4000. Great work by the club.

[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 18:08]

Great initiative and the marketing on social media is great but that is preaching to the converted. The club needs to market this offer offline to get to the target.

Get businesses on board. Get down to the Wheatsheaf every week etc. etc.

Let's be clear. This will not fail. It will not be allowed to. The club need it to succeed and have the funds (post Hogan sell on) to bankroll it.

I do not think they will have to.

The lessons Russ learned at Hartlepool will be put into play.

I fully expect 4000 + sales.

I live in London and have supported Dale for 40 years and have never had a season ticket.
I will be getting 3 - 1 adult and 2 under 11s.

I don't promise to be at every game but I will be there more next season.

The evolvement of the club in then last 10 years or so has been nothing short of sensational. They deserve all the support they can get.

Amazing stuff going on at the club - http://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/7742/how-rochdales-academy-is-upstaging-t

@upthedale on Twitter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024