Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Europe 17:44 - Apr 15 with 8505 viewssully49

I believe one of the main reasons, for this situation we are currently in, Is us playing in Europe. Our squad was very short in depth, and quality, for us to rotate, consequently our season suffered greatly. I'm not against Europe but it hasn't done us any favors at all. It was at the wrong for us.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Europe on 17:15 - Apr 20 with 800 viewsDrizzy

Europe on 17:09 - Apr 20 by Phil_S

So the point then is not to qualify? I dont get it

Stop twisting my words. The point is that the enjoyment of the European campaign is going to cause a more miserable league campaign for a club like ours. You have to invest heavily in a lot of talent and manage your players effectively to avoid a decline and potential disaster. I don't think we did either of those things well enough this season thus leading to our position in the thick of a relegation battle.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Europe on 17:19 - Apr 20 with 784 viewsPhil_S

Europe on 17:15 - Apr 20 by Drizzy

Stop twisting my words. The point is that the enjoyment of the European campaign is going to cause a more miserable league campaign for a club like ours. You have to invest heavily in a lot of talent and manage your players effectively to avoid a decline and potential disaster. I don't think we did either of those things well enough this season thus leading to our position in the thick of a relegation battle.

Welcome to last July when most people knew the squad wasnt good enough to compete effectively on both fronts but good enough to stay in the league and have a decent enough run in Europe.

Would you rather a season like this one or one where we end 10th and dont have cup runs?
Europe on 17:21 - Apr 20 with 778 viewsC_jack

Europe on 17:08 - Apr 20 by Drizzy

Almost every single team in Premier League history has finished lower whilst in the Europa League compared to the season before.

It had a significant negative effect on us this year.

Again, your stats are twisted and your statement is loaded.

How likely were teams that qualified through the league on merit, such as Ipswich/Bolton off the top of my head, and even Newcastle a few seasons ago, ever likely to finish higher than around 5-7th? Everton had a strong representation in the competition for a number of years, and they hardly finished lower in the league, consistently around 5-6th place.

Teams that qualify through cup competitions, how often do they finish in a higher place the next season regardless? Stoke are a perennial mid table team, and have bounced between 10th and 14th in their time in the league, are they ever guaranteed to finish higher in the league, regardless?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 17:22]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Europe on 18:35 - Apr 20 with 733 viewsStarsky

Europe on 16:19 - Apr 20 by shingle

Ok Mr Jobsworth 5 instead of 6 still one less and and no matter what spin you put on it could we not get passed the last 32, of a second tier cup, and in the process made fcuk all out of it, apart from away trip memories of course,which you could have had even if we had left our better players at home.

Why do you care if we "made f%ck all out of it"? Are you a football fan or an accountant?
We make more than enough from the Premier league to fund the other cup adventures in the season.
Do you think that some of the ;players we signed were attracted by the opportunity to play in Europe?

It's just the internet, init.

Europe on 08:08 - Apr 21 with 680 viewsshingle

Europe on 18:35 - Apr 20 by Starsky

Why do you care if we "made f%ck all out of it"? Are you a football fan or an accountant?
We make more than enough from the Premier league to fund the other cup adventures in the season.
Do you think that some of the ;players we signed were attracted by the opportunity to play in Europe?

Best not risk our Prem status then, as you say we make more than enough from the Prem so let`s stay there at all costs, dear me.
Europe on 08:11 - Apr 21 with 678 viewsUxbridge

Europe on 08:08 - Apr 21 by shingle

Best not risk our Prem status then, as you say we make more than enough from the Prem so let`s stay there at all costs, dear me.

Yay. Money!

Cos that's what being a football fan should be all about. Lovely, lovely money.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Europe on 08:18 - Apr 21 with 669 viewsshingle

Europe on 16:24 - Apr 20 by Phil_S

Calm down dear there is no need to get so angry in response it wont help your blood pressure

So we should deny the players who made it all possible the chance to test themselves in Europe just to keep your dream of mid table safety alive which we will achieve anyway

Of course a stronger squad would have been nicer - as I said earlier most of us said that back in the summer - but we grasped the opportunity we had with both hands and made the most of it and lets hope we can do it all over again and very soon

No matter what the random americans think

Here we go we now have a middle aged old git who probably who has not had his Cholesterol or blood pressure checked in years worrying about a youngsters blood pressure you need to stop spending all your time on here and get out and do some exercise.
Europe on 08:21 - Apr 21 with 667 viewsUxbridge

Europe on 08:18 - Apr 21 by shingle

Here we go we now have a middle aged old git who probably who has not had his Cholesterol or blood pressure checked in years worrying about a youngsters blood pressure you need to stop spending all your time on here and get out and do some exercise.

