Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Parking tickets 00:23 - Apr 17 with 554 viewsLiberty

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/City-UK-s-ticket-hotspots/story-20963967

This is crazy. Probably lower than average income in Swansea, so fines have bigger impact.

Must be partly down to excessive parking costs / dodgy parking notices.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Car Parking tickets on 15:48 - Apr 17 with 409 viewscontroversial_jack

It's time people stood up on mass to this unlawful extortion and told them where to stick their demands
Car Parking tickets on 16:06 - Apr 17 with 389 viewsJackfath

Er...don't park illegally, you wont get a ticket.

Perhaps the average person in Swansea is less intelligent than in other cities and thinks they can park where they like?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Car Parking tickets on 16:20 - Apr 17 with 369 viewscontroversial_jack

Car Parking tickets on 16:06 - Apr 17 by Jackfath

Er...don't park illegally, you wont get a ticket.

Perhaps the average person in Swansea is less intelligent than in other cities and thinks they can park where they like?

what determines legal parking?
Car Parking tickets on 16:36 - Apr 17 with 361 viewsJackfath

Car Parking tickets on 16:20 - Apr 17 by controversial_jack

what determines legal parking?

Those yellow line thingies on the edge of the pavement. Signs which, as drivers we should all be au fait with but evidently are not. They are there in the Highway code, which as a driver you are supposedly legally to keep up to date with.

Hope this helps.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Car Parking tickets on 16:41 - Apr 17 with 357 viewscontroversial_jack

Car Parking tickets on 16:36 - Apr 17 by Jackfath

Those yellow line thingies on the edge of the pavement. Signs which, as drivers we should all be au fait with but evidently are not. They are there in the Highway code, which as a driver you are supposedly legally to keep up to date with.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, I confused a code with a law, maybe you could explain the difference to me?
Car Parking tickets on 16:44 - Apr 17 with 349 viewsJackfath

Car Parking tickets on 16:41 - Apr 17 by controversial_jack

Sorry, I confused a code with a law, maybe you could explain the difference to me?

No need to apologise.

Not sure why you need to know the difference here. Clearly, if you choose to park in a spot deemed to be illegal by the authorites (the police or the local authority) you can expect to get a parking ticket. This will in turn mean you'll have to pay a fine.

I think it's pretty black and white? If it's not, can you explain to me, and I will then happily admit I am thicko.

Car Parking tickets on 16:54 - Apr 17 with 334 viewscontroversial_jack

Car Parking tickets on 16:44 - Apr 17 by Jackfath

No need to apologise.

Not sure why you need to know the difference here. Clearly, if you choose to park in a spot deemed to be illegal by the authorites (the police or the local authority) you can expect to get a parking ticket. This will in turn mean you'll have to pay a fine.

I think it's pretty black and white? If it's not, can you explain to me, and I will then happily admit I am thicko.

Most tickets are given to motorists who may slightly overstay their time, or who may have forgotten to renew their permits. They are being penalised for making genuine mistakes. This may incur a loss of revenue to the council or parking company, but in no way justifies an extortionate penalty charge, and it is in fact illegal to do so.

As these are civil disputes not criminal ones, then no fine can lawfully be applied

Police fines are different because, it's usually done on safety issues and not just for revenue gathering.

I would also suggest you learn the difference between a code and a law.
Car Parking tickets on 16:59 - Apr 17 with 329 viewsJackfath

Car Parking tickets on 16:54 - Apr 17 by controversial_jack

Most tickets are given to motorists who may slightly overstay their time, or who may have forgotten to renew their permits. They are being penalised for making genuine mistakes. This may incur a loss of revenue to the council or parking company, but in no way justifies an extortionate penalty charge, and it is in fact illegal to do so.

As these are civil disputes not criminal ones, then no fine can lawfully be applied

Police fines are different because, it's usually done on safety issues and not just for revenue gathering.

I would also suggest you learn the difference between a code and a law.

I have no evidence for your first statement, but would like to see proof of what you say; "most tickets are given to motorists who may slightly overstay their time, or have forgotton to renew their permits". In any case again, whether we like it or not, that's their look out!

If in future I get a parking ticket, could you advise how I could get out of it by applying your superior knowledge of the law?

Login to get fewer ads

Car Parking tickets on 17:00 - Apr 17 with 327 viewscontroversial_jack

Car Parking tickets on 16:59 - Apr 17 by Jackfath

I have no evidence for your first statement, but would like to see proof of what you say; "most tickets are given to motorists who may slightly overstay their time, or have forgotton to renew their permits". In any case again, whether we like it or not, that's their look out!

If in future I get a parking ticket, could you advise how I could get out of it by applying your superior knowledge of the law?

If in future you get a parking ticket you deserve it, so pay up!
Car Parking tickets on 17:01 - Apr 17 with 326 viewsJackfath

Car Parking tickets on 17:00 - Apr 17 by controversial_jack

If in future you get a parking ticket you deserve it, so pay up!

Indeed. Luckily I will always park within the law so wont get one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024