Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... 23:41 - Apr 5 with 20325 viewsGowerjack

I beleive we will be relegated next season.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:22 - Feb 28 with 1282 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:15 - Apr 6 by QuakerJack

On the OP. I agree, it would be criminal to give him the job full time.

I'm liking Rossler more and more. If wigwam don't go up I'd go get him. I have a horrible feeling Monk will be manager next season, to allow Huw to have greater influence behind the scenes.

Lol

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:23 - Feb 28 with 1274 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 17:49 - Apr 6 by Starsky

Rossler's the first name on my lips too.
It would be great to turn the tables on Dave Whelan

Lol.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:24 - Feb 28 with 1270 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:16 - Apr 6 by AngelRangelQS

I agree with the op.

He's done okay so far but I would hardly be confident going into next season with him in charge.

That said, I do think the squad needs a major overhaul

Lol

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:25 - Feb 28 with 1265 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:35 - Apr 6 by Gowerjack

Clement for me as well.

I like and admire Monk but we are playing with the big boys now.
What worked in League 1 won't wash now.

Imagine we appoint Monk but his win ratio stays as it is now.

We'd be in a relegation battle by October with loads on here baying for his blood.

Is that what we want?

A big LOL.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:25 - Feb 28 with 1274 viewsJackfath

Gowerjack very anti Monk on this thread.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:26 - Feb 28 with 1261 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:23 - Apr 6 by Gowerjack

In which case we are in for a very very long and difficult season.

Lol

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:28 - Feb 28 with 1249 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:22 - Apr 7 by costalotta

GM should not be given the job next season. That's no reflection on him right now it's just clear he is not ready. The reasons why....

1. No experience in management let alone in the EPL.
2. He's too close to the current group of players and will not be able to get the best out of them
3. He dropping too many points. We've been out of Europe for weeks now and our points per game hasn't improve from what it was before. So if anything we've gone backwards under him.
4. Some decent performances... But then we loose them games. Basically he's not street wise and his subs leave a lot to be desired.
5. Strange team selections... Michu over Pablo, Davies over Taylor? Plus others... In a way Saturday was as bad if not worse that the west ham game that saw ML loose his job. We've had too many very poor performances under monk.
6. Substitutions that only seem to change a game not in our favour. Except his first game cardiff, Pablo changed that. But looking back maybe he got lucky.
7. Too close to the board. The board and manager don't need to be best of friends. Respect and friendly of course. But a manager should be able to get on with his job without board interference. I'm saying this is the case right now but... Thee are those who are suggesting he is a board puppet.

I've no doubt that when GM gets the experience, does his time as it were and goes through the necessary learning curves he will be A good manager, possibly a very good manager. But we are a EPL club and we shouldn't be risking our status on his appointment in the long term at this moment in time.

Lol.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:28 - Feb 28 with 1253 viewsymaohyd

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:26 - Feb 28 by dgt73

Lol

You are my new favourite poster

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:29 - Feb 28 with 1240 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:39 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

Some good performances in defeat, some f*cking woeful ones in defeat and two comfortable wins against possibly the worst two teams to come here all season. No, it's not been stellar.

It just seems like it would be a completely unnecessary gamble that wouldn't do anyone any favours, ourselves or Monk. It might pay off, but do we need to take the risk just for the chance to be proven right?

Lol

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:33 - Feb 28 with 1231 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:06 - Apr 6 by NeiltheTaylor

Huw shot his bolt too early over Monk. If he'd have taken his time, had Monk retire, coach, do his badges, he might have been able to get the 'boot room' philosophy together.

Now he can't replace him as head coach without Monk leaving or doing his usual undermining the new manager trick.

Lol

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:33 - Feb 28 with 1238 viewsDr_Winston

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:29 - Feb 28 by dgt73

Lol

What bit about that wasn't true?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:36 - Feb 28 with 1211 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:33 - Feb 28 by Dr_Winston

What bit about that wasn't true?

Lol.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:37 - Feb 28 with 1214 viewsperchrockjack

Football makes tits out of all

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:38 - Feb 28 with 1203 viewsTom1912

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:37 - Feb 28 by perchrockjack

Some more than others
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:39 - Feb 28 with 1192 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:37 - Feb 28 by perchrockjack

Almost all...................

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:41 - Feb 28 with 1179 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:07 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

Not at all. Monk wouldn't be my choice but I think he'll get it regardless.

Lol

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:42 - Feb 28 with 1174 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:41 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Very perceptive, Mon.

Seriously though, how the f*ck could someone with zero coaching or management experience be a "safe choice" for a PL team?

Lol.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:49 - Feb 28 with 1172 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 00:40 - Apr 6 by Liberty

Back to op, I have to agree.

Someone earlier pointed out that at least 10 players on our books could leave and not be missed, so new recruitment will be crucial.

Starting 11 look fine, but a bit more strength in depth needed.

Thick tw*t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:49 - Feb 28 with 1172 viewsLeonisGod

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 19:46 - Apr 6 by Phil_S

No but personally I wouldn't have given him the job in the first place either

Ok, I think a point has been made by revisiting this thread, and what the hell I'll join in. I did suggest they wouldn't splash the cash on a big name for the next manager appointment, but was told I was talking bollocks .

But the big question here is do we want a clueless buffoon like this representing us on the Trust?
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:58 - Feb 28 with 1151 viewsTummer_from_Texas

But...but...if you don't count August and February, we suck this season.

OK I wasn't around here in April so I shouldn't talk, but these threads are hilarious!

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 01:40 - Mar 1 with 1051 viewsNeiltheTaylor

In what way did my post not make sense even now?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 01:54 - Mar 1 with 1043 viewsZut_Alors

Nothing wrong with making predictions — forum would be far worse for it if people kept them to themselves. What is interesting, though, is seeing those same names popping up again and again with the anti-monk styff when we have a bad game.

I'm not referring to GowerJack, but more of a general observation.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 1:58]
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 02:23 - Mar 1 with 1030 viewsTNT

No wonder the forum is so quiet.

So many eating humble pie.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 06:38 - Mar 1 with 995 viewsDr_Winston

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 01:40 - Mar 1 by NeiltheTaylor

In what way did my post not make sense even now?

He won't have an answer to that. He rarely does.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:39 - Mar 1 with 927 viewsQuakerJack

Quakerjack "it would be criminal to give Monk the full time job".

sorry Dgt, I'll correct that. I meant to say:

"It would be criminal to give Dgt a job"

nine pages of you and the usual other twunts on here saying feck all then coming back a year later to gloat... not a single post from you back then unless I've missed it... unless you were proved right, don't come on to prove others wrong because you probably thought the same. Unless you can prove me wrong and quote yourself on this thread back then and I'll hold my hands up? Darran was way off with your age, more like 5.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024