Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... 23:41 - Apr 5 with 20328 viewsGowerjack

I beleive we will be relegated next season.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 22:47 - Apr 21 with 2060 viewsC_jack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:09 - Apr 7 by VetchitBack

By the end of the season he'll have significantly more experience at managing Swansea City than any other candidate.

It would be wise to wait and see what that finish looks first and to also consider what we should expect from a squad like ours?

I just can't get my head around the "anyone but Monk and we'll be flying attitude" because it is not logical.

Congrats for having fans by the way

F**k, you're a few plums short of a fruit pie aye.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 22:52 - Apr 21 with 2041 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:03 - Apr 7 by Jokeren1943

What is the point of having ideals if you crap on them, if it do not suit your courses.

How idealistic and honourable was Laudrup then?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:29 - Apr 22 with 1943 viewsperchrockjack

Think we need a new broom as it does seem there are deep divisionsso it would seem Monk is doing an incredible job behind the scenes. BEAR IN MIND THE EGOS OF MODERN DAY PLAYERS.

Ideally I d like to see a hard no nonsense new manager with Monk as his number 2 but tat could be a problem as new managers will want to bring in their backroom staff.
A very difficult board decision.
If Monk gets it I d be contented enough but I can see him binning at least 5/6 players which would be fine if better were brought in. Im not sure Monk has the contacts.
First name of my wish list Robert Snodgrass and we then need a chum for Wilf

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:09 - Apr 22 with 1914 viewsJackSomething

I see the perfectly decent but in no way brilliant Robert Snodgrass is this summer's choice for 'player we should absolutely definitely sign'.

I look forward to people suggesting we sign him for the next 3 years at least. I call it the Jefferson Montero effect.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:32 - Apr 22 with 1895 viewsperchrockjack

Impressive stuff .
I wont be tempted into asking your opinions. This was meant as a bit of fun but now its starting to smell so for that reason Im off

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:04 - Apr 22 with 1872 viewsVetchitBack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 22:47 - Apr 21 by C_jack

F**k, you're a few plums short of a fruit pie aye.

Instead of auditioning to be Warwick's assistant try telling me what's wrong with waiting till the end of the season to make a decision?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 12:05]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:00 - Apr 22 with 1820 viewsC_jack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:04 - Apr 22 by VetchitBack

Instead of auditioning to be Warwick's assistant try telling me what's wrong with waiting till the end of the season to make a decision?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 12:05]

Eh, I was referring to the 'significant experience of managing Swansea City' brain-fart statement really. Going by your formula, Toshack is odds on favourite to get the gig.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:07 - Apr 22 with 1811 viewsmonmouth

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:09 - Apr 22 by JackSomething

I see the perfectly decent but in no way brilliant Robert Snodgrass is this summer's choice for 'player we should absolutely definitely sign'.

I look forward to people suggesting we sign him for the next 3 years at least. I call it the Jefferson Montero effect.

I call it the Arsepas syndrome. Goalkeeper, rightback and JDG needed. Also is Michu in, out or ferked. Snotgrass can go back to the championship and be a cowardly over the top merchant there.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:29 - Apr 22 with 1791 viewsItchySphincter

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:07 - Apr 22 by monmouth

I call it the Arsepas syndrome. Goalkeeper, rightback and JDG needed. Also is Michu in, out or ferked. Snotgrass can go back to the championship and be a cowardly over the top merchant there.

Couldn't have put it any better.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:53 - Apr 22 with 1762 viewsJackSomething

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:07 - Apr 22 by monmouth

I believe we are on the same page.

I'd add backup striker to the list. In an ideal world, a promising young (or experienced foreign signing) winger would also be lovely.

I get the feeling the Michu question is the big one though. If we do have to sell because he doesn't want to be here or because of chronic injury problems, what would we get for him now? I hope it's all down to nagging injuries and he comes back firing next season, but I'm struggling to see it happening.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 16:43 - Apr 22 with 1709 viewsStarsky

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:32 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Impressive stuff .
I wont be tempted into asking your opinions. This was meant as a bit of fun but now its starting to smell so for that reason Im off

Don't be so sensitive ffs.

It's just the internet, init.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:27 - Apr 22 with 1658 viewssully49

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 00:40 - Apr 6 by Liberty

Back to op, I have to agree.

Someone earlier pointed out that at least 10 players on our books could leave and not be missed, so new recruitment will be crucial.

Starting 11 look fine, but a bit more strength in depth needed.

if we were relegated Garry Monk would be team manager, as we are almost, get out of jail free, watch this space.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 15:03 - Jun 3 with 1522 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:10 - Apr 7 by Spratty

My sincere hope is that fairness prevails.

If our board have got us in such a situation I would not want anyone shafted let alone someone who had achieved so much for the club it would be abhorrent.

If ML has done something terrible (more than as declared from the outset, want to manage without interference) then I hope he gets nothing. In fact if I truly felt he had done something to deliberately harm our club (besides get his fair dues) I would applaud Huw for having the courage to kick his famous ass up the road. Unfortunately to me the facts are far from erring on this side. Even then there must be questions on the nature of allowing us to get to this point and the execution of the dismissal. I would also take a similar view on any action by the Board or Players that was borne out of self interest / ego / other such agenda or incompetence.

and here is the evidence from page 5
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 15:06 - Jun 3 with 1506 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:29 - Apr 7 by Spratty

So you are saying the board have shafted him, given those are the circumstances my support goes to Laudrup

And here's more evidence further along page five.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:49 - Jun 20 with 1191 viewsSpratty

See 2nd post on the 5th page of this thread

Darran: Who do you hope wins Swansea City or Michael Laudruo?

Spratty: My sincere hope is that fairness prevails.

