Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... 23:41 - Apr 5 with 20301 viewsGowerjack

I beleive we will be relegated next season.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 00:40 - Apr 6 with 5693 viewsLiberty

Back to op, I have to agree.

Someone earlier pointed out that at least 10 players on our books could leave and not be missed, so new recruitment will be crucial.

Starting 11 look fine, but a bit more strength in depth needed.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:15 - Apr 6 with 5495 viewsQuakerJack

On the OP. I agree, it would be criminal to give him the job full time.

I'm liking Rossler more and more. If wigwam don't go up I'd go get him. I have a horrible feeling Monk will be manager next season, to allow Huw to have greater influence behind the scenes.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:49 - Apr 6 with 5316 viewsStarsky

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:15 - Apr 6 by QuakerJack

On the OP. I agree, it would be criminal to give him the job full time.

I'm liking Rossler more and more. If wigwam don't go up I'd go get him. I have a horrible feeling Monk will be manager next season, to allow Huw to have greater influence behind the scenes.

Rossler's the first name on my lips too.
It would be great to turn the tables on Dave Whelan

It's just the internet, init.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:55 - Apr 6 with 5283 viewslibertine

uwes the man
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:01 - Apr 6 with 5247 viewsDr_Winston

Sure I read somewhere that Rosler wanted to move back to the North West because his family is based there. Might be a consideration.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:07 - Apr 6 with 5225 viewswaynekerr55

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:01 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

Sure I read somewhere that Rosler wanted to move back to the North West because his family is based there. Might be a consideration.

I'd love to get him but I doubt it. We've got a fighting chance next year as we won't have "fitness coach of the year 1969" running the players until they are sick in pre season though...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:13 - Apr 6 with 5202 viewsSTEVE1

We need to get the wage bill down and stop paying good money for players that do not contribute anything

To go

Cornell
Lamah
Lita
Tiendalli
Vazquez
Richards
Ngog
Emnes
Tate
Donnolly
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:19 - Apr 6 with 5180 viewsmonmouth

Given the various track records, I'd trust the board before randoms on here, evenmajority randoms. Problem with the internet is that everyone thinks they are entitled to an opinion and, worse, that it is valid or worthwhile. Anyway, my worthless, invalid opinion puts me on the Paul Clement bus. Just our sort of leftfield appointment. Gazza as his coach or assistant with a view to eventual succession.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:21 - Apr 6 with 5173 viewsVetchitBack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:19 - Apr 6 by monmouth

Given the various track records, I'd trust the board before randoms on here, evenmajority randoms. Problem with the internet is that everyone thinks they are entitled to an opinion and, worse, that it is valid or worthwhile. Anyway, my worthless, invalid opinion puts me on the Paul Clement bus. Just our sort of leftfield appointment. Gazza as his coach or assistant with a view to eventual succession.

Gazza?! Team bonding will no longer be an issue

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:23 - Apr 6 with 5159 viewspencoedjack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:19 - Apr 6 by monmouth

Yep I'm on the Clement bus as well .....
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:52 - Apr 6 with 5076 viewsC_jack

x1 for UR. Go get him.

As for GM, I don't think we'd necessarily be relegated, but it would be a long, hard season down the bottom end of the table.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 18:53]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:12 - Apr 6 with 5033 viewsclement

GM is learning every game, and is obviously a great motivator.

how long will it take for him to be as good tactically is the real question....

think it's just to much to soon for him tbh

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:16 - Apr 6 with 5020 viewsAngelRangelQS

I agree with the op.

He's done okay so far but I would hardly be confident going into next season with him in charge.

That said, I do think the squad needs a major overhaul
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:20 - Apr 6 with 5006 viewsJokeren1943

As I said when Monk was hired (when Laudrup was sacked). Give Monk the rest of the season and lets see. Still plenty of points to play for.

So far Monk has offered nothing but he still can change things around. So lets see.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:23 - Apr 6 with 4990 viewsOldjack

I believe the team let him down yesterday with woeful finishing, passing, and some cartoon defending

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:35 - Apr 6 with 4966 viewsGowerjack

Clement for me as well.

I like and admire Monk but we are playing with the big boys now.
What worked in League 1 won't wash now.

Imagine we appoint Monk but his win ratio stays as it is now.

We'd be in a relegation battle by October with loads on here baying for his blood.

Is that what we want?

Plastic since 1974

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:36 - Apr 6 with 4956 viewsmonmouth

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:35 - Apr 6 by Gowerjack

Clement for me as well.

I like and admire Monk but we are playing with the big boys now.
What worked in League 1 won't wash now.

Imagine we appoint Monk but his win ratio stays as it is now.

We'd be in a relegation battle by October with loads on here baying for his blood.

Is that what we want?

That's my worry too. A few early defeats and he would be villified.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:39 - Apr 6 with 4936 viewsPhil_S

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:36 - Apr 6 by monmouth

That's my worry too. A few early defeats and he would be villified.

It would be like April 2014 all over again
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:41 - Apr 6 with 4923 viewsmonmouth

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:39 - Apr 6 by Phil_S

Indeed.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:45 - Apr 6 with 4895 viewsAngelRangelQS

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:39 - Apr 6 by Phil_S

Do you think he's done enough to get the job next season Phil?
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:46 - Apr 6 with 4889 viewsPhil_S

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:45 - Apr 6 by AngelRangelQS

Do you think he's done enough to get the job next season Phil?

No but personally I wouldn't have given him the job in the first place either
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:51 - Apr 6 with 4873 viewsAngelRangelQS

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:46 - Apr 6 by Phil_S

No but personally I wouldn't have given him the job in the first place either

If we stay up then it will always look like a good decision although we were quite unlikely to go down under Laudrup anyway.

I just keep hoping that there is either a) someone leaving a club in the summer who'll come here or b) someone currently out of work who'll only come here if we stay up.

If Monk has been the plan all along then God help us
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:53 - Apr 6 with 4856 viewsPhil_S

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:51 - Apr 6 by AngelRangelQS

If we stay up then it will always look like a good decision although we were quite unlikely to go down under Laudrup anyway.

I just keep hoping that there is either a) someone leaving a club in the summer who'll come here or b) someone currently out of work who'll only come here if we stay up.

If Monk has been the plan all along then God help us

I dont think we were ever going down under Laudrup we would have secured enough points between when he went and the end of the season as we will now!
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:03 - Apr 6 with 4815 viewsGowerjack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:53 - Apr 6 by Phil_S

I dont think we were ever going down under Laudrup we would have secured enough points between when he went and the end of the season as we will now!

Agreed

I was never a massive fan of Laudrup but nothing Monk has done has would lead me to believe he has impoved our league postition over what Laudrup would have achieved.

Plastic since 1974

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:53 - Apr 6 with 4723 viewsAl_Bundy

Think Monk is doing a decent job especially if he gets us over the line this season.

What is worrying though fans on here state how much quality our squad has yet we've had some truly awful games under Monk where our players look disinterested and not motivated.

I would like to see a new experienced Manager come in and take the reigns and whoever has the role of a defensive coach should be gone already.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024