Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... 23:41 - Apr 5 with 20327 viewsGowerjack

I beleive we will be relegated next season.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:33 - Apr 7 with 1228 viewsblaine_scfc

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:27 - Apr 7 by Spratty

When did I ever say I "hoped" he makes a few million out of his dismissal case or "hoped our club got clobbered"

He should get what he is entitled to under the terms of his contract (or whatever the club are willing to offer if he agrees to settle for such an offer - presumably with a gagging agreement).

I do not want us to have to pay ML millions but if he is entitled to it that is what we must do. It is not ML or me that will be responsible for this. It is the actions of our board which has not sorted this out earlier or with professionalism and I am extremely disappointed that this money has been wasted.

Are you saying if a big organisation cheated a member of your family out of their legal dues under their contract of employment, you would say, too right they should cheat employees to do the best for their shareholders.

If your morals are that it is ok to cheat people to profit the shareholders of SCFC PLC (who IF ML is entitled to compensation would have been because of their actions in the first place) then that is up to you, but from my POV that says more about you than me. But please do not tell me I am not a supporter of SCFC because I am unwilling to cheat people out of our legal dues - most especially when that person has achieved exceptional things for our club.

Spot on sir.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:39 - Apr 7 with 1214 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:33 - Apr 7 by blaine_scfc

Spot on sir.

Thank you
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:41 - Apr 7 with 1211 viewsDr_Winston

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:32 - Apr 7 by Darran

You can go on naming sacked managers all night but you've never seen a PC like it in your lifetime.

It was damage limitation. The last thing Laudrup needed on his carefully managed reputation was another sacking. Might put clubs off see.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:44 - Apr 7 with 1206 viewsmonmouth

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:39 - Apr 7 by Spratty

Thank you

So what's your beef? Let the lawyers sort it out. He won't get less than he's entitled to unless he opts for it. On that point, for someone so hard done by he's taking his time isn't he?

Look, the club has done nothing wrong. They are entitled to terminate any contract, paying compensation acceped as a compromise or as set by a tribunal if none can be reached. That's it, like any employer...it's the law. Swansea cannot get out of anything.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:44 - Apr 7 with 1205 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:27 - Apr 7 by Spratty

When did I ever say I "hoped" he makes a few million out of his dismissal case or "hoped our club got clobbered"

He should get what he is entitled to under the terms of his contract (or whatever the club are willing to offer if he agrees to settle for such an offer - presumably with a gagging agreement).

I do not want us to have to pay ML millions but if he is entitled to it that is what we must do. It is not ML or me that will be responsible for this. It is the actions of our board which has not sorted this out earlier or with professionalism and I am extremely disappointed that this money has been wasted.

Are you saying if a big organisation cheated a member of your family out of their legal dues under their contract of employment, you would say, too right they should cheat employees to do the best for their shareholders.

If your morals are that it is ok to cheat people to profit the shareholders of SCFC PLC (who IF ML is entitled to compensation would have been because of their actions in the first place) then that is up to you, but from my POV that says more about you than me. But please do not tell me I am not a supporter of SCFC because I am unwilling to cheat people out of our legal dues - most especially when that person has achieved exceptional things for our club.

You did. In a post above. I quote, "My sincere hope is that fairness prevails." Also in the last paragraph there.

Morals eh? For any questionable act from the board to Laudrup, I dare say we could cite one or two in the opposite direction.

How honourable would it be for an employee to completely ignore phone calls from his boss? What are the morals regarding disappearing for a couple of days after a horrendous defeat when his time and attention should have been totally focused on solving the issues that that defeat highlighted? What sort of person refuses to meet a potential signing seemingly because they don't really care who's part of the squad next season because they won't be around anyway? Hell, what are the morals of a man that will hold a press conference merely to try and blacken the name of Swansea City football club just to gain some cheap PR? And I haven't even mentioned CEPOS .. an organisation he co-founded and has some rather questionable views to say the least. Oh and what about Tutumlu? I could write an essay on this.

The Rt Honourable Michael Laudrup? Don't make me laugh. The man's a shark.

Whether the club have acted appropriately from a moral perspective or are legally liable (they certainly haven't acted illegally) is certainly open to question. However let's not go down the route of saying that Laudrup is the poor, downtrodden victim of a bullying Swans chairman. because you're just going to look silly. And you're certainly going to look silly if you pretend you're a Swans fan who hopes the extremely moral Michael Laudrup gets a few million at the expense of Swansea City football club ... a few million which would come in very handy when we're looking to extend the facilities so that, for example, the club are able to give discount tickets to schoolkids. What's the moral take on depriving children of being able to watch their heroes because your hero feels he's liable for a few quid?

Ah morality in football. So black and white. I hope he doesn't get a penny. I suspect he'll get several million of them, but I hope he doesn't.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 16:46]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:45 - Apr 7 with 1204 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:41 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

It was damage limitation. The last thing Laudrup needed on his carefully managed reputation was another sacking. Might put clubs off see.

