Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans 16:35 - Apr 24 with 2148 viewsShun

Sheffield United are rumoured to be after him again. Potentially a good move for them - let another club be the first to sign him after his release from prison and take all the flack, then sign him when the public's furore has lessened somewhat. Although, he's only scored 1 league goal since August, and I'm not sure how much he's been playing.
Ched Evans on 16:46 - Apr 24 with 2109 viewsjudd

He just plays away

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ched Evans on 16:56 - Apr 24 with 2070 viewswatford_dale

Don't think the stats are lying there, 1 goal since August in division 1. He seemed to be short of a yard of pace and now that Sheff U are in the championship I can't see them and more importantly Wilder going for him.

Stranger things have happened though.
Ched Evans on 17:49 - Apr 24 with 1978 viewscumbria_dale

Can't really see why they need him. Billy Sharp is a Championship level striker and with Done, Clarke and Hanson all capable of playing at that level too if required. I'd have expected them to sign a more proven striker, maybe one from the teams heading the opposite direction. Will Grigg or Danny Graham maybe.

Hopefully it pushes Done down the pecking order and Keith comes a knocking this summer.
Ched Evans on 18:05 - Apr 24 with 1926 viewsColDale

Ched Evans on 17:49 - Apr 24 by cumbria_dale

Can't really see why they need him. Billy Sharp is a Championship level striker and with Done, Clarke and Hanson all capable of playing at that level too if required. I'd have expected them to sign a more proven striker, maybe one from the teams heading the opposite direction. Will Grigg or Danny Graham maybe.

Hopefully it pushes Done down the pecking order and Keith comes a knocking this summer.

If they were to sign Evans, they must have more money than sense. From purely a footballing point of view, it's one helluva risk to pay that sort of sum for someone based on what they did 5/6 years ago.

Changing tact, I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a loan move for Hanson late in August. From the moment they signed him, he looked a short term signing for League 1 only, and unlikely to do it or be given the opportunity to do it in the Championship. If he's not got any game time by the end of August, might be worth making an enquiry.
Ched Evans on 19:01 - Apr 24 with 1827 viewsNinco

Did they end his contract when he got sent down, or did it expire? If he was still under contract, and they effectively sacked him, then he was found not guilty, he could potentially sue them, so maybe the contract is a sweetener to avoid a tribunal.
Ched Evans on 19:10 - Apr 24 with 1793 viewsRoChDaLe

Ched Evans on 19:01 - Apr 24 by Ninco

Did they end his contract when he got sent down, or did it expire? If he was still under contract, and they effectively sacked him, then he was found not guilty, he could potentially sue them, so maybe the contract is a sweetener to avoid a tribunal.

£500,000 fee plus his wages sounds like much more than what they'd be paying him in a potential law suit.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Ched Evans on 22:18 - Apr 24 with 1565 viewsD_Dale

To judge from the local paper, Blades' fans are not very keen. I've pasted the following comment in part for the implication that a transfer fee of half a million is no big deal (but then Sheff U paid a reported £3m for him in 2009, before cancelling his contract in 2012).

I'm not happy! Disregarding the baggage that Evans now drags around with him, no matter what he does at Bramall Lane, every reporter will start their stories by mentioning his court case for years to come.

It's a hell of a gamble, even for £500,000?

I also think back to his previous time as a Championship player with us & Norwich, 67 games, 23 goals. Hardly set the division alight back then & now he's approaching 29 he's had a poor, injury disrupted season. Yes, the Blades will have to build to move to the next level to ensure they cam compeat in the Championship but I just can't see what benefit Evans will bring.

A colleague I work with is a Chesterfield fan & he told me that it was, allegedly, common knowledge that part of Evans' salary was paid for by his father in law taking out advertising at the Proact Stadium? Wonder if we've come to the same arrangement?

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/chesterfield-striker-che
Ched Evans on 04:56 - Apr 25 with 1419 viewsrichfoad32

Ched Evans on 22:18 - Apr 24 by D_Dale

To judge from the local paper, Blades' fans are not very keen. I've pasted the following comment in part for the implication that a transfer fee of half a million is no big deal (but then Sheff U paid a reported £3m for him in 2009, before cancelling his contract in 2012).

I'm not happy! Disregarding the baggage that Evans now drags around with him, no matter what he does at Bramall Lane, every reporter will start their stories by mentioning his court case for years to come.

It's a hell of a gamble, even for £500,000?

I also think back to his previous time as a Championship player with us & Norwich, 67 games, 23 goals. Hardly set the division alight back then & now he's approaching 29 he's had a poor, injury disrupted season. Yes, the Blades will have to build to move to the next level to ensure they cam compeat in the Championship but I just can't see what benefit Evans will bring.

A colleague I work with is a Chesterfield fan & he told me that it was, allegedly, common knowledge that part of Evans' salary was paid for by his father in law taking out advertising at the Proact Stadium? Wonder if we've come to the same arrangement?

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/chesterfield-striker-che

I don't know what his all round play was like but 23 goals in 67 games as a Championship player seems pretty good to me?
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans on 12:06 - Apr 25 with 1200 viewsrochdaleriddler

According to the times, the deal will go through this week, he has had a heel injury all year, which has hampered his form

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024