You saw that picture of the nachos as well eh.

Login to get fewer ads

Europe on 08:22 - Apr 21 with 667 viewsshingle

Europe on 08:11 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

Yay. Money!

Cos that's what being a football fan should be all about. Lovely, lovely money.

Fcuk i, we `ll be able to buy more players, and build training grounds and make sure everything is payed for etc with that lovely money.
Europe on 08:23 - Apr 21 with 664 viewsUxbridge

Europe on 08:22 - Apr 21 by shingle

Fcuk i, we `ll be able to buy more players, and build training grounds and make sure everything is payed for etc with that lovely money.

They could put a picture of the bank balance in the trophy cabinet. That'd be cool.

Europe on 08:56 - Apr 21 with 649 viewsshingle

Europe on 08:23 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

They could put a picture of the bank balance in the trophy cabinet. That'd be cool.

Naa that would be big headed.
Europe on 09:15 - Apr 21 with 640 viewsshingle

Just realized what an arsehole licker this Starsky guy is, get your tongue out of certain posters backside`s you cringe worthy knob, yuk.
Europe on 09:47 - Apr 21 with 625 viewsdgt73

Europe on 19:24 - Apr 15 by Drizzy

It certainly had an effect and you'd be ignorant to think otherwise. It affected Newcastle, it affected Stoke and it affected us. Certainly not the main reason for our poor form but it was definitely a significant contributor.

P*ssing myself going back to the threads before the season when we thought it wouldn't affect us. Complete and utter arrogance that's been quite a recurring theme with this club recently.

I was one of those who thought it wouldn't effect our league form, but I was wrong, because it has. Its ok if you got a £20 million player to replace another £20 million player like the likes of Chelsea or man city have and it may be a contradiction because we all want swansea to be successful, but thank fuk were not in Europe next season.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 9:49]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Europe on 09:55 - Apr 21 with 608 viewsStarsky

Europe on 09:15 - Apr 21 by shingle

Just realized what an arsehole licker this Starsky guy is, get your tongue out of certain posters backside`s you cringe worthy knob, yuk.

Less of the abuse please. When you finally realise what being a football fan is all about then get back to me.
What a beaut you turned out to be.

Europe on 09:59 - Apr 21 with 605 viewsdgt73

Europe on 17:19 - Apr 20 by Phil_S

Welcome to last July when most people knew the squad wasnt good enough to compete effectively on both fronts but good enough to stay in the league and have a decent enough run in Europe.

Would you rather a season like this one or one where we end 10th and dont have cup runs?

Great thread. For the swans to keep on progressing on and off the field, we must remain in the premiership end of, and at this stage of the clubs evolution Europe is imo a step to far

Europe on 10:02 - Apr 21 with 597 viewsStarsky

Europe on 09:59 - Apr 21 by dgt73

Great thread. For the swans to keep on progressing on and off the field, we must remain in the premiership end of, and at this stage of the clubs evolution Europe is imo a step to far

I remember when folk on here said we weren't ready for the Premier league

Europe on 10:13 - Apr 21 with 584 viewsdgt73

Europe on 10:02 - Apr 21 by Starsky

I remember when folk on here said we weren't ready for the Premier league

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. It just people's opinions.

Europe on 10:26 - Apr 21 with 573 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Europe on 17:09 - Apr 20 by Phil_S

So the point then is not to qualify? I dont get it

No, you don't get it do you.
Every place lost in the Prem is a million less to spend on better players until you do have a Squad that CAN compete in the big matches and Cups.
We didn't even have a full squad, let alone a full squad of really good players when we competed in Europe.
Domestic Cups are OK because of less traveling and are every year anyway,.
You guys just need an excuse to travel abroad with your mates for a quick euro break.
Europe on 11:06 - Apr 21 with 551 viewsshingle

Europe on 09:55 - Apr 21 by Starsky

Less of the abuse please. When you finally realise what being a football fan is all about then get back to me.
What a beaut you turned out to be.

