Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... 23:41 - Apr 5 with 20324 viewsGowerjack

I beleive we will be relegated next season.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:30 - Apr 7 with 1357 viewssomersetsimon

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:58 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

Depends if he was told he would have to pick him. I agree though, if a manager doesn't want a player then we really shouldn't go and sign him.

I thought it was odd at the time, as the manager just wouldn't pick the player if he didn't want him.
I'm not sure if this was really the board thinking ahead that they would be sacking Laudrup and replacing him with Monk, as Monk obviously doesn't rate Emnes (or Ngog) either!
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:10 - Apr 7 with 1313 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:12 - Apr 7 by Darran

Who do you hope wins Swansea City or Michael Laudruo?

My sincere hope is that fairness prevails.

If our board have got us in such a situation I would not want anyone shafted let alone someone who had achieved so much for the club it would be abhorrent.

If ML has done something terrible (more than as declared from the outset, want to manage without interference) then I hope he gets nothing. In fact if I truly felt he had done something to deliberately harm our club (besides get his fair dues) I would applaud Huw for having the courage to kick his famous ass up the road. Unfortunately to me the facts are far from erring on this side. Even then there must be questions on the nature of allowing us to get to this point and the execution of the dismissal. I would also take a similar view on any action by the Board or Players that was borne out of self interest / ego / other such agenda or incompetence.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:11 - Apr 7 with 1309 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:10 - Apr 7 by Spratty

My sincere hope is that fairness prevails.

If our board have got us in such a situation I would not want anyone shafted let alone someone who had achieved so much for the club it would be abhorrent.

If ML has done something terrible (more than as declared from the outset, want to manage without interference) then I hope he gets nothing. In fact if I truly felt he had done something to deliberately harm our club (besides get his fair dues) I would applaud Huw for having the courage to kick his famous ass up the road. Unfortunately to me the facts are far from erring on this side. Even then there must be questions on the nature of allowing us to get to this point and the execution of the dismissal. I would also take a similar view on any action by the Board or Players that was borne out of self interest / ego / other such agenda or incompetence.

As I thought Laudrup.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:27 - Apr 7 with 1279 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:18 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

Would that be his reputation for falling out with various boards/chairmen and getting the boot?

He's maintained that reputation fairly well.

Perhaps why before he agreed to stay and manage he made it clear that he wanted no interference. I would see that as a prudent approach and possibly built on previous experience. For the relationship to break down as it did reflects well on neither side regardless of blame.

This is fair enough if those were his conditions and the board were willing to accept him on that basis. Many managers agree and some make similar conditions.

We are also aware of the stubbornness of our Board. If they tried to interfere with his management he was right to nip it in the bud. Obviously I and perhaps he would have listened politely and explained why I did not see that as the best way forward if that was the case. If it continued I would point out what I was achieving and any difficulties I was achieving it under and remind them of our agreement. If it was so bad that the Board were seriously concerned for the future of the club I would expect something in writing from them (and I don't mean in the Guardian on the day of the Cardiff match).

Let's put it this way. If I was having brain surgery (await comments) and the director of health services popped his head into the operating theatre and started telling the surgeon what tools to use and how to deploy them, personally I would hope the surgeon would tell him where to go in no uncertain terms.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:29 - Apr 7 with 1273 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:11 - Apr 7 by Darran

As I thought Laudrup.

So you are saying the board have shafted him, given those are the circumstances my support goes to Laudrup
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:32 - Apr 7 with 1264 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:29 - Apr 7 by Spratty

So you are saying the board have shafted him, given those are the circumstances my support goes to Laudrup

It doesn't tally that you can be a Swansea City fan and hope Laudrup makes a few million out of his dismissal case.

I may have reservations about the manner of his sacking and the succession planning, but as a Swans fan I hope he gets diddly squat.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:50 - Apr 7 with 1236 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:32 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

It doesn't tally that you can be a Swansea City fan and hope Laudrup makes a few million out of his dismissal case.

I may have reservations about the manner of his sacking and the succession planning, but as a Swans fan I hope he gets diddly squat.

The last thing in the world you'd think he is is a Swansea City fan based solely in his posts on Planetswans.

It's very bizarre.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:56 - Apr 7 with 1221 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:50 - Apr 7 by Darran

The last thing in the world you'd think he is is a Swansea City fan based solely in his posts on Planetswans.

It's very bizarre.

