Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 17:00 - Apr 19 with 5013 viewsDrWig

Was excellent again today. Was a little surpised Nathan was not brought on. Seemed to struggle with players running at them which also lead to the penalty. ALso thought JJS was good. Worried most about Rangel and Davies in defence.

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

Routledge on 06:22 - Apr 20 with 1249 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge on 21:36 - Apr 19 by FearOfAJackPlanet

He's been one of the gems in a pretty grim 2nd half of the season. He tries endless flicks and tricks and actually manages to pull most of them off, and does he look happy about it? does he f*ck, he looks like a man possessed. His frustrated 'arms by the side leap into the air' when things go wrong has become a motif of the last few months such is his determination to get a result.

Comes to mind first when I think of players who have stepped up to the plate since the season took a turn for the worse.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2014 21:37]

Routledge and Wilf have been streets ahead of the rest since Jan.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Routledge on 06:28 - Apr 20 with 1247 viewsdameedna

Routledge on 18:52 - Apr 19 by midswan

That is,and always will be, Pablo.

pablo will is not be the first and will not be the last to mullered by Tiote
Routledge on 06:44 - Apr 20 with 1237 viewsEdmundo

Another few more in the team to get their form back and we may have an excellent finish to the season.
If Jdg and Hernandez could match Routledge's commitment, we"d be a far better position.
Maybe next season we'll see more and consistency from them.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Routledge on 06:47 - Apr 20 with 1235 viewsQuakerJack

Few very skilful flicks yesterday, he looked like he was taking the proverbial at times. I love his outside of the foot crosses as well.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Routledge on 08:43 - Apr 20 with 1202 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge on 22:40 - Apr 19 by Lohengrin

Indeed they do. It's baffling that Hodgson doesn't seem interested in him, it's not as if England are overly blessed out wide.

He could even play in the hole behind the striker. I recorded game of the day and watched it back after midnight when I got in and he was everywhere. Some of those flicks and tricks are almost unique to him. If Hodgson saw that performance yesterday you would hope if you were an England supporter he'd at least take him as a wildcard.

On another note let's give him a new contract and tie him here for at least the next two or three years.

And watching the game (when I already knew we'd won so obviously not stressed) I thought some of the match day thread comments were a tad unfair to say the least. I thought on the whole we played reasonably well.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Routledge on 08:49 - Apr 20 with 1195 viewsJackfath

Routledge on 06:47 - Apr 20 by QuakerJack

Few very skilful flicks yesterday, he looked like he was taking the proverbial at times. I love his outside of the foot crosses as well.

I think he's a great player. However his "outside of the foot crosses" show why he's not ever made it as a top top player. One footed.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Routledge on 08:59 - Apr 20 with 1182 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge on 08:49 - Apr 20 by Jackfath

I think he's a great player. However his "outside of the foot crosses" show why he's not ever made it as a top top player. One footed.

Or maybe he's being played on the wrong wing but has the skill to still be able to pull it off.
Those crosses are also the least expected by defenders because of their sheer audacity

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Routledge on 10:23 - Apr 20 with 1137 viewstomdickharry

Routledge on 18:30 - Apr 19 by Zut_Alors

Agree Geoff, but the little man was celebrating more than anyone on the sides when we got that winner. He'll come good again. His form has been up and down for the last 2 years, but when he's on, he's up there with the best of them. Patchy winger form is exactly why we need to strengthen in that area to allow for their dips.

Good post,Dyer had a bad injury at Norwich and subsequent to that has had knocks on his ankles in practically every game,Monk could have been giving him and extended rest yesterday in order to be fully match fit for the final 3 games.As for Routledge has proved all the doubters,including myself,wrong.Now showing on a regular basis what a good player he has become,why the clown in charge of England can't see it is farcical.
Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 11:09 - Apr 20 with 1103 viewsYrAlarch

Got to say that 'Routs' did have a good game. Would be a potential England International if he had two feet.
Routledge on 12:34 - Apr 20 with 1056 viewsbermudajack

Routledge on 22:08 - Apr 19 by PedroJack

Its between Routs and Bony for player of the season

Completely agree,

Without doubt Bony has been terrific of late and really started to settle...

But Rout's has improved his game considerably and along with Ash... Simply cannot be left out of the team right now..

Rout's gets my vote for POTY without doubt... Been very consistent all season.

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Routledge on 12:42 - Apr 20 with 1053 viewsWarwickHunt

Routledge on 12:34 - Apr 20 by bermudajack

Completely agree,

Without doubt Bony has been terrific of late and really started to settle...

But Rout's has improved his game considerably and along with Ash... Simply cannot be left out of the team right now..

Rout's gets my vote for POTY without doubt... Been very consistent all season.

"very consistent all season"

Errr...not exactly.

Fantastic lately though. Playing with swagger and confidence, his pace over five yards from a standing start is just incredible. Took the p1ss yesterday.
Routledge on 13:06 - Apr 20 with 1030 viewsmidswan

Routledge on 11:09 - Apr 20 by YrAlarch

Got to say that 'Routs' did have a good game. Would be a potential England International if he had two feet.

what,like Young or Downing? lets face it hardly any winger is genuinely 2 footed , more important to be good with 1 than mediocre with 2....Milner anyone?
Routledge on 14:16 - Apr 20 with 993 viewsYrAlarch

The really great players can play with both feet. Having only one makes you a limited player, one that you can channel defensively. It begs the question what does he do in training, and what coaching he gets. Surely the object is to improve. Players like Beckham worked hard at improving their game and look what he achieved.
Routledge on 15:43 - Apr 20 with 965 viewsScoobyWho

Routledge on 21:15 - Apr 19 by SwansNZ

Wayne was fantastic yet again today. Full of tricks and fantastic speed. Should play for England, but I don't think Roy will ever select him.

I was thinking Dyer should have come on, but you can't fault the substitution by Huw - I mean Monk

Roy Hodgson is a silly old cu nt, who has a grey outlook and a grey attitude. The FA love him! it suits them best that way. Flair ?

England haven't got any at all.

Sh it ?

In abundance.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024