Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread. Oldham 14:12 - Apr 22 with 21884 views442Dale

Logan, Rafferty, McGahey, McNulty, Bunney, Keane, Camps, Allen, NML,Henderson, Andrew.

Subs: Wilson, Lund, Vincenti, McDermott, Canavan, Rathbone, Cannon
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 14:15]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread. Oldham on 17:24 - Apr 22 with 2873 viewsisitme

Keane went off injured. I agree that Vincenti did not add anything. We always needed a second and should have got one in the first half when we were on top.

We live to fight another day.
Match thread. Oldham on 17:25 - Apr 22 with 2862 viewsbiffoboffo

Match thread. Oldham on 17:21 - Apr 22 by sweetcorn

Stfu

Game of two halves. We were truly awful first half. Your were poor second half. Once Shez sorted out formation we were never really in any more trouble.

Good luck next week.

Ps. Told you the pies are nice!

(Oops, didn't mean to quote that post sorry)
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 17:26]
Match thread. Oldham on 17:27 - Apr 22 with 2824 viewsfrenzied

Several heat of the moment comments I think

We are still in it..need Vale to win at Walsall to focus Bury for next sunday.

Another 90min squeaky bum time next sunday...Southend draw,Millwall draw..we win..job done..simples
Match thread. Oldham on 17:30 - Apr 22 with 2791 views1mark1

Match thread. Oldham on 17:05 - Apr 22 by Dale23years

Putting Raff in midfield and leaving Lund on bench taking Andrews off surely he could manage last 10 mins.

STILL WANT TO KNOW WHY KEANE CAME OFF HE CONTROLLED THE MIDFIELD ABSOLUTELY FUMING WITH THAT SUB

SORRY KEITH YOU AND YOU ONLY COST US OUR PLAYOFF PLACE SOME OF YOUR CHOICES AND LOANS SIGNINGS WERE CRAP AND POOR MANAGEMENT. THE BUCK STOPS WITH YOUV
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 17:10]

But the buck stops with him for all of our success and failures then? Of course he will make mistakes as will the players, but it's obvious that KH, the coaches and players get more right than wrong, hence why a club with League 2 infrastructure is going to finish in the top ten of League one after getting to the fourth round of the FA Cup as well, and why along with support of the directors Dale have the third best academy out of 92 Clubs.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 17:33]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match thread. Oldham on 17:33 - Apr 22 with 2755 viewssouthealingdale

Who failed to mark Clarke effectively for their goal?

@upthedale on Twitter

Match thread. Oldham on 17:35 - Apr 22 with 2738 views1907

The decision to disturb the backline to accommodate Raff in midfield instead of bringing Lund on was mind boggling.

Bunney had a shocker and should have been pulled for Cannon right after half time.

Bringing Andrew off for Vincenti was a ridiculous decision.

That second half performance was really, really poor. The defending from the goal was childlike. What an opportunity missed.

We need to forget about today as quickly as possible and do the business next week and pray that the football gods owe us a favour.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 18:05]
Match thread. Oldham on 17:40 - Apr 22 with 2685 viewsmightydale

Putting Raff in midfield and leaving Lund on bench taking Andrews off surely he could manage last 10 mins.

STILL WANT TO KNOW WHY KEANE CAME OFF HE CONTROLLED THE MIDFIELD ABSOLUTELY FUMING WITH THAT SUB

SORRY KEITH YOU AND YOU ONLY COST US OUR PLAYOFF PLACE SOME OF YOUR CHOICES AND LOANS SIGNINGS WERE CRAP AND POOR MANAGEMENT. THE BUCK STOPS WITH YOUV

WOW really !!!

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match thread. Oldham on 17:46 - Apr 22 with 2596 viewsCanaDale

Im curious how many goals we have scored in the 90+min, compared to those conceeded in the same time. I was begging for karma once it got to injury time, wasnt to be.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread. Oldham on 17:46 - Apr 22 with 2596 viewsDaley_Lama

Thought we were more than a goal better than Oldham in the first half and aside from a header wide in the second half, they had created nothing of note.

Then it went end to end and we looked as likely to score as they did.

Their goal reminded me of the one at Sheff U many games ago, totally un-marked from a daft free-kick.

