Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incident at MEN 23:11 - May 22 with 13664 viewsnordenblue

Seems like some kind of explosion has just happened at the arena immediately after a concert.....doesnt sound good
Incident at MEN on 12:27 - May 23 with 4308 viewsNigeriamark

Incident at MEN on 07:56 - May 23 by nordenblue

"Medieval Monsters" is probably the best description ive heard for these cowards,who on the planet can justifiably target children at a concert.
You just wonder at what point does the country begin to wake up to these shit house's and deal with them properly

We didn't deal with the Irish terrorists harshly enough so I imagine this will be similar - Tough promises but little changing due to legal rights of the guilty taking priority over the rights of the innocent
Incident at MEN on 15:01 - May 23 with 4002 viewspioneer

Incident at MEN on 12:27 - May 23 by Nigeriamark

We didn't deal with the Irish terrorists harshly enough so I imagine this will be similar - Tough promises but little changing due to legal rights of the guilty taking priority over the rights of the innocent

you mean like these blokes?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-12664938

Lets hope the same mistakes are not made and real culprits are apprehended.
Incident at MEN on 17:20 - May 23 with 3742 viewsJimmyRustler

Incident at MEN on 11:11 - May 23 by DaleiLama

Indeed, I saw that. The speculation was along he lines that had the show finished as scheduled, the exits would have been much more packed at the time of the explosion and more fatalities would have ensued, but that theory pre-supposes the killer knew what time the show was due to finish. Seems a tad unlikely. Common sense suggests that the perpetrator would just wait until the area was at its busiest and detonate, unless he/she was worried about hanging around looking suspicious whilst probably wearing plenty of clothes on a warm night. I don't suppose every detail will be established exactly or even released to the public for operational reasons, but it certainly could have been 10 times worse from what an eye witness was suggesting.

Couldn't agree more as to how sick this act was and whilst no loss of life is ever acceptable, to target the demographic of that concert beggars belief. Reminiscent of the low-life who targeted the kids on the Norwegian island but not as many fatalities. The sad thing is there is virtually no way to stop a single, deluded individual acting in isolation like this if they don't leave a communication trail. Utterly senseless. An immensely sad day as you say.

Gigs at the MEN (and most other venues) generally keep to a very strict time schedule (due to nuisance laws and the like) so I'm quite sure the attacker knew exactly what he was doing in terms of the detonation time.
Incident at MEN on 21:03 - May 23 with 3449 viewsLS27Rdale

How do humans get to a point it their life, that their cause justify's an attack like last night.

Its just so sad, and god knows what all the famillies are going through.

Most of the crowd were kids ffs,
Incident at MEN on 21:40 - May 23 with 3378 viewsmingthemerciless

Incident at MEN on 15:01 - May 23 by pioneer

you mean like these blokes?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-12664938

Lets hope the same mistakes are not made and real culprits are apprehended.

It was obvious at the time to anyone who had eyes to see with that they were innocent and were being fitted up by the police and judiciary.
Incident at MEN on 23:14 - May 23 with 3257 views1mark1

As said by a friend of mine, great words

"The IRA bombed #Manchester back in 1996. The city rose from the ashes stronger than ever. It will do so again. We shall not give in to hate!"

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Incident at MEN on 08:15 - May 24 with 3085 viewsdingdangblue

Incident at MEN on 23:14 - May 23 by 1mark1

As said by a friend of mine, great words

"The IRA bombed #Manchester back in 1996. The city rose from the ashes stronger than ever. It will do so again. We shall not give in to hate!"

Unfortunately it is easier to rebuild buildings than it is lives. Imagine losing your beautiful 8 year old daughter on what should have been a night full of enjoyment and fun. There but for the grace of God. I would be broken.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Incident at MEN on 10:17 - May 24 with 2963 viewsDaleiLama

Incident at MEN on 08:15 - May 24 by dingdangblue

Unfortunately it is easier to rebuild buildings than it is lives. Imagine losing your beautiful 8 year old daughter on what should have been a night full of enjoyment and fun. There but for the grace of God. I would be broken.

Exactly. And what has it achieved? Hardened the general public even more against IS, so terrorism has yet again been proven to be counter-productive. Meanwhile, 80 people have had their lives changed enormously and in many cases ended, with a knock-on effect for all their family and friends. Not to mention all the people who will be emotionally affected by being involved in this atrocity. The Dunkirk spirit will endure forever, but the cost to people is immeasurable. The only good in all of this is the immense pride felt for Manchester and how the people handled this.

