Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our clubs liable for future player brain injuries ? 15:32 - Mar 21 with 445 viewsUTS1885

I noticed that a number of former players are suing authorities and I suspect clubs. Is this right ? I’m not sure and it reeks of compensation culture. But I do think the PFA should be doing all they can with help.
[Post edited 21 Mar 15:33]
Our clubs liable for future player brain injuries ? on 16:09 - Mar 21 with 387 viewsIfonly

A lot of these players are poor, they need round the clock care and they're dying young from a disease they got from doing their job. Hardly surprising if they sue their employers. Even so, it will be difficult for them to prove that their illness was caused by football.

Ex pros are 3.5 times more likely to die from neurodegenerative disease than the general population. There's one exception: goalkeepers. It's pretty clear where this is going. There will be a form of football where heading is outlawed. This will probably be the only type of football played by kids and may in time become the professional game. The only question is whether a form of football including headers survives. It might do if players are prepared to sign away their rights to compensation. Maybe they will do. But once you get to adult players who grew up playing a type of football with no headers, I doubt they will.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024