After that and the subs, we went ridiculously long ball and they coped easily with us.

NML chance was the best of what we gave, but Oldham looked the more likely to score towards the end.

Bunney didn't have a great afternoon but that was because their lad was excellent and they often doubled up offensively on him.

Agree the formation change by Oldham after HT stymied our midfield play somewhat.

Had that been the 5th game of the season I suspect we would have won it as even on that showing we were better than them for most of the game.

Clarke - cracking header for his goal, was right to be miffed when Peter V hauled him down and got booked, didn't see the Hendo stuff but definitely his day today.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread. Oldham on 17:52 - Apr 22 with 2506 viewsShun

Entertaining game and an absolutely brilliant atmosphere. The ten or so minutes between when we learnt that Southend were losing and Oldham equalised were spine-tingling. Brilliant.

We played really well in the first half and should've scored more while we were on top. NML, Henderson, and Andrew were all excellent throughout. The latter of those was having a fantastic game so I was so disappointed to see him go off, even more so when Vincenti's only impact was to commit a few fouls. That was a really poor substitute appearance from Vincenti. NML was the player we've become used to over the past few weeks, I'm going to miss him next season! One of the most exciting players I've ever seen.

Overall we've made up ground on our playoff rivals but we have the toughest match of the three of us next week. Surely they can't both lose for the third match running? This season's been highly frustrating at times but, in an era where there've been so so few meaningless games, I can't actually remember going into the final game of the season with this much riding on it.
Match thread. Oldham on 17:54 - Apr 22 with 2485 viewsCanaDale

Match thread. Oldham on 17:52 - Apr 22 by Shun

Entertaining game and an absolutely brilliant atmosphere. The ten or so minutes between when we learnt that Southend were losing and Oldham equalised were spine-tingling. Brilliant.

We played really well in the first half and should've scored more while we were on top. NML, Henderson, and Andrew were all excellent throughout. The latter of those was having a fantastic game so I was so disappointed to see him go off, even more so when Vincenti's only impact was to commit a few fouls. That was a really poor substitute appearance from Vincenti. NML was the player we've become used to over the past few weeks, I'm going to miss him next season! One of the most exciting players I've ever seen.

Overall we've made up ground on our playoff rivals but we have the toughest match of the three of us next week. Surely they can't both lose for the third match running? This season's been highly frustrating at times but, in an era where there've been so so few meaningless games, I can't actually remember going into the final game of the season with this much riding on it.

If we win and they both draw, that will be enough, simple as that :p
Match thread. Oldham on 17:56 - Apr 22 with 2465 viewsDaley_Lama

If we win and the other two don't win (draws are fine) then we get 6th.
If we don't win, it makes no difference

That's the simple maths.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread. Oldham on 17:58 - Apr 22 with 2445 viewssouthealingdale

With a more reliable defence we would have made the play offs comfortably.
Also think we are a striker short. I like Andrew but he just doesn't score enough.

Midfield options fine.

@upthedale on Twitter

Match thread. Oldham on 17:59 - Apr 22 with 2431 viewsdawlishdale

Proverbial game of two halves.

Dale dominated the first half, and should really have had more than one goal to show for their efforts. Calvin ran himself silly, which (imho) ultimately cost us because he was subbed when knackered, allowing Oldham to press time after time. Still my MOM though.

Keane played very well in the first half, but looked to have picked up a knock, otherwise there really was no reason to sub him.

NML only in the game in patches, but oh so effective when he did enter play. Made the goal for Camps.

Our midfield played really well in the first half...second half less so.

Awful defending (how many times have we switched off when defending set pieces?) for their goal... Clarke looked to be completely unmarked from a stupidly conceeded free kick.

Vincenti is nowhere near the player he was, and I'm fed up with his petulance now. He is supposed to be an educated man, yet behaves like a thug on the pitch, probably due to frustration at his own shortcomings.

A point just about right for both teams... had we really gone for it in the first half, we would probably have won.

