Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread. Oldham 14:12 - Apr 22 with 21869 views442Dale

Logan, Rafferty, McGahey, McNulty, Bunney, Keane, Camps, Allen, NML,Henderson, Andrew.

Subs: Wilson, Lund, Vincenti, McDermott, Canavan, Rathbone, Cannon
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 14:15]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread. Oldham on 20:53 - Apr 22 with 3538 viewsscarrow

A couple of years ago I would have had Clarke in Dale's team. Personally now I think his best days are behind him, I was impressed with the lad playing alongside him who I thought played very well as did Fane in the middle.

Poll: Final position

Match thread. Oldham on 20:56 - Apr 22 with 3520 views442Dale

Match thread. Oldham on 20:39 - Apr 22 by nordenblue

Oldham I'm guessing will have also conceded many silly goals with him at centre half,while I agree we need to strengthen in his position there's better options than him around,Harrison again looked different class today

They've conceded less than all but three sides, even Sheff U have let in more. While he isn't the player we specifically need, to dismiss his abilities as a defensive organiser and captain would be unfair.

McGahey was my MOTM. Get that Clarke-sort in to assist and we will be selling him for big money.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread. Oldham on 21:17 - Apr 22 with 3422 viewspioneer

Anybody else feel what a treat it was to have a quality referee. Night and day compared to what we often have to put up with.
Match thread. Oldham on 22:16 - Apr 22 with 3216 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread. Oldham on 21:17 - Apr 22 by pioneer

Anybody else feel what a treat it was to have a quality referee. Night and day compared to what we often have to put up with.

No he was shit

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread. Oldham on 22:19 - Apr 22 with 3199 viewssweetcorn

Have you been back on the ket again?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread. Oldham on 22:28 - Apr 22 with 3163 viewsrochdaleriddler

Massive fail today, it should have been a massive win, but we pussied out like a bunch of hairy mints on the rag simultaneously

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread. Oldham on 22:35 - Apr 22 with 3137 viewsRochdaleJambo

Tough one take today, overall felt that we dominated the first half but took the foot off the gas come the second. Oldham were garbage minus a few dangerous crosses into the box.

Loved the atmosphere today and it's put me in the mood to get to more away games next season.

Regardless of a the overall standing this season, Rochdale can be immensely proud.
Match thread. Oldham on 22:45 - Apr 22 with 3107 viewsnordenblue

I'll have a pint of what you've supped?

Their number 8 booted out at Allen first half and the ref speaks to Allen,Vincenti gets nailed by 2 of them gets to his feet to receive a yellow card?
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread. Oldham on 22:52 - Apr 22 with 3072 viewsRochdaleJambo

Match thread. Oldham on 22:45 - Apr 22 by nordenblue

I'll have a pint of what you've supped?

Their number 8 booted out at Allen first half and the ref speaks to Allen,Vincenti gets nailed by 2 of them gets to his feet to receive a yellow card?

I thought he was awful too.

I'm sure they make decisions purely for a reaction sometimes.
Match thread. Oldham on 23:08 - Apr 22 with 2999 viewsdalenumber2

Match thread. Oldham on 20:56 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

They've conceded less than all but three sides, even Sheff U have let in more. While he isn't the player we specifically need, to dismiss his abilities as a defensive organiser and captain would be unfair.

McGahey was my MOTM. Get that Clarke-sort in to assist and we will be selling him for big money.

They have also scored fewest goals in Div 1 this season.
Match thread. Oldham on 23:50 - Apr 22 with 2872 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread. Oldham on 23:08 - Apr 22 by dalenumber2

They have also scored fewest goals in Div 1 this season.

That's hardly a knock on Clarke's defensive capabilities though? He's also contributed four goals to the total. Personally, I think he's one of those players that opposition supporters love to hate but wouldn't mind in their side. I don't understand Dale fans knocking him on here and in the next breath bemoaning the fact that we don't have a centre half who does the basics. Maybe I'm a 'dinosaur' in my football thinking but I like a defender who defends and is a leader, he'd do for me.
Match thread. Oldham on 00:01 - Apr 23 with 2853 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Peter Clarke is a quality player at this level. Ok he is past his best but he is similar to peter valentine in that respect. With him we would have let in 25% plus less goals. Problem is he will be on 200k plus a year. We have mcnulty and canavan who will be on half that between them.

