Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Road to World War 08:45 - Mar 16 with 9964 viewsLord_Bony

Starts at midnight tonight.

Take my word for it,just watch what happens in The Ukraine this week.

It s about to get nasty.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Road to World War on 21:05 - Mar 18 with 977 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

http://news.sky.com/story/1227970/soldier-killed-as-gunmen-storm-crimea-base

Not looking good

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

The Road to World War on 21:27 - Mar 18 with 963 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE9A40ML20131105?irpc=932

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Road to World War on 21:59 - Mar 18 with 946 viewsLord_Bony

The Road to World War on 21:27 - Mar 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE9A40ML20131105?irpc=932

Article one above.

Yes that's what I mean a flashpoint incident could have soldiers shooting at each other in no time to kick the whole thing off.

Article two above.

Lol yeah Chevron,Monsanto etc and all the big corporations are now going to start piling in and absolutely rape the place of its natural resources. The IMF were already in Kiev last week flying the gold bullion reserves to New York. The IMF and EU will finish the rest if the country off.

Poor people of ukraine their future is well and truly fecked.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2014 22:00]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

The Road to World War on 22:09 - Mar 18 with 929 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Road to World War on 21:59 - Mar 18 by Lord_Bony

Article one above.

Yes that's what I mean a flashpoint incident could have soldiers shooting at each other in no time to kick the whole thing off.

Article two above.

Lol yeah Chevron,Monsanto etc and all the big corporations are now going to start piling in and absolutely rape the place of its natural resources. The IMF were already in Kiev last week flying the gold bullion reserves to New York. The IMF and EU will finish the rest if the country off.

Poor people of ukraine their future is well and truly fecked.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2014 22:00]

And that's why Russia released their troops from the Crimea barracks .

It f@@king stinks to high earth of a underhand Western led Coup .

The Road to World War on 23:29 - Mar 18 with 893 viewsLord_Bony

This guy more or less sums up the fears of an escalation with some up to the minute analysis of today's crazy events there.

We should all be concerned,don t ignore this.

The Road to World War on 00:12 - Mar 19 with 872 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Ukrainian was shot by a .....?

Fill in the gaps .!

The Road to World War on 09:22 - Mar 19 with 829 viewsLohengrin

The Road to World War on 00:12 - Mar 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

The Ukrainian was shot by a .....?

Fill in the gaps .!

.... woman scorned.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Road to World War on 09:24 - Mar 19 with 825 viewsShaky

Ukrainian First Deputy PM, Acting defence minister to fly to Crimea

19 Mar 2014 - 09:21
KIEV, March 19 (Reuters) — Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk issued an order on Wednesday for the first deputy prime minister and the acting defence minister to fly to Crimea to "resolve the situation" in the region now controlled by Russian forces. Ostap Semerak, a senior minister, told a meeting of the cabinet that Vitaly Yarema and Ihor Tenyukh would be charged with "ensuring the conflict does not become military in nature".
He said the two men had just left the meeting.
(Reporting by Pavel Polityuk; Writing by Ron Popeski)
Keywords: UKRAINE CRISIS/FLIGHT

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

The Road to World War on 09:49 - Mar 19 with 812 viewsShaky

The Road to World War on 09:24 - Mar 19 by Shaky

Ukrainian First Deputy PM, Acting defence minister to fly to Crimea

19 Mar 2014 - 09:21
KIEV, March 19 (Reuters) — Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk issued an order on Wednesday for the first deputy prime minister and the acting defence minister to fly to Crimea to "resolve the situation" in the region now controlled by Russian forces. Ostap Semerak, a senior minister, told a meeting of the cabinet that Vitaly Yarema and Ihor Tenyukh would be charged with "ensuring the conflict does not become military in nature".
He said the two men had just left the meeting.
(Reporting by Pavel Polityuk; Writing by Ron Popeski)
Keywords: UKRAINE CRISIS/FLIGHT