And huge laughs at the end when the obese Biffo waddled onto the pitch, and then ran away as the steward confronted him. What a tosser.
Match thread. Oldham on 18:07 - Apr 22 with 2351 views1907

Andrew won everything down the middle during the first half, second half for some reason he was playing right wing and Henderson central who won nothing in the air.
Match thread. Oldham on 18:12 - Apr 22 with 2295 viewsmidlandsdale

You do wonder after such a positive first half with everyone seemingly in the right positions, and when we should/could have been 3 up it all changes. I know Oldham changed things but so did Hill, in a very confusing way!!
Match thread. Oldham on 18:13 - Apr 22 with 2286 viewsnordenblue

Match thread. Oldham on 17:46 - Apr 22 by Daley_Lama

Thought we were more than a goal better than Oldham in the first half and aside from a header wide in the second half, they had created nothing of note.

Then it went end to end and we looked as likely to score as they did.

Their goal reminded me of the one at Sheff U many games ago, totally un-marked from a daft free-kick.

After that and the subs, we went ridiculously long ball and they coped easily with us.

NML chance was the best of what we gave, but Oldham looked the more likely to score towards the end.

Bunney didn't have a great afternoon but that was because their lad was excellent and they often doubled up offensively on him.

Agree the formation change by Oldham after HT stymied our midfield play somewhat.

Had that been the 5th game of the season I suspect we would have won it as even on that showing we were better than them for most of the game.

Clarke - cracking header for his goal, was right to be miffed when Peter V hauled him down and got booked, didn't see the Hendo stuff but definitely his day today.

Clarke is a bell end of the tallest order,he's made a career out of fouling anybody within reach then cry like a baby to the ref when it's the other way....
Match thread. Oldham on 18:15 - Apr 22 with 2253 viewsbiffoboffo

Match thread. Oldham on 18:13 - Apr 22 by nordenblue

Clarke is a bell end of the tallest order,he's made a career out of fouling anybody within reach then cry like a baby to the ref when it's the other way....

That's just sour grapes. Incredible defender and leader. You'd have him in a heart beat.
Match thread. Oldham on 18:20 - Apr 22 with 2159 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread. Oldham on 18:15 - Apr 22 by biffoboffo

That's just sour grapes. Incredible defender and leader. You'd have him in a heart beat.

I commented during the game that he's exactly the sort of centre-half we need.

But nordenblue's description is spot on and has been based on watching him play against us for several other clubs down the years.

Even Richie Wellens, on Radio Manchester, said he seemed to want to fight with anyone close by in the final ten minutes.

None of this excuses what Calvin did in October, however, so your sour grapes comment is way off the mark.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread. Oldham on 18:25 - Apr 22 with 2087 viewssouthealingdale

Twitter messages from club say Bunney, Andrew, Keane all had to go off injured.

@upthedale on Twitter

Match thread. Oldham on 18:31 - Apr 22 with 2030 viewsLuke8686

Any word on how many we took?
Match thread. Oldham on 18:33 - Apr 22 with 2018 viewsCamdenDale

Bit hard to take I suppose, having been one up. But Oldham away in 17, no team has got that much change out of them.

We're still in this and have the best set up for next season in any event. Stadium bought, best manager we've ever had, youth system rightly lauded, exciting ST deal.

Lund looks most likely gone, which is massive, but midfield options are decent. Be good to make him and NML a decent offer to stay though...

Wheels fallen off Southend and Millwall. And we can beat Bradford at home, hopefully with a decent following and with £50 to invest, esp now capped at £250.

There's not much wrong is there?
Match thread. Oldham on 18:34 - Apr 22 with 2002 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread. Oldham on 17:52 - Apr 22 by Shun

Southend and Millwall both need to win! A draw or loss for either or both and we overtake them with a win

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread. Oldham on 18:34 - Apr 22 with 1997 viewsDaleiLama

You came across as Dale 23 months old withthat rant.
Great atmosphere and the buzz of Southend going behind and the door creaking open was immense.
But the game turned out to be a metaphor for our season. So near, but probably so far. We just can't consistently score enough goals to make up for our porous defence. We have scored well this season but we needed to convert more of those 1st half chances. How would it have felt walking away from there with three points in the bag. Oh well, back to real life.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread. Oldham on 18:34 - Apr 22 with 1995 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread. Oldham on 18:31 - Apr 22 by Luke8686

Any word on how many we took?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024