Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shopping List 15:44 - May 11 with 6793 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Who Should We Sign And Why ?
Now all the Released Lists Are Coming In Who Should We Be Sniffing Round ?
Shopping List on 16:08 - May 11 with 6744 viewsboromat

Very much depends on who doesn't sign for us and anyone else who might leave. Worst case we'll need;

GK
RB
LCB
CM
2 * AM
ST

The central midfielder is a Lund replacement that I'm not certain we'll need. The AMs are replacements for NML and Donal. LCB is more of a wish than an expectation as we do have two players for that position and I think one would have to go before we bring one in. A striker would be nice but something different to what we have hopefully some pace.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Shopping List on 17:29 - May 11 with 6609 viewsRowZ

Back up GK (I rate Lillis when fit)
If raff goes, obviously a RB.
2 CB's (1 to join up with Harrison in first choice 11 and 1 squad player who hopefully pushes Jim to 4th choice and limits any playing time for him next season)
AM/Winger to replace NML (maybe matty done if wage structure allows it, maybe not)
ST (a natural finisher, although they are of course the hardest to find) Matt Green released from Mansfield although now 30 years old, could see Hilly getting a few more years out of him, maybe Rhys Bennet could put a good word in.

Personally don't care one bit about Lund going, if he thinks he's bigger and better then RAFC then good luck to the lad. Personally in terms of player contribution throughout a full season he's our 5th choice central midfielder for me (behind Camps, Allen, Rathbone & Keano when played there)
... throw Cannon into that mix as well
[Post edited 11 May 2017 17:41]
Shopping List on 20:23 - May 11 with 6389 viewsShun

Shopping List on 16:08 - May 11 by boromat

Very much depends on who doesn't sign for us and anyone else who might leave. Worst case we'll need;

GK
RB
LCB
CM
2 * AM
ST

The central midfielder is a Lund replacement that I'm not certain we'll need. The AMs are replacements for NML and Donal. LCB is more of a wish than an expectation as we do have two players for that position and I think one would have to go before we bring one in. A striker would be nice but something different to what we have hopefully some pace.

I personally don't think we need to replace Lund, great player that he is. In our usual system we have 3 midfield places, and currently we have Allen, Camps, Keane, Rathbone, Cannon, Morley, and any other potential youth players who Hill deems worthy. Lund vacating his spot should see more game time for the others, which also means more development for Morley.
Shopping List on 09:42 - May 12 with 6085 viewsMarpleAlty

Based purely from watching the Oldham game, if a decent CB is found to partner Harrison then it solves the CM problem to a degree as it should be built around Keane at the base (Camps and one of Allen/Rathbone in front).

If your budget allows for a Mellis-type player then great, With him / Camps as one type of player and Allen/Rathbone as the other, one of each on the pitch at any one time would be a good way forward.

I notice the lad from Bolton, Tom Walker that was on loan at Bury, is available. Haven't watch him play much, but he tends to play on the left wing and might be the type of (I assume cheap) young lad Hilly might feel he can bring on a bit.
Shopping List on 10:49 - May 12 with 5952 viewsD_Alien

Shopping List on 09:42 - May 12 by MarpleAlty

Based purely from watching the Oldham game, if a decent CB is found to partner Harrison then it solves the CM problem to a degree as it should be built around Keane at the base (Camps and one of Allen/Rathbone in front).

If your budget allows for a Mellis-type player then great, With him / Camps as one type of player and Allen/Rathbone as the other, one of each on the pitch at any one time would be a good way forward.

I notice the lad from Bolton, Tom Walker that was on loan at Bury, is available. Haven't watch him play much, but he tends to play on the left wing and might be the type of (I assume cheap) young lad Hilly might feel he can bring on a bit.

Good post MA

Keane's role in the game at Latics gave us control in the first half, and it was his inch-perfect crossfield ball to NML that helped set up our goal - at that point he was venturing just about as far upfield as we'd seen him

It was also his injury and substitution that helped Latics gain more control after the break. He is injury-prone though. His uncanny style of interceptions imposes a lot of strain on muscles and tendons as he stretches out limbs and he's not what you'd call a natural athlete. If we can get 30 games out of him next season that'll do me, and with Camps and Allen more experienced plus Rathbone, Morley & Cannon we're well-stocked in midfield, with Kitching hopefully able to prove himself as LB/DM cover too. Would that leave room for a more experienced midfielder, who might expect to be playing and on a decent wage? That's one for Hilly to resolve, or concentrate resources elsewhere
[Post edited 12 May 2017 10:53]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Shopping List on 11:20 - May 12 with 5905 viewsVivaDonaldo

Shopping List on 10:49 - May 12 by D_Alien

Good post MA

Keane's role in the game at Latics gave us control in the first half, and it was his inch-perfect crossfield ball to NML that helped set up our goal - at that point he was venturing just about as far upfield as we'd seen him

It was also his injury and substitution that helped Latics gain more control after the break. He is injury-prone though. His uncanny style of interceptions imposes a lot of strain on muscles and tendons as he stretches out limbs and he's not what you'd call a natural athlete. If we can get 30 games out of him next season that'll do me, and with Camps and Allen more experienced plus Rathbone, Morley & Cannon we're well-stocked in midfield, with Kitching hopefully able to prove himself as LB/DM cover too. Would that leave room for a more experienced midfielder, who might expect to be playing and on a decent wage? That's one for Hilly to resolve, or concentrate resources elsewhere
[Post edited 12 May 2017 10:53]

This is obviously based on the assumption that we dont lose Camps or Allen or even Rathbone, as he's caught the eye, in the close season.

