Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matty Gillam 18:21 - May 18 with 1785 viewsShun

Matty has just signed his first professional contract. Congratulations.

Has anyone seen him play? Either in his one first-team appearance at Hartlepool or in the youth team? What's the verdict? Could he be as successful as Camps, Allen, et al?
Matty Gillam on 18:42 - May 18 with 1737 viewsdingdangblue

Yes for some reason Sky Sports made a bigger deal of his miss than his 1st professional goal.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale/10651777/roc

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matty Gillam on 19:52 - May 18 with 1606 viewsboromat

Yes it was pretty disgraceful from Sky. Annoyed me that!

Hope he does better than the more recent graduates. I'm thinking Hooper, Bell etc. You never know. I do think the standard has gone up a few bars now though, it's much harder to break into the first team than it was.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Matty Gillam on 12:59 - May 20 with 1162 viewsisitme

In the FLT game he played in he looked a decent player. I think the step up from youth team to first team is now much bigger than it was when we were a mid table league one side. I suppose he will need to develop physically and it depends on his attitude. Players like Hooper and Logan have looked good in spurts, but ultimately did not make it. It would be great if Gillam could develop into a prolific striker.

A few years ago I really though Bell would have made it as he had all the physical tools, but I suppose it depends on how hungry the players are to make it.
Matty Gillam on 13:32 - May 20 with 1104 viewsKnowlesy

Sounds like he has the right attitude to make it though. He said in his interview that he's training through the summer to get to the point physically that he needs to be before pre season. Can't see Nyal Bell doing that - no offence to him, but that seems to be the difference nowadays between succeeding and not. Cannon, Camps, Allen etc have all worked hard, been patient and took the chances when they came. Jonny Diba, Owusu, Nyal Bell etc don't seem to have done so.
Matty Gillam on 13:50 - May 20 with 1069 viewsDaleiLama

Matty Gillam on 12:59 - May 20 by isitme

In the FLT game he played in he looked a decent player. I think the step up from youth team to first team is now much bigger than it was when we were a mid table league one side. I suppose he will need to develop physically and it depends on his attitude. Players like Hooper and Logan have looked good in spurts, but ultimately did not make it. It would be great if Gillam could develop into a prolific striker.

A few years ago I really though Bell would have made it as he had all the physical tools, but I suppose it depends on how hungry the players are to make it.

I wondered the same about whether Ollie was ready in terms of development, but his appetite is immense and coupled with ambition, he's came on leaps and bounds this season. Let's hope MG can follow the same trajectory.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024