[Post edited 24 May 2017 10:24]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Incident at MEN on 11:38 - May 24 with 2876 viewsdingdangblue

Incident at MEN on 12:24 - May 23 by SuddenLad

They said earlier this morning that they know who he is, but won't reveal his identity at this stage for operational reasons.

Shortly after that statement a 24 year old man was arrested at an address in South Manchester in connection with the enquiry.

Surprise surprise - he was known to have links with Isis. The softly softly approach must be abandoned now. If they know who these fookers are they need to act.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Incident at MEN on 11:51 - May 24 with 2863 views49thseason

Incident at MEN on 11:38 - May 24 by dingdangblue

Surprise surprise - he was known to have links with Isis. The softly softly approach must be abandoned now. If they know who these fookers are they need to act.

Seems his father was Al Quaeda, thrown out of Libya by Gaddifi and came to the UK seeking asylum, and went back there a month ago and has not returned, so its probably safe to assume he knew what was being planned. It is beyond me why we continue to allow 3500 people on a watchlist and their families to travel back to places they fled to the UK from. Clearly they are not in fear of their lives back in Libya , Syria etc..
Incident at MEN on 12:13 - May 24 with 2823 viewsBass1

Incident at MEN on 11:51 - May 24 by 49thseason

Seems his father was Al Quaeda, thrown out of Libya by Gaddifi and came to the UK seeking asylum, and went back there a month ago and has not returned, so its probably safe to assume he knew what was being planned. It is beyond me why we continue to allow 3500 people on a watchlist and their families to travel back to places they fled to the UK from. Clearly they are not in fear of their lives back in Libya , Syria etc..

Just drive bulldozers through every building that preaches hate and encourages the slaughter of innocent men women and children. Enough is enough. If tough measures are not swiftly put into place, then I can only see the public taking the law into their own hands, which could then escalate into civil unrest.
Those poor families whom have had their young children murdered and maimed. For what? I cannot even imagine what they are going through. Again, enough is enough. Let's see how tough the Government gets over the forthcoming weeks.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 12:16]

Incident at MEN on 13:41 - May 24 with 2703 views49thseason

Incident at MEN on 12:13 - May 24 by Bass1

Just drive bulldozers through every building that preaches hate and encourages the slaughter of innocent men women and children. Enough is enough. If tough measures are not swiftly put into place, then I can only see the public taking the law into their own hands, which could then escalate into civil unrest.
Those poor families whom have had their young children murdered and maimed. For what? I cannot even imagine what they are going through. Again, enough is enough. Let's see how tough the Government gets over the forthcoming weeks.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 12:16]

Ive eaten tougher steaks. Amber Crudd and Maybe will bottle it every time
Incident at MEN on 15:22 - May 24 with 2618 viewsToffeemanc

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-belie

Police now believe the actual bombmaker is still at large. Hopefully they will be caught very soon.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:59 - May 24 with 2570 viewsArthurDaley

Incident at MEN on 13:41 - May 24 by 49thseason

Ive eaten tougher steaks. Amber Crudd and Maybe will bottle it every time

A large VAT Dave

Incident at MEN on 16:59 - May 24 with 2477 viewsfrenzied

An incident completely abhorrent to all normal decent peace loving human beings regardless of faith,colour or creed.

I am uncomfortable with the standard of media coverage of this incident..id be interested to get others thoughts on this..to me some of the coverage is crass..sticking a microphone in the face of a teenage girl whose blatently traumatised isn't really helping or informing anyone. its if the various media outlets whether they are TV radio or paper are trying to "out traumatise " each other and wherever the source of that comes from they simply don't care..and sadly with a lot of the individuals who were close to the incident being so young they are easy prey...

Last week when Brady passed away Granada reports had Lucy Meacock interviewing some psychology expert up on Saddleworth Moor to discuss that cretins mind set etc....although I appreciate the relevance of the moor...I feel again it creates a ghoulish twist which is unnecessary and indeed disrespectful to the families of those who were murdered.

