Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kit 09:09 - May 15 with 16196 viewsDale23years

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/864028206134964224/photo/1

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

New kit on 13:19 - May 15 with 2788 viewsboromat

New kit on 13:03 - May 15 by 442Dale

Home: It's perfectly fine. And therein lies the problem, it's a decent football shirt that doesn't do enough but serve a purpose. It's strange that those choosing weren't aware of the similarity in design to Lincoln's away shirt this season as Errea are usually really good at coming up with different looks for their sides. The biggest issue may be how many it will sell as fans may think it's another plain blue shirt, albeit with the black and white stripes moved to the side. The subliminal influence of the exact same collar design (with the colours switched) is also something which may make supporters think the difference isn't that much.

Away: Very good. Simple design which catches the interest and the eye. This will sell really well and you can only imagine how good the home shirt would have looked and flown off the shelves in this style.

Shorts: Really like the home ones and they're interchangeable but would have liked the away to be the same design - away need blue trim, something that loses the away shirt a point too. Subtle trim using a third colour should never be underestimated; a good example with stripes is Newcastle who added blue very effectively to their stripes in 93/94

Verdicts: Home 6/10, it's ok but could have been so much more.
Away 8/10, a glimpse at what could have been while still a good shirt in its own right.

nb. For anyone who says two sets of striped shirts including black would have meant a possible need for a third kit, that's still required as mentioned previously for the likes of Blackburn and Wigan. Presume we will keep the red kit?
Just think we missed an opportunity to do something unique and have two striped kits which not only would have been a marketing goldmine, but would have looked ace on the terraces.

For the clashes I predict this may be where the special limited edition shirt may come into play this season. I'm going with red and black stripes as my guess :-).

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New kit on 13:28 - May 15 with 2760 viewsfunkkk

New kit on 13:08 - May 15 by Swissdale

Can only think that someone in the higher echelons of the club has either a hatred of black and blue, or an obsession with solid blue. I can't see any other reason to continually churn out these boring solid blue designs.

Post the centenary season I think we had a great opportunity to develop our very own colour brand (black and blue), which would have been great because;

- Nobody else in the UK has this, so it would really set us apart.
- It's popular with the fans.
- Its a fairly common colour combination with European teams, so there will be 'off the shelf' patterns available from more premium brands (I'd wager sales of the kit would go up 30% if we brought in an Adidas / Nike kit)

Thumbs Down from me.

Think it was CD who decided we should ditch the blue and black stripes as he liked the look of one our training tops.
New kit on 14:27 - May 15 with 2668 viewspioneer

A very boring effort. I was an outlier not being a fan of last seasons - I like symmetry in my shirts (and will never live to like Dale playing in a predominantly red shirt).

Away shirt has tradition and great memories but it has to be with white shorts. Otherwise we just look like a Newcastle knock off. What ever happened to us trying to create an identity for the club.

The one justification for the home shirt could be back to 69 - but that would really need to be accompanied by the unique socks we had then, white with two blue hoops around the calves. I doubt we will see that.

I wonder if the Trust could ask what market research went into this choice of shirt designs/colours. And assuming the answer is none, what type of organisation does no market research before putting out a new product.

Just glad the lads on the field dont score as many own goals as the administration. Almost seems like attention has been concentrated on the season ticket strategy while other things have slipped. Got me wondering again about what they will do to matchday prices.
New kit on 14:38 - May 15 with 2639 viewsD_Alien

New kit on 14:27 - May 15 by pioneer

A very boring effort. I was an outlier not being a fan of last seasons - I like symmetry in my shirts (and will never live to like Dale playing in a predominantly red shirt).

Away shirt has tradition and great memories but it has to be with white shorts. Otherwise we just look like a Newcastle knock off. What ever happened to us trying to create an identity for the club.

The one justification for the home shirt could be back to 69 - but that would really need to be accompanied by the unique socks we had then, white with two blue hoops around the calves. I doubt we will see that.

I wonder if the Trust could ask what market research went into this choice of shirt designs/colours. And assuming the answer is none, what type of organisation does no market research before putting out a new product.

Just glad the lads on the field dont score as many own goals as the administration. Almost seems like attention has been concentrated on the season ticket strategy while other things have slipped. Got me wondering again about what they will do to matchday prices.

For 'market research' they need look no further than this messageboard

However, since the volte face t' other week, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there's a concerted effort within the club to ignore what may well be viewed as 'outside' influences, just by way of making a... err, statement

It's possible the decision on kit designs might've been taken prior to the end of the season but the possibility for a few backs having been put up remains

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New kit on 14:44 - May 15 with 2627 viewsCanaDale

The collar on the home kit is awful, the home kit on the whole is so uninspiring, and tacky looking. The away kit is a bit better, harking back to the centenary year, but still looks a bit Sunday league to me.
New kit on 14:57 - May 15 with 2598 viewsYorkshire_Dale

New kit on 13:13 - May 15 by TVOS1907

Maybe the players chose it...