Over half of league 2 clubs have bigger budgets than us. So we won't ever get a proven player. Last time I can recall was flounders and lee hodges who failed a bit / completely.

We have had a great season overall and tbh I gave up on play offs after Northampton late goal. Think we can replace Lund but finding a nml will be tough!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match thread. Oldham on 00:07 - Apr 23 with 2844 viewsrochedale

A little surprised with the negativity on here tonight. The formation today for me, I believe was our strongest, 4123, players playing in correct positions. Energy and enthusiasm was top notch and that was proved with the fact the we won most loose balls/50 50's. We certainly faded a little last 20 when we needed to go for it. PV brought nothing at all which was disappointing. JB was awesome when I've read on here he wasn't. Really enjoyed how we played, apart from last 20. Cant fault any player at all today. Still in the mix. If we had won and Southend and Millwall had won we would be in a worse position. Still no dead rubber. Great support also, well done all. Bring on Bradford, chin up all, they were no push-over and celebrated like they had won the world cup, which in itself gives us bragging rights!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match thread. Oldham on 01:26 - Apr 23 with 2787 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread. Oldham on 19:38 - Apr 22 by biffoboffo

Sorry, but that is awful.

Why does it bother you so much?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread. Oldham on 01:33 - Apr 23 with 2784 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread. Oldham on 22:28 - Apr 22 by rochdaleriddler

Massive fail today, it should have been a massive win, but we pussied out like a bunch of hairy mints on the rag simultaneously

Mints or bints?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread. Oldham on 10:30 - Apr 23 with 2471 viewsaleanddale

1-1 fair result.. On balance of 90 minutes.

Dale should have had the game wrapped up before PC headed goal.

Bunney Struggled today.. We will need to replace NML like for like for next season he will be a big miss.

Thought the away support today was top notch.. Every vocal - loud and some excellent new songs.
Match thread. Oldham on 10:36 - Apr 23 with 2456 viewsrkershaw

Match thread. Oldham on 10:30 - Apr 23 by aleanddale

1-1 fair result.. On balance of 90 minutes.

Dale should have had the game wrapped up before PC headed goal.

Bunney Struggled today.. We will need to replace NML like for like for next season he will be a big miss.

Thought the away support today was top notch.. Every vocal - loud and some excellent new songs.

I honestly thought that Bunney was one of our better players yesterday..... especially first half!!!
Match thread. Oldham on 10:56 - Apr 23 with 2422 views1907

Match thread. Oldham on 10:36 - Apr 23 by rkershaw

I honestly thought that Bunney was one of our better players yesterday..... especially first half!!!

Couldn't disagree more.

Their winger gave him the run around from the first minute until he came off. Not necessarily all of his fault, as we've seen before when Henderson plays in front of the fullback he doesn't but provide the best cover.
Match thread. Oldham on 14:42 - Apr 23 with 2255 viewsnordenblue

Match thread. Oldham on 10:56 - Apr 23 by 1907

Couldn't disagree more.

Their winger gave him the run around from the first minute until he came off. Not necessarily all of his fault, as we've seen before when Henderson plays in front of the fullback he doesn't but provide the best cover.

Funny you say that as Bunney skinned their left hand side countless times first half putting in some great crosses and was solid defensively, wasn't a fan when he played up front but he's different class at left full/wing back
Match thread. Oldham on 16:07 - Apr 23 with 2138 viewsrkershaw

Match thread. Oldham on 14:42 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

Funny you say that as Bunney skinned their left hand side countless times first half putting in some great crosses and was solid defensively, wasn't a fan when he played up front but he's different class at left full/wing back

1907....Are you Mark Kitching's father per chance?? You don't rate Calvin at LB nor JB......the latter was admittedly struggling with injury/formation second half but some of his play...... especially offensive and when doubling up defensively was as good as you'll see in this division.......get a grip man!!!!
Match thread. Oldham on 09:20 - Apr 24 with 1609 viewsMarpleAlty

I'll give my thoughts having attended the game with my old man...

