Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No more 50/50 tackles? 11:32 - Nov 24 with 617 viewssaint901

Question for our resident ref(s).

In this WC I see a lot of players going down having had their toes trodden on (or stamped on depending on your point of view).

Also see a lot of player competing for a ball off the ground where one gets there slightly ahead of the other but the follow through means that boots collide and toes contact studs. The refs seem to be blowing for a foul?

Why? Just two players competing and one is literally a split second ahead of the other.

No more 50/50 tackles? on 12:22 - Nov 24 with 587 viewsSFC_Referee

Well the stamping on the feet is a pretty clear foul, as you give away a foul when you endanger the safety of an opponent (irrelevant of whether you get the ball or not, although many players never seem to realise that!)
And stamping on someone’s foot (both intentionally and unintentionally) is risking them becoming injured so should result in a free kick being awarded against the offenders team.
And it’s the exact same for a late and careless/reckless follow through. Although with those ones they usually just take out the player and don’t get anything on the ball so it gonna be a foul all day long.

As I wouldn’t really regard stamping or late/reckless follow throughs on the feet as a 50:50 tackle, as that’s just a simple foul (although it can sometimes be simulation when your watching the likes of Brazil! And with how often it occurs it can be hard to differentiate between the two meaning the refs are certain to fall for some).
As a 50:50 are more when both players are going for the ball with nether in control of it, so like two players shoulder to shoulder running for the ball and nudging each other, or two player diving in for a slide tackle to win the ball, two players going up for a header and both going into one another before getting there etc…
As they’re all incidents where a foul could be given ether way, as like the name suggests it’s very 50:50 and quite level, so its just down to we’re any offences committed and if so who’s was more severe/first/easiest to sell (which yeah might not be in the LOTG, but is what all refs including myself do), or do you just play on.

But if your not really on about these sort of tackles/incidents then if you find a clip of any of these sorta things I’d be happy to tell you of why X was or wasn’t given and if I personally agree with the decision.

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024