Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pereira 14:07 - May 21 with 3288 viewsscarrow

Starts for united today.

Poll: Final position

Pereira on 14:48 - May 21 with 3239 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's common knowledge they are throwing this match to ready for Ajax.....the odd line-up will confuse their watching scouts.......
Pereira on 15:00 - May 21 with 3216 views442Dale

Pereira on 14:48 - May 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

It's common knowledge they are throwing this match to ready for Ajax.....the odd line-up will confuse their watching scouts.......

They're not throwing it. They're saving players for Ajax who are unlikely to take much interest in scouting today.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pereira on 16:00 - May 21 with 3136 viewsSaxonDale

Pereira on 15:00 - May 21 by 442Dale

They're not throwing it. They're saving players for Ajax who are unlikely to take much interest in scouting today.

I hope the Premier League fine them as they did Wolves a few years back.
Pereira on 16:04 - May 21 with 3124 views442Dale

Pereira on 16:00 - May 21 by SaxonDale

Hope the Premier League fine Chelsea first for that farce with John Terry. Stopping the game at a specific time to sub him with a guard of honour?

Pereira on 17:13 - May 21 with 3011 viewsnordenblue

Pereira on 16:00 - May 21 by SaxonDale

Fine them for what winning?
Pereira on 17:17 - May 21 with 3001 viewsmacro

Pereira on 16:04 - May 21 by 442Dale

Hope the Premier League fine Chelsea first for that farce with John Terry. Stopping the game at a specific time to sub him with a guard of honour?

It was pre-arranged, I’m assuming the ref knew. No harm done in a game which didn’t matter
Pereira on 17:17 - May 21 with 2999 viewsmacro

Pereira on 14:48 - May 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

Threw it so badly they won
Pereira on 17:29 - May 21 with 2973 views442Dale

Pereira on 17:17 - May 21 by macro

It was pre-arranged, I’m assuming the ref knew. No harm done in a game which didn’t matter

No harm, but as the reaction amongst ex pros Keown, Crooks and Kilbane illustrated, it was a bit ridiculous.

Login to get fewer ads

Pereira on 18:07 - May 21 with 2887 viewsmacro

And many pros on r5l said what a fitting tribute it was.
Pereira on 18:25 - May 21 with 2850 viewsSaxonDale

Pereira on 17:13 - May 21 by nordenblue

Fine them for what winning?

No, for fielding a weakened team. Whether they won or not is beside he point, Wolves got (ridiculously) fined for doing the same, why shouldn't Utd?
Pereira on 18:27 - May 21 with 2836 views442Dale

Pereira on 18:07 - May 21 by macro

And many pros on r5l said what a fitting tribute it was.

A fitting tribute he came up with for himself.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/john-terry-chelsea-la

Pereira on 18:31 - May 21 with 2814 viewsnordenblue

Pereira on 18:25 - May 21 by SaxonDale

No, for fielding a weakened team. Whether they won or not is beside he point, Wolves got (ridiculously) fined for doing the same, why shouldn't Utd?

I take it Wolves lost then...Can't they play who they want it's the whole idea of having a squad,it only becomes a problem when other teams benefit from their weakened team IF they throw a game,United won
Pereira on 18:37 - May 21 with 2790 viewsmacro

Pereira on 18:25 - May 21 by SaxonDale

United won they won't get fined for playing a weakened side. Mourinho had said he was going to do so for weeks.
Pereira on 18:41 - May 21 with 2775 viewsmacro

Pereira on 18:27 - May 21 by 442Dale

A fitting tribute he came up with for himself.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/john-terry-chelsea-la

Good on Terry and the ref for agreeing. I really can't see what the issue is with Chelsea publically celebrating his achievements. If it had been a game with something riding on it then it couldn't have been done. There's very few players who stay with a club so long.
Pereira on 07:10 - May 22 with 2469 viewsRalphs12

Pereira on 18:41 - May 21 by macro

Good on Terry and the ref for agreeing. I really can't see what the issue is with Chelsea publically celebrating his achievements. If it had been a game with something riding on it then it couldn't have been done. There's very few players who stay with a club so long.

You can bet on the amount of throw ins that happen in ten minute breakdowns, I wonder if John Terry will have told his family and friends this was going to happen. Why can't he just be clapped off like anyone else at the end of the game. What would they have done if he played with a traditional centre backs number?
Pereira on 08:51 - May 22 with 2372 viewsScunnydale

I wonder if anyone had a bet on there being a throw-in and a sub in that minute? Glad John Terry wasn't eating a pie at the time...
Pereira on 12:33 - May 22 with 2192 viewsrod_leach

Pereira on 08:51 - May 22 by Scunnydale

I wonder if anyone had a bet on there being a throw-in and a sub in that minute? Glad John Terry wasn't eating a pie at the time...

Terry is a narcissistic prick.
Pereira on 17:59 - May 22 with 1910 viewspioneer

Pereira on 12:33 - May 22 by rod_leach

Terry is a narcissistic prick.

Ive been struggling to find the words to best describe my opinion of him....Until I read your post!

Spot on.
Pereira on 18:39 - May 22 with 1873 views442Dale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39999708

Pereira on 22:15 - May 22 with 1758 viewsmacro

Pereira on 18:39 - May 22 by 442Dale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39999708

This isn’t on. Without the betting wins, I’ve no problem but this changes things. The Sutton GK got fired, there won’t be any repercussions for Terry though.
Pereira on 00:07 - May 29 with 1407 views442Dale

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/john-terry-couldnt-care-less-about-crit

Spectacular use of the word 'I'.

Yes, John, we get it. It's all about you.

Pereira on 00:29 - May 29 with 1385 viewsDaley_Lama

It's ok, he will soon be (already is) mugging it on tv panel shows where C list comedians gently rib him about being a belm and he either

A) Sits there and takes it (ok for a bit but wont last forever)
B) Come back with a witty response (Yeah, right)
C) Get more and more annoyed and walk off after 26 minutes

In the good old game of what would they be if they weren't a footballer, Terry is the bouncer who turns you away with a'what are you going to do about it sneer' career man.

Poll: DF in or out

Pereira on 01:09 - May 29 with 1367 viewsShun

Pereira on 00:07 - May 29 by 442Dale

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/john-terry-couldnt-care-less-about-crit

Spectacular use of the word 'I'.

Yes, John, we get it. It's all about you.

"If that's the way I want to go out, that's the way I go out because I've been here 22 years, I've won so many trophies - so if I wanted to play one minute and come off, I would have done."

Bold words for a player who will always be remembered for being racist and having an affair with a team-mate's partner far more than anything he did on the pitch. Vile person.
Pereira on 03:45 - May 29 with 1358 viewsdownunder

Pereira on 08:51 - May 22 by Scunnydale

Been away a few years, but having looked at the BBC link below, Garth Crooks has been eating a few.
Pereira on 09:20 - May 29 with 1238 viewsDaleiLama

Pereira on 03:45 - May 29 by downunder

Been away a few years, but having looked at the BBC link below, Garth Crooks has been eating a few.

And so the thread goes full circle from Macro's comment on the Sutton GK (case still unresolved) to Garth Crooks ...........

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024