Spot on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:57 - Apr 7 with 1183 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:11 - Apr 7 by snork44

Back to the original point 'if we appoint Garry Monk as a full time manager we'll be relegated'! The same question could be asked if we appointed Paul Clement, Marcelo Bielsa or Ronald Koeman? All have their pros and cons, were the same questions asked regarding Martinez,Sousa,Rodgers and Laudrup? Appointing a head coach or Manager is a risk, one of those three could be a mega success or equally be a flop. Garry could have learned a lot and be fantastic next season or he may say I can't be arsed with this and take a lesser job at the club or learn his trade at another club. Agendas are fine, but agendas usually backfire.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 16:17]

1. The OP wasn't a question.
2. Your second sentence isn't a question either, so why put a question mark at the end?
3. The names you mention have considerably more pros than cons in management terms compared to Monk and we weren't in the PL when we appointed Martinez, Sousa or Rodgers.
4. Of course Garry will say he can't be arsed next season and go and manage Newputt County instead. F*ck my eyes.
5. Your last sentence is nonsensical, unless you are confusing agendas with Marinas (of the Morris kind).
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:05 - Apr 7 with 1163 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:44 - Apr 7 by monmouth

So what's your beef? Let the lawyers sort it out. He won't get less than he's entitled to unless he opts for it. On that point, for someone so hard done by he's taking his time isn't he?

Look, the club has done nothing wrong. They are entitled to terminate any contract, paying compensation acceped as a compromise or as set by a tribunal if none can be reached. That's it, like any employer...it's the law. Swansea cannot get out of anything.

Think you are talking to the wrong person. I agree with what you say entirely

Darran brought compo up on page 4 and when I contributed he asked me who I supported. I said I hope fairness prevails, which I most definitely stand by regardless of the rights and wrongs from either side.

I was then seemingly accused of not being a fan and hoping that Laudrup made Millions and Clobbered our club. Which is nonsense. Then Uxbridge went off on one when I questioned the morality of saying a fan would support the club regardless of the rights and wrongs. I most definitely do not agree with wanting to cheat any person out of their rightful dues; most especially when that person has achieved so much for our club

As that seems a perfectly reasonable position perhaps you want to question others on their beef.
Login to get fewer ads

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:22 - Apr 7 with 1141 viewsLeonisGod

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:22 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

Beat me to it.

I'm with Jobbie on this one. Very important appointment coming up.

Dragging this thread back to OP, it is a very important appointment, agreed. But despite us being in the prem for 3 yrs we still don't have the money to compete with others for top proven managers. I can see us trying to unearth another bargain. It's a big risk strategy that one day will inevitably catch us out (might have done so already?) but no way are we going to go toe-to-toe with anyone else for a big name unless he's out of favour/the spotlight (as ML was).
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:27 - Apr 7 with 1128 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:22 - Apr 7 by LeonisGod

Dragging this thread back to OP, it is a very important appointment, agreed. But despite us being in the prem for 3 yrs we still don't have the money to compete with others for top proven managers. I can see us trying to unearth another bargain. It's a big risk strategy that one day will inevitably catch us out (might have done so already?) but no way are we going to go toe-to-toe with anyone else for a big name unless he's out of favour/the spotlight (as ML was).

Utter bollocks.
Just how much do you reckon Bielsa was on at Bilbao or De Boer is at Feyenoord?
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:31 - Apr 7 with 1121 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:27 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Utter bollocks.
Just how much do you reckon Bielsa was on at Bilbao or De Boer is at Feyenoord?

Or Laudrup at Swansea.

Or indeed Monk at Swansea.

The idea that we're the lowest payers in the division is rather flawed. Hell the reason we've got so many Spanish here is because we're paying considerably more than all bar the big 3 over there.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:41 - Apr 7 with 1110 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:05 - Apr 7 by Spratty

Think you are talking to the wrong person. I agree with what you say entirely

Darran brought compo up on page 4 and when I contributed he asked me who I supported. I said I hope fairness prevails, which I most definitely stand by regardless of the rights and wrongs from either side.

I was then seemingly accused of not being a fan and hoping that Laudrup made Millions and Clobbered our club. Which is nonsense. Then Uxbridge went off on one when I questioned the morality of saying a fan would support the club regardless of the rights and wrongs. I most definitely do not agree with wanting to cheat any person out of their rightful dues; most especially when that person has achieved so much for our club

As that seems a perfectly reasonable position perhaps you want to question others on their beef.

You sound like a Scummer on a wind up that's why, you haven't f*cking stopped for 2 months.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:50 - Apr 7 with 1103 viewsItchySphincter

Unbelievable isn't it?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:52 - Apr 7 with 1099 viewssnork44

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:57 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

1. The OP wasn't a question.
2. Your second sentence isn't a question either, so why put a question mark at the end?
3. The names you mention have considerably more pros than cons in management terms compared to Monk and we weren't in the PL when we appointed Martinez, Sousa or Rodgers.
4. Of course Garry will say he can't be arsed next season and go and manage Newputt County instead. F*ck my eyes.
5. Your last sentence is nonsensical, unless you are confusing agendas with Marinas (of the Morris kind).