Harrison is an absolute monster - how old is he? How he's considered anything other than a (very good) centre half I'm at a loss to say.
Bunney was great going forward, but in the same way PV was so effective in L2, he seems to have been found out by long diagonals as he's not the best in the air...?
Raff's great... at full back. The decision to move him to DM instead of bringing Lund on was probably the biggest factor in them equalising.
Keane was brilliant - from a distance my old man was asking who the lad was that looked (and played) like Mascherano. I assume he got injured.
McNulty was OK but there was one instance in the first half where he let the ball bounce and you were all getting anxious in the stand! If Hilly has aspirations of pushing the team on, he'll need a bit better than Jim.
I thought Allen struggled physically and should have been hooked after an hour for Rathbone... given Ollie was such a big part of the winning streak, how come he seems to be so out of favour at the moment? Genuine question.
Camps looked the part, very assured and mixes the footballing and the physical part of the game well enough. Good with that 'energetic' player alongside him.
Calvin had a great game and didn't let the pressure get to him at all. Swapping him for PV showed the gulf in quality between the pair of them.
Hendo relatively quiet by his standards, but I can see what he gives. Seems to get 'involved' with his opponents a lot, can see why he gets booked/sent off.
NML... wow. The first type he got on the ball he sent their defender for a hot dog and set up the goal. Shame he couldn't get on the ball more often.

The team started with a great balance to it, yet Hilly did his best to stifle any momentum with his substitutions. Definitely not his strong suit. The last 20 mins from Dale was like watching Alty with aimless long balls dealt with by Clarke all week. I was showing my frustration in the stand myself.

The referee was atrocious - the very definition of a 'homer'. Didn't give Dale a scrap all game. Seemed to wave on any Oldham discrepancies, and then blow for an identical Dale infringement a few seconds later.

Enjoyed the atmosphere, see you at Spotland at the weekend (I've given up on Alty for the remainder of this season...!)
Match thread. Oldham on 12:39 - Apr 24 with 1426 viewsVivaDonaldo

Match thread. Oldham on 09:20 - Apr 24 by MarpleAlty

I'll give my thoughts having attended the game with my old man...

Harrison is an absolute monster - how old is he? How he's considered anything other than a (very good) centre half I'm at a loss to say.
Bunney was great going forward, but in the same way PV was so effective in L2, he seems to have been found out by long diagonals as he's not the best in the air...?
Raff's great... at full back. The decision to move him to DM instead of bringing Lund on was probably the biggest factor in them equalising.
Keane was brilliant - from a distance my old man was asking who the lad was that looked (and played) like Mascherano. I assume he got injured.
McNulty was OK but there was one instance in the first half where he let the ball bounce and you were all getting anxious in the stand! If Hilly has aspirations of pushing the team on, he'll need a bit better than Jim.
I thought Allen struggled physically and should have been hooked after an hour for Rathbone... given Ollie was such a big part of the winning streak, how come he seems to be so out of favour at the moment? Genuine question.
Camps looked the part, very assured and mixes the footballing and the physical part of the game well enough. Good with that 'energetic' player alongside him.
Calvin had a great game and didn't let the pressure get to him at all. Swapping him for PV showed the gulf in quality between the pair of them.
Hendo relatively quiet by his standards, but I can see what he gives. Seems to get 'involved' with his opponents a lot, can see why he gets booked/sent off.
NML... wow. The first type he got on the ball he sent their defender for a hot dog and set up the goal. Shame he couldn't get on the ball more often.

The team started with a great balance to it, yet Hilly did his best to stifle any momentum with his substitutions. Definitely not his strong suit. The last 20 mins from Dale was like watching Alty with aimless long balls dealt with by Clarke all week. I was showing my frustration in the stand myself.

The referee was atrocious - the very definition of a 'homer'. Didn't give Dale a scrap all game. Seemed to wave on any Oldham discrepancies, and then blow for an identical Dale infringement a few seconds later.

Enjoyed the atmosphere, see you at Spotland at the weekend (I've given up on Alty for the remainder of this season...!)

