Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall promoted 16:54 - May 20 with 5087 viewsSuddenLad

Beat Bradford at Wembley 1-0............should ensure another bumper gate at Spotland next year instead of a few Southerners..........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Millwall promoted on 16:59 - May 20 with 3253 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Great result for us..........glad the Bantams are still with us, good fixtures.
Millwall promoted on 16:59 - May 20 with 3252 views442Dale

I do hope every one of those Millwall fans who went on the pitch gets the obligatory 3 year ban.

Steve Morison saying they "ruined it" for him. Good riddance.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Millwall promoted on 17:07 - May 20 with 3196 viewsDaley_Lama

Well said Morrison. Gone up in my estimation.

Well done also to Neil Harris who was constantly telling the fans to get off the pitch. The look of disgust one woman gave him when he told her to get ******* off made me smile.

To quote Balotelli...."Why is it always me?"
To answer...Because you have some of the most obnoxious set of fans going, and that takes some going.

Poll: DF in or out

Millwall promoted on 17:08 - May 20 with 3186 views442Dale

Millwall promoted on 17:07 - May 20 by Daley_Lama

Well said Morrison. Gone up in my estimation.

Well done also to Neil Harris who was constantly telling the fans to get off the pitch. The look of disgust one woman gave him when he told her to get ******* off made me smile.

To quote Balotelli...."Why is it always me?"
To answer...Because you have some of the most obnoxious set of fans going, and that takes some going.

There's that song they claim about no one liking them and they don't care.

That's the problem: they don't care. At all.

Millwall promoted on 17:10 - May 20 with 3165 viewsTVOS1907

Ironic that Morrison saw off Bradford...

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Millwall promoted on 17:10 - May 20 with 3161 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Millwall only finished 4 points ahead of Dale and went into the play-offs the least "on form" of all four teams..........just shows how near we were to shot at Championship......ifonly?

But it also shows that we can go again and have another tilt at the top.....
Millwall promoted on 17:12 - May 20 with 3146 viewsDaleView

I feel sorry for the Bradford lads and their supporters but the result is as I would have liked it. I don't think anyone wanted the Millwall lot in our division for home or away games. Bradford is a much better option.
Millwall promoted on 17:13 - May 20 with 3129 viewsTVOS1907

Millwall promoted on 16:59 - May 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Great result for us..........glad the Bantams are still with us, good fixtures.

Hope there aren't any transport issues when we play them at Vallio de Paradio next season.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall promoted on 17:15 - May 20 with 3116 viewsMoonyDale

Their fans are the football equivalent of ebola, so glad to see the back of them......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Millwall promoted on 17:19 - May 20 with 3088 viewsD_Alien

Millwall promoted on 17:15 - May 20 by MoonyDale

Their fans are the football equivalent of ebola, so glad to see the back of them......

Dele Ad Ebola?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Millwall promoted on 17:23 - May 20 with 3051 viewsAtThePeake

Millwall promoted on 16:59 - May 20 by 442Dale

I do hope every one of those Millwall fans who went on the pitch gets the obligatory 3 year ban.

Steve Morison saying they "ruined it" for him. Good riddance.

Would you have wanted the same for the hundreds of Dale fans who have ran on the pitch following wins over Darlington, Northampton and Cheltenham in recent years?

Or is it different at Wembley?

Genuine question by the way, I'm just confused as to why over the last few years some pitch invasions have been condemned by fans/pundits and some haven't (the one at Spurs last weekend for example)

Tangled up in blue.

Millwall promoted on 17:33 - May 20 with 2999 views442Dale

Millwall promoted on 17:23 - May 20 by AtThePeake

Would you have wanted the same for the hundreds of Dale fans who have ran on the pitch following wins over Darlington, Northampton and Cheltenham in recent years?

Genuine question by the way, I'm just confused as to why over the last few years some pitch invasions have been condemned by fans/pundits and some haven't (the one at Spurs last weekend for example)

It's different at Wembley, as seen by the reactions of the players and staff at Millwall.

Of course I was being a total self-righteous pr1ck (won awards for it), but it's Millwall and they're without any sort of respect. Fans, in the main, know what's right. That wasn't and they knew it, but they don't care. Ban every one of them, just because by the letter of the law they can.

Millwall promoted on 17:34 - May 20 with 2983 viewsTVOS1907

How many other sets of fans have invaded the pitch at Wembley?

Millwall promoted on 17:37 - May 20 with 2958 viewsClivert

Yes it is different at Wembley as it's a neutral venue and the four examples you gave were all home fixtures, the Spurs one being the last ever fixture at their home of 100 years.
Millwall promoted on 17:38 - May 20 with 2957 viewsD_Alien

Millwall promoted on 17:33 - May 20 by 442Dale

It's different at Wembley, as seen by the reactions of the players and staff at Millwall.

