Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom v Saints Matchday Thread... 13:17 - May 12 with 3713 views1885_SFC

Do or die.

Mara starts...

Old School is Cool

West Brom v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:33 - May 12 with 1102 viewsgraveworm

West Brom v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:26 - May 12 by Southamptonfan

Decent result today. It's all square. Let's make sure St Mary's is absolutely rocking under the lights next Friday. Can't wait. A very nervous wait.

A fair result
Why we take those chances at the back is beyond belief
In fairness to McCarthy and I have not rated him
But today he couldn’t be faulted except for 1 punch, so fair play to him
Mara. What is the point. Zero impact. Stewart showed more in 5 minutes that he did in his whole time on the pitch
Jack Stephens. Aka. Cart horse. Most mistakes emanating from his suicidal passing

WBA are a average team and we should beat them if we stop giving chances from our own misgivings
West Brom v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:50 - May 12 with 1029 views1885_SFC

Fair result, all things considered. McCarthy was good today - a couple of excellent saves.

At the other end - pretty poor from our strikers. Che Adams's absence was a big miss. I know he's sh1t at times, but he's a handful & worries defences when he's alongside Adam Armstrong. Mara was pretty poor and I really don't want to knock the lad, but RM might as well have put Kamaldeen up front alongside AA. He is equally as pants as Mara - but his sheer pace would be enough to keep the WBA defenders worried and stop them venturing too far up the pitch.

All in all - a decent result & as I said earlier in the week, a very tight affair. Now all we need to do is throw the kitchen sink at them on Friday night with wave after wave and don't give their defence an opportunity to organise or settle for one moment.

Old School is Cool

West Brom v Saints Matchday Thread... on 18:05 - May 12 with 863 viewsdarthvader

West Brom v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:50 - May 12 by 1885_SFC

Fair result, all things considered. McCarthy was good today - a couple of excellent saves.

At the other end - pretty poor from our strikers. Che Adams's absence was a big miss. I know he's sh1t at times, but he's a handful & worries defences when he's alongside Adam Armstrong. Mara was pretty poor and I really don't want to knock the lad, but RM might as well have put Kamaldeen up front alongside AA. He is equally as pants as Mara - but his sheer pace would be enough to keep the WBA defenders worried and stop them venturing too far up the pitch.

All in all - a decent result & as I said earlier in the week, a very tight affair. Now all we need to do is throw the kitchen sink at them on Friday night with wave after wave and don't give their defence an opportunity to organise or settle for one moment.

More urgency for sure is needed though the heat today played a big part and a hard dry pitch .

keep the faith coyr

West Brom v Saints Matchday Thread... on 18:19 - May 12 with 831 viewssaint22

West Brom v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:50 - May 12 by 1885_SFC

Playing Mara is pointless and has been proved so endlessly
Why does Wussell not see that
West Brom v Saints Matchday Thread... on 22:21 - May 12 with 529 viewsSFC_Referee

Just got back from the game, and yeah it may not of been the most entertaining for its scoreline and we may not of been amazing, but I’d much rather we get the results we want, and play poorly, than play amazing yet miss out on the wins.
And I’d certainly of taken a 0-0 draw before KO and even more so for how West Brom were at the start of the game, as a draw was probably a fair result, but if one team deserved to win it was them. Still speaking to many West Brom fans, they all didn’t seem the most confident before or after the game, and with it all to play for at St Mary’s on Friday, I can’t exactly blame them.

Still some mixed performances today, as McCarthy was great today, same for many of the defensive players when we didn’t p*ss about at the back, as I do recall giving them that one chance when we gave it away inside the box, but thanks to Bedneraks block, thankfully nothing came of it.
But I do think Aribo and Mara weren’t the best, but hopefully with Che/Ross Stewart being match fit by then, one of those two can start over Mara

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

West Brom v Saints Matchday Thread... on 00:42 - May 13 with 437 viewssaint22

Two shots on target from 11!
Clear where our problem lies, our shooting is abysmal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024