Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL 19:35 - Feb 4 with 55528 viewsNeathJack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ml-leaves-1340293.aspx

This post has been edited by an administrator
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 20:17 - Feb 4 with 3191 viewsSwanseajill

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 19:54 - Feb 4 by CambJack

I have to disagree, as a motivator and coach I think Rogers has been our best manager in recent years. He took us a step further whereas under laudrup I don't think I can honestly say a progression was made on the pitch, other than the profile of the club off it. That said the carling cup run and final was a day I'll never forget, so thanks to laudrup for that. Now we must move on

Cambjack I agree, when Roberto and Brendan went, it was a big disappointment which sadly meant our style of play changed.
I felt that if it wasn't broke......but new managers have their own way of playing and that's the way it goes.
I don't feel as sad as I should be feeling with todays news, don't ask me why, I couldn't tell you.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:17 - Feb 4 with 3188 viewstomdickharry

We will fight them on the beaches,we will fight them in the hills...................
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:17 - Feb 4 with 3186 viewsJackfath

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:16 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Neither.

Bielsa would be fun, but given Huw's troubles dealing with "forceful personalities" I can't see that working for long.

More likely to be an up and comer, but that's probably what we could do without right now. More than anything Huw needs to pick a good one.

Monk.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:18 - Feb 4 with 3182 viewsharemscarem

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:03 - Feb 4 by haremscarem

Swansea may have played bad for some weeks, but Swansea are numer 12 in the league (acceptable) and still in two cup tournaments. Last year Michael Laudrup got some really good results. I do not think Laudrup deserves to get fired.

Somebody also mentioned that Swansea have had a lot of injuries and have played against hard opponents. It is really a strange decision, I think.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:18 - Feb 4 with 3165 viewsSwansNZ

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:16 - Feb 4 by Plasticman

What I've been seeing is that when looking at the teams that we played, our record wasn't much different than previously, despite competing in 2 cups and with the top spot at one point for amount of injuries in the league.

If this really is because of results, I will go right ahead and not mind catching some flak for calling the board incompetent and hysterical, especially when you take our budgets into consideration.

And seriously, who really thought that the "re-inforcements" we got in the transfer window are up to it? Most people seem to think those were the boards idea with the most positive spin I've seen that Michael accepted them when proposed them, rather than saying he wanted them.

Again, I cannot think it is because of the results, because that would mean hubris and lack of grounding have gotten into the board.

I agree with that

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:19 - Feb 4 with 3120 viewsSwansNZ

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:17 - Feb 4 by JonnyTheJack

Sad to see him go. But he was going to leave in the summer anyway. Why have a manager who looks to have lost his fire and knows that he won't be here in summer either way. There has been something wrong with the team for nearly a year now. And that's not just the injuries there's a lack of belief and passion within the team.

I just hope the team react on Saturday.

then why sack him just after the transfer window has closed?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 20:20 - Feb 4 with 3078 viewsunion_jack

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 20:10 - Feb 4 by SwansNZ

maybe if you actually looked at the results - who we played in that period, you will find it's not that bad - take out the big 7 and our results ion the other games are not too bad.

It's gone beyond results. It's all nap bout the attitude if the players and that usually stems from the top. West Ham was nothing less than appalling. 11 v 10 and not a single shot on goal.

Would any of our players put a tackle in like the one on Bony.

Nobody, including the stalwarts, have been putting their bodies on the line.

Disgraceful!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:21 - Feb 4 with 3037 viewsJonnyTheJack

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:19 - Feb 4 by SwansNZ

Because the January transfer window is gash?
Login to get fewer ads

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:22 - Feb 4 with 3001 viewsbermudajack

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:11 - Feb 4 by crackerjack

Di Matteo? Zola?

Well I for one have been expecting this since Saturdays rotten performance, we have had a problem between ML & HJ since last summer, plenty of rumours from various sources this year regarding ML's attitude & commitment to the cause.
We have this season moved away from being an effective passing team to a passing team that scores a few and let in a few more, tippy tappy on the halfway line when your 2-0 down is hard fir anybody to stomach.
With ML making it obvious that he was gone at the end of the season with form and results on the slide, HJ had no choice but to act.

Let's get behind them on Saturday, smash the scum and regain our football philosophies that got us here...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:22 - Feb 4 with 2994 views3swan

I don't think this is a knee jerk decision but something brought it to a head. Maybe the performance at West Ham?

