Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sobering reading for Brixiteers 15:30 - Jun 1 with 2309 viewsinthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jun/01/brexit-historic-economic-error-

I know most have their head in the sand and screaming loudly to block the reality.
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 15:36 - Jun 1 with 2288 viewsdirk_doone

"The UK has the highest food inflation rate in the industrialised world"

One of the main reasons for that is the cost of importing food from Europe has soared because of the cost of the Brexit bureacracy and the delays caused by it.

Overall, Brexit has been an economic disaster for this country and has left most people worse off.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 15:45 - Jun 1 with 2267 viewsarfurdent

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 15:36 - Jun 1 by dirk_doone

"The UK has the highest food inflation rate in the industrialised world"

One of the main reasons for that is the cost of importing food from Europe has soared because of the cost of the Brexit bureacracy and the delays caused by it.

Overall, Brexit has been an economic disaster for this country and has left most people worse off.

but it has seriously pissed off a lot of the EU bigwigs, so it is worth it

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 16:42 - Jun 1 with 2232 viewsStRipper

If its in the state controlled and Bill Gates Guardian, I wouldn't wipe my a"se with their opinions.
Its not Brexit thats the problem, its the corrupt Parliament who are desperate not to actually implement it or use it as a vehicle to make their friends richer and damn the lot of us.
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 17:13 - Jun 1 with 2201 viewsBazza

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 16:42 - Jun 1 by StRipper

If its in the state controlled and Bill Gates Guardian, I wouldn't wipe my a"se with their opinions.
Its not Brexit thats the problem, its the corrupt Parliament who are desperate not to actually implement it or use it as a vehicle to make their friends richer and damn the lot of us.

I agree Ripper, looking forward to full Brexit implementation when the at home civil servants decide to do the jobs they're paid to do ( what people voted for) rather than what they themselves prefer.
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 17:49 - Jun 1 with 2173 viewssaintmark1976

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 17:13 - Jun 1 by Bazza

I agree Ripper, looking forward to full Brexit implementation when the at home civil servants decide to do the jobs they're paid to do ( what people voted for) rather than what they themselves prefer.

arfurdent, StRipper and Bazza you all need to get out more and stop reading The Daily Mail, Express and The Sun.If done I can assure you that your mental health will improve overnight.

Independent analysis states that coming out of Europe has resulted in an ongoing 4% decline in the size of our economy compared to had we stayed in. Fruit rots in the fields, the N H S and our Care Homes are understaffed because we gave decent European workers the finger, resulting in them returning home.

You now can’t stay in Europe for more than ninety days continuously, always assuming of course that you can get through any of our channel ports without queuing for hours or on occasions days.

Not forgetting of course that now that European water laws no longer apply its perfectly acceptable to pump millions of tons of untreated sewage into our rivers and coasts.

I’m happy for you to post your thoughts stating any benefits of leaving to counter the above mentioned, but in all honesty I won’t be holding my breath.
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 18:40 - Jun 1 with 2134 viewsMessysaints

i thought EU food inflation is 23 % in March, according to the EU its self https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/products-eurostat-news/w/ddn-20230508-2, with individual places like Hungry around 30 % +. 18 different places with faster rising food costs, some of these places already had higher food prices than the UK.

Isnt Germany in a reccession?
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 18:54 - Jun 1 with 2117 viewsStRipper

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 17:49 - Jun 1 by saintmark1976

arfurdent, StRipper and Bazza you all need to get out more and stop reading The Daily Mail, Express and The Sun.If done I can assure you that your mental health will improve overnight.

Independent analysis states that coming out of Europe has resulted in an ongoing 4% decline in the size of our economy compared to had we stayed in. Fruit rots in the fields, the N H S and our Care Homes are understaffed because we gave decent European workers the finger, resulting in them returning home.

You now can’t stay in Europe for more than ninety days continuously, always assuming of course that you can get through any of our channel ports without queuing for hours or on occasions days.

Not forgetting of course that now that European water laws no longer apply its perfectly acceptable to pump millions of tons of untreated sewage into our rivers and coasts.

I’m happy for you to post your thoughts stating any benefits of leaving to counter the above mentioned, but in all honesty I won’t be holding my breath.

Seriously? Who reads a paper for actual information these days? Its just state propaganda in different wrappers. I stopped following the naive left/right agendas some time ago.

I don't know if you've noticed but there is no shortage of immigrants coming to the UK, being put up in hotels by the Govt. Shame they don't use that money to help our own citizens.
https://www.ft.com/content/674525e8-ce3e-42aa-b5d1-36260d17179a
Oh, yeah, I forgot, any money spare is for Ukranians and to continue to foment war with Russia. Looks like we're pretty much still in lockstep with Europe and the rest of the lunatics on pretty much every political agenda.