Id be interested to hear the views of others
Incident at MEN on 17:51 - May 24 with 2431 viewstony_roch975

Incident at MEN on 10:17 - May 24 by DaleiLama

Exactly. And what has it achieved? Hardened the general public even more against IS, so terrorism has yet again been proven to be counter-productive. Meanwhile, 80 people have had their lives changed enormously and in many cases ended, with a knock-on effect for all their family and friends. Not to mention all the people who will be emotionally affected by being involved in this atrocity. The Dunkirk spirit will endure forever, but the cost to people is immeasurable. The only good in all of this is the immense pride felt for Manchester and how the people handled this.

[Post edited 24 May 2017 10:24]

Surely that hardening of (western, 'liberal') society against IS exactly what they want. It reinforces their ideology that the whole world is against them and Islam so justifies any actions they take. The 'harder' our response, the more we play into their hands. Great picture of Manchester spirit of hope not hate.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Incident at MEN on 18:01 - May 24 with 2404 views49thseason

And there is the problem with 24-hour news. When the story starts to flag or the "news" starts to run out, they have to become increasingly "creative" to fill the hours. There is very little actual journalism anymore but lots of presentation of facts, lies, opinions, scenarios, experts etc. People you thought had died years ago get wheeled out to opine, emote and sympathise. Its all just time filling, repetitive nonsense. Sadly, it also creates a narrative that too many take to be the reality.
Incident at MEN on 18:13 - May 24 with 2387 views49thseason

Incident at MEN on 15:22 - May 24 by Toffeemanc

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-belie

Police now believe the actual bombmaker is still at large. Hopefully they will be caught very soon.

My guess is that the bomb maker will have come into the country weeks ago and will certainly not have hung around to see the results of his handiwork they are far too valuable to risk getting caught in a manhunt. He has probably been back in Brussels for some time. The $64, 000 question is, how many devices did he make and who is looking after them.
Incident at MEN on 18:24 - May 24 with 2367 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Incident at MEN on 15:22 - May 24 by Toffeemanc

Bombmakers are valued by this rabble......they would not do the deed themselves, they brain wash some other idiot to sacrifice himself, and get back to the bomb factory to start all over again.
Incident at MEN on 08:48 - May 25 with 2064 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Incident at MEN on 16:59 - May 24 by frenzied

An incident completely abhorrent to all normal decent peace loving human beings regardless of faith,colour or creed.

I am uncomfortable with the standard of media coverage of this incident..id be interested to get others thoughts on this..to me some of the coverage is crass..sticking a microphone in the face of a teenage girl whose blatently traumatised isn't really helping or informing anyone. its if the various media outlets whether they are TV radio or paper are trying to "out traumatise " each other and wherever the source of that comes from they simply don't care..and sadly with a lot of the individuals who were close to the incident being so young they are easy prey...

Last week when Brady passed away Granada reports had Lucy Meacock interviewing some psychology expert up on Saddleworth Moor to discuss that cretins mind set etc....although I appreciate the relevance of the moor...I feel again it creates a ghoulish twist which is unnecessary and indeed disrespectful to the families of those who were murdered.

Id be interested to hear the views of others

I haven't seen any TV interviews with people affected by the attack that I thought were intrusive but, given the voracious nature of the 24 hour news beast referred to, that's not to say they haven't occurred.

I have read accounts of victims of previous terrorist attacks which say the level of intrusion by newspaper reporters, in terms of getting hold of their mobile number and pestering them with calls; contacting relatives, friends and work colleagues for information etc greatly increased the trauma they were suffering and thus increased the likelihood of PTSD.

I was struck by the interview conducted yesterday by Ed Thomas for the BBC with one of the Trustees of Didsbury Mosque, which Abedi attended. When asking him how it was they had not been aware of Abedi's extremism, it felt very much like Thomas was haranguing him for their failure. This is a very important and sensitive issue but it is not the BBC's job to be pointing figures or interrogating people in this manner.
Incident at MEN on 08:57 - May 25 with 2047 viewsKenBoon

I've seen a video of the tributes in St Ann's Square. There's basically a wall of cameras and reporters surrounding the entire thing, with more cameras, reporters and news anchors stood behind them, reporting LIVE from there. It's impossible to imagine a more public and noisy area. They've turned an area for tributes into a tv studio where anyone who wishes to grieve would have every expression, prayer and tear broadcast to the world. Then, best of luck getting out of there without being hassled for your thoughts.
Incident at MEN on 11:33 - May 25 with 1898 viewsDaleiLama

Incident at MEN on 17:51 - May 24 by tony_roch975

Surely that hardening of (western, 'liberal') society against IS exactly what they want. It reinforces their ideology that the whole world is against them and Islam so justifies any actions they take. The 'harder' our response, the more we play into their hands. Great picture of Manchester spirit of hope not hate.