Crimean PM says will not allow Ukrainian ministers into region-Ifax

19 Mar 2014 - 09:47
MOSCOW, March 19 (Reuters) — Crimean Prime Minister Sergei Aksyonov said on Wednesday that senior Ukrainian officials dispatched to the region by the government in Kiev amid tension between military forces would not be allowed to enter, Russian news agency Interfax reported.
"They are not wanted in Crimea. Nobody will let them into Crimea, they will be sent back," Interfax quoted Aksyonov as saying after Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk ordered and the acting defence minister and first deputy prime minister to fly to Crimea to "resolve the situation" in the region now controlled by Russian forces. [ID:nL3N0MG2K9]
(Reporting by Maria Kiselyova) ((maria.kiselyova@thomsonreuters.com)(+7 495 775 1242)(Reuters
Messaging: maria.kiselyova.thomsonreuters.com@reuters.net))
Keywords: UKRAINE CRISIS/CRIMEA MINISTERS

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Road to World War on 11:32 - Mar 19 with 784 viewsCatullus

The Road to World War on 16:15 - Mar 18 by Shaky

In spite of my foregoing post, I believe the parallel is that nobody is going to go to war over Crimea either.

"The conflict is moving from a political one to a military one because of Russian soldiers," he told a meeting at Ukraine's defence ministry.

So nobody is going to war over Crimea, but the shooting has started. A military conflict is commonly called a war.

QED.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Road to World War on 11:40 - Mar 19 with 779 viewsShaky

The Road to World War on 11:32 - Mar 19 by Catullus

"The conflict is moving from a political one to a military one because of Russian soldiers," he told a meeting at Ukraine's defence ministry.

So nobody is going to war over Crimea, but the shooting has started. A military conflict is commonly called a war.

QED.

So has the war started in your view, yes or no?

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Road to World War on 11:48 - Mar 19 with 772 viewsCatullus

The Road to World War on 11:40 - Mar 19 by Shaky

So has the war started in your view, yes or no?

Depends on whether you consider soldiers with loyalties to different countries shooting at each other a war?
But Ukrainian officials believe it's going towards military conflict. They know more than me.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Road to World War on 11:50 - Mar 19 with 768 viewsShaky

The Road to World War on 11:48 - Mar 19 by Catullus

Depends on whether you consider soldiers with loyalties to different countries shooting at each other a war?
But Ukrainian officials believe it's going towards military conflict. They know more than me.

You seem generally unwilling to take a clear stance on anything, preferring instead to hide behind weasel words.

Perhaps you would get back to me when you have some opinions you are willing to back up with clear, positive language.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Road to World War on 11:56 - Mar 19 with 755 viewsCatullus

The Road to World War on 11:50 - Mar 19 by Shaky

You seem generally unwilling to take a clear stance on anything, preferring instead to hide behind weasel words.

Perhaps you would get back to me when you have some opinions you are willing to back up with clear, positive language.

I tried using clear positive language with you, it was a waste of time. You seem to deliberatley misconstrue the words or post childish things like can I prove the queen is not a lizard creature!!
Seeing as you insist in behaving in such a childish way I see no point in bothering.
You can take that as you winning if you want, when it comes to being childish you have me beaten hands down every time.

The Road to World War on 12:10 - Mar 19 with 745 viewsShaky

The Road to World War on 11:56 - Mar 19 by Catullus

I tried using clear positive language with you, it was a waste of time. You seem to deliberatley misconstrue the words or post childish things like can I prove the queen is not a lizard creature!!
Seeing as you insist in behaving in such a childish way I see no point in bothering.
You can take that as you winning if you want, when it comes to being childish you have me beaten hands down every time.

Since you seem genuinely confused and fixated on my lizard queen remark I will spell it out for you.

You asked me if I had any proof that your conspiracy theory of "The EU and the U.S working to undermine Russia by destabilising former Soviet satellite states " was false.

I admitted I did not have such proof, and then invited you to provide proof that the queen isn't a lizard.

The point here is that it is what is known as a logical fallacy to assume because there is no proof that either statement is false, it then becomes true.

For the sake of everybody's sanity, according to tradition the onus is on somebody making wild claims to offer supporting facts to make their case, not to insist others should falsify them.

Understand?

Now if your objective is to waste my time you are succeeding beyond what I consider reasonable on this nonsense.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Road to World War on 12:20 - Mar 19 with 734 viewsLord_Bony

I'm sorry but for anyone to think the west is not pushing for control of the Ukraine is being naive.

The US,EU,NATO and the IMF have all openly expressed their interest in turning that country to the west for their own agenda.

The Road to World War on 12:21 - Mar 19 with 733 viewsCatullus

The Road to World War on 12:10 - Mar 19 by Shaky

Since you seem genuinely confused and fixated on my lizard queen remark I will spell it out for you.