The financial decline is global, whilst the cultists follow their human hating net zero agenda.

And we don't need Europe to tell our water companies not to pump sewage in the sea either. Isn't that the job of Govt? To enforce regulations? Pretty sad if you think we are powerless in the UK to do anything about that. In the same way as the Govt allowed us to get screwed with energy prices, whilst they give the market to a few big players and add to the pain with their green energy taxes, laughing at us still paying whilst the wholesale price barely ever went up. All a big coordinated transfer of wealth from the poorest to the richest.

If you think Ursula von de Leyen is the answer, you clearly haven't been watching EU affairs
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 19:03]
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 18:59 - Jun 1 with 2110 viewsChesham_Saint

Brexiteers/Remoaners? What the fvck. How about ‘just getting on with it ffs peeps’

Can’t we just move on. It’s worse than the jocks and their once in a generation bollocks.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 19:29 - Jun 1 with 2089 viewssaintmark1976

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 18:54 - Jun 1 by StRipper

Seriously? Who reads a paper for actual information these days? Its just state propaganda in different wrappers. I stopped following the naive left/right agendas some time ago.

I don't know if you've noticed but there is no shortage of immigrants coming to the UK, being put up in hotels by the Govt. Shame they don't use that money to help our own citizens.
https://www.ft.com/content/674525e8-ce3e-42aa-b5d1-36260d17179a
Oh, yeah, I forgot, any money spare is for Ukranians and to continue to foment war with Russia. Looks like we're pretty much still in lockstep with Europe and the rest of the lunatics on pretty much every political agenda.

The financial decline is global, whilst the cultists follow their human hating net zero agenda.

And we don't need Europe to tell our water companies not to pump sewage in the sea either. Isn't that the job of Govt? To enforce regulations? Pretty sad if you think we are powerless in the UK to do anything about that. In the same way as the Govt allowed us to get screwed with energy prices, whilst they give the market to a few big players and add to the pain with their green energy taxes, laughing at us still paying whilst the wholesale price barely ever went up. All a big coordinated transfer of wealth from the poorest to the richest.

If you think Ursula von de Leyen is the answer, you clearly haven't been watching EU affairs
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 19:03]

St Ripper, with great respect I did ask you to tabulate the benefits of leaving Europe as you see them. Your reply details no benefit whatsoever. I wonder if that’s because there aren’t any?

Indeed, your anger appears to be solely directed at the current government, a view with which I have some sympathy given that they are not really very good at what they are supposed to do are they?
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 19:48 - Jun 1 with 2072 viewsBazza

Remember the water companies are mostly foreign owned. The best thing about Brexit is getting away from being consistently outvoted by Germany and it’s sidekick France. How can anyone want any part of an organisation that fails to sign off their own financials and boasts Kinnocks as their paid supporters
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 20:50 - Jun 1 with 2028 viewsSouthamptonfan

I voted to leave the EU, because firstly the PM at the time, David Cameron told us not to. I don't trust the "experts", those in power to tell the truth, so I voted the opposite. Look at what the "experts" told us to do about COVID, they crippled the economy but now the disease has completely disappeared and lockdowns seem like a distant memory. Sweden imposed no lockdowns and no more died of the disease. We have 200 billion to pay back, many have lost their businesses and mental health has been destroyed. Did we really need 3 full lockdowns?

Secondly, "making our own laws" meant to me that we could decide ourselves, through elections etc what we want (not what the EU wants or decides). Our country, our decisions. Why should someone in Romania have a vote on something that's affects us but not them, any more than we should vote on Romanian issues. Why have an arrangement that allows us to go to Romania and Poland, when British people aren't likely to go there but they will all come here? They all flood in to our country, because there are more jobs etc but none of us go there. What kind of deal is that?

Thirdly, the Brexit vote wasn't about stopping immigration. It was about controlling it. If the idiots in power can't see that we should still welcome fruit pickers and NHS staff, but limit others, then more fool them. Allow in who we need, don't allow in those we don't need. It's not rocket science. Those risking their lives to cross the Channel come here because we give them a good deal. Again, it's not rocket science. Stop putting them in expensive hotels, stop the various benefits they get when they come over and then they are less likely to want to come here. Again, the idiots in power are not making the right decisions.

