Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ings 21:01 - Dec 7 with 3350 viewsButty101

I wonder if he ever regrets moving? Obviously he’s early a load s’more money. But instead of being a legend at his home town club, he’s now just a journey man sat on some clubs bench

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Danny Ings on 21:35 - Dec 7 with 3307 viewsfelly1

It kind of sums up one of the worst aspects of football since the Premier league began to dominate.
Back in the old days good players were more evenly scattered across Div 1 and Div 2.
Wages were not vastly different between the two leagues.
Hence the bloated Prem squads filled with talent and lots of mediocrity in the Championship.
Danny Ings on 22:58 - Dec 7 with 3221 viewssaintwizzler

Who cares?
He jumped ship and plays for West Ham now.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Danny Ings on 01:36 - Dec 8 with 3117 viewswashington_saint

Danny Ings on 22:58 - Dec 7 by saintwizzler

Who cares?
He jumped ship and plays for West Ham now.

Or doesn't as is the case, lol!
Danny Ings on 06:48 - Dec 8 with 3068 viewscocklebreath

I never really warmed to the midget pirate except his knee slide smile after scoring v Pompey

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Danny Ings on 08:15 - Dec 8 with 3012 viewsdirk_doone

Professional footballers are nearly always going to do what they think is best for them, which usually means earning the highest salary they can and playing at the highest level for the most prestigious club they can, and if we were in their position, we'd probably do the same.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Danny Ings on 22:03 - Dec 12 with 2626 viewsSaintNick

If he had stayed at Saints as you say he would have become a club legend, chances are he might have scraped into the England reckoning, but instead he threw his career down the pan for the money, as Dirk said yes he is a professional footballer, but did he really need the extra money

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Danny Ings on 22:08 - Dec 12 with 2611 viewsgrumpy

Danny Ings is the sort of player Lawrie Mcmenemy would of got the best out of.
Danny Ings on 22:18 - Dec 12 with 2571 viewsUTS1885

All about the money and living location.
Login to get fewer ads

Danny Ings on 22:37 - Dec 12 with 2553 viewsChesham_Saint

Those oh so tasteful tattoos of his can’t be cheap and they do mark him out as a person of some refinement in the boulevards and street cafes of Stratford…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Danny Ings on 22:55 - Dec 12 with 2534 viewsdirk_doone

Danny Ings on 22:08 - Dec 12 by grumpy

Danny Ings is the sort of player Lawrie Mcmenemy would of got the best out of.

He was once a very good player but the injuries have taken their toll. Like many players who've had long-term injuries, he's very much in decline in his early 30s and he struggles to play a full game even if selected.

At his peak, he certainly had the talent and if he'd remained injury-free, he'd probably still be a top player. The poor bloke has been out for more than 700 days with injuries so far in his career. With his crocked knees and ankles, it's a miracle he's still playing at all. He's probably going to be hobbling around in pain in his later years. If he's made a bit more money for his retirement by changing clubs, then good for him.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Danny Ings on 00:12 - Dec 13 with 2463 views1885_SFC

Danny Ings on 22:55 - Dec 12 by dirk_doone

He was once a very good player but the injuries have taken their toll. Like many players who've had long-term injuries, he's very much in decline in his early 30s and he struggles to play a full game even if selected.

At his peak, he certainly had the talent and if he'd remained injury-free, he'd probably still be a top player. The poor bloke has been out for more than 700 days with injuries so far in his career. With his crocked knees and ankles, it's a miracle he's still playing at all. He's probably going to be hobbling around in pain in his later years. If he's made a bit more money for his retirement by changing clubs, then good for him.

Your... your last paragraph dirk (*sniff)... I've got a tear in my eye for the poor fella (*sniff).

Old School is Cool

Danny Ings on 11:36 - Dec 13 with 2281 viewssaints__fan__73

Danny Ings on 22:55 - Dec 12 by dirk_doone

Exactly.

Why does Nick think he would have been a legend here if he stayed? More likely the target for the boo boys as his ability waned.

