Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Player 19:03 - Apr 24 with 2074 viewsNinco

Had an email telling me that Dale Player has been taken over by someone else and from June, the new company will be running it. Hopefully the quality will improve, but sounds like they will only be offering one package of £5 per month by Direct Debit. I preferred paying annually to get it out of the way.
Dale Player on 19:09 - Apr 24 with 2044 viewsRoChDaLe

Business wise it'd make no sense to not offer a full 12 month payment option so highly doubt it'll only be per month payment plans available.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Dale Player on 19:18 - Apr 24 with 2014 viewsNinco

Dale Player on 19:09 - Apr 24 by RoChDaLe

Business wise it'd make no sense to not offer a full 12 month payment option so highly doubt it'll only be per month payment plans available.

That's what they said in the email...

' At the anniversary date of your initial payment, your subscription will end. At this point you will need to purchase a new iFollow package, the format of which will differ from the traditional Annual membership that you have subscribed to until now'.
Dale Player on 20:11 - Apr 24 with 1901 viewsNewbury_Dale

Can the club opt out of this ? It surely cannot generate that much income.

I wonder if offering better quality, more extensive content for free can actually help market the club to a wider online audience ?
Dale Player on 21:36 - Apr 24 with 1797 viewsNinco

Dale Player on 20:11 - Apr 24 by Newbury_Dale

Can the club opt out of this ? It surely cannot generate that much income.

I wonder if offering better quality, more extensive content for free can actually help market the club to a wider online audience ?

I've heard quite a few people saying they wont pay for Dale Player. Maybe if they did a free version funded by advertising they would sign up. Can't see the club making a great deal out of it as the company that owns the site will take a cut, then Dale have got the expense of employing someone to operate it and to travel around the country.
Dale Player on 17:59 - Apr 25 with 1466 viewsboromat

I've just received my email as well. Not sure I'll renew started going to quite a lot of away games. All will depend on the price and packages available. For me they're basically competing with people like Netflix and iTunes I doubt they'll manage to come up with something that represents as good a value as those services.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dale Player on 19:21 - May 3 with 1201 viewsToffeemanc

Dale Player on 19:18 - Apr 24 by Ninco

That's what they said in the email...

' At the anniversary date of your initial payment, your subscription will end. At this point you will need to purchase a new iFollow package, the format of which will differ from the traditional Annual membership that you have subscribed to until now'.

It would seem the new company are working in partnership with the EFL in a big way. Heaven knows how much Dale player will cost now if the latest announcement is anything to go by.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39797400

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Dale Player on 19:58 - May 3 with 1135 viewsboromat

Dale Player on 19:21 - May 3 by Toffeemanc

It would seem the new company are working in partnership with the EFL in a big way. Heaven knows how much Dale player will cost now if the latest announcement is anything to go by.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39797400

I think that announcement is pretty big especially if you can pay per game. The games I do miss are normally through being abroad I'd be willing to pay to watch those. And I should imagine those true Dale fans that live abroad will be seriously considering it. I remember the cup game this year was streamed on a few foreign channels to the delight of some of the Dale expats.

For us UK based fans not sure what the packages will look like price wise though.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024