It was also a protest vote. Look at the number of Labour voting areas voting Brexit too. Being in the EU, wasn't helping them. They have seen their communities destroyed, life got worse for them, not better. All these "numbers" about the economy are meaningless to many of our people. Many voted without even thinking about the economy.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 21:06]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 20:55 - Jun 1 with 2017 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 20:50 - Jun 1 by Southamptonfan

I voted to leave the EU, because firstly the PM at the time, David Cameron told us not to. I don't trust the "experts", those in power to tell the truth, so I voted the opposite. Look at what the "experts" told us to do about COVID, they crippled the economy but now the disease has completely disappeared and lockdowns seem like a distant memory. Sweden imposed no lockdowns and no more died of the disease. We have 200 billion to pay back, many have lost their businesses and mental health has been destroyed. Did we really need 3 full lockdowns?

Secondly, "making our own laws" meant to me that we could decide ourselves, through elections etc what we want (not what the EU wants or decides). Our country, our decisions. Why should someone in Romania have a vote on something that's affects us but not them, any more than we should vote on Romanian issues. Why have an arrangement that allows us to go to Romania and Poland, when British people aren't likely to go there but they will all come here? They all flood in to our country, because there are more jobs etc but none of us go there. What kind of deal is that?

Thirdly, the Brexit vote wasn't about stopping immigration. It was about controlling it. If the idiots in power can't see that we should still welcome fruit pickers and NHS staff, but limit others, then more fool them. Allow in who we need, don't allow in those we don't need. It's not rocket science. Those risking their lives to cross the Channel come here because we give them a good deal. Again, it's not rocket science. Stop putting them in expensive hotels, stop the various benefits they get when they come over and then they are less likely to want to come here. Again, the idiots in power are not making the right decisions.

It was also a protest vote. Look at the number of Labour voting areas voting Brexit too. Being in the EU, wasn't helping them. They have seen their communities destroyed, life got worse for them, not better. All these "numbers" about the economy are meaningless to many of our people. Many voted without even thinking about the economy.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 21:06]

Out of interest if you were in power what would you do to deal with illegal immigration?
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 11:17 - Jun 2 with 1889 viewsStRipper

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 19:29 - Jun 1 by saintmark1976

St Ripper, with great respect I did ask you to tabulate the benefits of leaving Europe as you see them. Your reply details no benefit whatsoever. I wonder if that’s because there aren’t any?

Indeed, your anger appears to be solely directed at the current government, a view with which I have some sympathy given that they are not really very good at what they are supposed to do are they?

Mark, You can ask what you like. Strangely, I have better things to do.

I do not support any government actions, UK, EU or Global/UN. None are acting in our interests and are all corrupted. The same for all of the institutions.

I am not looking to any Government to make things better. That is not what Governments do.
My point is that the public need to wrest control from our Government and do something different to the current system. Pining over not being a member of the EU, believing it will be better is deluded, hoping that that overseas master won't treat us as badly as our domestic one. An institution which has supported the farm grabbing efforts in Holland, is turning a blind eye to Macron's thugs in France and plans to enforce censorship through the internet of everything they deem "misinformation" is hardly a positive step. No thanks
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 15:25 - Jun 2 with 1827 viewssaintmark1976

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 11:17 - Jun 2 by StRipper

Mark, You can ask what you like. Strangely, I have better things to do.

I do not support any government actions, UK, EU or Global/UN. None are acting in our interests and are all corrupted. The same for all of the institutions.

I am not looking to any Government to make things better. That is not what Governments do.
My point is that the public need to wrest control from our Government and do something different to the current system. Pining over not being a member of the EU, believing it will be better is deluded, hoping that that overseas master won't treat us as badly as our domestic one. An institution which has supported the farm grabbing efforts in Holland, is turning a blind eye to Macron's thugs in France and plans to enforce censorship through the internet of everything they deem "misinformation" is hardly a positive step. No thanks

Oh dear StRipper, you tell me that you have better things to do rather than answer my very polite request to detail the benefits of existing Europe ( because there aren’t any ) but then find time to make a largely incoherent rant, which appears to suggest that you wish to abolish all forms of Government World wide. Good luck with that.

How exactly are the public going to wrest control from our Government and do something different from the current system as you appear to want? Strangely, I won’t hold my breath for your reply, as once again I suspect that you will have better things to do.
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 16:07 - Jun 2 with 1803 viewsStRipper

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 15:25 - Jun 2 by saintmark1976

Oh dear StRipper, you tell me that you have better things to do rather than answer my very polite request to detail the benefits of existing Europe ( because there aren’t any ) but then find time to make a largely incoherent rant, which appears to suggest that you wish to abolish all forms of Government World wide. Good luck with that.