Going to be an interesting summer for sure.
Shopping List on 19:21 - May 12 with 5606 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Obviously For Starters We Need A Backup Keeper. I'd Love To See Lillis Play All 50 Odd Games So I'm Not Bothered It Can Be Anyone. Same Quality Keeper Eg JCP Would Be Nice But I'd Prefer Not To Have The Wage Bill Ticking Away.
Then We're Looking At A Partner For Harrison. The Problem We Have Is Canavan And McNulty Are Both Under Contract And Are Both As Bad as Eachother. Who That Should Be Again I Don't Know.
Then Your Looking At A Midfielder If Lund Leaves If He Doesn't Then Don't Bother. I'd Love To See Jacob Mellis Come To Spotland.
If Rafferty Leaves We have A Problem, Theres Already Frequent Trouble Down The Left Hand Side We Don't Need It Down The Right, Howevere I don't Think He Will.
Then We Need To Make Davies Fit. If He Doesn't Start 15 Games Or More Before Christmas Then A Reinforcement Is Needed.
If Mendez Goes Then A Player is needed (Matt Done ) If He Doesn't, We Still Need A Forward. When Davies Was Injured, Bunney Was LB And It Was Lang Hendo Andrew We Had Nobody To Bring On From The Bench. You've Also Got To Remember We've Virtually Lost A Forward In Thompson For The Forseeable Future.
Shopping List on 19:55 - May 12 with 5549 viewspioneer

Shopping List on 19:21 - May 12 by DannyG_RAFC

Obviously For Starters We Need A Backup Keeper. I'd Love To See Lillis Play All 50 Odd Games So I'm Not Bothered It Can Be Anyone. Same Quality Keeper Eg JCP Would Be Nice But I'd Prefer Not To Have The Wage Bill Ticking Away.
Then We're Looking At A Partner For Harrison. The Problem We Have Is Canavan And McNulty Are Both Under Contract And Are Both As Bad as Eachother. Who That Should Be Again I Don't Know.
Then Your Looking At A Midfielder If Lund Leaves If He Doesn't Then Don't Bother. I'd Love To See Jacob Mellis Come To Spotland.
If Rafferty Leaves We have A Problem, Theres Already Frequent Trouble Down The Left Hand Side We Don't Need It Down The Right, Howevere I don't Think He Will.
Then We Need To Make Davies Fit. If He Doesn't Start 15 Games Or More Before Christmas Then A Reinforcement Is Needed.
If Mendez Goes Then A Player is needed (Matt Done ) If He Doesn't, We Still Need A Forward. When Davies Was Injured, Bunney Was LB And It Was Lang Hendo Andrew We Had Nobody To Bring On From The Bench. You've Also Got To Remember We've Virtually Lost A Forward In Thompson For The Forseeable Future.

aNY rEASON yOU sTART eVERY wORD wITH a cAPITAL lETTEr , dANNY?
Login to get fewer ads

Shopping List on 20:51 - May 12 with 5481 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Shopping List on 19:55 - May 12 by pioneer

aNY rEASON yOU sTART eVERY wORD wITH a cAPITAL lETTEr , dANNY?

SoRrY
Shopping List on 09:11 - May 15 with 5108 viewsDaleiLama

Here's one NOT to sign. As bad as we were defensively, we didn't manage anything this bad.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Shopping List on 00:16 - May 22 with 4713 viewsShun

Things start to become a bit clearer now players are being picked up. Rafferty's staying. Logan and Lund are gone. Hill all but confirmed NML and McDermott will be leaving too.

That leaves us needing, in my opinion:

1 GK
1 CB (assuming Keane will be a midfielder)
2 x forward/winger types.

I'm sure others will add more but I'd honestly be happy with that. Assuming McNulty and Canavan don't get offloaded then I think it'd be folly to bring in more defenders with so many already contracted. Perhaps another LB as cover for Bunney.
Shopping List on 08:14 - May 22 with 4560 viewsdingdangblue

Shopping List on 00:16 - May 22 by Shun

Things start to become a bit clearer now players are being picked up. Rafferty's staying. Logan and Lund are gone. Hill all but confirmed NML and McDermott will be leaving too.

1 GK

I'm sure others will add more but I'd honestly be happy with that. Assuming McNulty and Canavan don't get offloaded then I think it'd be folly to bring in more defenders with so many already contracted. Perhaps another LB as cover for Bunney.

Obviously signing Matty Done back would be a massive boost to our squad as he'd cover 2 of those positions! If Hill could make this happen it would be an amazing coup. Not holding my breath though as there will obviously other clubs offering more money than we can.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Shopping List on 18:12 - May 22 with 4102 viewsrichfoad32

Shopping List on 00:16 - May 22 by Shun

1 GK

Despite him being a revelation at LB, is it not possible that Bunney could be employed further up the pitch as a LW/forward type and Kitching/A.N.Other slotted in at the back?
Shopping List on 19:20 - May 22 with 3985 viewsCanaDale

Shopping List on 18:12 - May 22 by richfoad32

Despite him being a revelation at LB, is it not possible that Bunney could be employed further up the pitch as a LW/forward type and Kitching/A.N.Other slotted in at the back?

Bunney has found his position, doesn't have the nous to be a forward type player.
Shopping List on 00:53 - May 23 with 3700 viewsShun

Shopping List on 18:12 - May 22 by richfoad32

Completely forgot about Kitching! Scrap my bit about cover for Bunney then.

1 goalkeeper, 1 centre back (hopefully experienced enough to guide the development of McGahey), and 2 forward/winger types. I'd be pleased with that.
Shopping List on 16:27 - May 28 with 3292 viewsMHall963

mark cullen looks impressive and the type of striker we need, if blackpool fail to go up may be worth a bid, and imagine us getting matty done back aswell. would be teo great signings, we can dream.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 16:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024