Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... 23:41 - Apr 5 with 20329 viewsGowerjack

I beleive we will be relegated next season.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:55 - Apr 6 with 1713 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:53 - Apr 6 by Phil_S

I dont think we were ever going down under Laudrup we would have secured enough points between when he went and the end of the season as we will now!

Exactly.

Which explains why the sacking was never about results.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:06 - Apr 6 with 1687 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Huw shot his bolt too early over Monk. If he'd have taken his time, had Monk retire, coach, do his badges, he might have been able to get the 'boot room' philosophy together.

Now he can't replace him as head coach without Monk leaving or doing his usual undermining the new manager trick.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:08 - Apr 6 with 1681 viewsblaine_scfc

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:06 - Apr 6 by NeiltheTaylor

Huw shot his bolt too early over Monk. If he'd have taken his time, had Monk retire, coach, do his badges, he might have been able to get the 'boot room' philosophy together.

Now he can't replace him as head coach without Monk leaving or doing his usual undermining the new manager trick.

This ^^

Think we are pretty much stuck with Monk now, can not see another manager coming in while Monk is here. I'd be very surprised if he would work under someone, and if he did, I don't think it would end well.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:23 - Apr 6 with 1646 viewsGowerjack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:08 - Apr 6 by blaine_scfc

This ^^

Think we are pretty much stuck with Monk now, can not see another manager coming in while Monk is here. I'd be very surprised if he would work under someone, and if he did, I don't think it would end well.

In which case we are in for a very very long and difficult season.

Plastic since 1974

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:27 - Apr 6 with 1622 views3swan

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:08 - Apr 6 by blaine_scfc

This ^^

Is it not possible that a senior manager would be happy with a 2 year contract to mentor Garry. One last job etc.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:38 - Apr 6 with 1592 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:27 - Apr 6 by 3swan

Is it not possible that a senior manager would be happy with a 2 year contract to mentor Garry. One last job etc.

Why the f*ck do we have to bend over backwards to accommodate Monk - it's not like he's the only option.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 22:19]
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:43 - Apr 6 with 1572 viewsNeiltheTaylor

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:38 - Apr 6 by WarwickHunt

Why the f*ck do we have to bend over backwards to accommodate Monk - it's not like he's the only option.

we've booked his Brazil trip now and it's non transferrable

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:44 - Apr 6 with 1564 views3swan

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:38 - Apr 6 by WarwickHunt

Didn't say that we have too, I was just posting a reply that another manager wouldn't come in while Monk was here.
Login to get fewer ads

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:48 - Apr 6 with 1550 viewsC_jack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:27 - Apr 6 by 3swan

No, it's not.

What manager would do it? name some

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:50 - Apr 6 with 1542 views3swan

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:48 - Apr 6 by C_jack

No, it's not.

Knew that standard reply would come sometime

Not ruling anything out or ruling anything in.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:57 - Apr 6 with 1512 viewsblaine_scfc

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:48 - Apr 6 by C_jack

No, it's not.

I just can't see GM agreeing to have a senior manager in place to "mentor" him.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 22:19 - Apr 6 with 1460 viewsC_jack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:57 - Apr 6 by blaine_scfc

I just can't see GM agreeing to have a senior manager in place to "mentor" him.

Doesn't matter, no manager worth any salt would do it, period.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 22:51 - Apr 6 with 1428 viewsUxbridge

No, but he is the chosen one.

Far better for the chosen one to have some coaching experience than the current scenario.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 23:40 - Apr 6 with 1376 viewsLiberty

Just get an experienced manager in , Monk can get more experience with our under 21 or elsewhere. O'Leary had more management experience than Monk at time of appointment.

Ps . What happened to Jackfaths offensive post on this thread last night? Taking the mick out of a disadvantaged child. Moved or scrapped ?

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 00:17 - Apr 7 with 1350 viewsSpratty

The $10,000,000 question
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 07:45 - Apr 7 with 1235 viewsGowerjack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 23:40 - Apr 6 by Liberty

Just get an experienced manager in , Monk can get more experience with our under 21 or elsewhere. O'Leary had more management experience than Monk at time of appointment.

