Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Kinnock Empire 11:22 - Apr 17 with 4362 viewsYrAlarch

Never mind the Russian incursion of Ukraine, what about the Kinnock incursion of Aberavon. First it's Europe, now Wales.
The Kinnock Empire on 12:33 - Apr 17 with 2912 viewsperchrockjack

Tories= scum and for the middle classes
Labour= honest and true and for the working class.

Harriet Harmon,one day could be Prime Minister

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Kinnock Empire on 13:36 - Apr 17 with 2881 viewspansypants

Are electoral turn outs on the increase? I think figures not so long ago suggest the amount of people who dont bother voting was very high.

Maybe they should have a buffet and karaoke at polling stations to increase the turn out.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

The Kinnock Empire on 15:03 - Apr 17 with 2844 viewsLord_Bony

The Kinnock Empire on 13:36 - Apr 17 by pansypants

Are electoral turn outs on the increase? I think figures not so long ago suggest the amount of people who dont bother voting was very high.

Maybe they should have a buffet and karaoke at polling stations to increase the turn out.

Free beer n fags would do the trick nicely.

People got to have some incentive to bother voting ffs.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Kinnock Empire on 16:53 - Apr 17 with 2797 viewsLohengrin

The Kinnock Empire on 12:33 - Apr 17 by perchrockjack

Labour = a convocation of oddballs and sexual degenerates with precisely nothing in common with those whom they purport to represent. Nothing.

Edit: x1000 for the SWP!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 16:54]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Kinnock Empire on 18:51 - Apr 17 with 2767 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Kinnock Empire on 16:53 - Apr 17 by Lohengrin

Labour = a convocation of oddballs and sexual degenerates with precisely nothing in common with those whom they purport to represent. Nothing.

Edit: x1000 for the SWP!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 16:54]

I think Perchie's as stuck in the 70's as you are in 1955 Loh. Labour for the working class? Not anymore sadly

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Kinnock Empire on 19:23 - Apr 17 with 2751 viewsepaul

We all know why you'd want as PM, Questio is does she match up to a certain cabinet minister

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Kinnock Empire on 19:25 - Apr 17 with 2749 viewsexiledclaseboy

I like Neil Kinnock. Always have.

There. I said it.

Poll: Tory leader

The Kinnock Empire on 21:20 - Apr 17 with 2711 viewsFlashberryjack

Tories = lying cheating bunch of tw*ts
Labour = read the above.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

The Kinnock Empire on 22:55 - Apr 17 with 2677 viewsCatullus

The Kinnock Empire on 19:25 - Apr 17 by exiledclaseboy

I like Neil Kinnock. Always have.

There. I said it.

Why,

He's an absolute hypocrite!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Kinnock Empire on 11:42 - Apr 18 with 2621 viewsLohengrin

The Kinnock Empire on 18:51 - Apr 17 by Brynmill_Jack

I think Perchie's as stuck in the 70's as you are in 1955 Loh. Labour for the working class? Not anymore sadly

If you want to put an exact, final date on the end of the Labour Party as it was originally conceived then 27th October 1931 would be it, Bryn.

The Kinnock Empire on 12:00 - Apr 18 with 2616 viewsTheFranchise

The Kinnock Empire on 21:43 - Apr 18 with 2550 viewsCatullus

The Kinnock empire, as inept as Brittas just not as funny!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Kinnock Empire on 22:06 - Apr 18 with 2542 viewsGretsch

I wasn't better off under Tories or labour really. But what I hate is "my dad voted labour, turn in his grave if I didn't" make your own mind up FFS
[Post edited 19 Apr 2014 8:37]
The Kinnock Empire on 16:42 - Apr 19 with 2465 viewsNOTRAC

How anyone can like Kinnock is beyond me.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The Kinnock Empire on 17:31 - Apr 19 with 2452 viewsCatullus

The Kinnock Empire on 16:42 - Apr 19 by NOTRAC

How anyone can like Kinnock is beyond me.

I did ask ECB why, but he hasn't answered. The only thing I like about Kinnock is, he is regularly out of Wales. Wish he'd never come back.

The Kinnock Empire on 17:43 - Apr 19 with 2448 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Kinnock Empire on 17:31 - Apr 19 by Catullus

I did ask ECB why, but he hasn't answered. The only thing I like about Kinnock is, he is regularly out of Wales. Wish he'd never come back.

I didn't realise I had to justify myself in these matters.

The Kinnock Empire on 17:48 - Apr 19 with 2444 viewsCatullus

The Kinnock Empire on 17:43 - Apr 19 by exiledclaseboy

I didn't realise I had to justify myself in these matters.

You don't have to justify why you like him, but seeing as you told us you did, I am interested in why?

I see nothing remotely likeable about him. A failed politician who took the EU shilling to participate in the gravy train. Another political chameleon who changes colours to suit his personal gain. A naturally orange Peter Hain.

PS, if you post an opinion on here, you can expect someone to question it. I would have thought you understood that by now!!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2014 17:51]

The Kinnock Empire on 17:55 - Apr 19 with 2437 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Kinnock Empire on 17:48 - Apr 19 by Catullus

You don't have to justify why you like him, but seeing as you told us you did, I am interested in why?

