Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie gone 07:01 - Jan 31 with 1628 viewscocklebreath

Alcarez off to Juve on loan. Not sure Russel rates him, gives ball away too often. Bit of a shame as my son has him on his shirt.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Charlie gone on 07:52 - Jan 31 with 1521 viewsAvior

Tell your son not to worry. If it is only an option to buy then he will be back next season. He is a very talented player but he doesn’t have the patience for Italy where he will get kicked a lot. If £35m is true then it’s a good deal.
Charlie gone on 08:48 - Jan 31 with 1404 viewsSaintNick

As I have said on the story on the home page, Alcaraz isn't suited to a side like Saints, he is like Mane in that respect, different styles but ultimately they perform in the final third of the pitch, at a top side as Mane did when he went to Liverpool he will flourish

www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61838/alcaraz-set-to-complete-loan-move-to-italian-giant

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Charlie gone on 08:54 - Jan 31 with 1390 views1teeminants

I completely get this. Great player but an attacking player who wants to have a go and isn’t suited to pass pass pass. Charlie will be extremely frustrated at the moment.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Charlie gone on 09:15 - Jan 31 with 1365 viewsNumber_58

It's a shame as his goals were one of the very few highlights of last season, but a lot of people on SM are going well over the top about this transfer. Not sure how they would've coped when Mike Channon f*cked off to Man City in 1977.
Charlie gone on 10:06 - Jan 31 with 1276 viewskingslandstand1

Charlie gone on 09:15 - Jan 31 by Number_58

It's a shame as his goals were one of the very few highlights of last season, but a lot of people on SM are going well over the top about this transfer. Not sure how they would've coped when Mike Channon f*cked off to Man City in 1977.

But Channon came back
Charlie gone on 10:35 - Jan 31 with 1238 viewsNumber_58

Charlie gone on 10:06 - Jan 31 by kingslandstand1

But Channon came back

And so will Charlie in about four months time probably.
Charlie gone on 10:55 - Jan 31 with 1196 views1ASIN12

Charlie gone on 10:35 - Jan 31 by Number_58

Think I’d rather have the reported £35 million to either boost our relegation battle or boost our promotion battle next season .

Good player but as said by others not suited to us .
Charlie gone on 11:01 - Jan 31 with 1184 viewsNumber_58

Charlie gone on 10:55 - Jan 31 by 1ASIN12

Think I’d rather have the reported £35 million to either boost our relegation battle or boost our promotion battle next season .

Good player but as said by others not suited to us .

There was a telling moment on Sunday when we had the free kick on the edge of the box. Rothwell was clearly going to take it but Charlie grabbed the ball and took it instead. Rothwell looked a bit bemused and so did RM. Not sure if Charlie was down to take the penalty he missed before Xmas either. He's obviously desperate to show his undoubtedly ability, but it's probably not the best way to endear yourself to your manager and teammates.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie gone on 11:03 - Jan 31 with 1177 viewsDorsetIan

He makes a lot of stupid decisions. And I'm talking about his attempts at distribution not his penalties.

Yes, probably not suited to the tight disciplined style of play we now have.

Good luck to him though, he seems like a good lad.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Charlie gone on 11:12 - Jan 31 with 1151 viewskingslandstand1

Charlie gone on 10:35 - Jan 31 by Number_58

And probably having less game time than he will if he stayed? Juventus are currently 2nd in the league and on a pretty decent undefeated streak
Charlie gone on 12:05 - Jan 31 with 1068 viewsFlamingbankers

Charlie gone on 08:48 - Jan 31 by SaintNick

As I have said on the story on the home page, Alcaraz isn't suited to a side like Saints, he is like Mane in that respect, different styles but ultimately they perform in the final third of the pitch, at a top side as Mane did when he went to Liverpool he will flourish

www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61838/alcaraz-set-to-complete-loan-move-to-italian-giant

Mane was a fantastic player and could play in any team - to say he didn't fit into a Saints team is absurd. I'm sure given time, and some sensible man management, Alcaraz would as well. For me it's the same old story of a player with great potential being stolen from us barely before they've got started. some of the bosses must be happy another 'big sale' fodder - who we usually fail to replace. Still, perhaps it could work this time although Rothwell is no Charlie Alcaraz.
Charlie gone on 12:06 - Jan 31 with 1067 views1885_SFC

Every time I see Charly play - it looks like there's a terrific, very talented player inside just waiting to burst out. You're always waiting to see him take the game by storm, score a couple of goals, and put in a ten out of ten MOTM display.

Sadly, he nearly always appears very frustrated with himself & never looks like he's enjoying his football here. He gets booked a fair bit because he gets so frustrated.

I know he's young and moved halfway across the world to a strange country & culture... and I believe he had family problems some months ago which can't have been easy for the lad, but whatever happens to him, I wish him all the very best. Besides, Juventus isn't a bad place to go on loan to!

Old School is Cool

Charlie gone on 12:33 - Jan 31 with 980 viewsShirtNumbers

Charlie gone on 08:48 - Jan 31 by SaintNick

Mane scored 21 goals in 67 appearances in 2 seasons under the same manager - Koeman.

Was undeniably key in our push for Europe in both seasons.

I will leave it at that
Charlie gone on 12:50 - Jan 31 with 947 viewsSonicBoom

Is it the case that in modern football the more talented maverick type players struggle to fit in. It seems gone are the days that these players can be carried in a team for the moments they produce.
Hate to say it but I doubt RM would find a place for Le Tizz. Every player is expected to have an all round game. We've had a few players recently that had undoubted talent (Boufal for example), but with the tactical demands we have they simply don't fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024