Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NML to Wigan ? 21:18 - Apr 27 with 6239 viewsSuddenLad

Wigan Athletic look to seal move for Rochdale winger - The72

http://the72.co.uk/79750/wigan-athletic-look-seal-move-rochdale-winger/

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

NML to Wigan ? on 22:00 - Apr 27 with 5235 viewsFrog

Can't imagine Barrow will be in charge next season so doubt it.
NML to Wigan ? on 22:09 - Apr 27 with 5178 viewsmacro

Like most of these click bait websites I’ll believe it when I see it.
NML to Wigan ? on 22:10 - Apr 27 with 5172 viewsTVOS1907

NML to Wigan ? on 22:00 - Apr 27 by Frog

Can't imagine Barrow will be in charge next season so doubt it.

Tbf, Barrow NOT being in charge there probably increases the chances of them signing him.

Barrow would have gone for Mark Bailey.

Or Gareth Stoker.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

NML to Wigan ? on 22:28 - Apr 27 with 5089 viewsShun

Heard a rumour like this a while ago, one that also concerned a few others we wouldn't like to see depart.
NML to Wigan ? on 22:29 - Apr 27 with 5084 viewsThacks_Rabbits

NML goes - Will Buckley comes back?

Would not shock me at all tbh.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

NML to Wigan ? on 22:30 - Apr 27 with 5077 viewsdingdangblue

Guess we'll just have to get promoted then!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

NML to Wigan ? on 22:36 - Apr 27 with 5049 viewsTVOS1907

NML to Wigan ? on 22:29 - Apr 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

NML goes - Will Buckley comes back?

Would not shock me at all tbh.

As good as Will Buckley has been in the past, I'm afraid his injury record in recent years is fairly appalling and it sadly seems his career is on a downward spiral.

He's made only 50 senior appearances in the last three campaigns.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

NML to Wigan ? on 22:39 - Apr 27 with 5035 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Guy I work with is a Millwall fan - he says after Sheffield we are best side he has seen - also says they are poor currently and sooner we get in play offs than Sarfend - Thats them nailed on to make it then!!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

NML to Wigan ? on 00:48 - Apr 28 with 4831 viewsDiddyDave

Not exactly a big step up for NML though is it? Wigan are going down and not likely to yo-yo back up again next season. If I were NML,I`d sign another twelve month deal at Dale,keep playing like he has been and who knows,maybe a Championship club will coming knocking on the door in the January transfer window offering real money and a chance to show what he can do against better opposition. Taking an extra few bob at another basket case club like Wigan has no long term advantages as far as I can see.
NML to Wigan ? on 00:58 - Apr 28 with 4829 viewsDaley_Lama

If NML (and for that matter Raff and Lund and any other player out of contract) don't resign for us next season (if offered a new contract) then the only thing fair to do is

1. Thank them for being part of our recent good times
2. Wish them luck in the future
3. Not give the slightest jot who they sign for, they are a free agent.

Point 3 is the key one for me. don't worry if it is Wigan, or Burnley, or Bognor.

Poll: DF in or out

NML to Wigan ? on 15:43 - Apr 28 with 4257 viewsDaleiLama

My head says retaining Raff and/or Lund (in that order) would contribute more to our future success, but the heart wants what the heart wants. NML is just great to watch and really gets the crowd into a game, not to mention his crosses, assists and goals. If I could only keep one, it would be NML. Time will tell.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NML to Wigan ? on 17:30 - Apr 28 with 4072 viewsoff2div1

Buckley was very disappointing at Leeds when he was fit
NML to Wigan ? on 17:43 - Apr 28 with 4031 viewsColDale

NML to Wigan ? on 15:43 - Apr 28 by DaleiLama

My head says retaining Raff and/or Lund (in that order) would contribute more to our future success, but the heart wants what the heart wants. NML is just great to watch and really gets the crowd into a game, not to mention his crosses, assists and goals. If I could only keep one, it would be NML. Time will tell.

Raff ahead of Lund every time for me. In League 1, Lund has started 12, 25, and 26 games in the past three seasons. Misses too many games for me to justify going all out for him. I'd be happy if he stayed but as Lama says, it'd be goodbye and good luck if he left.
NML to Wigan ? on 00:17 - May 2 with 3170 viewsShun

NML to Wigan ? on 22:28 - Apr 27 by Shun

Heard a rumour like this a while ago, one that also concerned a few others we wouldn't like to see depart.

The Wigan Chairman was in attendance on Sunday.
NML to Wigan ? on 09:14 - May 2 with 2825 viewswatford_dale

NML to Wigan ? on 17:43 - Apr 28 by ColDale

Raff ahead of Lund every time for me. In League 1, Lund has started 12, 25, and 26 games in the past three seasons. Misses too many games for me to justify going all out for him. I'd be happy if he stayed but as Lama says, it'd be goodbye and good luck if he left.

Raff for me to prevent Hilly from playing Henderson there.
NML to Wigan ? on 09:18 - May 2 with 2803 viewsDaleiLama

NML to Wigan ? on 09:14 - May 2 by watford_dale

Raff for me to prevent Hilly from playing Henderson there.

That's so wrong but still amusing.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NML to Wigan ? on 09:30 - May 2 with 2751 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Though I can't get to many games I would say Lunt would be the least missed of the 3. He is probably on decent money and appearance wise as stated he misses a lot. Also with camps cannon rathbone Morley Allen and Keane I would say we have enough cover from younger players (k.k. The exception) that can improve more and probably be on less money and more potential as players and to eventually leave making the club a lot of money.

