Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chippy tea 08:40 - Nov 3 with 3553 viewsmodelboydave

I'm told after the don's victory yesterday they were treated to a Wilbutts lane chippy tea - the club sec ordered 31 portions of fish and chips. Sounds like a perfect end to the day. Although I'm sure some of the nutrition people would not approve .

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Chippy tea on 10:10 - Nov 3 with 3427 viewsnordenblue

Funny you mention that as a couple of weeks ago a player currently playing for Chester Fc that once played for Stoke was on GMR giving an interview about his time playing etc, and this has been quite common throughout his career,seem to think it was Higginbotham was his name?I was quite surprised to hear it,but during the Parkin era a pizza in the dressing room straight after the game was very common too!
Chippy tea on 11:22 - Nov 3 with 3231 views442Dale

Chippy tea on 10:10 - Nov 3 by nordenblue

Funny you mention that as a couple of weeks ago a player currently playing for Chester Fc that once played for Stoke was on GMR giving an interview about his time playing etc, and this has been quite common throughout his career,seem to think it was Higginbotham was his name?I was quite surprised to hear it,but during the Parkin era a pizza in the dressing room straight after the game was very common too!

Danny Higginbotham. Was playing in the Championship and L1 last year too.

Could be wrong, but think Dale have pizzas after games still. Certainly have in the past as part of their post-match routine.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chippy tea on 16:11 - Nov 3 with 2740 viewsSaxonDale

Pretty much every club in the country has pizza post match. Hence why there was pizza at 'Pizzagate.'
Chippy tea on 16:16 - Nov 3 with 2721 viewsmodelboydave

During the first era of Kh - I remember going around the dressing room pre game. I was amazed at what I saw Jaffa cakes, penny sweets, harribos, lots of sweets designed for quick energy.

I'm reading SAF book at the moment, most teams in the prem provide chicken or pizza after the game.

Chippy tea on 16:16 - Nov 3 with 2720 viewsBartRowou

After the Colchester 0 - 0 1995, I met Peake, Reid and Martin in the local sweet shop stocking up on lemon bonbons and the like.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Chippy tea on 16:47 - Nov 3 with 2657 viewsRAFC1907

Many footballers do have pizza right after a game, dominoes to be more hoest with you.

Relating to the nutrition side of things, most of the ingredients in the sports shakes are very harmful, the same with lucozade sport drinks, and powerade etc, if you do research on some of the ingredients you will find that all kinds of illness are linked.

Nobody can tell me a powder is better than eating a chicken fillet fresh from the butchers if they require protein.

Anyone with common sense knows the importance of fruit, veg, clean water, clean fish and meat,

Providing your not sticking additives, preserveatives, processed food into your body all the time you should be okay, just make sure you put good things into your body such as fruit and vegetables.

As for a chippy tea at the Willbutts lane chippy goes, I would love it if I was treated to fish and chips from their, got to be the best chippy in the town by a mile.

Infact if we get three points in the next home game, see you there!

Poll: Bottomley...

Chippy tea on 16:49 - Nov 3 with 2648 views442Dale

Chippy tea on 16:16 - Nov 3 by BartRowou

After the Colchester 0 - 0 1995, I met Peake, Reid and Martin in the local sweet shop stocking up on lemon bonbons and the like.

They did similar at away games. Shop on the corner near Scarborough's ground was a favourite.

It's still there, the ground is wasteland. Looks like a bonbon's hit it.

Chippy tea on 17:06 - Nov 3 with 2595 viewsTVOS1907

Chippy tea on 16:49 - Nov 3 by 442Dale

They did similar at away games. Shop on the corner near Scarborough's ground was a favourite.

It's still there, the ground is wasteland. Looks like a bonbon's hit it.

That reminds me ... saw a sign in Walsden last week advertising 'Bombfire Wood Here'.

Should have mentioned it on here earlier - they might have changed it before the weekend.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Chippy tea on 17:12 - Nov 3 with 2579 viewsD_Alien

Chippy tea on 17:06 - Nov 3 by TVOS1907

That reminds me ... saw a sign in Walsden last week advertising 'Bombfire Wood Here'.

Should have mentioned it on here earlier - they might have changed it before the weekend.

