Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Big Screen 17:14 - Apr 27 with 7179 viewsHendale

The club are currently looking to invest in a rotating screen which will provide advertising and enhance the match day experience. Another step in the right direction!

[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 17:15]
New Big Screen on 17:26 - Apr 27 with 5659 viewsYouTubeDale

I noticed Oldham had installed electronic advertising around the pitch. I wonder how the new big screen compares in cost and advertising revenue? I am presuming we see goals on the big screen as an added feature over the pitch-side advertising.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

New Big Screen on 17:38 - Apr 27 with 5619 viewsrochdaleriddler

Long overdue, let's hope we get it bought

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

New Big Screen on 18:33 - Apr 27 with 5439 viewsKenBoon

The club should pay for it. You're basically paying for a roadside led advertising board, which works Saturday's facing the pitch. If folk have got money to donate to this then pause and find a local charity who are far more deserving of your money. Good video though.
New Big Screen on 18:48 - Apr 27 with 5386 viewsMoonyDale

New Big Screen on 18:33 - Apr 27 by KenBoon

The club should pay for it. You're basically paying for a roadside led advertising board, which works Saturday's facing the pitch. If folk have got money to donate to this then pause and find a local charity who are far more deserving of your money. Good video though.

Am not sure where I stand on this, if the money it raises after installation is given to the gaffer to improve the squad or improve the wages paid to keep players at the club then I don't have a problem with crowdfunding to pay for it. As for the charity giving instead then I never give to big charities anyway, am not funding some charity chief exec to fart around in his or hers Merc whist a pittance goes to the people who need it. I prefer to give food to the local food bank or a small local charity who get overlooked.....It's an interesting idea but the raised funds would have to be going to the team as I said...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

New Big Screen on 19:04 - Apr 27 with 5316 views442Dale

The addition of the screen is a great idea, let's hope companies stump up to sponsor it. interested to see what it will look like.

Dull but true: The video on YouTube uses Peter Gabriel's 'Big Time', theme tune for Wrestlemania 22.

Also true: the video has a link to crowdfunder on it but not specifically to Dale's for this project.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Big Screen on 19:18 - Apr 27 with 5243 viewsShun

Really good idea, especially the roadside advertising bit, but why are we being asked to fund it?

It's fair to say we're quite financially healthy at the moment, and we rarely pay fees for players, so this is exactly the sort of thing I'd be expecting the club to use their extra money for.
New Big Screen on 19:24 - Apr 27 with 5221 viewsColDale

New Big Screen on 19:18 - Apr 27 by Shun

Really good idea, especially the roadside advertising bit, but why are we being asked to fund it?

It's fair to say we're quite financially healthy at the moment, and we rarely pay fees for players, so this is exactly the sort of thing I'd be expecting the club to use their extra money for.

I'd have thought that the hope would be that this would pay for itself over, say, a five year period, especially with the ability to advertise on the road (on the big assumption we get planning permission for it).
New Big Screen on 19:39 - Apr 27 with 5138 viewsSaxonDale

http://www.adi.tv/sales/markets/sport

At the top of that link there's a pic of how it looks at Norwich and I must say it is very impressive. I would have thought it would show match highlights but can't see anything in the description to suggest as such unless I've missed it.

I think it will be a worthwhile investment for the club if they can find the cash but completely agree with KenBoon about asking fans to pay for it. More chance of me donating for someone to go to an U21's tournament.
Login to get fewer ads

New Big Screen on 20:01 - Apr 27 with 5038 viewsnordenblue

Similar to asking fans to "volunteer" to do the jobs the club should have staff already in place to maintain,or put the jobs out to quote even for local businesses to get involved too,with it all being tax deductible anyway it's a no brainer
New Big Screen on 20:45 - Apr 27 with 4900 viewsPDIDDY

Haha, get the buckets out. 3 million off the hogan deal and your club is scrounging for a tv screen. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Gissa job

New Big Screen on 20:50 - Apr 27 with 4892 viewsD_Alien

New Big Screen on 20:01 - Apr 27 by nordenblue

Similar to asking fans to "volunteer" to do the jobs the club should have staff already in place to maintain,or put the jobs out to quote even for local businesses to get involved too,with it all being tax deductible anyway it's a no brainer

Indeed nb

A wasted (so far) opportunity to involve local tradesmen in helping rejuvenate the stadium to go with the football, with resulting publicity for both club and townsfolk

[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 20:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Big Screen on 21:00 - Apr 27 with 4823 viewsnordenblue

New Big Screen on 20:50 - Apr 27 by D_Alien

Indeed nb

A wasted (so far) opportunity to involve local tradesmen in helping rejuvenate the stadium to go with the football, with resulting publicity for both club and townsfolk

[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 20:52]

They could even offer a few incentives to keep the prices down,free season tickets for all accepted works, again rather than look at it as a cost to the club they should treat it as an opportunity.
New Big Screen on 21:55 - Apr 27 with 4696 viewsYouTubeDale

My suggestion would be to donate £100 if you can. For simple maths and affordability, if 1000 supporters put in £100 each and we drum up 80 donations of £100 from local businesses then we get there. I am already saving over £100 on my season ticket for next year so there is no increase in spend towards RAFC on a personal basis if I donate £100 here. This is the case for all main stand supporters paying the full adult price.

Many supporters will be vehemently against giving for this cause especially if the club has lots of money in it's coffers already. Other supporters can't afford £100.
Share the cost amongst many but by giving £100 we soon get there.

