Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick - some questions 21:15 - Jul 22 with 4852 viewscynicalsaint

As you have the inside track on a lot of issues and are a finance kind of guy...

Can you confirm whether SFC furloughed staff during the pandemic / will be using the employers benefit for retaining staff post pandemic?

Do SFC pay the living wage? Last reference i can see is 2019 when we weren't one of the 4 EPL clubs that did but would like to be re-assured that it's changed.

Do you know / any way you can find out what the average lead time to paying invoices for suppliers is at the club (and whether there's a material difference for this between small businesses and larger suppliers)?

Thanks.
Nick - some questions on 09:32 - Jul 24 with 1063 viewssaintwizzler

The plot thickens..

At last an answer.

I replied to him almost immediately last Wednesday.

Looks like he was on holibobs, hope he’s having a lovely time.

Good morning

Thank you for your email.

It looks like we haven’t received a response from you since my colleague asked you for your details.

Please could you fill in the details below and get back to us so we can assist you with this.

Unfortunately the colleague who emailed you is on annual leave so if you have emailed them directly we have not seen this email.

Kind Regards,

James
Ticket Office Assistant
Southampton FC
E: tickets@saintsfc.co.uk

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Nick - some questions on 10:29 - Jul 24 with 1026 viewssaintwizzler

cynicalsaint - I have PM’d you on here.

Good luck.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Nick - some questions on 12:24 - Jul 24 with 988 viewsTimSaint

Nick - some questions on 07:21 - Jul 24 by saintwizzler

I asked for an immediate refund as it was stated by the Club was possible before August.
I had the same email as Cynical a week last Wednesday, I believe he got his the day after, saying to reply with bank details and the refund would be processed.
I did immediately.
I have had nothing since. I have emailed everyday this week and no reply.
I just want an answer off someone to when it is coming.
Why offer an early refund (before August) if your not going to deliver.
Bank transfers are immediate in this day and age are they not?

To be told that there’s no one available in the TO to talk to as they are not in because of lockdown seems strange when there’s some manning the phones on Main Reception (what a snotty cow) and telephone sales in the Megastore.

I’m resigned to the refund not coming before August (balance this months books) so I will try once more today and then stop and wait.

I received and email from the club this morning ’The Sash is back!’

Thanks x

If you are specifically asking for an early refund, then fair enough. The club should honour that, if they offered that option.

At least you are trying to claim your money through the correct channels, rather than using the non-payment as an excuse to belittle the club and question it's financial dealings in terms of Furlough, Living and Payment of Invoices.

Good luck with your quest and I'll shout you a Heineken at the next available away game opportunity - whenever that may be !!

TimSaint

Nick - some questions on 12:32 - Jul 24 with 988 viewsTimSaint

Nick - some questions on 08:24 - Jul 24 by cynicalsaint

It wasn't intended to be a wind up but it does seem to have triggered a few people.

It wasn't an attention seeking exercise either - read it back. I just asked some questions, in good faith, as I don't have any contacts at the club and figured Nick might be able to shed some light.

No answers, but i copped plenty of flack as a result - which is fine but suggesting my position is "i want my share and i want it now regardless of the fact that their (sic) may be other more in need" is completely missing the point.

Plenty on here (me included) have piled in on other clubs with 'dubious' business practices...

Bugaluggs asked why people don't just walk away. Thats easy when your a 'customer' - but not so much when you're a fan.

I wasn't giving you any flack, but simply asking a couple of questions.

You have now said it wasn't a wind-up or an attention seeking exercise, so why question the club financially with regards to their Furlough, Living Wage, Payment of Invoices and (most importantly to you?) their refund policy ? (They told you when you'd get refunded).

TimSaint

Nick - some questions on 12:43 - Jul 24 with 987 viewsTimSaint

Nick - some questions on 07:42 - Jul 24 by Buggalugs

The ticket office rang me back within 2 hours of filling out the season ticket renewal form to process my payment, so the “no-one in the ticket office” excuse is bollox.

