Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incoming..... 14:35 - May 25 with 14346 viewsantmarina

First new signing in the building, signing the paperwork as we speak...

Roll on 3pm...
Incoming..... on 16:30 - May 25 with 3395 viewsSuddenLad

I've been told it's the lad from Birmingham. Do we know for sure which it is........ ?

EDIT:

It's the bury/Barnsley versio. See it on the club wesite..... KH thinks it's a bit of a coup, so I'll put my faith in him.....
[Post edited 25 May 2017 16:42]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Incoming..... on 16:32 - May 25 with 3387 viewsKnowlesy

Incoming..... on 16:12 - May 25 by leedsdale

Just watching Keith's interview at the moment; says he is a central defender or central midfielder, but can also play right back.

Also says that Andy Cannon is the number one replacement for Matty Lund, and that the days of AC playing right back are "long gone"

EDIT:

-Talked to a goalkeeper today, wants an equal no. 1
- Wants multi positional players
-When it comes to forward players definitely wants speedy players
[Post edited 25 May 2017 16:14]

Best thing about this is the part about Cannon. I'm excited to see him playing an important role in our midfield next season, and it fills me with pride that our full-time midfield 3 next season could be Camps, Allen and Cannon
Incoming..... on 16:58 - May 25 with 3261 viewsColDale

In the Youtube video, Hilly seems to talk about him in the way he does with the classic broken toy. Brown has to buy in with what we do and trust us to get him back on track.
Incoming..... on 17:12 - May 25 with 3202 views442Dale

Incoming..... on 16:32 - May 25 by Knowlesy

Best thing about this is the part about Cannon. I'm excited to see him playing an important role in our midfield next season, and it fills me with pride that our full-time midfield 3 next season could be Camps, Allen and Cannon

Cannon started in that box-box role really well last season and got a few goals, then for some reason he lost his way a bit.

Was surprisingly missing from the squad on occasion.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Incoming..... on 17:13 - May 25 with 3201 viewsisitme

To me Brown appears like a more technically gifted Rhys Bennett.
Incoming..... on 17:21 - May 25 with 3149 viewsboromat

Incoming..... on 16:32 - May 25 by Knowlesy

And Morley next in line!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Incoming..... on 17:26 - May 25 with 3121 viewsD_Dale

Incoming..... on 16:30 - May 25 by SuddenLad

I've been told it's the lad from Birmingham. Do we know for sure which it is........ ?

EDIT:

It's the bury/Barnsley versio. See it on the club wesite..... KH thinks it's a bit of a coup, so I'll put my faith in him.....
[Post edited 25 May 2017 16:42]

Those Twitter postings had me in panic - but the 21-year old with an apparent aversion to heading the ball is on Birmingham's books.

'Our' Reece, now 25, started off as a Man U trainee who never made a senior appearance (not always a positive point on a CV - but maybe confirms he has some football talent). He went on loan to various clubs, was signed by Watford for one season (one league appearance, as sub). Danny Wilson took him to Barnsley in July 2014, where he made a few appearances, and went on loan before Flicker took him to bury in January 2017.

Like other posters, I hope his career is revived by KH!
Incoming..... on 17:46 - May 25 with 3055 viewsTVOS1907

Incoming..... on 15:51 - May 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

Only played 7 games for bury, Strange Barry might be on with a few comments.

Played for Barnsley........was Hilly in command then?

No

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Incoming..... on 17:57 - May 25 with 3017 viewsrochdaleriddler

Interesting watching the interview with hill, he acknowledges individual errors cost us last season, a lot from mcnulty, he also says we suffer from a lack of height. My question would be why the continued faith in mcnulty, and why not get some height in. I'm thinking this cheap recruitment is to free up funds to replace NML, hope so

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Incoming..... on 18:01 - May 25 with 3001 viewsrochedale

Brilliant interview that, I could watch those KH interviews all day, those where he gets a little deeper into the strategies of trying to win/dominate football matches. I doubt there are many equal to him with his understanding of the game.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Incoming..... on 18:16 - May 25 with 2956 viewsColDale

Incoming..... on 17:57 - May 25 by rochdaleriddler

Interesting watching the interview with hill, he acknowledges individual errors cost us last season, a lot from mcnulty, he also says we suffer from a lack of height. My question would be why the continued faith in mcnulty, and why not get some height in. I'm thinking this cheap recruitment is to free up funds to replace NML, hope so

did he drop a hint in there as well that he sees McNulty as being ahead of Canavan in the pecking order? Not a fan of Canavan, but not like Hill to suggest a pecking order.
Incoming..... on 18:35 - May 25 with 2886 views442Dale

Incoming..... on 18:16 - May 25 by ColDale

did he drop a hint in there as well that he sees McNulty as being ahead of Canavan in the pecking order? Not a fan of Canavan, but not like Hill to suggest a pecking order.

