Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Road to World War 08:45 - Mar 16 with 9944 viewsLord_Bony

Starts at midnight tonight.

Take my word for it,just watch what happens in The Ukraine this week.

It s about to get nasty.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Road to World War on 08:46 - Mar 16 with 4021 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Road to World War on 08:50 - Mar 16 with 4015 viewsLord_Bony

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

The Road to World War on 14:54 - Mar 17 with 3855 viewscontroversial_jack

The EU is going to place sanctions on Russia, just watch our gas bills rise and this govt push for more fracking.It's as if all this has been planned
The Road to World War on 20:21 - Mar 17 with 3741 viewsLord_Bony

We ll have to see if the west Europe and America will send in NATO to counter the Russians.

Ukraine government said today it would bring nukes back out if need be...

The Road to World War on 23:38 - Mar 17 with 3637 viewsWarwickHunt

The Road to World War on 14:54 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

The EU is going to place sanctions on Russia, just watch our gas bills rise and this govt push for more fracking.It's as if all this has been planned

Yes, that'll be it. Fracking.

Christ on a f*cking bike.
The Road to World War on 00:13 - Mar 18 with 3594 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Crimea will join Russia. Ukraine will join the E.U in time. America, the United Kingdom and other key countries will say they have placed sanctions on Russia and this will all die down, just like the Georgia incident. If anybody thinks a war will develop between Russia and any world super power then they are a lunatic. A war between Russia and Ukraine is the worst thing that is likely to happen, and I doubt that will even arise.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2014 0:24]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Road to World War on 00:14 - Mar 18 with 3600 viewslonglostjack

The Road to World War on 20:21 - Mar 17 by Lord_Bony

We ll have to see if the west Europe and America will send in NATO to counter the Russians.

Ukraine government said today it would bring nukes back out if need be...

As long as they don't do anything before the Norwich game - I've already booked my flight.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Road to World War on 00:58 - Mar 18 with 3575 viewsDavillin

Putin spent much of yesterday with the leadership of China.

Very few media outlets reporting it, but that frightens me far more than any other single event of recent years.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

The Road to World War on 05:19 - Mar 18 with 3518 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Democracy ruled in Crimea and America didn't like it .
Oh the irony .
Russia rule the world and there's f&@k all anybody can do about it.
Thank god it's not America .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:44 - Mar 18 with 3490 viewsWarwickHunt

The Road to World War on 14:54 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

Edit: Oops - don't know what happened there...

Must have taken the tin foil hat off for a minute.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2014 6:47]
The Road to World War on 07:02 - Mar 18 with 3464 viewsQuakerJack

If war breaks out between Russia and the West, they might cancel the premier league season and that could get us out of a relegation scrap.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The Road to World War on 08:12 - Mar 18 with 3421 viewsItchySphincter

The EU has a lot to answer for. As corrupt as the former Soviet Union and wholly responsible for stirring up this sh!t storm, as usual.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Road to World War on 08:25 - Mar 18 with 3405 viewsLord_Bony

The EU....don't make me laugh....

Did you know the recently published figures for corruption within the EU,missing money siphoned off,was a staggering €120 billion last year alone.

That's more than the entire GDP of the ukraine!

And we want those to join us..,hee hee.

We will suck them dry....
[Post edited 18 Mar 2014 8:45]

The Road to World War on 11:27 - Mar 18 with 3305 viewsCatullus

The Road to World War on 08:25 - Mar 18 by Lord_Bony

The EU....don't make me laugh....

Did you know the recently published figures for corruption within the EU,missing money siphoned off,was a staggering €120 billion last year alone.

That's more than the entire GDP of the ukraine!

And we want those to join us..,hee hee.

We will suck them dry....
[Post edited 18 Mar 2014 8:45]

I have been spouting how bad the Eu is for ages. There are some europhiles on here who won't have it, but the EU is a mess and it's causing many more problems than it will ever solve.
They stuck their noses into the Ukraine and stirred all this up. The EU is expansionist and (surprise surprise) Russia doesn't like it!!
And the West is calling the Crimean referenda illegal, could that be because they don't like the outcome. Lets face it, the Eu is only happy to allow a vote if it's likely to go their way. And then (think ireland) if it goes against they throw sh*t loads of money at it until they get the result they want.
Would anyone be surprised that the cold war never actually stopped, it just went underground?
The EU and the U.S working to undermine Russia by destabilising former Soviet satellite states. I know it's a conspiracy theory, but with what's happened, does it sound so mad?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Road to World War on 11:34 - Mar 18 with 3287 viewsShaky

Yes.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Road to World War on 11:38 - Mar 18 with 3281 viewsLord_Bony

"The EU and the U.S working to undermine Russia by destabilising former Soviet satellite states. I know it's a conspiracy theory, but with what's happened, does it sound so mad? - Catullus

An extremely important point.how would we like it if the new government of say Scotland wanted to be part of Russia and the Ruskies want to come in and build missile basis and have a couple of naval ports there? I don t think we d like it really and would take action.
We'll it s the same situation in reverse.

That war hawk tat Senator John McCain is out there pushing for Moldova and Georgia to hurry up and join NATO so we can build bases next to Russia and totally nullify their nuclear capability.

