Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazing 20:31 - Apr 18 with 3569 views49thseason

Yesterday we played Coventry City off the pitch and so far 6 of the 7 teams above us have failed to beat us at the COA. We play on equal terms against the likes of Bolton, Millwall and Sheffield United. Teams that in the past would have brushed us aside without a thought now have to stand toe to toe with us and often come unstuck. Best of all no one thinks we are a laughing stock anymore, no pushover, no easy 3 points, no opportunity to play a few kids or borderline squad members. Best of all we can all go to matches expecting that we will get a result.
We have 20, 21, 22-year-old kids playing like seasoned Professionals (which they are).
Kids from Premiership clubs actually want to come and play for us.
And we play an exciting brand of football previously only seen in visiting teams.
We own the stadium and are at the start of the biggest ticket-selling promotion in living memory.
Am I the only one who thinks this is nothing less than amazing?
Amazing on 20:44 - Apr 18 with 3511 viewsrochdaleriddler

It is, and with better team selection, we would be in the play offs for certain, still amazing how far we have come though

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Amazing on 07:24 - Apr 19 with 3133 viewsaleanddale

4th round of the FA Cup..

Top 9 finish.

Yes agree amazing season ( again ).
Amazing on 08:17 - Apr 19 with 3079 viewsfrenzied

Considering we will end up between 6th and 10th at worse its been a great season.

We will go through the usual ins and outs in the summer..its the first season I'm aware of that we have some decent money to spend from the Hogan deal.

Although we have some players under contract id still expect offers to come in for them..it may be that Hilly shows his cards early as a statement of intent to those who may get enticed away.
Fingers crossed for sat at Boundary ..just go for it Dale!!
Amazing on 08:51 - Apr 19 with 3024 viewsfitzochris

I said it on another thread, and echo the above - it's been a terrific season no matter what.

It's hard not to rue the bad spell from the end of January, but we're still in with the slightest of chances of sixth place.

I firmly believe that next season will be a very competitive one, whatever division we're in, and there is no way we'll go into the new season having had to re-sign players we've previously released.

Im still going to keep that Wembley weekend free, though

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Amazing on 09:08 - Apr 19 with 2984 viewsSuddenLad

Is there anything to come from Sheffield United following their promotion ? I seem to remember there was mention of a clause in the Matt Done transfer allowing for a 'bonus' for Dale in the event of them reaching the Championship.

Or was that only effective in the season that his move took place ?

Someone will know !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Amazing on 09:25 - Apr 19 with 2951 viewsfitzochris

Amazing on 09:08 - Apr 19 by SuddenLad

Is there anything to come from Sheffield United following their promotion ? I seem to remember there was mention of a clause in the Matt Done transfer allowing for a 'bonus' for Dale in the event of them reaching the Championship.

Or was that only effective in the season that his move took place ?

Someone will know !

If there is, I'm sure it was 442 who suggested an idea might be to waive this in a bid to get him back here.

Amazing on 09:27 - Apr 19 with 2928 viewsnordenblue

Amazing on 09:25 - Apr 19 by fitzochris

If there is, I'm sure it was 442 who suggested an idea might be to waive this in a bid to get him back here.

Is he not out of contract end of the season anyway so a "free"whatever we make would be worth throwing at his wages in my opinion at least....
Amazing on 09:31 - Apr 19 with 2918 viewsfitzochris

Amazing on 09:27 - Apr 19 by nordenblue

Is he not out of contract end of the season anyway so a "free"whatever we make would be worth throwing at his wages in my opinion at least....

Aye that might be it. Just give him the cash as a signing-on fee.

Login to get fewer ads

Amazing on 10:53 - Apr 19 with 2809 viewsD_Alien

Amazing on 09:31 - Apr 19 by fitzochris

Aye that might be it. Just give him the cash as a signing-on fee.

That would be preferable to breaking the overall wage structure and putting squad unity at risk, even for Matty Done

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Amazing on 22:42 - Apr 19 with 2492 viewsR17ALE

If I can add to the venerable 49th season's post, there was a time when we dreaded visits from the likes of Darlo and Stockport, and even Halifax.

Now, we relish visits by clubs who were once entertained by the Sky Strikers (randy teenagers should google these!).

No 49. You are not the only one who thinks it's amazing. I do too. I remember when we lived in a hole in the ground, paying mill owner for privilege to do so.

These days it's luxury. Paradise!

Tell the young'uns today what we went through and they wouldn't believe you!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Amazing on 01:32 - Apr 20 with 2394 viewsdownunder

Amazing on 22:42 - Apr 19 by R17ALE

If I can add to the venerable 49th season's post, there was a time when we dreaded visits from the likes of Darlo and Stockport, and even Halifax.

Now, we relish visits by clubs who were once entertained by the Sky Strikers (randy teenagers should google these!).

No 49. You are not the only one who thinks it's amazing. I do too. I remember when we lived in a hole in the ground, paying mill owner for privilege to do so.

These days it's luxury. Paradise!

Tell the young'uns today what we went through and they wouldn't believe you!

Have you been drinking Chateau de Chassilier again?
Amazing on 07:24 - Apr 20 with 2308 viewsD_Alien

Amazing on 01:32 - Apr 20 by downunder

Have you been drinking Chateau de Chassilier again?

Eric Razzle?

Amazing on 10:18 - Apr 20 with 2172 viewsR17ALE

Always worth another look.

It helps if you imagine it's Chris Dunphy delivering the opening line saying "who would have thought it 30 years ago that we'd be sitting 8th in League 1"

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=four+yorkshiremen+monty+python&view=detail&m

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Amazing on 13:57 - Apr 20 with 1982 viewsD_Alien

Amazing on 10:18 - Apr 20 by R17ALE

Always worth another look.

It helps if you imagine it's Chris Dunphy delivering the opening line saying "who would have thought it 30 years ago that we'd be sitting 8th in League 1"

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=four+yorkshiremen+monty+python&view=detail&m

Definitely worth another look, and I thought you'd prefer E. Razzle over F. Idle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024