You asked me if I had any proof that your conspiracy theory of "The EU and the U.S working to undermine Russia by destabilising former Soviet satellite states " was false.

I admitted I did not have such proof, and then invited you to provide proof that the queen isn't a lizard.

The point here is that it is what is known as a logical fallacy to assume because there is no proof that either statement is false, it then becomes true.

For the sake of everybody's sanity, according to tradition the onus is on somebody making wild claims to offer supporting facts to make their case, not to insist others should falsify them.

Understand?

Now if your objective is to waste my time you are succeeding beyond what I consider reasonable on this nonsense.

Well I just read through the whole thread. Maybe I am blind but I cannot see where I asked you to prove anything.
So now you are just making things up to support your argument.

I'm off to meet the Queen now, we have to feast on the blood of recently killed babies. we need to keep our strength up for when the invasion by the giant space frogs starts.

The Road to World War on 12:23 - Mar 19 with 728 viewsShaky

The Road to World War on 13:16 - Mar 18 by Catullus

Any point in particular, or all of it?

And that being the case, can you post a relevant reason why it's rubbish. And don't try the near 70 year old dukedom argument.

Next.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Road to World War on 12:25 - Mar 19 with 714 viewsShaky

The Road to World War on 12:20 - Mar 19 by Lord_Bony

I'm sorry but for anyone to think the west is not pushing for control of the Ukraine is being naive.

The US,EU,NATO and the IMF have all openly expressed their interest in turning that country to the west for their own agenda.

And what do you think that agenda is?

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Road to World War on 12:29 - Mar 19 with 709 viewsShaky

Or to put it another way, do you believe that developing countries say in the former eastern block see it as in their vital national interests to sign trade agreements with the EU and gain access to multilateral organisations offering financing for various development purposes and general lending?

Of course they bloody well do. You should know that if you have spent any time in Romania or wherever it was you said you had traveled.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Road to World War on 12:32 - Mar 19 with 705 viewsLord_Bony

Control of the Ukraine for resources and it's geographic strategic importance being right next to Russia . It would also kick the Russians out of the naval ports of the black sea and give the west total domination over the Russians as a superpower.

The big corptoations would have field day over the rich resources and arable farm land there.

The country would also be paying back money and interst to the IMF forever and a day.

That's just for starters.

The Road to World War on 12:35 - Mar 19 with 698 viewsShaky

The Road to World War on 12:32 - Mar 19 by Lord_Bony

Control of the Ukraine for resources and it's geographic strategic importance being right next to Russia . It would also kick the Russians out of the naval ports of the black sea and give the west total domination over the Russians as a superpower.

The big corptoations would have field day over the rich resources and arable farm land there.

The country would also be paying back money and interst to the IMF forever and a day.

That's just for starters.

But Russia has already annexed the black sea ports, which are indeed in their strategic national interests.

The rest of you points just boil down to actually a rather weak form of historicism, plus a smidgen of goldbug theology.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2014 12:37]

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Road to World War on 12:36 - Mar 19 with 694 viewsLord_Bony

The Road to World War on 12:35 - Mar 19 by Shaky

But Russia has already annexed the black sea ports, which are indeed in their strategic national interests.

The rest of you points just boil down to actually a rather weak form of historicism, plus a smidgen of goldbug theology.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2014 12:37]

I'm sorry I'm not even sure I can answer that daft reply.

You ve just totally ignored the points I've made.

The Road to World War on 12:40 - Mar 19 with 686 viewsShaky

The Road to World War on 12:36 - Mar 19 by Lord_Bony

I'm sorry I'm not even sure I can answer that daft reply.

You ve just totally ignored the points I've made.

You have made no points.

Historicism is where you view history or events through the lens of who will benefit.

You then infer from that what is in effect a derived conspiracy of the groups or individuals you assert to be the prime movers behind such events.

It is intellectually unsustainable, and that's putting it very kindly indeed.

Nevertheless, you might also like to consider whether the actual western population of Ukraine would benefit from closer ties to the EU/West.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2014 12:41]

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Road to World War on 12:46 - Mar 19 with 675 viewsLord_Bony

You said you cannot believe the west would try to undermine Ukraine and asked why would they do that?

I said yes they would and gave reasons why they would have an interest in doing that.

You came back and said that's a load of rubbish.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024