Ps . What happened to Jackfaths offensive post on this thread last night? Taking the mick out of a disadvantaged child. Moved or scrapped ?

Removed.

After complaints.

Plastic since 1974

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:22 - Apr 7 with 1196 viewscostalotta

GM should not be given the job next season. That's no reflection on him right now it's just clear he is not ready. The reasons why....

1. No experience in management let alone in the EPL.
2. He's too close to the current group of players and will not be able to get the best out of them
3. He dropping too many points. We've been out of Europe for weeks now and our points per game hasn't improve from what it was before. So if anything we've gone backwards under him.
4. Some decent performances... But then we loose them games. Basically he's not street wise and his subs leave a lot to be desired.
5. Strange team selections... Michu over Pablo, Davies over Taylor? Plus others... In a way Saturday was as bad if not worse that the west ham game that saw ML loose his job. We've had too many very poor performances under monk.
6. Substitutions that only seem to change a game not in our favour. Except his first game cardiff, Pablo changed that. But looking back maybe he got lucky.
7. Too close to the board. The board and manager don't need to be best of friends. Respect and friendly of course. But a manager should be able to get on with his job without board interference. I'm saying this is the case right now but... Thee are those who are suggesting he is a board puppet.

I've no doubt that when GM gets the experience, does his time as it were and goes through the necessary learning curves he will be A good manager, possibly a very good manager. But we are a EPL club and we shouldn't be risking our status on his appointment in the long term at this moment in time.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:36 - Apr 7 with 1191 viewspaulv2k4

I don't get it. We've been poor for a season and a half yet its all monk's fault? What difference would a 'seasoned' manager make? It takes an exceptional motivator to get us out of a rut. Laudrup was not that, Rodgers and Martinez are. Good luck finding that somewhere for cheap.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:42 - Apr 7 with 1188 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:36 - Apr 7 by paulv2k4

I don't get it. We've been poor for a season and a half yet its all monk's fault? What difference would a 'seasoned' manager make? It takes an exceptional motivator to get us out of a rut. Laudrup was not that, Rodgers and Martinez are. Good luck finding that somewhere for cheap.

In case you haven't noticed, we are (or were...) approaching our fourth season in the PL .

It doesn't have to be a cheap appointment.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:55 - Apr 7 with 1173 viewsDr_Winston

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:42 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

In case you haven't noticed, we are (or were...) approaching our fourth season in the PL .

But it probably will be.

Big summer for us. Need to decide if we want to keep acting like a small club that got lucky or the established Premier League side that we want to become. Managers are something we probably shouldn't scrimp on.

Jenkins' biggest call since he sacked Flynn.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:04 - Apr 7 with 1162 viewspaulv2k4

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:42 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

That may be the case, but id rather strengthen the squad than pay far too much for a manager that we could sack after 20 games for a huge payout.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:12 - Apr 7 with 1152 viewsSpratty

Sadly coming down to Profit v Risk - RIP fans run club

Who said a directors wife disparagingly told them the fans think they own Swansea PLC

I know A_Fans_Dad will tell us its a business and we are lucky if the directors tell us anything. But then again we are at least customers and may rightfully complain if our beef pie contains horse meat.

I know dailew will continue up arrowing all posts that support the board / Monk and down arrow all posts that speak against them. Is that really Dai Lewis or Daily Huw?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 9:20]
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:18 - Apr 7 with 1140 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:04 - Apr 7 by paulv2k4

That may be the case, but id rather strengthen the squad than pay far too much for a manager that we could sack after 20 games for a huge payout.

Great idea - buy an expensive car and get a f*cking chimp to drive it.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:22 - Apr 7 with 1130 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:18 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Great idea - buy an expensive car and get a f*cking chimp to drive it.

Beat me to it.

I'm with Jobbie on this one. Very important appointment coming up.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:25 - Apr 7 with 1124 viewsDr_Winston

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:22 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

Beat me to it.

I'm with Jobbie on this one. Very important appointment coming up.

I still fully expect Monk to get it. The club are desperate for him to be a success, and by extension, justify their own decisions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024