Why are people still bemoaning Hilly's substitutions?

Keane was injured and needed to be replaced. (Can understand people saying it potentially should have been Lund but given Lund is likely off to pastures new and Raff has played well in that role before a justifiable and understandable switch)

Bunney was getting murdered on his side of the pitch. The switch by Shridan to push McLaughlin up, who prior to that had been doing a great job of doubling up on Bunney with Green, put Bunney under all kinds of pressure and I still dont think he is fully match fit.

Calvin was feeling his groin, had put a shift in full game and like it or not, when chasing a game the easiest way to get the ball up the pitch is to try and hit a target man. PV had to be the like for like replacement, although he could have done better.

Two enforced substitutions and the Bunney one was the correct decision to make from a tactical point of view in my opinion.

Now lets pull ourselves together, stop being overly critical (in hindsight) of the manager and get on with preparing for a huge game against Bradford. Lets try and drag extra people along to pack the COA out and praise this team for what still has the potential to be our best ever season in this league.
Match thread. Oldham on 14:08 - Apr 24 with 1290 views1907

Match thread. Oldham on 16:07 - Apr 23 by rkershaw

1907....Are you Mark Kitching's father per chance?? You don't rate Calvin at LB nor JB......the latter was admittedly struggling with injury/formation second half but some of his play...... especially offensive and when doubling up defensively was as good as you'll see in this division.......get a grip man!!!!

Not once have I said I don't rate Bunney at LB so don't put words in my mouth.

On Saturday he was out muscled countless times throughout the game and as I stated earlier, was being run ragged down their right hand side pretty much all of the game. Saturday required a more physical presence than what Bunney is capable of, that isn't a criticism it's a fact.
Match thread. Oldham on 15:02 - Apr 24 with 1189 viewsMarpleAlty

Match thread. Oldham on 12:39 - Apr 24 by VivaDonaldo

Why are people still bemoaning Hilly's substitutions?

Keane was injured and needed to be replaced. (Can understand people saying it potentially should have been Lund but given Lund is likely off to pastures new and Raff has played well in that role before a justifiable and understandable switch)

Bunney was getting murdered on his side of the pitch. The switch by Shridan to push McLaughlin up, who prior to that had been doing a great job of doubling up on Bunney with Green, put Bunney under all kinds of pressure and I still dont think he is fully match fit.

Calvin was feeling his groin, had put a shift in full game and like it or not, when chasing a game the easiest way to get the ball up the pitch is to try and hit a target man. PV had to be the like for like replacement, although he could have done better.

Two enforced substitutions and the Bunney one was the correct decision to make from a tactical point of view in my opinion.

Now lets pull ourselves together, stop being overly critical (in hindsight) of the manager and get on with preparing for a huge game against Bradford. Lets try and drag extra people along to pack the COA out and praise this team for what still has the potential to be our best ever season in this league.

Quick suggestion: would it have been silly to move McNulty over to LB and bring Canavan on? It seemed to be an aerial bombardment more than anything - something Jim would have coped with better?

It terms of bringing Keane off, what about bringing Cannon on there and leaving Raff where he was?
Match thread. Oldham on 15:27 - Apr 24 with 1147 viewsVivaDonaldo

Match thread. Oldham on 15:02 - Apr 24 by MarpleAlty

Quick suggestion: would it have been silly to move McNulty over to LB and bring Canavan on? It seemed to be an aerial bombardment more than anything - something Jim would have coped with better?

It terms of bringing Keane off, what about bringing Cannon on there and leaving Raff where he was?

I wouldn't call it silly but I didn't think that Bunney wasn't being challenged often in the air at that stage in the game. I thought he was being beaten for pace which isn't something Jim has in abundance and moving Jim there would arguably just put him in the same position. Putting somebody young and energetic in Cannon, I felt, was the right decision.

Raff has more experience in playing the shield role than Cannon but I would recognise that potentially Lund or Camps could play that role and that could have been a viable swap, but I would refer to my point before about Lund more than likely being off.

When you look back at their goal, the ball in was great and Calvin, who had done a fantastic job of man marking Clarke in the first half and clearing corners, just didn't time his jump right. Just one of those things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024