Of course I was being a total self-righteous pr1ck (won awards for it), but it's Millwall and they're without any sort of respect. Fans, in the main, know what's right. That wasn't and they knew it, but they don't care. Ban every one of them, just because by the letter of the law they can.

Assuming there's pretty good video evidence available, if Millwall wish to do the right thing they should be able to identify and ban from their own ground many of those responsible for ruining Morison's day

Millwall promoted on 17:42 - May 20 with 2931 viewsClivert

Millwall promoted on 17:34 - May 20 by TVOS1907

How many other sets of fans have invaded the pitch at Wembley?

Scotland about 40 years ago!
Millwall promoted on 17:43 - May 20 with 2924 views442Dale

Millwall promoted on 17:38 - May 20 by D_Alien

Assuming there's pretty good video evidence available, if Millwall wish to do the right thing they should be able to identify and ban from their own ground many of those responsible for ruining Morison's day

That's exactly it. By all accounts Millwall do a lot of great work with the community and younger fans, but their failure to robustly target and eradicate the problem caused by the idiots that follow them and that attitude of not caring amongst far too many of their fans means their reputation remains tarnished.

It would be very easy for them to do exactly what you've posted, I'd like to see that appear on their website tomorrow and if not hear their reasons for not doing so.

Millwall promoted on 17:43 - May 20 with 2915 viewsTVOS1907

Millwall promoted on 17:38 - May 20 by D_Alien

They should send them to work at Morrison's for a day!

Millwall promoted on 17:46 - May 20 with 2889 viewsD_Alien

Millwall promoted on 17:43 - May 20 by TVOS1907

They should send them to work at Morrison's for a day!

Aye, that'd teach 'em to be off their trolley

Millwall promoted on 17:55 - May 20 with 2838 viewsAtThePeake

Millwall promoted on 17:37 - May 20 by Clivert

Yes it is different at Wembley as it's a neutral venue and the four examples you gave were all home fixtures, the Spurs one being the last ever fixture at their home of 100 years.

What about Sheffield United at Northampton? The pundits on Soccer Saturday were raving about the passion and outpouring of joy when that happened...

Some fair points being made, I just feel like if pitch invasions are to be condemned they should all be condemned, but pundits and commentators seem to pick and choose which ones they like and don't like at the moment.

Tangled up in blue.

Millwall promoted on 18:05 - May 20 with 2793 viewsJimmyRustler

Millwall promoted on 17:55 - May 20 by AtThePeake

What about Sheffield United at Northampton? The pundits on Soccer Saturday were raving about the passion and outpouring of joy when that happened...

Some fair points being made, I just feel like if pitch invasions are to be condemned they should all be condemned, but pundits and commentators seem to pick and choose which ones they like and don't like at the moment.

As long as they don't f**k up the pitch and no one gets hurt then I don't begrudge anyone an outpouring of emotion. You can guarantee there would be much less being said if it was the Bradford fans who'd have done the same.
Millwall promoted on 18:15 - May 20 with 2763 viewsClivert

Millwall promoted on 17:55 - May 20 by AtThePeake

Fair enough about Sheffield Utd and if we'd have won promotion away Northampton we'd probably be on the pitch celebrating too.

Millwall's reputation doesn't help though and you can't help but think that some of those fans on the pitch at end weren't just going onto celebrate.
Millwall promoted on 18:19 - May 20 with 2735 views442Dale

Millwall promoted on 18:05 - May 20 by JimmyRustler

As long as they don't f**k up the pitch and no one gets hurt then I don't begrudge anyone an outpouring of emotion. You can guarantee there would be much less being said if it was the Bradford fans who'd have done the same.

Think that's the issue. No other set of supporters would even think about doing it. Audacity and not giving a damn. That's them summed up.

Millwall promoted on 18:28 - May 20 with 2690 viewsSuddenLad

Stuart McCall said after the game that some Millwall fans were goading him and the Bradford players and that he (McCall) came very close to hitting a few of the fans, such was the provocation.

For that reason, the FA should act. Celebrating is one thing, but that's well over the mark.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Millwall promoted on 20:16 - May 20 with 2500 viewsJimmyRustler

Millwall promoted on 18:19 - May 20 by 442Dale

Think that's the issue. No other set of supporters would even think about doing it. Audacity and not giving a damn. That's them summed up.

My point still stands though. The gripe involves the perpetrators and not the offence itself. Fair enough, they've earned that reputation but in isolation I don't think anyone should be persecuted for celebrating an extraordinary win at the final whistle (as long as the conditions I previously mentioned are met)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024