........several of whom,will be nowhere near San Spotty next season?
New kit on 15:10 - May 15 with 2559 viewsAtThePeake

New kit on 14:57 - May 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

I think TVOS is referring to the line the club came out with a few years ago when people weren't too happy with one of the shirts, saying that the players had chosen it, which most believed to be nonsense.

Tangled up in blue.

New kit on 15:18 - May 15 with 2537 viewsTVOS1907

New kit on 14:57 - May 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

I doubt anyone will be.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

New kit on 16:56 - May 15 with 2409 viewsAllBlueDale

REF away shirt - Plain white (or black) back? or stripped.
Notice Premier League teams who wear stripes must have a plain back now (Stoke, WBA noticeable ones)
New kit on 17:04 - May 15 with 2385 viewsAtThePeake

New kit on 16:56 - May 15 by AllBlueDale

REF away shirt - Plain white (or black) back? or stripped.
Notice Premier League teams who wear stripes must have a plain back now (Stoke, WBA noticeable ones)

Pretty sure the back of Sunderland's is still striped.

Tangled up in blue.

New kit on 17:05 - May 15 with 2382 viewsBartRowou

This black and blue thing.
Can't we have black socks with the home kit?
blue/white/black?
That's almost unique.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

New kit on 17:43 - May 15 with 2303 viewsAllBlueDale

New kit on 17:04 - May 15 by AtThePeake

Pretty sure the back of Sunderland's is still striped.

I believe it comes into force for the 2017/18 season.
West Brom went early but Stoke's new kit had a white back and noticed Brighton have a blue back on their new strip.
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/05/brighton-hove-albion-17-18-premier-league-
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/05/stoke-city-17-18-home-away-kits.html
New kit on 17:43 - May 15 with 2301 viewsbocadave

New kit on 13:08 - May 15 by Swissdale

Can only think that someone in the higher echelons of the club has either a hatred of black and blue, or an obsession with solid blue. I can't see any other reason to continually churn out these boring solid blue designs.

Post the centenary season I think we had a great opportunity to develop our very own colour brand (black and blue), which would have been great because;

- Nobody else in the UK has this, so it would really set us apart.
- It's popular with the fans.
- Its a fairly common colour combination with European teams, so there will be 'off the shelf' patterns available from more premium brands (I'd wager sales of the kit would go up 30% if we brought in an Adidas / Nike kit)

Thumbs Down from me.

Spot on Swissdale.Perhaps the club should change its name to Ratcliffe Arms FC. Pub team name with a Pub team kit.
New kit on 17:51 - May 15 with 2278 views442Dale

Another couple of excellent points raised which haven't been cleared up by the kit launch, things which could have been with a wider array of photos.

The back of the shirt could be a deal breaker if it's totally plain, but hoping not and we can have blue numbers on stripes - Newcastle did this and it was fine. It'll work even better with the current number style as they have a 'number within a number'

Socks: why aren't they shown anywhere in the pictures as yet? They can make or break the overall look of a strip and we'd look really good in black ones.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New kit on 18:25 - May 15 with 2215 viewsChaffRAFC

New kit on 17:51 - May 15 by 442Dale

Another couple of excellent points raised which haven't been cleared up by the kit launch, things which could have been with a wider array of photos.

The back of the shirt could be a deal breaker if it's totally plain, but hoping not and we can have blue numbers on stripes - Newcastle did this and it was fine. It'll work even better with the current number style as they have a 'number within a number'

Socks: why aren't they shown anywhere in the pictures as yet? They can make or break the overall look of a strip and we'd look really good in black ones.

I was in the club shop earlier as I was going sorting mine and my lad's season tickets out and thought I'd have a look. With regards the black and white shirt, it's got a large white panel on the back I think where black numbers and letters will go. The club were anticipating it being a black panel like the centenary kit so have no black numbers or lettering in stock until next week.

Anyway, having seen both kits in the flesh so to speak and the home shirt is dreadful. It's bland as f*** and a really lazy looking effort. The training gear has a design on the front of it that would have been better suited on the actual shirts to make them look better!

The away shirt is better but I personally don't like the black and white stripes thing just through personal taste but can see them being very popular.

Last season I got both shirts, this season I wont be getting either.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New kit on 18:58 - May 15 with 2166 viewsfunkkk

New kit on 18:25 - May 15 by ChaffRAFC

I was in the club shop earlier as I was going sorting mine and my lad's season tickets out and thought I'd have a look. With regards the black and white shirt, it's got a large white panel on the back I think where black numbers and letters will go. The club were anticipating it being a black panel like the centenary kit so have no black numbers or lettering in stock until next week.