How exactly are the public going to wrest control from our Government and do something different from the current system as you appear to want? Strangely, I won’t hold my breath for your reply, as once again I suspect that you will have better things to do.

Mark, I try not to sneer at other people or look down on others and don't have time for those that do. There's nothing genuine or constructive in those that come with the attitude that they are right on everything and its everyone else's job to prove them wrong. That is just gaslighting. However much you may feel that your own perspective is superior.

So I will leave this discussion here as it isn't going anywhere.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 16:27]
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 16:19 - Jun 2 with 1787 viewskentsouthampton

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 16:42 - Jun 1 by StRipper

Another butt hurt Brexit delusionist.
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 16:24 - Jun 2 with 1782 viewskentsouthampton

Show me a Brexiteer and I'll show you a retarded fuçkwit.
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 16:48 - Jun 2 with 1775 viewssaintmark1976

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 16:07 - Jun 2 by StRipper

Mark, I try not to sneer at other people or look down on others and don't have time for those that do. There's nothing genuine or constructive in those that come with the attitude that they are right on everything and its everyone else's job to prove them wrong. That is just gaslighting. However much you may feel that your own perspective is superior.

So I will leave this discussion here as it isn't going anywhere.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 16:27]

No suggestion of sneering or looking down on others intended StRipper and I feel sorry for you if that’s the way that you have viewed my comments.

Have a good weekend.
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 17:35 - Jun 2 with 1751 viewsStRipper

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 16:48 - Jun 2 by saintmark1976

No suggestion of sneering or looking down on others intended StRipper and I feel sorry for you if that’s the way that you have viewed my comments.

Have a good weekend.

Heck, do you have any self awareness?
"No suggestion of sneering or looking down on others intended StRipper"
then you continue... "I feel sorry for you"
Having previously said....
"you all need to get out more and stop reading The Daily Mail, Express and The Sun.If done I can assure you that your mental health will improve overnight"
"I’m happy for you to post your thoughts....but in all honesty I won’t be holding my breath"
"answer my very polite request ... but then find time to make a largely incoherent rant"
"I won’t hold my breath for your reply"

What would you class as sneering and looking down on others? There is clearly one gauge that you apply to yourself and a very different standard that you apply to others.

I will take you wish of a good weekend with the lack of sincerity that you offer it with.

NB I used to enjoy reading your comments on Nick's articles, because you usually came from a different angle, and were constructive. However, something changed and the constructive element disappeared and since then you are just negative and pointlessly critical. I appreciate that many are finding what is going on in the world challenging right now and we all have our problems, probably not of our making. However, taking a more conciliatory approach and treating others with respect rather than just giving those that you disagree with a hard time might bring you more personal reward if you give it a try.
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 19:20 - Jun 2 with 1722 viewssaintmark1976

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 17:35 - Jun 2 by StRipper

Heck, do you have any self awareness?
"No suggestion of sneering or looking down on others intended StRipper"
then you continue... "I feel sorry for you"
Having previously said....
"you all need to get out more and stop reading The Daily Mail, Express and The Sun.If done I can assure you that your mental health will improve overnight"
"I’m happy for you to post your thoughts....but in all honesty I won’t be holding my breath"
"answer my very polite request ... but then find time to make a largely incoherent rant"
"I won’t hold my breath for your reply"

What would you class as sneering and looking down on others? There is clearly one gauge that you apply to yourself and a very different standard that you apply to others.

I will take you wish of a good weekend with the lack of sincerity that you offer it with.

NB I used to enjoy reading your comments on Nick's articles, because you usually came from a different angle, and were constructive. However, something changed and the constructive element disappeared and since then you are just negative and pointlessly critical. I appreciate that many are finding what is going on in the world challenging right now and we all have our problems, probably not of our making. However, taking a more conciliatory approach and treating others with respect rather than just giving those that you disagree with a hard time might bring you more personal reward if you give it a try.

Goodness me StRipper, you really are one sensitive soul are you not.

You bring your contribution to the discussion to a close by telling us all that you won’t comment further. I respond by wishing you a good weekend but even then you are not happy, fInding it necessary to chip in once again.

All I can now say is that as the expression goes “ It takes all sorts to make the World go round” and genuinely wish you, together with the views you hold, all the bestfor the future.
Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 23:17 - Jun 2 with 1647 viewsarfurdent

I do find the Daily Mail much rougher than Izal

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 23:27 - Jun 6 with 1372 viewsChesham_Saint

Sobering reading for Brixiteers on 16:24 - Jun 2 by kentsouthampton

Show me a Brexiteer and I'll show you a retarded fuçkwit.

Oh, I do so enjoy a reasoned argument.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024