Well if I looked at what was posted on here, there's a load of people I wouldn't call fans. Especially you

I can get the point of view that they think Laudrup's been treated shabbily, which seems to be the general thrust of his arguments to date. To a degree I'd probably agree. But to hope the club get clobbered? Pfft. Different kettle entirely.

Login to get fewer ads

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:58 - Apr 7 with 1210 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:56 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

Well if I looked at what was posted on here, there's a load of people I wouldn't call fans. Especially you

I can get the point of view that they think Laudrup's been treated shabbily, which seems to be the general thrust of his arguments to date. To a degree I'd probably agree. But to hope the club get clobbered? Pfft. Different kettle entirely.

I agree.

With the 2nd paragraph.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:00 - Apr 7 with 1202 viewsShaky

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:29 - Apr 7 by Spratty

This is what you have to understand about football tribalism, Spratty; good is defined solely as what is good for the club, regardless of whether it is amoral, unjust, and maybe illegal.

Consider this as a sort of rite of passage in Darran's eyes; you have to be prepared to chuck out your moral compass, and support the club's decisions unquestioningly to be considered a proper fan in his book.

Good for you for rejecting that trip into the spirit of the Dark Ages.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:16 - Apr 7 with 1173 viewstomdickharry

Since the sacking of Laudrup all is quiet with both parties probably seeking counsel.Will the dispute arrive before Me Lord,no way,too much would be revealed unless a hearing is held in camera,no idea what the rules are on Civil Proceedings in camera. Every likelihood that Laudrup will employ the best of the best legal minds so expect a tough negotiating stance on his side,with an undisclosed sum awarded to Laudrup the outcome.Next years accounts should make interesting reading. If we stay up,probably the best interest of our club would be to appoint Monk as Manager with the rider that HE (and I mean HE) appoints an experienced No2,it is also contractually agreed that he (Monk) and his No2 have the sole responsibility of signing and releasing players within a prescribed budget.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:25 - Apr 7 with 1161 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:16 - Apr 7 by tomdickharry

Since the sacking of Laudrup all is quiet with both parties probably seeking counsel.Will the dispute arrive before Me Lord,no way,too much would be revealed unless a hearing is held in camera,no idea what the rules are on Civil Proceedings in camera. Every likelihood that Laudrup will employ the best of the best legal minds so expect a tough negotiating stance on his side,with an undisclosed sum awarded to Laudrup the outcome.Next years accounts should make interesting reading. If we stay up,probably the best interest of our club would be to appoint Monk as Manager with the rider that HE (and I mean HE) appoints an experienced No2,it is also contractually agreed that he (Monk) and his No2 have the sole responsibility of signing and releasing players within a prescribed budget.

Not sure it would be explicitly stated in the accounts.

Whatever the structure is going to be, it needs to be decided and agreed and stuck to. Asking Monk to be in charge of all recruitment as well as everything else will be a big ask. Needs to have the final say of course.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:37 - Apr 7 with 1139 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:00 - Apr 7 by Shaky

This is what you have to understand about football tribalism, Spratty; good is defined solely as what is good for the club, regardless of whether it is amoral, unjust, and maybe illegal.

Consider this as a sort of rite of passage in Darran's eyes; you have to be prepared to chuck out your moral compass, and support the club's decisions unquestioningly to be considered a proper fan in his book.

Good for you for rejecting that trip into the spirit of the Dark Ages.

It's not a sort of rite of passage it's football.
Managers get sacked,why this f*ckers so different is bizarre.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:43 - Apr 7 with 1126 viewsJokeren1943

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:11 - Apr 7 by Darran

As I thought Laudrup.

Lets turn it around.

If Laudrup was not sacked and Tottenham offered to release him of his Swansea contract for 8-9 million would you take the money?

Of course Laudrup is entitled to get the money according to his contract.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:46 - Apr 7 with 1115 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:43 - Apr 7 by Jokeren1943

Lets turn it around.

If Laudrup was not sacked and Tottenham offered to release him of his Swansea contract for 8-9 million would you take the money?

Of course he is, if that's how the legal chips fall. However any Swans fan would hope he gets nothing. The interests of Swansea City and Laudrup are completely opposed, and by definition anyone supporting Laudrup is not supporting Swansea City.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:47 - Apr 7 with 1112 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:43 - Apr 7 by Jokeren1943

Lets turn it around.

No he's not unless you know something the rest of us don't.
Football is a strange one when contracts are involved that's why Malkys not currently working.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:50 - Apr 7 with 1102 viewstomdickharry

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:25 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

Not sure it would be explicitly stated in the accounts.