Ok the original statement then! The three names I put forward could be a success or abject failures that is the rick you take appointing someone new! You are correct in saying we weren't in the Premier league when we appointed those three, but the same risks apply especially in Martinez's appointment as like Monk, he had no experience of management! As for Monk there are two questions to be asked 1: Does he want the job? 2: Will he have time to complete his coaching certificates ? As for the last point what I mean is the people with the agenda of wanting Monk not to have the job may end up with an abject failure in charge of the team.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:55 - Apr 7 with 1096 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:50 - Apr 7 by ItchySphincter

Unbelievable isn't it?

Extremely odd he's saying the same things today as he was saying in the first few days of Laudrups sacking.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:58 - Apr 7 with 1085 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:41 - Apr 7 by Darran

You sound like a Scummer on a wind up that's why, you haven't f*cking stopped for 2 months.

It's called morality Darran - perhaps an alien concept

All I do is respond to others comments - if it was a windup it would be world class

Sorry it is just Spratty - Huw has been beyond exceptional for this club but we need to behave professionally and with fairness.

If you don't like it ban me - no difference to me I won't be cashing in the season tickets
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:02 - Apr 7 with 1075 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:58 - Apr 7 by Spratty

It's called morality Darran - perhaps an alien concept

All I do is respond to others comments - if it was a windup it would be world class

Sorry it is just Spratty - Huw has been beyond exceptional for this club but we need to behave professionally and with fairness.

If you don't like it ban me - no difference to me I won't be cashing in the season tickets

It's a FACT and just about everyone can see it,we support Swansea City you support Michael Laudrup.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:07 - Apr 7 with 1067 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:52 - Apr 7 by snork44

Ok the original statement then! The three names I put forward could be a success or abject failures that is the rick you take appointing someone new! You are correct in saying we weren't in the Premier league when we appointed those three, but the same risks apply especially in Martinez's appointment as like Monk, he had no experience of management! As for Monk there are two questions to be asked 1: Does he want the job? 2: Will he have time to complete his coaching certificates ? As for the last point what I mean is the people with the agenda of wanting Monk not to have the job may end up with an abject failure in charge of the team.

The risk is magnified. Massively.

Does Monk want the job? Are you serious?

I still don't get your last point - the only "agenda" most people have is wanting the best available man for the job. Who we end up with is out of the hands of the fans anyway.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:13 - Apr 7 with 1058 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:02 - Apr 7 by Darran

It's a FACT and just about everyone can see it,we support Swansea City you support Michael Laudrup.

I don't think you have it quite right Darren, I think it should be
"you support MICHAEL LAUDRUP and swansea city", because I am sure he is an SCFC fan, but his first love is ML.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:25 - Apr 7 with 1037 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:02 - Apr 7 by Darran

Why is it so important to you Darran to dictate what makes a supporter. Or the fact I don't care what you and "just about everybody" in our virtual world thinks.

I go to the vast majority of games home and away

I always get behind the team most especially if they are not winning

I am passionate about us doing well, playing well and being a decent club

works for me - puts money in the clubs coffers - am I going to change my moral standards to be seen as your vision of a "true Jack"
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:25 - Apr 7 with 1038 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:13 - Apr 7 by A_Fans_Dad

I don't think you have it quite right Darren, I think it should be
"you support MICHAEL LAUDRUP and swansea city", because I am sure he is an SCFC fan, but his first love is ML.

Fair point it is very strange though.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:45 - Apr 7 with 1007 viewsVetchitBack

To go back to the OP I actually think Monk will be less of a risk.

My general thrust has always been we owe it to Monk to give him a chance but he's been neither as spectacular as his first couple of games portended or as bad as some on here were and still are willing him to be.

I think someone new could either be great or disastrous. I don't think Monk would take us down but I don't feel he could potentially be as brilliant as someone new.

I still think he's a safe choice but again I think we should see how he does till end of season and then decide.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:47 - Apr 7 with 1003 viewsblaine_scfc

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:45 - Apr 7 by VetchitBack

My general thrust has always been we owe it to Monk to give him a chance but he's been neither as spectacular as his first couple of games portended or as bad as some on here were and still are willing him to be.

I think someone new could either be great or disastrous. I don't think Monk would take us down but I don't feel he could potentially be as brilliant as someone new.

I still think he's a safe choice but again I think we should see how he does till end of season and then decide.

You of course are entitled to your opinion, but how do we owe it to Monk? He was a great servant to us on the field, that block at Wembley will live long in to the memory, but he had made no impact as manager whatsoever, results show that.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:52 - Apr 7 with 992 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:45 - Apr 7 by VetchitBack

"We owe it to Monk?" - I'm f*cking speechless.

Safe choice? Compared to Coco The F*cking Clown I suppose he is.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 18:58 - Apr 7 with 970 viewsexiledclaseboy

How long can we keep having the "Poor Laudrup" debate for? F*ck me pink, he's gone, get the f*ck over it. I didn't agree with the sacking at the time but what exactly is the point of continually going over the same old thing? He's no longer Swansea City manager, we are all (at least ostensibly) Swansea City fans. Why are some so hung up on how he was treated when none of us knows the facts? I can understand the Danes being narked and as predicted most of them have f*cked off now anyway but the rest of you? Get the f*ck over it.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024