Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play off dates confirmed......... 23:36 - Apr 23 with 2095 viewsdingdangblue

For Southend or Millwall..........obviously it won't be us

http://mobile.efl.com//news/article/2016/sky-bet-play-offs-full-schedule-announc

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Play off dates confirmed......... on 01:42 - Apr 24 with 2034 viewsSandyman

First leg of play-offs clashes with Rochdale AFC AGM
Play off dates confirmed......... on 14:26 - Apr 24 with 1572 viewsdingdangblue

With it being Sunday final fixtures and 1st play off game 4 days later Bradford are very likely to rest key players.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Play off dates confirmed......... on 17:19 - Apr 24 with 1426 views442Dale

Play off dates confirmed......... on 14:26 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

With it being Sunday final fixtures and 1st play off game 4 days later Bradford are very likely to rest key players.

Even if it cost them home advantage in the second leg?

What they may have is a plan to sub players once scores come in from elsewhere.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Play off dates confirmed......... on 14:14 - Apr 25 with 1153 viewsBendy

Play off dates confirmed......... on 17:19 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

Even if it cost them home advantage in the second leg?

What they may have is a plan to sub players once scores come in from elsewhere.

I'm not really sure that there is much advantage of the second leg being at home. Yes, it is nice and can help with the crowd in the most critical stage of the tie but it can equally be argued that the first leg at home and try and get the lead to take away and use as a security buffer for the second leg is not that bad.

Unless I am mistaken or things have changed the EFL do not use away goals in their competitions so it means that a team winning away in the first leg (say, 2-0) doesn't nearly kill the tie off with a single home goal in the second leg.

There is still a small advantage I agree, but I don't think it is massive and one which you would battle to get at the risk of player fatigue
Play off dates confirmed......... on 15:13 - Apr 25 with 1084 viewsdingdangblue

Play off dates confirmed......... on 14:14 - Apr 25 by Bendy

I'm not really sure that there is much advantage of the second leg being at home. Yes, it is nice and can help with the crowd in the most critical stage of the tie but it can equally be argued that the first leg at home and try and get the lead to take away and use as a security buffer for the second leg is not that bad.

Unless I am mistaken or things have changed the EFL do not use away goals in their competitions so it means that a team winning away in the first leg (say, 2-0) doesn't nearly kill the tie off with a single home goal in the second leg.

There is still a small advantage I agree, but I don't think it is massive and one which you would battle to get at the risk of player fatigue

Barnsley finished 6th last season and won their 1st leg at home 3-0. Certainly being at home can be an advantage whether its 1st or 2nd leg. Our previous home game 1st leg in the playoffs v Gillingham was the total opposite - we were far too cagey and cautious and didn't go for it. Hopefully if we make it this time Hill will learn from this.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024