I see nothing remotely likeable about him. A failed politician who took the EU shilling to participate in the gravy train. Another political chameleon who changes colours to suit his personal gain. A naturally orange Peter Hain.

PS, if you post an opinion on here, you can expect someone to question it. I would have thought you understood that by now!!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2014 17:51]

I don't see him as a failed politician. He dragged the Labour Party back from the brink of oblivion and made it electable again. Yes, he's a hypocrite, I'm not denying it, but show me a politician who isn't.

The Kinnock Empire on 18:06 - Apr 19 with 2431 viewsCatullus

The Kinnock Empire on 17:55 - Apr 19 by exiledclaseboy

I don't see him as a failed politician. He dragged the Labour Party back from the brink of oblivion and made it electable again. Yes, he's a hypocrite, I'm not denying it, but show me a politician who isn't.

So he didn't lose an election he was favourite to win by making a clown of himself on a walk on a beach.
He didn't walk away a loser?
Not sure it was him who made Labour electable again either, not after the seafront episode. Being electable came later, after he had scuttled off.
And there are very few politicians aren't hypocrites. Mostly the less successful ones!
No one gets very far in Westminster if they aren't willing to sacrifice their ethics and morals.

The Kinnock Empire on 18:18 - Apr 19 with 2422 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Kinnock Empire on 18:06 - Apr 19 by Catullus

So he didn't lose an election he was favourite to win by making a clown of himself on a walk on a beach.
He didn't walk away a loser?
Not sure it was him who made Labour electable again either, not after the seafront episode. Being electable came later, after he had scuttled off.
And there are very few politicians aren't hypocrites. Mostly the less successful ones!
No one gets very far in Westminster if they aren't willing to sacrifice their ethics and morals.

You're wrong on a number of fronts.

The "walk on the beach" was in 1987, an election Labour was never going to win in a million years.

The winnable election was 1992. If Kinnock can be blamed for losing that in it was an ill-advised triumphalist speech at a rally in Sheffield a few days before polling day that did it. I've no doubt he regrets that.

He definitely made Labour electable. The party was in complete self-destruction mode in 1983 when he took over. For better or worse he dragged it back towards the centre ground, got rid of the extremists and made what John Smith and later Blair did to bring the party back to government possible.

Labour's return to government wouldn't have been possible without Kinnock.

The Kinnock Empire on 18:51 - Apr 19 with 2410 viewsLohengrin

The Kinnock Empire on 18:18 - Apr 19 by exiledclaseboy

You're wrong on a number of fronts.

The "walk on the beach" was in 1987, an election Labour was never going to win in a million years.

The winnable election was 1992. If Kinnock can be blamed for losing that in it was an ill-advised triumphalist speech at a rally in Sheffield a few days before polling day that did it. I've no doubt he regrets that.

He definitely made Labour electable. The party was in complete self-destruction mode in 1983 when he took over. For better or worse he dragged it back towards the centre ground, got rid of the extremists and made what John Smith and later Blair did to bring the party back to government possible.

Labour's return to government wouldn't have been possible without Kinnock.

He didn't do his credibility any favours appearing in that Tracey Ullman video either, Clase. My Guy, indeed!

The Kinnock Empire on 18:54 - Apr 19 with 2410 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Kinnock Empire on 18:51 - Apr 19 by Lohengrin

He didn't do his credibility any favours appearing in that Tracey Ullman video either, Clase. My Guy, indeed!

Heh, I'd forgotten about that.

The Kinnock Empire on 19:10 - Apr 20 with 2351 viewsCatullus

No, it was Smith made Labour electable. Kinnock was, and still is, perceived as a clown; a Welsh boot who did Wales about as many favours as Edward the first!!
I've heard political commentators say Labour had a chance until that walk on the beach. Kinnock leaving was a good day for Labour as Smith was taken much more seriously.

The Kinnock Empire on 19:50 - Apr 20 with 2337 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Kinnock Empire on 19:10 - Apr 20 by Catullus

No, it was Smith made Labour electable. Kinnock was, and still is, perceived as a clown; a Welsh boot who did Wales about as many favours as Edward the first!!
I've heard political commentators say Labour had a chance until that walk on the beach. Kinnock leaving was a good day for Labour as Smith was taken much more seriously.

You're wrong. On pretty much everything. It's not even a matter of opinion when you play fast and loose with the facts like you are.

In 1987 the Tories were defending a majority of about 130 against a Labour Party which had spent the past four years tearing itself apart. They were never going to win. There was a danger early on of them coming third in the popular vote behind the SDP/Liberal Alliance. They didn't, but only polled 31% (I think) and the Tories won in another landslide. Show me a political commentator who claimed that Labour had any chance of winning in 1987 and I'll show you an idiot.

John Smith continued the work Kinnock had started. It was Kinnock who expelled the extremists and carried out a root and branch review of every policy with the stated aim of dragging the party kicking and screaming to the centre left. It's laughable to credit Smith with making Labour electable again when he was only leader for two years before he died.

So, in short, you're wrong.

The Kinnock Empire on 20:56 - Apr 20 with 2303 viewsfbreath

He was great hit in spitting image

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024