Raff is a quality player and again would be a loss but a right back is probably easier to replace than nml even if they don't have the same attacking mentality. I thought we had a 1 year extension trigger available for raff but clearly I am wrong as it has not been mentioned or used.

Nml will be hard to replace as clearly hugely talented. Maybe Gillam has potential to do this and if done is released then he could do similar job. I am sure hilly knows who will be released by us and will have a list of players ready that he sees from other clubs.

Time will tell but I am not overly concerned. In Keith we trust!!!

NML to Wigan ? on 10:52 - May 2 with 2548 viewsdingdangblue

NML to Wigan ? on 09:30 - May 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

Though I can't get to many games I would say Lunt would be the least missed of the 3. He is probably on decent money and appearance wise as stated he misses a lot. Also with camps cannon rathbone Morley Allen and Keane I would say we have enough cover from younger players (k.k. The exception) that can improve more and probably be on less money and more potential as players and to eventually leave making the club a lot of money.

Raff is a quality player and again would be a loss but a right back is probably easier to replace than nml even if they don't have the same attacking mentality. I thought we had a 1 year extension trigger available for raff but clearly I am wrong as it has not been mentioned or used.

Nml will be hard to replace as clearly hugely talented. Maybe Gillam has potential to do this and if done is released then he could do similar job. I am sure hilly knows who will be released by us and will have a list of players ready that he sees from other clubs.

Time will tell but I am not overly concerned. In Keith we trust!!!

Yes I agree we won't miss Lunt.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

NML to Wigan ? on 11:17 - May 2 with 2488 viewsSuddenLad

NML to Wigan ? on 10:52 - May 2 by dingdangblue

Yes I agree we won't miss Lunt.

Lunt. A dreadful name to recall.

Turf Moor.

Burnley 0 Rochdale 1 (with 9 men)

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

NML to Wigan ? on 11:54 - May 2 with 2383 viewsD_Dale

NML to Wigan ? on 00:17 - May 2 by Shun

The Wigan Chairman was in attendance on Sunday.

More likely he was there to see MNL than for the pies, but if that's the case he'll have to take into consideration what the player has done pre-Dale. Trainee at Wolves, but failed to break through into the first team. Went out on loan to lower clubs, including Posh who took a punt and signed him for £100k. Then had issues with Darren Ferguson (Google the details) and signed on a free by Dale in August 2015. Since then has become much more highly regarded. But still a modest 8 league goals this season, and a career record of 0.13 goals per appearance.

There are similarities with Matt Lund's career: trainee at Stoke, didn't get a first-team game there, loaned out to various clubs, signed on a free by Dale June 2013. Now regarded as a good L1 level player, with a useful (for a midfielder) 9 league goals this season, and a career record of 0.15 goals per appearance.

It would seem that Hill has done a lot to bring out their abilities. Will they prosper (other than financially) under other managers?
NML to Wigan ? on 12:22 - May 2 with 2274 viewsdingdangblue

NML to Wigan ? on 11:54 - May 2 by D_Dale

More likely he was there to see MNL than for the pies, but if that's the case he'll have to take into consideration what the player has done pre-Dale. Trainee at Wolves, but failed to break through into the first team. Went out on loan to lower clubs, including Posh who took a punt and signed him for £100k. Then had issues with Darren Ferguson (Google the details) and signed on a free by Dale in August 2015. Since then has become much more highly regarded. But still a modest 8 league goals this season, and a career record of 0.13 goals per appearance.

There are similarities with Matt Lund's career: trainee at Stoke, didn't get a first-team game there, loaned out to various clubs, signed on a free by Dale June 2013. Now regarded as a good L1 level player, with a useful (for a midfielder) 9 league goals this season, and a career record of 0.15 goals per appearance.

It would seem that Hill has done a lot to bring out their abilities. Will they prosper (other than financially) under other managers?

Maybe Wigan will try and get Hill too!

NML to Wigan ? on 12:49 - May 2 with 2158 viewsjustanillusion

NML to Wigan ? on 12:22 - May 2 by dingdangblue

Wigan want Rosler
NML to Wigan ? on 13:13 - May 2 with 2042 viewsupthedale

NML to Wigan ? on 11:54 - May 2 by D_Dale

I googled as I hadn't heard of any issues with Ferguson.

http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2017/right-winger-of-the-season-rochdales-nathani

Thought that was quite a good summary, kind on our home figures!
NML to Wigan ? on 13:57 - May 2 with 1898 viewsShun

NML to Wigan ? on 12:22 - May 2 by dingdangblue

Exactly my thoughts. When have you ever heard of a chairman travelling to another club just to watch a player?

They are also after Rosler as somebody else has said, but so are Norwich, and they look to be his more likely destination.
NML to Wigan ? on 14:22 - May 2 with 1861 viewsD_Alien

NML to Wigan ? on 13:57 - May 2 by Shun

Exactly my thoughts. When have you ever heard of a chairman travelling to another club just to watch a player?

They are also after Rosler as somebody else has said, but so are Norwich, and they look to be his more likely destination.

But wouldn't it be equally unusual for the chairman of another club to attend a fixture with the aim of making representations to that club regarding their manager? Surely any talks would take place in a less public manner.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024