Madness,the Russians won t stand for it.

http://www.rferl.org/content/georgia-moldova-mccain-nato/25294893.html

The Road to World War on 11:41 - Mar 18 with 3268 viewsShaky

All this geo-political speculation ignores the fact that there is a clear democratic majority to join the West in most of these places, although admittedly the Ukraine is a divided country.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Road to World War on 12:19 - Mar 18 with 3239 viewsCatullus

The Road to World War on 11:41 - Mar 18 by Shaky

All this geo-political speculation ignores the fact that there is a clear democratic majority to join the West in most of these places, although admittedly the Ukraine is a divided country.

No, there is a clear desire to stick with Russia in both eastern Ukraine and the Crimea.
Yanukovich headed straight for the east when opposition threatened him and Yulia Tymoshenko was being held there.
Crimea had a referenda and on the assumption it wasn't fixed, recorded a landslide in favour of Russia.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Road to World War on 12:31 - Mar 18 with 3222 viewsLord_Bony

I'm afraid the Eu and the Us missed the boat.

They should have encouraged a fair election there and if the country voted for a pro Eu government then no way could Putin have snatched the Crimea from under their noses and we would have had the country as a whole.

Instead they fecked it up as usual by covertly overthrowing an elected president in a coup and installing a pro EU puppet yesman to do the bidding of the west.Over 5 billion dollars have been given to these new thugs with Nazi tendencies to rule Ukraine.

So it is an illegal,illegitimate government that we a re funding and supporting there.

Putin has basically pulled off a master move in this chess game and looks like he's going to get the east Ukraine as well....all the best bits...well now be left with the crap and thousands coming here to live,that's not counting the billions in bailouts we'll have to fork out to help them.

Well done the EU again.

The Road to World War on 12:37 - Mar 18 with 3210 viewsCatullus

And the puppet government the EU "installed" could go in any direction. We have seen before how people the west has put in power have turned on them.
Remember when Osama Bin Laden was unheard of, he received backing from the west. And we all know how that turned out.
Ukraine has nuclear weapons, that is scary.

The Road to World War on 12:42 - Mar 18 with 3202 viewsLord_Bony

The Road to World War on 12:37 - Mar 18 by Catullus

And the puppet government the EU "installed" could go in any direction. We have seen before how people the west has put in power have turned on them.
Remember when Osama Bin Laden was unheard of, he received backing from the west. And we all know how that turned out.
Ukraine has nuclear weapons, that is scary.

Yeah just like the Al Qaeda and Jihad extremists we ve supplied with weapons in Syria.

It will come back to haunt us soon enough.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2014 13:03]

The Road to World War on 12:43 - Mar 18 with 3196 viewsShaky

The Road to World War on 12:19 - Mar 18 by Catullus

No, there is a clear desire to stick with Russia in both eastern Ukraine and the Crimea.
Yanukovich headed straight for the east when opposition threatened him and Yulia Tymoshenko was being held there.
Crimea had a referenda and on the assumption it wasn't fixed, recorded a landslide in favour of Russia.

Crimea is in the Eastern Ukraine:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=np&q=map+ukrain

As for the western part, most of that formerly belonged the family of my old mate from Poland Maciej Radziwill, if what he told me was correct.

Very nice bloke indeed. Perhaps the best solution would be to restore his family's old dukedom and make him supreme ruler.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Road to World War on 12:47 - Mar 18 with 3187 viewsCatullus

The Road to World War on 12:43 - Mar 18 by Shaky

Crimea is in the Eastern Ukraine:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=np&q=map+ukrain

As for the western part, most of that formerly belonged the family of my old mate from Poland Maciej Radziwill, if what he told me was correct.

Very nice bloke indeed. Perhaps the best solution would be to restore his family's old dukedom and make him supreme ruler.

Crimea does not represent all of east Ukraine.
As for the western part, what does it matter who used to own what? What relevance is a long forgotten dukedom to what's happening today?
Western Ukraine would go with the EU, the rest with Russia.
maybe Putin wouldn't argue over that, seeing as the east holds nearly everything worth arguing over.

The Road to World War on 12:50 - Mar 18 with 3185 viewsLord_Bony

I think you ll find the Crimea is southern most part of the Ukraine almost an island...it's about 3 miles from Russia and they will build a bridge to connect the two ports soon.

Ukraine is cut in two east and west,traversed by the Driporo river.

The East is the powerful,rich part full of industry and resources.

The west is a poor run down shithole full of used up nuclear power reactors and millions of people in despair with no future....that s the bit we ll be getting....lol

The Road to World War on 12:50 - Mar 18 with 3182 viewsShaky

The Road to World War on 12:47 - Mar 18 by Catullus

Crimea does not represent all of east Ukraine.
As for the western part, what does it matter who used to own what? What relevance is a long forgotten dukedom to what's happening today?
Western Ukraine would go with the EU, the rest with Russia.
maybe Putin wouldn't argue over that, seeing as the east holds nearly everything worth arguing over.

The relevance is that Maciej's dukedom was confiscated by the Soviets after WWII. As such the very notion of Ukraine is a thoroughly modern construct.

A bit like Yugoslavia, and look what happened there.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024