On the end of a gable wall in Bredbury, someone has used bright red paint to advertise the fact that "Mr X at 27 is a baby beeter"

[Post edited 3 Nov 2013 17:12]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chippy tea on 17:26 - Nov 3 with 2538 views442Dale

Chippy tea on 17:12 - Nov 3 by D_Alien

On the end of a gable wall in Bredbury, someone has used bright red paint to advertise the fact that "Mr X at 27 is a baby beeter"

[Post edited 3 Nov 2013 17:12]

Stick him with some potato pie and there's your post-match meal.

Chippy tea on 18:35 - Nov 3 with 2395 views_dezzy

Chippy tea on 17:26 - Nov 3 by 442Dale

Stick him with some potato pie and there's your post-match meal.

I remember a game at the old Northampton ground back in the day, We had gone down on the train, called in a shop to stock up on beer, while we was in a couple of players came in and bought a couple of crates and got back on the coach, cant remember who it was, but we was a bit shocked

KHBA

Chippy tea on 19:34 - Nov 3 with 2304 viewsdingdangblue

Chippy tea on 18:35 - Nov 3 by _dezzy

I remember a game at the old Northampton ground back in the day, We had gone down on the train, called in a shop to stock up on beer, while we was in a couple of players came in and bought a couple of crates and got back on the coach, cant remember who it was, but we was a bit shocked

Paddy?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Chippy tea on 19:55 - Nov 3 with 2266 viewspedrodale

Chippy tea on 19:34 - Nov 3 by dingdangblue

Paddy?

Coleman
Chippy tea on 01:50 - Nov 4 with 2050 viewsKenBoon

Not food but a few years back before a game at Macc, Gareth Griffiths was in the mini market around the corner buying a load of batteries. Massive batteries. Probably for a whacking big stereo.
Chippy tea on 11:08 - Nov 4 with 1924 viewsAtThePeake

A few years ago when we played Wrexham away on boxing day, I saw Jamie Clarke getting a burger from a van outside the ground! He was injured and not in the matchday squad, but still.

Tangled up in blue.

Chippy tea on 12:03 - Nov 4 with 1866 viewsD_Alien

Chippy tea on 11:08 - Nov 4 by AtThePeake

A few years ago when we played Wrexham away on boxing day, I saw Jamie Clarke getting a burger from a van outside the ground! He was injured and not in the matchday squad, but still.

He was often "still" when in the matchday squad (though never as "still" as Ashley Grimes)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chippy tea on 15:39 - Nov 4 with 1725 viewsmodelboydave

reminds me of a few years ago. cant remember what match , it was an away match, in one of Lee McEvilly's spells with us. I went to the burger bar and ordered 2 pies, one for me and one for my dad. I was informed the bloke next to me had just got the last 2. Lee McEvillly.

'are you both for you?' i said. 'yes' he replied.

.........'greedy scouse git' dad chipped in.

we had a hot dog.

Chippy tea on 16:38 - Nov 4 with 1666 viewsDySporting

Many years ago I think Halifax away, I took some photos of players not in the match day squad eating burgers and then manager Steve Parkin saw the photo and went nuts.

He was not impressed with the players from what I gathered
Chippy tea on 17:13 - Nov 4 with 1632 viewsjudd

Chippy tea on 16:38 - Nov 4 by DySporting

Many years ago I think Halifax away, I took some photos of players not in the match day squad eating burgers and then manager Steve Parkin saw the photo and went nuts.

He was not impressed with the players from what I gathered

My wife teaches food technology at a bury school and had arranged for some bury players to give a talk to a class about the importance of nutritional diets for professional sports people*.

Three of 'em turned up and proceeded to tell the class that after a recent away night game, the manager took the entire squad to the nearest McDonalds.

*Standard disclaimer applies

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chippy tea on 17:39 - Nov 4 with 1605 views442Dale

Chippy tea on 17:13 - Nov 4 by judd

My wife teaches food technology at a bury school and had arranged for some bury players to give a talk to a class about the importance of nutritional diets for professional sports people*.

Three of 'em turned up and proceeded to tell the class that after a recent away night game, the manager took the entire squad to the nearest McDonalds.

*Standard disclaimer applies

Were the Development Squad on Happy Meals?

Chippy tea on 18:22 - Nov 4 with 1561 viewsHopwoodblue

A number of years ago we had just come out of the social club at Southend after drowning our sorrows being on the wrong end of a 5 - 0 thrashing and there's Ronnie Moore just climbing on the team bus with a crate of Holstein Pils, he did apologise for the defeat !!!

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024