Now it could be a decision that could blow up in our faces, but I hope that it was a balanced view taken, and not at a whim that throws away 10 years of effort
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:23 - Feb 4 with 2962 viewsDull1Thomas

Sincerely hope the board knows what it is doing and has a plan for the rest of the season, or are they expecting relegation?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:23 - Feb 4 with 2949 viewsSwansNZ

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:21 - Feb 4 by JonnyTheJack

Because the January transfer window is gash?

at least we could have brought Ki back - who might prosper under a new coach/manager - just a thought

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:23 - Feb 4 with 2949 viewsJango

Anyone who thinks that Laudrup was the man to get us out of this rut is clearly deluded! Our results since the cup final has been shocking and just look at the stats they showing on skysports to see just how poor our form has been since then! It really is alarming that he's got away with it this long without any flack! As for The ones slating Monk and Curtis, they may be a gamble but they have both been there throughout our successfull times from Martinez onwards! Hopefully between them they've picked up enough to get us back to playing our fast attacking exciting play again! But they will certainly give us the passion and desire that is needed the most right now, we know the talent is there! Because let's be honest, Laudrup didn't give a F**k
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:23 - Feb 4 with 2941 viewsexiledclaseboy

The way I read the OS statement, Monk's in charge for the rest of the season. "Foreseeable future..."

Strangely, while still being gobsmacked at the utterly mental timing and lack of any kind of credible succession plan after sacking Laudrup, I am way more hyped for Saturday than I was an hour ago.

Poll: Tory leader

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:24 - Feb 4 with 2935 viewsBloodyhills

I thought Laudrup would at least be here until the end of the season. Let's hope there is a positive reaction from the players and we beat C'diff on Saturday.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 21:05]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:24 - Feb 4 with 2922 viewsunion_jack

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:17 - Feb 4 by perchrockjack

We ve been drifting for some time. The players have lost their bite, the manager an object lesson in disinterest .We re facing a massive fall in status and the Board have asked themselves is LAUDRUP the man to get the players fired up and keep fired up .THEY DECIDED NO.
So ,lets do what so many say on here and that is to be positive and support the club. LAUDRUP wasn't our club -I don't give a shtye about him and Im certain he ll feel the same.
We need a boost ,we need it quick. MONK has no management experience so its a huge gamble to put him in charge. Im pretty sure many of the Spaniards will sulk ;if they do we re fecked as Laudrup made us top heavy with them. I m hoping the players ,on the othyer hand,might be glad to see the back of him and maybe in a few weeks time it might Please God prove to be a blessing.

Worrying times

Well said.

Who is going around marking down posts like these that are just saying it as it is?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:26 - Feb 4 with 2846 viewsShaky

First available opportunity was a bad performance at WHU.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:27 - Feb 4 with 2800 viewsPlasticman

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:23 - Feb 4 by Jango

Anyone who thinks that Laudrup was the man to get us out of this rut is clearly deluded! Our results since the cup final has been shocking and just look at the stats they showing on skysports to see just how poor our form has been since then! It really is alarming that he's got away with it this long without any flack! As for The ones slating Monk and Curtis, they may be a gamble but they have both been there throughout our successfull times from Martinez onwards! Hopefully between them they've picked up enough to get us back to playing our fast attacking exciting play again! But they will certainly give us the passion and desire that is needed the most right now, we know the talent is there! Because let's be honest, Laudrup didn't give a F**k

when you start out your post by insulting anyone that might disagree with you, you loose all credibility.

Plastic since 2012

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:27 - Feb 4 with 2791 viewsunion_jack

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:23 - Feb 4 by Jango

Another sensible post getting a negative mark!!

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:27 - Feb 4 with 2762 viewsJonnyTheJack

I think the West ham game was the deciding factor. And the fact he sent the players away on a couple of days holiday before the biggest game of the season.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:28 - Feb 4 with 2726 viewsSwanseajill

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:23 - Feb 4 by exiledclaseboy

The way I read the OS statement, Monk's in charge for the rest of the season. "Foreseeable future..."

Strangely, while still being gobsmacked at the utterly mental timing and lack of any kind of credible succession plan after sacking Laudrup, I am way more hyped for Saturday than I was an hour ago.

And hopefully the team will get hyped up along with you.
One things for sure, GM knows what this fixture means to fans, no need to mention Curt.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:29 - Feb 4 with 2703 viewsperchrockjack

Not so long ago I was accused of makig myself an embarrassment by suggesting LAUDRUP might go. People aren't stupid and our board although not the brightest can see bad attitude. Those at West Ham could see it. It couldn't go on and we could have been bottom by the end of the month. #iTS NOT A TIME FOR POINT SCORING ANYWAY.
Laudrup was on borrowed time, clearly living off LAST year. THIS YEAR we ve been atrocious and frankly clueless. Players really do look at the manager on the touchline for inspiration and a guy hands clasped together looking at the ground seated isn't and its obvious.Or should have been to all.
Anyway...its the Club and the TEAM before anyone

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:29 - Feb 4 with 2703 viewseastbanker

Absolute suicide, to put Monk in charge has condemned us to Championship football. I can understand the reasons behind the boards decision but a replacement should have been lined up for a quick change round. Putting Monk in charge of first team affairs is similar to the Kevin Cullis fiasco.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:29 - Feb 4 with 2698 viewsporschejack

because it keeps our players here until the season end .
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:29 - Feb 4 with 2972 viewsblockerman

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:17 - Feb 4 by Jackfath

Monk.

Perhaps he will be re-enstated tomorrow morning, worked for Leeds?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024