I too completed an online questionnaire about renewing 2 x STs. I believe I posted about it at the time, as the new ticket system couldn't apply the discounts of 2 x STs to the renewal price.
The TO called me back the following morning and said that because of the new ticketing system, I would have to have the discounts applied manually and that I could call back and renew over the phone, whenever I was ready to do so.
I have since called back and spoken to the TO people, no problem.

Fans renewing their STs are giving the club money, so it makes financial sense for them to have more TO personnel working on renewals than on refunds. The club planned to use some of the renewal cash to pay off those who want refunds.

Perhaps if renewals are a little slow on the uptake, as is rumoured, then there will undoubtedly be delays with refund payments, hence why they said refunding starts in August when they've got some money in.

TimSaint

Nick - some questions on 13:06 - Jul 24 with 980 viewsBuggalugs

Nick - some questions on 12:43 - Jul 24 by TimSaint

I too completed an online questionnaire about renewing 2 x STs. I believe I posted about it at the time, as the new ticket system couldn't apply the discounts of 2 x STs to the renewal price.
The TO called me back the following morning and said that because of the new ticketing system, I would have to have the discounts applied manually and that I could call back and renew over the phone, whenever I was ready to do so.
I have since called back and spoken to the TO people, no problem.

Fans renewing their STs are giving the club money, so it makes financial sense for them to have more TO personnel working on renewals than on refunds. The club planned to use some of the renewal cash to pay off those who want refunds.

Perhaps if renewals are a little slow on the uptake, as is rumoured, then there will undoubtedly be delays with refund payments, hence why they said refunding starts in August when they've got some money in.

Exactly and in fact I specifically renewed the other day after hearing about cynicalsaint’s plight, so the club could reimburse him with immediate effect.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Nick - some questions on 13:20 - Jul 24 with 969 viewscynicalsaint

Nick - some questions on 12:32 - Jul 24 by TimSaint

I wasn't giving you any flack, but simply asking a couple of questions.

You have now said it wasn't a wind-up or an attention seeking exercise, so why question the club financially with regards to their Furlough, Living Wage, Payment of Invoices and (most importantly to you?) their refund policy ? (They told you when you'd get refunded).

Sorry - i replied to your post to address the points re. wind up etc. Didn't mean to infer you had lobbed any grenades at me.

I'll have another go.

Getting the money back into my bank account isn't the point (or at least it wasn't meant to be the point).

My questions were all about how the club conducts itself / treats us as fans. The fact they chose to defer repayment, then told me how critical it is to keep money in the club to fund transfers (i pointed out some supporters might be relying on the refund to pay the rent), haven't done what they said they would (get my refund back to me once i had requested it) all undermine my trust that they are 'doing the right thing'.

It might not matter that much to anyone else on here but personally i'd like to support a club that i can feel proud of safe in the knowledge that they have their supporters and the local community at their heart. Probably naive and maybe the EPL means my ship has sailed.

If Nick had responded to my original questions with a simple No, Yes, not sure but as i understand it they're as good as gold, then i would have walked away with that little bit of re-assurance that i was hoping to get by starting this thread.
Nick - some questions on 06:08 - Jul 25 with 886 viewsareasix

I am very lucky I have a job and after working overtime last week I have just renewed my season ticket so I now feel although they owe me a refund I can now wait for the real action to start and watch the new signings arrive knowing I have done my tiny little bit to make it happen.
I just feel next season is going to be great with defence reinforcements at last an additional young vibrant midfielder and Ings and Adams up front with some able support acts. COYS
Login to get fewer ads

Nick - some questions on 14:50 - Jul 25 with 828 viewsArchersRoad

Nick, I only have one question for you.

When did fanzine administrators become responsible for their football club's policies and ethics?
Nick - some questions on 16:12 - Jul 25 with 802 viewscynicalsaint

Nick - some questions on 14:50 - Jul 25 by ArchersRoad

Nick, I only have one question for you.

When did fanzine administrators become responsible for their football club's policies and ethics?

don't think anyone suggested they are did they?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024