Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book 06:34 - Apr 22 with 3260 viewsRochdaleJambo

Hello All,

I briefly mentioned on a few other threads that I have recently purchased a season ticket for the 2017/18 season due to how much I have enjoyed my last couple of trips to Spotland. I also mentioned on a thread that I would really like to document the season and provide a somewhat outside perspective of the season to some of you seasoned supporters. With the 2017/18 season being the clubs 110th centenary year and League One looking like it may be one of the toughest of all time, I think this would be a great season to document the highs and lows in a book, that I hope, through one way or another I will be able to publish and release!

I hope to meet alot of you along the way on this journey and any ideas no matter how big or small
Is greatly received!

Onto my first away day today, let's hope it's a memorable one!

Cheers,
RochdaleJambo
I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 06:59 - Apr 22 with 3241 viewsnordenblue

Good work Jambo,there will be a few posters on here who can help you along the way too if needed I'm sure, I know we all moan (me more than most!!) about various things but this really is a special time for our club and hope you enjoy the ride.
I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 07:13 - Apr 22 with 3225 viewsCamdenDale

More power to your writing elbow lad. Love it!
I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 08:29 - Apr 22 with 3160 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 09:09 - Apr 22 with 3098 viewsTVOS1907

Have you investigated how to get such a book published?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 10:06 - Apr 22 with 3000 viewsD_Alien

Have you written anything for publication before RJ, or would this be a first?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 10:42 - Apr 22 with 2937 viewsjoecooke

Just reading this football book and can definately recommend it.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 10:52 - Apr 22 with 2918 viewsfitzochris

Will it be written as a book or a blog?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 15:19 - Apr 22 with 2746 viewsNinco

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 09:09 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

Have you investigated how to get such a book published?

It's harder than you think. I know someone who wrote a local history book and although it was of interest to people who live in Rochdale, the publisher was only really interested if it could sell nationwide and you wouldn't expect people outside Greater Manchester to want a book about Rochdale.

When that happens, the only option left is to self promote your own book. You would go to places like Tesco, WHSmith etc, and see if they would sell your book and how many copies they would sell. Again that is difficult as shops don't want loads of leftover copies that they can't sell. The publisher will print as many copies as you need, but there is hardly any profit as the printing costs and the mark up that the shops put on the book leaves you with hardly anything.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 17:50 - Apr 22 with 2687 viewsfitzochris

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 15:19 - Apr 22 by Ninco

It's harder than you think. I know someone who wrote a local history book and although it was of interest to people who live in Rochdale, the publisher was only really interested if it could sell nationwide and you wouldn't expect people outside Greater Manchester to want a book about Rochdale.

When that happens, the only option left is to self promote your own book. You would go to places like Tesco, WHSmith etc, and see if they would sell your book and how many copies they would sell. Again that is difficult as shops don't want loads of leftover copies that they can't sell. The publisher will print as many copies as you need, but there is hardly any profit as the printing costs and the mark up that the shops put on the book leaves you with hardly anything.

Or you can just publish on Kindle Direct Publishing with no overheads and 70% royalties.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 18:37]

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 17:56 - Apr 22 with 2670 viewsShun

I've gone down the Kindle self-publishing route on a few of the books I've written. Then it's just up to you to market it.
I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 18:02 - Apr 22 with 2664 viewsTVOS1907

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 15:19 - Apr 22 by Ninco

Let's hope Jambo has looked into all that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 22:37 - Apr 22 with 2551 viewsRochdaleJambo

Many thanks for all the replies.

I do have a plan in place regarding publishing.

After today, I'm extremely excited for next season to get underway, hopefully I can meet a few of you along the writing process.
I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 07:18 - Apr 29 with 2245 viewsfitzochris

I'm Writing a Rochdale AFC Book on 22:37 - Apr 22 by RochdaleJambo

Many thanks for all the replies.

I do have a plan in place regarding publishing.

After today, I'm extremely excited for next season to get underway, hopefully I can meet a few of you along the writing process.

Did you get a ticket for the Bradford game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024