If he stayed he could have been part of a woeful relegation squad. Instead he got some game time with a PL team that had a very good season and has a European winning medal (even if he didn't get on the pitch in the final).

And a lot more wedge.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Danny Ings on 11:42 - Dec 13 with 2278 viewsSaintNick

Danny Ings on 11:36 - Dec 13 by saints__fan__73

Exactly.

Why does Nick think he would have been a legend here if he stayed? More likely the target for the boo boys as his ability waned.

If he stayed he could have been part of a woeful relegation squad. Instead he got some game time with a PL team that had a very good season and has a European winning medal (even if he didn't get on the pitch in the final).

And a lot more wedge.

Why ? Because I see the best in people I dont always see the negatives

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Danny Ings on 11:45 - Dec 13 with 2272 viewsTimSaint

Danny Ings on 21:35 - Dec 7 by felly1

It kind of sums up one of the worst aspects of football since the Premier league began to dominate.
Back in the old days good players were more evenly scattered across Div 1 and Div 2.
Wages were not vastly different between the two leagues.
Hence the bloated Prem squads filled with talent and lots of mediocrity in the Championship.

He left the team he supports for a 'new double your wages project' at Villa, which to an extent, is understandable. But the thing is, Villa got a new Project Manager (Emery) and Ings was sold just a few months later in the next window, swapping Stratford-Upon-Avon for Stratford-East-London.

Would have preferred him to stay, but we simply couldn't compete with those wages on offer. A bit like when Pelle went to China. He was already one of our higher paid players, but got an offer he couldn't refuse of triple / quadruple his Saints wages.

TimSaint

Danny Ings on 11:46 - Dec 13 with 2272 viewssaints__fan__73

Danny Ings on 11:42 - Dec 13 by SaintNick

Why ? Because I see the best in people I dont always see the negatives

You certainly didn't show any evidence of that in the very successful period we had getting from L1 to the PL...
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 11:46]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Danny Ings on 16:49 - Dec 14 with 2050 viewsSFC_Referee

Well there certainly is a lot now starting to come out about a potential return for him this January as the extra striker we need…
Although personally, even though I think we need a box to box creative midfielder more than another striker, I wouldn’t exactly be opposed to this either.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/ings-given-escape-route-from-west-ham/

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Danny Ings on 23:54 - Dec 14 with 1931 viewssledger

Danny Ings on 16:49 - Dec 14 by SFC_Referee

Well there certainly is a lot now starting to come out about a potential return for him this January as the extra striker we need…
Although personally, even though I think we need a box to box creative midfielder more than another striker, I wouldn’t exactly be opposed to this either.

weve already bought one crocked centre forward ings would just be another,his ship has sailed
Danny Ings on 06:48 - Dec 15 with 1867 viewscocklebreath

Danny Ings on 11:45 - Dec 13 by TimSaint

He left the team he supports for a 'new double your wages project' at Villa, which to an extent, is understandable. But the thing is, Villa got a new Project Manager (Emery) and Ings was sold just a few months later in the next window, swapping Stratford-Upon-Avon for Stratford-East-London.

Would have preferred him to stay, but we simply couldn't compete with those wages on offer. A bit like when Pelle went to China. He was already one of our higher paid players, but got an offer he couldn't refuse of triple / quadruple his Saints wages.

He never supported saints

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Danny Ings on 08:51 - Dec 15 with 1805 viewsMattFinish

If we could guarantee he stayed fit I think he’d be a good option as long as we weren’t paying much more than £5m or got him on loan

He’s an intelligent striker, he’d find space and has good close control. I think he could fit into the Rustyball style

I don’t think the same about Ross Stewart if he ever gets fit. Ross looks like a player who relies on crosses into the box and we don’t do that. He seems very similar in style to Tall Paul and Martin binned him off
Danny Ings on 09:06 - Dec 15 with 1779 viewssaint22

Buying one crocked striker smacks of incompetence
Buying another is Tory levels of stupidity
Danny Ings on 16:53 - Dec 15 with 1685 viewsGRIM

We've already got a crocked striker (RS) we certainly need another.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024