Absolutely no idea what their motivation is. Leverage is often one of the motivations behind terrorism, but the inside of these depraved minds is totally opaque to me. I think anyone who becomes opposed to a religion because of terror bombing isn't really seeing the big picture. To loathe terrorist extremists who hi-jack a religion to promote their agenda is another thing altogether. Most Muslims are appalled at this vile, cowardly attack.

The poem read out at that assembly was also inspiring

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Incident at MEN on 14:45 - May 25 with 1734 views1mark1

Incident at MEN on 11:33 - May 25 by DaleiLama

Absolutely no idea what their motivation is. Leverage is often one of the motivations behind terrorism, but the inside of these depraved minds is totally opaque to me. I think anyone who becomes opposed to a religion because of terror bombing isn't really seeing the big picture. To loathe terrorist extremists who hi-jack a religion to promote their agenda is another thing altogether. Most Muslims are appalled at this vile, cowardly attack.

The poem read out at that assembly was also inspiring

Their real motivation is to cause terror and disruption to whoever their enemy is, whether in UK, Pakistan, or any other country. Unlike the IRA, in Ireland, ETA in Spain for example, they are not necessarily hoping to force a government to the table for negotiations etc. They don't seam to have any cause as such, or indeed represent anyone other than their sick, depraved selves.
What I said is in no way a justification for any terrorist act.

Incident at MEN on 15:01 - May 25 with 1709 viewspioneer

Incident at MEN on 14:45 - May 25 by 1mark1

Their real motivation is to cause terror and disruption to whoever their enemy is, whether in UK, Pakistan, or any other country. Unlike the IRA, in Ireland, ETA in Spain for example, they are not necessarily hoping to force a government to the table for negotiations etc. They don't seam to have any cause as such, or indeed represent anyone other than their sick, depraved selves.
What I said is in no way a justification for any terrorist act.

There does seem to be an association between the countries these folks come from or are linked to and countries we (the west) have attacked, usually in the name of regeime change (eg afghanistan, iraq, libya, syria).

No it doesnt justify the horrendous acts perpetrated on innocent people and the perpetrators must be apprehended and face the full extent of the law.

However once we start to focus on trying to understand why these things happen (and now is maybe not that time as we pursue the perpetrators and grieve the innocent victims) Id like to think it would extend to reviewing our foreign policy. We do have a track record of interfering in countries because we have decided we dont like the leader and then leaving these places in far worse states than they were in under those leaders. Of course there are other countries with despicable leaders that we choose not to interfere in - the choice of where to interfere often seems to be linked to the location of oil.
Incident at MEN on 15:33 - May 25 with 1657 views1mark1

Incident at MEN on 15:01 - May 25 by pioneer

There does seem to be an association between the countries these folks come from or are linked to and countries we (the west) have attacked, usually in the name of regeime change (eg afghanistan, iraq, libya, syria).

No it doesnt justify the horrendous acts perpetrated on innocent people and the perpetrators must be apprehended and face the full extent of the law.

However once we start to focus on trying to understand why these things happen (and now is maybe not that time as we pursue the perpetrators and grieve the innocent victims) Id like to think it would extend to reviewing our foreign policy. We do have a track record of interfering in countries because we have decided we dont like the leader and then leaving these places in far worse states than they were in under those leaders. Of course there are other countries with despicable leaders that we choose not to interfere in - the choice of where to interfere often seems to be linked to the location of oil.

Totally agree with you, in much what you say. The thing about Libya and Iraq, is that Ghaddaffi and Hussain, both kept the fundamentalists under control, as they both ran secular governments. Hussain's right hand man Tariiq Assis was a Christian. In fact in both countries, not only Christians but other religions as well as non religious people, were left alone, and unlike nowadays were not attacked. However the western powers did not like those two people,as they refused to allow the west to run the oil, and didn't trade in dollars. The bastard that committed this heinous, cowardly crime came from one of the opposition forces of Libya, hard line fundamentalists who want to make their form of religion all powerful at the expense of other Muslims and other religions. I simply don't understand why this bastard holds so much resentment against Britain, especially when this country was part of the coalition that got rid of their sworn enemy Ghaddifi.

Just hope from now on we syptay out of other countries civil wars etc.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024