If our board have got us in such a situation I would not want anyone shafted let alone someone who had achieved so much for the club it would be abhorrent.

If ML has done something terrible (more than as declared from the outset, want to manage without interference) then I hope he gets nothing. In fact if I truly felt he had done something to deliberately harm our club (besides get his fair dues) I would applaud Huw for having the courage to kick his famous ass up the road. Unfortunately to me the facts are far from erring on this side. Even then there must be questions on the nature of allowing us to get to this point and the execution of the dismissal. I would also take a similar view on any action by the Board or Players that was borne out of self interest / ego / other such agenda or incompetence.

Darran: As I thought Laudrup.

Spratty: So you are saying the board have shafted him, given those are the circumstances my support goes to Laudrup

Uxbridge: It doesn't tally that you can be a Swansea City fan and hope Laudrup makes a few million out of his dismissal case.

I may have reservations about the manner of his sacking and the succession planning, but as a Swans fan I hope he gets diddly squat.

Uxbridge: I can get the point of view that they think Laudrup's been treated shabbily, which seems to be the general thrust of his arguments to date. To a degree I'd probably agree. But to hope the club get clobbered? Pfft. Different kettle entirely.

Spratty: When did I ever say I "hoped" he makes a few million out of his dismissal case or "hoped our club got clobbered"

He should get what he is entitled to under the terms of his contract (or whatever the club are willing to offer if he agrees to settle for such an offer - presumably with a gagging agreement).

I do not want us to have to pay ML millions but if he is entitled to it that is what we must do. It is not ML or me that will be responsible for this. It is the actions of our board which has not sorted this out earlier or with professionalism and I am extremely disappointed that this money has been wasted.

Are you saying if a big organisation cheated a member of your family out of their legal dues under their contract of employment, you would say, too right they should cheat employees to do the best for their shareholders.

If your morals are that it is ok to cheat people to profit the shareholders of SCFC PLC (who IF ML is entitled to compensation would have been because of their actions in the first place) then that is up to you, but from my POV that says more about you than me. But please do not tell me I am not a supporter of SCFC because I am unwilling to cheat people out of our legal dues - most especially when that person has achieved exceptional things for our club.

Uxbridge: You did. In a post above. I quote, "My sincere hope is that fairness prevails." Also in the last paragraph there. (Sprattys note !!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Post continues in rant about Laudrup
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:51 - Jun 20 with 1187 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:49 - Jun 20 by Spratty

See 2nd post on the 5th page of this thread

Darran: Who do you hope wins Swansea City or Michael Laudruo?

Spratty: My sincere hope is that fairness prevails.

Darran: As I thought Laudrup.

Spratty: So you are saying the board have shafted him, given those are the circumstances my support goes to Laudrup

Uxbridge: It doesn't tally that you can be a Swansea City fan and hope Laudrup makes a few million out of his dismissal case.

I may have reservations about the manner of his sacking and the succession planning, but as a Swans fan I hope he gets diddly squat.

Uxbridge: I can get the point of view that they think Laudrup's been treated shabbily, which seems to be the general thrust of his arguments to date. To a degree I'd probably agree. But to hope the club get clobbered? Pfft. Different kettle entirely.

Spratty: When did I ever say I "hoped" he makes a few million out of his dismissal case or "hoped our club got clobbered"

He should get what he is entitled to under the terms of his contract (or whatever the club are willing to offer if he agrees to settle for such an offer - presumably with a gagging agreement).

I do not want us to have to pay ML millions but if he is entitled to it that is what we must do. It is not ML or me that will be responsible for this. It is the actions of our board which has not sorted this out earlier or with professionalism and I am extremely disappointed that this money has been wasted.

Are you saying if a big organisation cheated a member of your family out of their legal dues under their contract of employment, you would say, too right they should cheat employees to do the best for their shareholders.

If your morals are that it is ok to cheat people to profit the shareholders of SCFC PLC (who IF ML is entitled to compensation would have been because of their actions in the first place) then that is up to you, but from my POV that says more about you than me. But please do not tell me I am not a supporter of SCFC because I am unwilling to cheat people out of our legal dues - most especially when that person has achieved exceptional things for our club.

Uxbridge: You did. In a post above. I quote, "My sincere hope is that fairness prevails." Also in the last paragraph there. (Sprattys note !!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Post continues in rant about Laudrup

Aye you didn't hope he gets a few million you just wanted him to win if he was done over.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:26 - Jun 20 with 1137 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:51 - Jun 20 by Darran

Aye you didn't hope he gets a few million you just wanted him to win if he was done over.

Never mentioned win - try again
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:31 - Jun 20 with 1130 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:26 - Jun 20 by Spratty

Never mentioned win - try again

So when you say your support was with Laudrup what exactly did you mean then?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:48 - Jun 20 with 1102 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:31 - Jun 20 by Darran

So when you say your support was with Laudrup what exactly did you mean then?

Nope didn't say that - try again
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 15:11 - Jun 20 with 1075 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:48 - Jun 20 by Spratty

Nope didn't say that - try again

So you didn't say your support was with Mikey if he'd been shafted?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:42 - Feb 28 with 801 viewsNeathJack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:45 - Feb 28 with 790 viewsDarran

Oh dear and the OP spoke so eloquently on the radio last week too.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:52 - Feb 28 with 761 viewsraynor94

just love the usual suspects on page one, monk's success has pricked a few balloons on here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:07 - Feb 28 with 736 viewsStarsky

There'll be on unity no here with you lot.

Point scoring again
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 20:21]

It's just the internet, init.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:20 - Feb 28 with 720 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:45 - Feb 28 by Darran

Oh dear and the OP spoke so eloquently on the radio last week too.

He must be thick as pig shit

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024