Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Jones article 22:01 - May 18 with 4507 views442Dale

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/15293595.Memories_flood_back_for_Jon

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gary Jones article on 01:17 - May 19 with 4300 viewsoddjob007

Interesting how he and his family now appear to be Bradford fans, despite only spending a few years there.

10 years plus combined at Dale and record appearance holder... always thought there was something more to it when he left (I know he didn't get on with Coleman.. but have a feeling there could have been something with the board.)
Gary Jones article on 07:03 - May 19 with 4202 viewsColDale

There certainly appears to be something that has left a bad taste in the mouth.

It should be a priority next season for the club (and Trust) to ensure that Jonah is welcomed back to the club to give him the send off that he missed. (Irrespective of whether it was the right / wrong decision for him to leave at that time).
Gary Jones article on 10:44 - May 19 with 3950 viewsChaffRAFC

Gary Jones article on 07:03 - May 19 by ColDale

It should be a priority next season for the club (and Trust) to ensure that Jonah is welcomed back to the club to give him the send off that he missed. (Irrespective of whether it was the right / wrong decision for him to leave at that time).

Is that something the Trust can do? Maybe to co-incide with a Trust event? It's very wrong that a player of such status with our club obviously feels he can't come back. He's our record appearance holder. He's a very genuine legend of the club.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Gary Jones article on 10:50 - May 19 with 3939 viewsyorkshirefan

Due to where I live most of my mates are Bradford fans and its funny (or not) how he was always described as a City legend within about 6 months or so of being there. I felt like I regularly had to remind them that he had played the odd game for us as well.

There is a real growing sense of arrogance/entitlement amongst the City masses now though. Their numerous recent trips to Wembley and ease with which they have sold ~20k season tickets have no doubt contributed to this and I'm sure they are now convinced that there is no better place to watch or play the game than Valley Parade. Certainly Jonah's comments seem to echo this.
Gary Jones article on 12:03 - May 19 with 3834 viewsdavidab2202

Just a thought,but I think the fact that it is an article published in the Bradford area newspaper may also play a part in the apparent love affair with Bradford City.

I feel it unlikely that any player in that situation would talk up his days playing at another club.Having said that I'm sure what he achieved in the couple of seasons at Bradford are looked back on with great pride as no doubt he couldn't have imagined how well they and he would do whilst there

There is no doubt that his days at Dale didn't perhaps end in the manner that most supporters would have liked,but had the interview been done in the Observer would there perhaps have been a different tone to the article.
Gary Jones article on 12:56 - May 19 with 3737 views442Dale

Gary Jones article on 12:03 - May 19 by davidab2202

Just a thought,but I think the fact that it is an article published in the Bradford area newspaper may also play a part in the apparent love affair with Bradford City.

I feel it unlikely that any player in that situation would talk up his days playing at another club.Having said that I'm sure what he achieved in the couple of seasons at Bradford are looked back on with great pride as no doubt he couldn't have imagined how well they and he would do whilst there

There is no doubt that his days at Dale didn't perhaps end in the manner that most supporters would have liked,but had the interview been done in the Observer would there perhaps have been a different tone to the article.

He's talking about how his kids love going there and becoming season ticket holders.

Genuine question, has he even been back to Spotland when not playing for the opposition?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gary Jones article on 14:56 - May 19 with 3566 viewsfunkkk

Gary Jones article on 07:03 - May 19 by ColDale

May just be me but I feel there are more pressing priorities for the club and trust to concentrate on.
Gary Jones article on 15:23 - May 19 with 3527 viewsD_Alien

Gary Jones article on 14:56 - May 19 by funkkk

May just be me but I feel there are more pressing priorities for the club and trust to concentrate on.

Tend to agree

Jonah's old enough and hopefully wise enough to realise the fans hold him in high esteem, so whatever happened prior to his departure will be history to him; to say he'll have "moved on" is an understatement! So should we, whilst continuing to acknowledge his massive contribution to a key period in Dale's history whenever our history is being discussed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Gary Jones article on 15:40 - May 19 with 3487 viewsShun

Gary Jones article on 12:56 - May 19 by 442Dale

He's talking about how his kids love going there and becoming season ticket holders.

Genuine question, has he even been back to Spotland when not playing for the opposition?

Someone posted a few weeks ago that he hadn't been back once. A real shame.
Gary Jones article on 18:48 - May 19 with 3297 viewsoddjob007

Gary Jones article on 15:40 - May 19 by Shun

Someone posted a few weeks ago that he hadn't been back once. A real shame.

Exactly... and the likes of Flicker are never away from the place!
Gary Jones article on 18:56 - May 20 with 2986 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Who cares? No sentiment in football, paid employees move to other companies in many walks of life
Gary Jones article on 02:07 - May 21 with 2793 viewsDiddyDave

Gary Jones article on 18:56 - May 20 by Albert_Whitehurst

Who cares? No sentiment in football, paid employees move to other companies in many walks of life

Correct,like everybody else,unfortunately,they`re only in it for the dosh,the days of loyalty are long gone. Having said that,surely legends such as Jonah,Reg Jenkins (if he were still alive) and one or two more would always be welcomed back to Dale once their playing days were over. United and Liverpool have lots of old players still hanging around the stands on match days,so why don`t Dale do the same thing with one or two popular ex players? Just another innovation that shouldn`t be hard to organise?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024