Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly 16:32 - Mar 6 with 2725 viewsSaintNick

The fact that a fire so close to St Mary's has meant postponement to the game highlights the limited access routes to the stadium at the Chapel End, if that warehouse had gone up at 3,30pm on a Saturday during a game with a volatile away following, how would we have safely evacuated the Chapel End and indeed the away fans

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 14:45 - Mar 7 with 588 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 13:58 - Mar 7 by TimSaint

You're reply stinks of jealousy :-)

In the 22 seasons since you have been at the flatpack, you have won less league games than the last 22 seasons at the Dell. Factomundo

Bearing in mind, you have had half of those seasons in the lower leagues, and you played 6 more games in that time than at the Dell, it appears that my prognosis is completely correct.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 14:48 - Mar 7 with 588 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 14:33 - Mar 7 by SaintNick

If the fire was next to Fratton there would have been a real danger that would have gone up as well, a lot of it is still made of wood isn't it ?

Only part of it.

I think it depends on the material that the adjacent structure was built with doesn't it?

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 14:52 - Mar 7 with 591 viewsSaintNick

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 14:48 - Mar 7 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Only part of it.

I think it depends on the material that the adjacent structure was built with doesn't it?

I dont know, smoke has burning ash, sparks and embers in it, plus werent League Championship trophies made out of wood back in the old days so your trophy room would have been in grave danger

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 15:03 - Mar 7 with 569 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 14:52 - Mar 7 by SaintNick

I dont know, smoke has burning ash, sparks and embers in it, plus werent League Championship trophies made out of wood back in the old days so your trophy room would have been in grave danger

Its a good job you lot have only got the one trophy yo worry about. That must have really lowered the asset concerns

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 15:31 - Mar 7 with 561 viewsTimSaint

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 14:45 - Mar 7 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

In the 22 seasons since you have been at the flatpack, you have won less league games than the last 22 seasons at the Dell. Factomundo

Bearing in mind, you have had half of those seasons in the lower leagues, and you played 6 more games in that time than at the Dell, it appears that my prognosis is completely correct.

My statement had nothing to do with how we perform in our stadium, it was purely that you are jealous of our stadium and clearly have been for the last 22.5 years !! :-)

Think you need to re-calculate your flawed prognosis.

This is our 23rd season of playing at St Marys. Of those, we have played 15 seasons in the Prem, 6 in the Champ (including this season) and 2 in L1.

You haven't even been in the Championship for 12 seasons, in fact, rather embarrassingly you've even spent 4 seasons in League 2.

TimSaint

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 16:07 - Mar 7 with 552 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 11:55 - Mar 7 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ideal opportunity to build a new stadium that isn't a totally joyless flatpack, and you could build some atmosphere inside

Well your derelict old dump is at the very anus of the northern hemisphere.
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:09 - Mar 7 with 502 viewsTripleNiemi

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 16:07 - Mar 7 by Manhattan_Lynx

Didn’t you ever see the designs for the new stadium they were planning? It looked fab and a bit like a toilet pan; mind you that was a while ago now. Wonder what happened with its build. Cannot be that that they were paying their debts as we know the charities were royally screwed over……

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:22 - Mar 7 with 457 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 15:31 - Mar 7 by TimSaint

My statement had nothing to do with how we perform in our stadium, it was purely that you are jealous of our stadium and clearly have been for the last 22.5 years !! :-)

Think you need to re-calculate your flawed prognosis.

This is our 23rd season of playing at St Marys. Of those, we have played 15 seasons in the Prem, 6 in the Champ (including this season) and 2 in L1.

You haven't even been in the Championship for 12 seasons, in fact, rather embarrassingly you've even spent 4 seasons in League 2.

Au contraire, I was responding to an earlier post about moving your stadium, and I am factuallly correct that with the 22 seasons before this one, and with less games, the old teams had won more league games with less games played.

Yes, it is only 7 lower league seasons, but the facts show that your home form was far superior in the old stadium. Why is that?

No, I'd rather have a classic stadium with atmospher rather than your stadium, or Leicester, Derby etc. Not jealous , just stating some facts.

Login to get fewer ads

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:23 - Mar 7 with 456 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 16:07 - Mar 7 by Manhattan_Lynx

And if we are the anus, what are you?

Have a look at the south coast map, and try to guess

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:24 - Mar 7 with 454 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:09 - Mar 7 by TripleNiemi

Didn’t you ever see the designs for the new stadium they were planning? It looked fab and a bit like a toilet pan; mind you that was a while ago now. Wonder what happened with its build. Cannot be that that they were paying their debts as we know the charities were royally screwed over……

How are you debts this season. Manageable?
[Post edited 7 Mar 18:24]

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 19:09 - Mar 7 with 435 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:23 - Mar 7 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

And if we are the anus, what are you?

Have a look at the south coast map, and try to guess

We are the dog's doo-dahs and unfortunately your stench is still wafting over here, as well as stinking up the whole south coast in fact.
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 14:48 - Mar 8 with 302 viewskingolaf

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:24 - Mar 7 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

How are you debts this season. Manageable?
[Post edited 7 Mar 18:24]

We’ll pay them. Not like you unprincipled lot.
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:19 - Mar 8 with 255 viewsobelisk

Good grief! That's a pretty poor grasp at a straw. Moving the away fans to the place where than can have least influence is surely Rule No.1. To place them in front of the TV cameras right behind the goal was always bonkers. Yet another thing that Lowe got wrong.
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:56 - Mar 8 with 224 viewsgrumpy

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:19 - Mar 8 by obelisk

Good grief! That's a pretty poor grasp at a straw. Moving the away fans to the place where than can have least influence is surely Rule No.1. To place them in front of the TV cameras right behind the goal was always bonkers. Yet another thing that Lowe got wrong.

Absolutely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024