We would be giving for the benefit of many, for years to come.

I'm just trying to provide a relatively simple solution, not that it has to be this rigid, but it's this sort of broad brush approach that should make this mountain into a mere molehill.

Next...
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 21:57]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

New Big Screen on 22:13 - Apr 27 with 4621 viewsNigeriamark

Are we that healthy ( yes compared with other clubs ) I know we have had a windfall this season and another one a couple of years ago. However what about the dozens of years where we probably made losses. I must admit I have never checked our financial statements, but are we actually in the black as a club now?
New Big Screen on 22:26 - Apr 27 with 4553 viewsRochblue

Appears to be one of these...
http://www.adi.tv/epoch/
New Big Screen on 22:34 - Apr 27 with 4520 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Why the hell are they wanting donations to pay for this. Taking the Pi55 in a big way, buy it, get sponsorship, make money. Rarely do I criticise the board but this is just wrong. Will be asking for Plumbers, builders and P & Decs to fix the toilets next.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

New Big Screen on 23:44 - Apr 27 with 4398 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I don't think the Club are asking the fans to pay for it........just contributions (if they can afford it)

It should enhance the Match Experience......so why not help?

Presumably, once in situ, it should pay for itself......and raise loot thereafter,what's not to like? Even AccyStan have one.
New Big Screen on 08:16 - Apr 28 with 4148 views1907

New Big Screen on 20:01 - Apr 27 by nordenblue

Hang on a second. At the pre season Q&A a fan asked if the club if they would ask for volunteers round the ground during the close season as he and his friends were more than willing to muck in and help. Numerous other fans then also agreed that they would welcome this. The club are doing nothing other than what fans have asked.

May I please remind people that in the recent set of accounts we have just produced a loss of 400K. Yes next seasons will show some impetus from the Hogan sale, however that income will be staggered, one would assume, and there will be a significant tax bill to pay.

Do not kid yourselves that we are flush with cash, because we aren't. A couple of million pounds goes absolutely nowhere in professional football. If you can afford to donate then go ahead and do it, if you can't then don't complain about it.
New Big Screen on 09:01 - Apr 28 with 4043 viewsNewbury_Dale

Maybe its just me, but I think it's a bit rich asking fans to contribute to the cost of this at the same time as the season ticket push.
New Big Screen on 09:05 - Apr 28 with 4024 viewsSuddenLad

New Big Screen on 09:01 - Apr 28 by Newbury_Dale

Maybe its just me, but I think it's a bit rich asking fans to contribute to the cost of this at the same time as the season ticket push.

It's not compulsory. Do or don't.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New Big Screen on 09:15 - Apr 28 with 3989 viewsD_Alien

New Big Screen on 08:16 - Apr 28 by 1907

Hang on a second. At the pre season Q&A a fan asked if the club if they would ask for volunteers round the ground during the close season as he and his friends were more than willing to muck in and help. Numerous other fans then also agreed that they would welcome this. The club are doing nothing other than what fans have asked.

May I please remind people that in the recent set of accounts we have just produced a loss of 400K. Yes next seasons will show some impetus from the Hogan sale, however that income will be staggered, one would assume, and there will be a significant tax bill to pay.

Do not kid yourselves that we are flush with cash, because we aren't. A couple of million pounds goes absolutely nowhere in professional football. If you can afford to donate then go ahead and do it, if you can't then don't complain about it.

No-ones kidding anyone, but if you think the club can maintain or improve the infrastructure with volunteers, you're kidding yourself

It's great if volunteers wish to do odd jobs, and if people have spare cash they wish to donate towards other improvements then, as said, that's up to them. But as a strategy for bringing the COA up to basic standards of cleanliness, repair and renewal, it simply won't wash

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Big Screen on 09:43 - Apr 28 with 3918 viewsnordenblue

New Big Screen on 08:16 - Apr 28 by 1907

The basic needs and costs attached to a running business should be met by the company not it's customers,if people want to help feel free but to make an appeal is a touch rich...
New Big Screen on 10:43 - Apr 28 with 3793 viewswatford_dale

New Big Screen on 09:15 - Apr 28 by D_Alien

No-ones kidding anyone, but if you think the club can maintain or improve the infrastructure with volunteers, you're kidding yourself

It's great if volunteers wish to do odd jobs, and if people have spare cash they wish to donate towards other improvements then, as said, that's up to them. But as a strategy for bringing the COA up to basic standards of cleanliness, repair and renewal, it simply won't wash

Completely agree and how much match day income will it really generate for crowds of 2.5k?

If the club can't afford it then don't do it but to ask for funding in an economically depressed area is taking the proverbial.

Money raised so far £220 - that's 4 season ticket deposits.
New Big Screen on 11:21 - Apr 28 with 3709 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Not long ago a Tradesman offered to undertake work at San Spotty in exchange for Season Tickets.......surely that is a win-win situation for all........proper job done and no pecuniary loss to the Club

Where is said fellow???????????????????????
New Big Screen on 12:15 - Apr 28 with 3593 viewsdingdangblue

New Big Screen on 11:21 - Apr 28 by Yorkshire_Dale

Not long ago a Tradesman offered to undertake work at San Spotty in exchange for Season Tickets.......surely that is a win-win situation for all........proper job done and no pecuniary loss to the Club

Where is said fellow???????????????????????

Was it milly? Offered to clean the windows.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024