Whatever the structure is going to be, it needs to be decided and agreed and stuck to. Asking Monk to be in charge of all recruitment as well as everything else will be a big ask. Needs to have the final say of course.

That's why I said interesting reading perhaps that should have said"forensic interpretation" or words to that effect.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:54 - Apr 7 with 1097 viewsJokeren1943

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:47 - Apr 7 by Darran

No he's not unless you know something the rest of us don't.
Football is a strange one when contracts are involved that's why Malkys not currently working.

If his contract he made together with Swansea give Laudrup a certain amount of money, of course he should have them.

Should not be any different from those other millions of contracts made in the private sector.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 15:31 - Apr 7 with 1066 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:50 - Apr 7 by tomdickharry

That's why I said interesting reading perhaps that should have said"forensic interpretation" or words to that effect.

Problem is that unless it was explicitly stated, you'd have to be psychic to try and break it down from the summary we find in a standard set of accounts. The truth will come out either way though, it usually does.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 15:52 - Apr 7 with 1033 viewsmonmouth

Who says we're not still paying him until/if he finds a new job? Eventually it ends in compromise, not just in football but at senior levels in all organisations. When things go sour you just sort out a compromise that normally binds both parties to silence. Quite why the Laudrup ego went for the press conference escapes me, and quite why anyone needs to take Laudrup's 'side' bemuses me too. He'll get what the law entitles him to or what he accepts. He, like Rodgers and Martinez did well out of Swansea and we did well out of him, before it all went sour. He's not coming back and I for one am glad, and I hope he gets the absolute minimum out of our club that is feasible in law.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 15:57]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:08 - Apr 7 with 1025 viewsSpratty

"why the Laudrup ego went for the press conference escapes"

Possibly to counter the lies that were being told about him which Huw asked to stop.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:11 - Apr 7 with 1020 viewssnork44

Back to the original point 'if we appoint Garry Monk as a full time manager we'll be relegated'! The same question could be asked if we appointed Paul Clement, Marcelo Bielsa or Ronald Koeman? All have their pros and cons, were the same questions asked regarding Martinez,Sousa,Rodgers and Laudrup? Appointing a head coach or Manager is a risk, one of those three could be a mega success or equally be a flop. Garry could have learned a lot and be fantastic next season or he may say I can't be arsed with this and take a lesser job at the club or learn his trade at another club. Agendas are fine, but agendas usually backfire.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 16:17]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:27 - Apr 7 with 997 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:32 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

When did I ever say I "hoped" he makes a few million out of his dismissal case or "hoped our club got clobbered"

He should get what he is entitled to under the terms of his contract (or whatever the club are willing to offer if he agrees to settle for such an offer - presumably with a gagging agreement).

I do not want us to have to pay ML millions but if he is entitled to it that is what we must do. It is not ML or me that will be responsible for this. It is the actions of our board which has not sorted this out earlier or with professionalism and I am extremely disappointed that this money has been wasted.

Are you saying if a big organisation cheated a member of your family out of their legal dues under their contract of employment, you would say, too right they should cheat employees to do the best for their shareholders.

If your morals are that it is ok to cheat people to profit the shareholders of SCFC PLC (who IF ML is entitled to compensation would have been because of their actions in the first place) then that is up to you, but from my POV that says more about you than me. But please do not tell me I am not a supporter of SCFC because I am unwilling to cheat people out of our legal dues - most especially when that person has achieved exceptional things for our club.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:29 - Apr 7 with 993 viewsmonmouth

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:08 - Apr 7 by Spratty

"why the Laudrup ego went for the press conference escapes"

Possibly to counter the lies that were being told about him which Huw asked to stop.

Maybe, but all he achieved was make himself look like a pathetic sap, and he did nothing but reignite the rumours. When is Hughton/Mackay/Meulensteen/Jol/Clarke holding his?

Have a look at it again if you don't believe me. Sap, it says, Michael laudrup, you are a sap.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:32 - Apr 7 with 986 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:29 - Apr 7 by monmouth

Maybe, but all he achieved was make himself look like a pathetic sap, and he did nothing but reignite the rumours. When is Hughton/Mackay/Meulensteen/Jol/Clarke holding his?

Have a look at it again if you don't believe me. Sap, it says, Michael laudrup, you are a sap.

You can go on naming sacked managers all night but you've never seen a PC like it in your lifetime.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024