Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WBA and Norwich 09:38 - May 11 with 1133 viewsA1079

So much of the playoffs appears to be centred around an all Leeds Utd Vs Southampton final at Wembley (certainly from the media). WBA and Norwich go into this with no expectation hanging over them, except may be from their own fans. WBA has barely been mentioned as a threat, yet at St Marys they could quite easily have won and were as good as us and were a real match. True, we gave a very professional performance at WBA but they seem to suffer from their manager being sent to the stands - I doubt that will happen again.

I just hope we do not go into this complacent or with any sense of entitlement. WBA are a good side and in one off games they are just as capable as winning as we are and away and at home we will need to be at our best and professional from beginning to end.
WBA and Norwich on 09:57 - May 11 with 1099 viewsfelly1

Exactly.
Considering how both us and Leeds sh*t the bed at crucial moments this season it wouldnt surprise me at all if it ends up a West Brom Norwich final.

As highlighted on a previous thread, sh*t housery, ultra tight defence and a whole load of luck are often what decides these super tense encounters.
WBA and Norwich on 10:06 - May 11 with 1067 viewsSouthamptonfan

Anything could happen in the lottery of the play offs. Sheffield Wednesday overturned a 4 goal lead last season in the 2nd leg. Crew lost the home leg 2 nil, only to turn it around away from home in the 2nd leg and win on penalties. We have to be ready.

Please, please don't play Mara or Sulemana, if Adams is injured. Either would lose us the tie. We don't need any passengers or players getting sent off.
[Post edited 11 May 10:07]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

WBA and Norwich on 12:18 - May 11 with 945 viewssledger

i fully expect norwich to turn over leeds as they have the momentum,as for our tie i think its a toss of the coin job,fingers crossed
WBA and Norwich on 13:37 - May 11 with 881 viewskingslandstand1

It's notable that quite often in the play offs it is a team with momentum or at least the better form that does well and may even get the covetted Wembley win, so looking at the current form tables both West Brom and Norwich are above us and Leeds so you never know

However, depending on the team tomorrow (please let Mara not be there if Che is out - give Ross a start?), I'm stilll reasonably confident of a day at Wembley!
WBA and Norwich on 16:55 - May 11 with 738 viewsSFC_Referee

WBA and Norwich on 13:37 - May 11 by kingslandstand1

It's notable that quite often in the play offs it is a team with momentum or at least the better form that does well and may even get the covetted Wembley win, so looking at the current form tables both West Brom and Norwich are above us and Leeds so you never know

However, depending on the team tomorrow (please let Mara not be there if Che is out - give Ross a start?), I'm stilll reasonably confident of a day at Wembley!

Certainly agree with you on the form side of things as that does almost always seem to be the key factor, although with form we’re top/second to Norwich for the form guide, depending on how far back you look. As that’s the awkward thing about this seasons playoffs, all 4 teams are going in on iffy/poor form, with non being in their peak like we were over Christmas or Leeds at the start of the season.
But still it certainly should be an interesting one

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

WBA and Norwich on 10:53 - May 12 with 455 viewsdirk_doone

Getting promoted from the Championship is what West Brom and Norwich do. WBA have been promoted to the top flight 10 times already and Norwich 9 times. In fact, there can be few teams that have done it more than they have.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024