Anyway, having seen both kits in the flesh so to speak and the home shirt is dreadful. It's bland as f*** and a really lazy looking effort. The training gear has a design on the front of it that would have been better suited on the actual shirts to make them look better!

The away shirt is better but I personally don't like the black and white stripes thing just through personal taste but can see them being very popular.

Telling that the club hadn't even seen the backs of the shirts before they arrived 🤦🏾‍♂️
New kit on 19:00 - May 15 with 2159 viewsAllBlueDale

That really is shocking!
New kit on 19:03 - May 15 with 2149 views442Dale

New kit on 18:25 - May 15 by ChaffRAFC

"anticipating it being black"?

Surely the kit's design was either one thing or the other. If it was chosen because of a plain black panel (lesser of two evils) then that's what it should be. With a white panel it'll still look better with blue numbers too.

What is disappointing about this thread is that with a few simple tweaks and some informed input, they'd have sold a lot more shirts. But we've said that before.

New kit on 19:26 - May 15 with 2096 views442Dale

Training wear:

https://rafctickets.co.uk/retail-department.aspx?deptId=5

It's a familiar Errea design and one which was incorporated into the 'Poppy' shirt we wore at Bradford. In hindsight that design with stripes would have been fine, even if the shoulders/sleeves would have been better blue rather than black.

New kit on 19:26 - May 15 with 2099 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Kit Verdicts :
Home : Absolutely Dire, Lazy Effort By Errea With A Diabolical collar. Shorts are almost identical to last year. Socks dont know what they look like.
2/10
Away : Very smart stripes that go back to our roots and unique stripes Beskitas esque. Embroidered printing as well would look nice with a name on the back. Shorts are black with white trim, very smart boxer like.
Socks no idea but hopefully all black
7/10
[Post edited 15 May 2017 19:27]
New kit on 19:31 - May 15 with 2079 views442Dale

New kit on 19:26 - May 15 by DannyG_RAFC

Kit Verdicts :
Home : Absolutely Dire, Lazy Effort By Errea With A Diabolical collar. Shorts are almost identical to last year. Socks dont know what they look like.
2/10
Away : Very smart stripes that go back to our roots and unique stripes Beskitas esque. Embroidered printing as well would look nice with a name on the back. Shorts are black with white trim, very smart boxer like.
Socks no idea but hopefully all black
7/10
[Post edited 15 May 2017 19:27]

Let's be fair, the collar is the same as this year's on the home shirt. Shorts are totally different design too, liking the black stripe down the side with blue trim at the bottom.
[Post edited 15 May 2017 19:40]

New kit on 19:33 - May 15 with 2075 viewsColDale

I think they both look alright. Only concerns from me are:
1) the need for a third kit. Can't see us being allowed b+w at Blackburn or Bristol. It's not too difficult to pick a colour that we can always use
2) the collar on this years feels like it's gonna rip every time it goes over my head (tho my lugholes might play a part here). The new home looks the same as this
3) the quality of this years kit was like the dodgy kits they sell at the supermarkets in Benidorm
New kit on 19:39 - May 15 with 2064 viewsTVOS1907

New kit on 19:33 - May 15 by ColDale

I think they both look alright. Only concerns from me are:
1) the need for a third kit. Can't see us being allowed b+w at Blackburn or Bristol. It's not too difficult to pick a colour that we can always use
2) the collar on this years feels like it's gonna rip every time it goes over my head (tho my lugholes might play a part here). The new home looks the same as this
3) the quality of this years kit was like the dodgy kits they sell at the supermarkets in Benidorm

As I posted earlier, we might struggle at Wigan too, depending on what they wear this season.

And at Inter Milan in the Intertoto Cup!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New kit on 19:41 - May 15 with 2049 views442Dale

New kit on 19:39 - May 15 by TVOS1907

As I posted earlier, we might struggle at Wigan too, depending on what they wear this season.

And at Inter Milan in the Intertoto Cup!

Never understand why clubs don't include info on clashes when releasing kits. Easy enough to add "we'll be using the current red shirt as a third kit when there is a colour clash"

New kit on 16:28 - May 16 with 1770 viewsTipperaryDale

Spoke to the fella in the club shop earlier this season, asked about new kits and was told "this is the last year of Errea" - supply problems and sizing issues were mentioned as negatives. I said on the way out "we really need to go back to blue and black stripes", he just smiled and didn't say owt, now I know why! Absolute dross of a home kit. My five-a-side team had a classier kit than that.

Away's not bad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024