If there's an order it'd be preferable that Canavan didn't get a peck at all.

While it's good that problem areas have been identified, it's something that should have happened in January. But I think Hill is fully aware of that.

Incoming..... on 19:06 - May 25 with 2776 views442Dale

Incoming..... on 18:01 - May 25 by rochedale

Brilliant interview that, I could watch those KH interviews all day, those where he gets a little deeper into the strategies of trying to win/dominate football matches. I doubt there are many equal to him with his understanding of the game.

Just finished listening and it's excellent. Really interesting insight into things tactically, making perfect sense around the club's overall philosophy.

It made so much sense that it makes you wonder exactly why we struggled to deal effectively with Joe Bunney's injury last season...

Incoming..... on 20:12 - May 25 with 2613 viewsrkershaw

Incoming..... on 19:06 - May 25 by 442Dale

Just finished listening and it's excellent. Really interesting insight into things tactically, making perfect sense around the club's overall philosophy.

It made so much sense that it makes you wonder exactly why we struggled to deal effectively with Joe Bunney's injury last season...

Ex-Fletcher Moss Rangers...... top junior club indeed!!!
Incoming..... on 00:07 - May 26 with 2358 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Incoming..... on 17:46 - May 25 by TVOS1907

No

Ta
Incoming..... on 08:10 - May 26 with 2147 viewsVivaDonaldo

I'd imagine problems were spotted on January, but January is a very difficult time to do business. Picking up out of contract players in the summer is much easier.

Happy with this signing. Athletic, versatile , potential. Everything you want in a Keith Hill signing.
Incoming..... on 08:26 - May 26 with 2112 viewsTVOS1907

Incoming..... on 08:10 - May 26 by VivaDonaldo

I'd imagine problems were spotted on January, but January is a very difficult time to do business. Picking up out of contract players in the summer is much easier.

Happy with this signing. Athletic, versatile , potential. Everything you want in a Keith Hill signing.

But we signed two left-backs in January - then didn't play them!

Incoming..... on 09:37 - May 26 with 2018 viewsVivaDonaldo

Incoming..... on 08:26 - May 26 by TVOS1907

But we signed two left-backs in January - then didn't play them!

Completely understand people perspective on that but the way I look at it is that 1st team quality players don't tend to move in January (unless for money, which we're never likely to spend).

We took a gamble on two young academy prospects who have never had much 1st team action between them in the hope that they would show signs of being ready.

Unfortunately for us, neither were in Keith Hills eyes. Annoying, definitely given the position we were in but with our budget these gambles have to be taken.
Incoming..... on 09:49 - May 26 with 1996 viewsTVOS1907

Incoming..... on 09:37 - May 26 by VivaDonaldo

Completely understand people perspective on that but the way I look at it is that 1st team quality players don't tend to move in January (unless for money, which we're never likely to spend).

We took a gamble on two young academy prospects who have never had much 1st team action between them in the hope that they would show signs of being ready.

Unfortunately for us, neither were in Keith Hills eyes. Annoying, definitely given the position we were in but with our budget these gambles have to be taken.

It would be interesting to hear what exactly happened with those two.

Incoming..... on 10:17 - May 26 with 1927 viewsDareToCalvin

I would imagine with Taylor that he thought he was bigger than the club? Hill said yesterday in his interview that any player who thinks they are bigger must leave immediately.
Not sure with Kitching; looked alright but he's hardly played at all in his career, maybe Hill thought he wasn't ready to start every week until he's had a full pre-season with us?
Incoming..... on 10:19 - May 26 with 1923 viewsDaleiLama

Incoming..... on 19:06 - May 25 by 442Dale

Very good listen - found part one and part two links tweeted out and just finished pt. 2.

Is the jigsaw going to be on sale in the club shop?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Incoming..... on 10:21 - May 26 with 1917 viewsKnowlesy

Incoming..... on 10:17 - May 26 by DareToCalvin

I would imagine with Taylor that he thought he was bigger than the club? Hill said yesterday in his interview that any player who thinks they are bigger must leave immediately.
Not sure with Kitching; looked alright but he's hardly played at all in his career, maybe Hill thought he wasn't ready to start every week until he's had a full pre-season with us?

Keith mentions Kitch in his interview a couple of times, seems like he may feature more this season as you say with a full pre season.
Incoming..... on 11:48 - May 26 with 1769 viewsColDale

Incoming..... on 10:17 - May 26 by DareToCalvin

Taylor has just been released by stoke
Incoming..... on 11:58 - May 26 with 1742 viewsborodale

Incoming..... on 11:48 - May 26 by ColDale

Taylor has just been released by stoke

Hmm, bit surprised by that, was supposedly on the fringe of the first team and in high regard. Looked good when on the left wing in his only game!!
Incoming..... on 12:06 - May 26 with 1707 viewsParkinsGimp

Seriously underwhelmed by this signing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024