But how can i get back to you, you are to thick to get any advice off, you believe being in Europe and playing our strongest team in every game is no risk to us losing our Prem status, you believe it has to affect on our form in the league, your a guy who really does not mind us going down as long as you have good memories of us having a few games in another country, you are an idiot, now go and put your tongue back up you know who`s backside.
Europe on 11:20 - Apr 21 with 546 viewsshingle

Europe on 10:26 - Apr 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Every place lost in the Prem is a million less to spend on better players until you do have a Squad that CAN compete in the big matches and Cups.
We didn't even have a full squad, let alone a full squad of really good players when we competed in Europe.
You guys just need an excuse to travel abroad with your mates for a quick euro break.

Pointless trying to explain this to these muppets, we have got to the Prem and for two seasons done a good job of comfortably staying there, now these headers think we can take on Europe and play our strongest team in every game, some even think we had a chance of winning as well, lol when realistically they should just thankful we are where we are, and the best we can hope for in the future is holding our own, unless some Russian billionaire comes in and buy`s us so we can afford to go out and buy a massive squad full of world class players, then we would have a chance to compete in European cups as well as the league.
Europe on 11:37 - Apr 21 with 529 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Europe on 11:20 - Apr 21 by shingle

Pointless trying to explain this to these muppets, we have got to the Prem and for two seasons done a good job of comfortably staying there, now these headers think we can take on Europe and play our strongest team in every game, some even think we had a chance of winning as well, lol when realistically they should just thankful we are where we are, and the best we can hope for in the future is holding our own, unless some Russian billionaire comes in and buy`s us so we can afford to go out and buy a massive squad full of world class players, then we would have a chance to compete in European cups as well as the league.

I think as long as the Sky/BT Sport millions keep rolling in we stand a good chance of building up the squad to compete with the best.
We may not compete on money spent but on the football played, we are not that far behind them now.
They have wasted a lot of the cash they have pent, those big price tags haven't necessarily brought big results.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 11:42]
Europe on 11:39 - Apr 21 with 528 viewsPhil_S

Europe on 08:18 - Apr 21 by shingle

And there is the best response you can come back with, you need to work more on your WUM merchant status as it doesn't work very well

Thanks though for the enquiry about my health the medical checks get carried out every year as part of my job so you can sleep easy knowing that I am in good hands now.

Your argument has more holes in it than Cardiff's defence and yet you carry on sailing along your mission. The squad wasnt good enough to compete effectively on all levels but good enough to ensure a very good account of ourselves was given and secure safety with almost 10% of the season to go. We got probably as far as we expected to which was no mean achievement and secured Premier League safety for another season. And yet you wouldnt want us to do it again or at least play the reserves/kids if we do? Bonkers.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Europe on 11:42 - Apr 21 with 522 viewsPhil_S

Europe on 10:26 - Apr 21 by A_Fans_Dad

And if only that million pound actually went into the transfer kitty it would be all worth it as well

But by the time it has paid out extra bonuses to the players it doesnt work like that at all.

Nobody has disputed the fact that we didnt have a full squad of quality players but to advocate playing the reserves and deliberately throwing away the chance seems idiotic.

As Uxbridge said lets put a picture of the bank balance in the trophy cabinet and we could have had Lee Trundle visiting the schools with a bank statement rather than the trophy picking up new fans along the way. It's much more sense that way.

Europe on 11:43 - Apr 21 with 518 viewsPhil_S

Europe on 08:21 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

You saw that picture of the nachos as well eh.

Nice they were too!!
Europe on 12:26 - Apr 21 with 485 viewsdgt73

Europe on 11:42 - Apr 21 by Phil_S

And if only that million pound actually went into the transfer kitty it would be all worth it as well

But by the time it has paid out extra bonuses to the players it doesnt work like that at all.

Nobody has disputed the fact that we didnt have a full squad of quality players but to advocate playing the reserves and deliberately throwing away the chance seems idiotic.

As Uxbridge said lets put a picture of the bank balance in the trophy cabinet and we could have had Lee Trundle visiting the schools with a bank statement rather than the trophy picking up new fans along the way. It's much more sense that way.

Aye and we could all reminisce of our European adventures on the coach to Barnsley too.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 13:02]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024